Raventhorn

Experienced survivors (?)

Everyone want`s to stay alive !

But with a good tent going and some vehicles death does not really scare people enough in my opinion.

What I am suggesting is a system where you as a survivor adapt and are able to learn skills the longer you stay alive.

These skills or feats should not give you a any real advantage when you are forced to kill another player.

I propose this:

The longer you survive the more skills you learn, you adapt to the zombie apocalypse. We all know that as a player you also learn and adapt.

You know where you are more often, your aim is getting better, you know the tricks of the zombie world. What to loot first, where you find items and so on.

Remember, the feats I propose here are things you can`t improve in front of you computer. And will make people want to stay alive even more (getting more to loose). But still NOT give you to much of an edge against others.

And I hope, will add a fun and rewarding addition to an already fun "game".

*some confusion forced me to add this: after 50 (debatable) hours of online survival you recive 1 point, 1 point only. You can not just start of and eat alot of canned food and get "King of Cans". Sure you can log in eat alot of canned (stored in your tent) food and wait 50 hours to get 1 rank in King of cans, but then you might just aswell play. I used King of cans as an example only.

King of cans:

Ranks: 3

Description:You have collected, stacked, eaten and lived of cans for a long time, this becomes you`r speciality

Rank 1: Cans of the same type will stack in your inventory and bag in stacks of 2.

Rank 2: stack in 3.

Rank 3: Your body has adapted to the "canned life" you gain 50% thirst reduction everytime you consume a canned food.

Require: 1 free point for each rank, you have consumed 150 various cans as a survivor.

Crossbow master:

Ranks: 2

Description:The crossbow is you favorite weapon, you love the sneaky kills, the thrill of using an non-projectile weapon. You use this every day, study it, learn how to be more efficent.

Rank 1: You can learn how to pile bolts. Bolts now stack in piles of 5.

Rank 2: The crossbow is deadly when the bolt is comming from you`r bow, the crossbow does 25% more dmg in your capable hands.

Require: 1 free point for each rank. Killed 50 zombies with a crossbow for rank 1. Killed 150 zombies for rank 2.

Toughness: - Removed -> could give people an advantage in pvp.

Backpacker:

Ranks: 3

Description: You live out of you backpack, it`s your home. You learn how to pack better, stack more efficent and use the space you got.

Rank 1: You gain 1 additional slot in your equipped backpack.

Rank 2: You gain 1 additional slot in your equipped backpack.

Rank 3: You gain 2 additional slot in your equipped backpack. (max 4 slots extra)

Require: 1 free point for each rank. You must have had 20 different items in you backpack (?) Rank 3 also require that you have obtained the Alice Backpack.

Driver:

Ranks: 1

Description: Your experience in cherno have taught you that fuel can be risky to collect, so you learn how to drive more economic.

Rank 1: When you drive you use 10% less fuel.

Require: 1 free point for each rank. You have spent 10 hours of driving.

Fitness:

Description: First rule of Cherno... ? Cardio ?

Rank 1: You can run at max speed for an additional 5 sec after everyone else will get tired.

Rank 2: You regain a steady hand aiming down the iron sight faster, AND when you use a biclyle you gain 10% speed.

Require: 1 free point for each rank.

First aid:

Description: You have learned first aid the hard way, but are getting more skilled at it as you go along.

Rank 1: When you use bandage there is a x% amount chance that you can bleed for another 300 blood due to the fact you are not experienced in first aid, rank one will make you stop bleeding right away, and it will increase the speed that you using "bandage" by x amount%

Rank 2: Blood transfusion become increasingly effective after choosing this feat, you gain 1000 blood points extra from a blood pack. (1 blood pack only restore 4000 blood when an unexperienced survivor tries to transfuse blood)Thanks to Lights Out

Require: 1 free point for each rank. Rank 1: used bandage 10 times. Rank 2: After your first blood transfusion in rank 2 you will be able to heal 5000 and increasingly more to 12 000

Master hunter: Thanks to Lights Out

Description: You have spend your fair ammount of time in the woods, hunting, gutting, making campfire. But you dont just do this for survival, you love it.

Rank 1: Raw meat will stack in your inventory in stacks of 3. Cooked meat will however still require a whole slot.

Rank 2: When you gut an animal you get 1-2 extra pices of raw meat, you can also choose to cook a 3 stack of meat making a "campfire feast" where 3 people can eat 3 "Charges" of 1600 blood.

Require: 1 free point for each rank. Rank 1: killed and guttet 20 animals. Rank 2: Made 20 campfire and cooked meat on them

"1 free point for each rank." ??

You will be able to obtain a maximum of 6 points (can be more but require would require ALOT of time). When you have survived 50 hours (online time) you will recive your first point.

If you have spent this time doing as little as possible you will not be able to choose among some of the feats.

None of the feats are "locked" I.E. you can choose at free will what you want, but in some of the feat trees you see that the highest rank often give you a better "edge" then the lower ranks.

The minimum requirement must be filled. You can not call yourself a "crossbow" master without ever using a crossbow.

The idea is to make dying worse, but not give people with the feats an edge in a firefight. (not to much). Toughness. *Removed since the perk was removed.

Visual effects are always nice. This is just a quick overview on how I picture it.

http://fitnessjenter.../days-feats.jpg

Thanks for reading, and feel free to add or come with suggestions.

Best Regards.

Edit*

*Fixed first aid to make bandage stop bleeds (this will require bleed to continue with 300 blood if this feat is not chosen)

*And blood packs will only restore 4000 blood default, it`s a blood transfusion and it will be a mess unless you learn how to do it proper.

*Added Master Hunter Thanks to Lights Out. (hope I got it right)

*Removed toughness, could give an edge in pvp.

Edited by Raventhorn
  • Like 9

I was thinking you loose you "playtime" when you die. So in one life.

But the time and feats are very, what do you say, "unpolished" so the numbers might (should) be altered. What do you think a reaonable time for learing the first feat?

About the bandage silencer :) too good, too bad or just a lame idea? (just want to know)

Thanks for reading.

The idea overall is good, but unrealistic. An idea: After eating 50 cans, you gain an additional 150 blood out of canned goods. Same for cooked meat.

The idea overall is good, but unrealistic. An idea: After eating 50 cans, you gain an additional 150 blood out of canned goods. Same for cooked meat.

Feel like I have to defend the "realistic" argument :)

Gave my backpack to my girlfriend and asked her to pack it, she could fit about 50% of what I needed. In the Royal Norwegian Special Forces you actually pack and empty your backpack on the floor to learn how to pack it quick and efficient.

If I used a crossbow I might learn how to use it :) And how to do more dmg with it as a result of that. Perhaps I tie the bolts togheter and hang them outside my backpack?

When I was younger I had no idea how to drive economicly, I learned how to do that aswell.

If you run you get fit :) Run from zombies and guess what... I think you will run faster and longer.

Have you eaten a can of beans? It is alot of liquid in that can, at first you might not even eat that, but after a while, when a bug seems delicious you will put your tounge down that can :)

(cats can survive longer without food because they get the fluids they need in food, just a fun fact)

Sure, not everything is "realistic" but it`s a game after all, I love simulations and I like that it is harder than the normal arcade game. But we need to draw the line at some point.

Change a tire in 10 sec, fix an engine in 20 sec and so on? Break a leg, take morphine and the leg is not broken anymore, ehm... well.... Things already in the game.

I am just saying that we have to tolerate some "unrealistic" things in games.

The reason why I "defend" against your argument is not to be rude, but simply because realism is a thing that is taken in consideration when making the suggestion. Most of the feats are pretty "down to earth" and doable. Not to fancy or gamebreaking.

Anyway, thanks for reading and replying :)

Edited by Raventhorn
  • Like 2

No skill should be easily obtainable. There needs to be precautionary measures taken to stop people from spamming an action at the beginning of their character to get all the skills.

You also have to be careful with certain skills to make sure people aren't getting a huge PvP advantage. I don't like the extra blood and the inability to get your bones broken/a concussion. It's just unrealistic.

I love the fitness. I hate the way you can just run forever currently. However I don't like the steady aim it gives you. I don't see the correlation. To add to your point about fitness. The requirements should be running an X amount of distance in X amount of days. meaning it'll take a few days of you consistently running to slowly get your fitness up. You can't just run all day and get fit. Being that its a game and our characters technically don't have to sleep, a time span must be incorporated to stop people from running around a tree in circles until they are fit. There also needs to be a way for you to become unfit if you don't continue running consistently.

Extra slots for items is already being taken care of believe. Besides being able to find bigger packs I believe they are also doing clothes that you can find and stuff with more item spaces.

Bandaging blood gives you more blood? bandaging a gun silences it? This is the wrong game for this type of stuff. It's unrealistic. This is suppose to be and realistic zombie survival game and this just has no place here. Not trying to be an asshole or anything but it just doesn't work. I do like the idea of gaining certain skills by completing certain actions but not this way.

Example: Bandaging and giving blood bags X amount of time makes you more effective and efficient at the process. Slightly more blood is given during transfusions and one bandage stops blood loss more often. The process of doing these action would also be quicker then a survivor who doesn't do it as much and isn't as trained.

Another example would be hunting. After gutting animals X amount of times you're able to more efficiently use the animal. maybe the survivor is able to harvest an extra piece of meat or two. They may be even able to utilize other parts of the animal.

If Rocket does indeed put in weapon degradation then this can be used to implement your gun skill without giving PvP advantage. After should a weapon X amount of time, he now knows how to better take care of his weapons and they while degrade X% slower. Nothing crazy but it will be better.

i think you see where I'm going with this. Skills should be realistic and not give PvP advantages but survival advantages. Nothing crazy though. This will also encourage team play because if you're really good at something, you'd be an asset to have around. gaining these skills should be difficult and as I mentioned before, precautionary measures need to be taken to stop people from spamming actions. Maybe only X amount of skills can be learned in X amount of time. the time would be quite lengthy.

Edited by Lights Out
  • Like 1

No skill should be easily obtainable. There needs to be precautionary measures taken to stop people from spamming an action at the beginning of their character to get all the skills.

Exactly, that`s why you need 50 hours of online game time to get your first "point" or skill\feat.

You also have to be careful with certain skills to make sure people aren't getting a huge PvP advantage. I don't like the extra blood and the inability to get your bones broken/a concussion. It's just unrealistic.

That is true, but how often do you run around with 12 000 hp ? I am often under, and in a pvp fight one bullet, one hack with an axe, one shot from a hand gun and you are way below the "immune" border. I think it`s kinda unrealistic that a healty person with 12 000 blood points can take one single punch and then go to the ground stay there and bleed out. But I see where you are going with this, it might be an edge in pvp, but you would have to go for 4 points here leaving only 2 points in other feats. Hard to know if this one is overpowerd before you try.

I love the fitness. I hate the way you can just run forever currently. However I don't like the steady aim it gives you. I don't see the correlation. To add to your point about fitness. The requirements should be running an X amount of distance in X amount of days. meaning it'll take a few days of you consistently running to slowly get your fitness up. You can't just run all day and get fit. Being that its a game and our characters technically don't have to sleep, a time span must be incorporated to stop people from running around a tree in circles until they are fit. There also needs to be a way for you to become unfit if you don't continue running consistently.

Seems like we agree on this one, added the steady aim so it would be worth going for. If you are in better shape you regain your resting pulse quicker, if you jog alot you know this :)

Love the way you think about getting more fitness, slowly over time. But yeah, there must be a way to keep exploiters at bay here aswell.

Extra slots for items is already being taken care of believe. Besides being able to find bigger packs I believe they are also doing clothes that you can find and stuff with more item spaces.

I did not know this, I don`t see it as a "problem" now, and did not think it needed "fixing".

Bandaging blood gives you more blood? bandaging a gun silences it? This is the wrong game for this type of stuff. It's unrealistic. This is suppose to be and realistic zombie survival game and this just has no place here. Not trying to be an asshole or anything but it just doesn't work. I do like the idea of gaining certain skills by completing certain actions but not this way.

Eating beans give you blood? Ever seen a movie where the bad guy goes in to a room and using a pillow to silence his shot? Bah, maybe a bad example but this is a "make shift" world, you use things you got. I can see by your post so far that you are far from an asshole :) and I thank you for the constructive critisism.

Example: Bandaging and giving blood bags X amount of time makes you more effective and efficient at the process. Slightly more blood is given during transfusions and one bandage stops blood loss more often. The process of doing these action would also be quicker then a survivor who doesn't do it as much and isn't as trained.

As of now the blood bag gives you full blood no matter what blood you are at. So you think it should not give full blood to begin with ? If so, I agree! Great idea :)

Another example would be hunting. After gutting animals X amount of times you're able to more efficiently use the animal. maybe the survivor is able to harvest an extra piece of meat or two. They may be even able to utilize other parts of the animal.

Loving this idea aswell, mind if I add them ? (Will credit you for them)

If Rocket does indeed put in weapon degradation then this can be used to implement your gun skill without giving PvP advantage. After should a weapon X amount of time, he now knows how to better take care of his weapons and they while degrade X% slower. Nothing crazy but it will be better.

I hope he does implement this :)

i think you see where I'm going with this. Skills should be realistic and not give PvP advantages but survival advantages. Nothing crazy though. This will also encourage team play because if you're really good at something, you'd be an asset to have around. gaining these skills should be difficult and as I mentioned before, precautionary measures need to be taken to stop people from spamming actions. Maybe only X amount of skills can be learned in X amount of time. the time would be quite lengthy.

Great ! You got the point of my suggestion.

Again thanks for reading and replying.

You heard it here first. Every time a player starts a new character, they'll run to a camp, swap out a bunch of random shit to maximize their can-stacking stat, and THEN start playing the game.

tl;dr Tents broke the game. How about breaking the game some more?

Oh I missed the part where you put the certain amount of hours for skills, completely agree.

As far is with the steady aim, to modify it a bit, make it so that when you're out of breath you're aim is not steady. Now if you're in shape, you can catch you're breath quicker, slow you're breathing and get your aim steadier to get off an accurate shot. I also enjoy running a lot and I think this would be a realistic way to implement it in game.

Yes please do and I'd love a bit of credit, sure. :thumbsup:

I mean we're all here to try and help and mold the game into something great. More minds, means more viewpoints and better ideas. Little by little we can perfect ideas.

About the whole blood thing, yes I don't believe a single blood bag should completely restore your blood count. Should take multiple bags depending on your blood count. Now if you're skilled in it maybe you waste less blood during the transfusion and you can also carry out the process quicker. I also believe that blood should SLOWLY regenerate as it would in real life. Very slowly and in an amount of time that best mirrors how it does in real life. Eating and staying nourished will speed the blood regeneration SLIGHTLY. I guess my whole point in this is subtly and moderation. Many ideas I read are good as long as it's subtle and not too extreme.

Still think a set time of survival (8 hrs played?)where you then get to travel to a better map where the better weapons exist is perfect.I play with no goal and get bored so I look for PVP and don't care at all if I die.I want to feel a need to survive though....a driving force like grinding in MMORPG's but surviving as the flavor.Say Chenarus is where you live for set time and you need to survive here for allotted time with all the shitty weapons.Now to make this work immersion wise.....I was thinking a system where after set time you find a note in a loot pile that gives coordinates to a group that are leaving to a new island and it explains how life is much better there....or so they think. :D You press YES to then travel to the new ChenrausPLUS map and here is where you live with better weapons,more enterable buildings etc etc.It could be a harsher map also temperature wise,less food spawns,more military spawns etc.Stuff to make surviving in the new map just a lot tougher.I really think that a winter look,with trees being leafless and some snow piles strewn around would be enticing....even though I love the woodland look or Chenarus.

Still think a set time of survival (8 hrs played?)where you then get to travel to a better map where the better weapons exist is perfect.I play with no goal and get bored so I look for PVP and don't care at all if I die.I want to feel a need to survive though....a driving force like grinding in MMORPG's but surviving as the flavor.Say Chenarus is where you live for set time and you need to survive here for allotted time with all the shitty weapons.Now to make this work immersion wise.....I was thinking a system where after set time you find a note in a loot pile that gives coordinates to a group that are leaving to a new island and it explains how life is much better there....or so they think. :D You press YES to then travel to the new ChenrausPLUS map and here is where you live with better weapons,more enterable buildings etc etc.It could be a harsher map also temperature wise,less food spawns,more military spawns etc.Stuff to make surviving in the new map just a lot tougher.I really think that a winter look,with trees being leafless and some snow piles strewn around would be enticing....even though I love the woodland look or Chenarus.

Theres suppose to be a lot more features and more difficulty in the stand alone. Being that the game is currently only a MOD there are a load of limitations. I would wait to see what he does with the Standalone. The regular game itself may give you more then enough to satisfy the gameplay you're looking for. From interviews I've read, his ideas are pretty ambitious. Not to mention plans to implement ours as well.

Maybe he can implement some server tweaks where you could increase zombie counts and or decrease loot to make it much more difficult for you. Item wise, I believe the stand alone is already going to add a plethora of items. Including guns and other tools/clothing.

Oh I missed the part where you put the certain amount of hours for skills, completely agree.

You can see that the first guy who replyed asked about this, I set 50 hours for the first point (that`s ingame surviving) And how to prevent people from just logging and "leeching" that`s where the other requirements come in, so you can`t just log and sit one place and get feats. But not sure about the time, 50 hours to much or to little? And ALL requirements need to be filled to be able to choose a skill, if you spent 50 hours surviving you get 1 point, you can`t place that in driving unless you have driven for 10 hours +. Some of the feats you can just "do" like collect alot of cans and eat them. But you still have to have 50 hours of surviving, in 50 hours chances are you already eat alot of canned food as long you play normal. Some feats like crossbow require that you use the crossbow, but that`s the least you can do :) I am not sure this came across clear enough in the main post after I read what BazBake wrote (who misunderstud much of the consept). Hope it is more clear now.

As far is with the steady aim, to modify it a bit, make it so that when you're out of breath you're aim is not steady. Now if you're in shape, you can catch you're breath quicker, slow you're breathing and get your aim steadier to get off an accurate shot. I also enjoy running a lot and I think this would be a realistic way to implement it in game.

This is what I ment, perhaps I articulatet myself badly here (english is not my main language)

Yes please do and I'd love a bit of credit, sure. :thumbsup:

Fixed the first aid, removed the bandage weapon feat, replaced with blood transfusion. And made bandage a little different, it does not heal, but become more efficent and stop further bleedning better. I am not sure about adding to much rng i.e. having bandages work sometimes. Pisses people off :)

I mean we're all here to try and help and mold the game into something great. More minds, means more viewpoints and better ideas. Little by little we can perfect ideas.

/agree.

About the whole blood thing, yes I don't believe a single blood bag should completely restore your blood count. Should take multiple bags depending on your blood count. Now if you're skilled in it maybe you waste less blood during the transfusion and you can also carry out the process quicker. I also believe that blood should SLOWLY regenerate as it would in real life. Very slowly and in an amount of time that best mirrors how it does in real life. Eating and staying nourished will speed the blood regeneration SLIGHTLY. I guess my whole point in this is subtly and moderation. Many ideas I read are good as long as it's subtle and not too extreme.

A great suggestion and I agree, not sure about the slow regenration of blood, could make pople stay logged in when they want to take a break if low on blood? But eating should restore at a rate and not right away.

And I have added your suggestions to my main post, just tell me if I got something wrong :)

Cheers.

Edited by Raventhorn

You can see that the first guy who replyed asked about this, I set 50 hours for the first point (that`s ingame surviving) And how to prevent people from just logging and "leeching" that`s where the other requirements come in, so you can`t just log and sit one place and get feats. But not sure about the time, 50 hours to much or to little?

Not sure, I think we need more opinions on it and it would have to be play tested.

This is what I ment, perhaps I articulatet myself badly here (english is not my main language)

No problem, just wanted to clarify that we both had the same idea.

Fixed the first aid, removed the bandage weapon feat, replaced with blood transfusion. And made bandage a little different, it does not heal, but become more efficent and stop further bleedning better. I am not sure about adding to much rng i.e. having bandages work sometimes. Pisses people off :)

I wouldn't say you NEED the skill to completely stop the bleeding with a bandage but I would say there's an X% chance of needing more then one bandage to completely stop the bleeding right away. I would also make bandaging take longer for someone without the skill. This timing could prove crucial in certain situations.

A great suggestion and I agree, not sure about the slow regenration of blood, could make pople stay logged in when they want to take a break if low on blood? But eating should restore at a rate and not right away.

It's alright if they want to stay logged in to regenerate blood. They can't just leave their character there as they still have to worry about eating and drinking to stay alive. Also if Rocket implements weather changing they'll have to keep an eye on weather changes and their temperature. You may say weather doesn't change that quickly but when I said it regenerate slowly, I meant really SLOW. Realistically slow. And of course, zombies and other players could come along and kill them. There's a few things in place already that would stop them from just leaving their game running and not paying attention. But yes, the food definitely should not give you instant blood regeneration.

Edited by Lights Out

warz also took away perks, classes and bullshit..why dayz should take those in?

i wanna be exactly the same the fucker in front of me is

Never played warz. I mean I could be completely wrong. Even something as minuscule as I suggested with the tiniest of skills may not work. I do agree in its current form, I still have a LOAD of fun with DayZ. But might as well voice your ideas and critique other's ideas and give your input. You could form a completely new idea that you never intended that actually works.

warz also took away perks, classes and bullshit..why dayz should take those in?

Yeah, cause when you meet a guy with those 1-2 extra slots in his backpack you are i trouble, or a guy who can stack his beans ? "He can stack his beans... RUN!!"

Seriously, I get the feeling that some people don`t read the entire post, just browse over it and draw a quick conclusion.

Don`t worry Lights Out, no one played warz, it has not been released, they wanted to have classes an perks that could make you win a pvp fight so people who just browse over the post will belive that this is the same thing.

These perks are not for others, they are only for yourself. Let me explain (again). At it`s current state you can go to your tent, empty everything you have on yourself and run around as "new char". This makes more people careless about surviving, this will lead to a more unrealistic behavior model from players. We can`t have people in your room giving you a hard slap in the face when you die but perhaps if you lost something more you would start behaving like you actually want to live. I know these perks are not much but when you suvived for 50 hours got 1 point and have 1 exstra bag slot you actually loose something when you die.

This whole topic is about giving people more to live for without giving them a "edge" in pvp. I agree that toughness is a slight edge (don`t know for sure how much) the crossbow is never used anyway, so that is just to add some flavour and make people actually use it (would still be worse in a pvp fight)

Well... the "fucker" currently in front of me has just put all his good stuff in his tent, so he does not give a fuck about anything. I try to talk to him, but what`s the point, he does not care. Hi is "empty", so shot.... If he dies, he goes to his tent and he is right back where he started.

"I want the fucker in front of me to actually care if he lives or dies."

Edited by Raventhorn

Personally I would like to see sleep introduced into the game, everyone needs to sleep and think of how scary it would be to sleep, wondering if your going to be attacked by a walker or a bandit, obviously in a world populated with the undead, infected or both, sleeping would be a dangerous and scary thing to do, but essential to your health and survival. How it would be implemented i'll leave to you guy's lol!

People complain so much about realism but when it looks them dead in the face they say NO!, These perks are for realism there is no better damage with gun (there is with a cross bow but it makes sense) all it is, is your character who is surviving learning how to survive better. Everyone says there should be level playing ground but honestly is it really a level playing ground when someone like me whose been playing for 3 months runs into someone whose been playing for 2 days? Answers no by the way in case anyone out their thought of being a smart ass and saying yes. Reason its not level is you have a seasoned player fighting against someone who is 2 days in. Its like giving a Navy Seal and some random 21 year old a gun, they might have the same gun and be in familiar territory but honestly who do you think will win that battle?

No thanks for RPG mechanics.

I want capabilities to be tied to equipment and skill.

Not grinding and dicerolls.

• Like 2

People complain so much about realism but when it looks them dead in the face they say NO!, These perks are for realism there is no better damage with gun (there is with a cross bow but it makes sense) all it is, is your character who is surviving learning how to survive better. Everyone says there should be level playing ground but honestly is it really a level playing ground when someone like me whose been playing for 3 months runs into someone whose been playing for 2 days? Answers no by the way in case anyone out their thought of being a smart ass and saying yes. Reason its not level is you have a seasoned player fighting against someone who is 2 days in. Its like giving a Navy Seal and some random 21 year old a gun, they might have the same gun and be in familiar territory but honestly who do you think will win that battle?

Bingo, you got it :) No extra dmg on guns only making crossbow a viable option to add some flavour, but still, with this perk, normal weapons would be better in pvp. The whole point of this is not to give people more edge, it`s to give the something to loose when they die !

IMO you need to throw out your toughness perk, no perks/skills etc should improve blood or give "HP" to characters, this takes away from the equality in PVP.

To those that don't want "dice rolls" to decide pvp you have forgotten about the spread mechanic that exhists in DayZ. This mechanic alters the angle that your barrel is pointed when you fire shots and fairly randomly effects your accuracy. Go shoot a makorov or 1911 and you can see what I'm talking about, these things you complain about are already in the game.

IMO you need to throw out your toughness perk, no perks/skills etc should improve blood or give "HP" to characters, this takes away from the equality in PVP.

A good point, I have been thinking the same myself. Perhaps replace with something else that would not give an advantage at all?

To those that don't want "dice rolls" to decide pvp you have forgotten about the spread mechanic that exhists in DayZ. This mechanic alters the angle that your barrel is pointed when you fire shots and fairly randomly effects your accuracy. Go shoot a makorov or 1911 and you can see what I'm talking about, these things you complain about are already in the game.

Very true, not only in the accuracy on weapons but also many other places, heck when you enter a city there is an rng that calculate what loot you get. There are rng for dmg on cars. Problem is that people toss around "dice rolls" and are not 100% where they are used.

Thanks for your reply, Perhaps I will remove toughness :) A good suggestion.

*Edit:

removed thoughness thanks to suggestions I read in here.

Edited by Raventhorn

I like this idea and dayz has been slowly implementing this in the mod with humanity, i believe there was benefits and drawbacks from high and low humanity but nothing major. This would also decrease player killing, while banditry will never be solved and is a necessary part of the game, there is no real incentive to not kill. Other ideas like creating more events where you need players to survive are having drawbacks to murdering all should be implemented.

Bud, your work is amazing, but all you say, contradicts something you wrote in the begining of your text.

Any of these skill will actually give advantages over other players. Be it in combat or not.

And this isnt right, since the game is made to make you accumulate your own skills using your brain, not a char. sheet. This is what differs DayZ from any other games. Actually, what you learn, your strategy, how many food you need to cross X kilometers, is more important than whatever advantage you can achieve.

Actually, the amount of time you spend eating canned food, wont make your body to better process it, it will give you a large array of problems, mainly on your stomach and intestines(sorry for my shitty english).

In certain moments I hate not to have a skill, or some sort of advantage, but right after this moment of angry I am thankful to play a game that what mostly makes me live is what I learned from several hours of gameplay, just like IRL.

Edited by n4ndoz