ChernoPTA

1.7.3 - Lets Wipe the Hive

Lets Wipe The Hive  

937 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe the Hive for 1.7.3?

• Yes
    • No

I say yes. It wasn't easy to keep my guy alive for 6 days, but I'd like everyone to get a fresh start. But before you wipe it, please get rid of so many hackers, they ruin the game, even the good ones that help others ruin it. The fun is finding rare stuff, if you take that away you end up with a game that's about keeping W held down.

I am on a yes and no on this...

Especially because I FINALLY found a ghilliesuit.....

On multiple points, yes the hive needs to be wiped, because of all the duplicated stuff, herded vehicles, etc. etc...

But eventually it will just happen again and again and again.

But it would make the game somewhat.. 'fair' again I guess.

You have my beans for suggesting what so many have been thinking for so long.

However

A wipe would only be of benefit when tent duping is fixed, and I have seen no indication anywhere by the dev team that this will be fixed in the next patch, so it's pointless to speculate and get hopes up.

Apart from that, nothing is needed more than wiping all that dirty gear out there, so it will be a big fat AYE from me as soon as I see a duping fix in that changelog :P

*if anyone else has, please point me in the right direction as I would love to know exactly what the official changelog is expected to be.

Absolutely not, I think illegal weapons should be removed, as for all legitimate weapons, they should stay. I stopped playing regularly for the past couple weeks so I would have my gear for the next patch, or when there are less hackers.

• Like 1

I think its a good idea. But need to sort the hacking primarily.

No point if you can just spawn it in again. Shame about any rarities like antibiotics.

Although i still fail to see why there would be so much blood bags (which are meant to be used in a certain period of time) opposed to antibiotics... Maybe it's just me. Anyways rant over. This is a good plan; if the hacking problem ceased to exist however.

Lets do it.

Most weapons at the moment are hacked/duped.

I have no idea why it's been allowed to go on this far to begin with.

• Like 1

I totally agree with a Hive Wipe if everything is fixed in 1.7.3 when it comes to saving stuff.

A fresh start and all dupes gone, sounds awesome.

Yes please fresh clean start for all, it is still an alpha they can blame it on the transition from upgrade data misdirection or some other witchcraft. If nothing else I am sick of every single doorway being swamped in hedgehogs, wire, and sandbags.

Do what I did. I contacted DayZ staff telling them my server was full of tents with dozens of duped as50s, as50 tws, l85s, m4 cco sds, M4 holos, G36s, the works. I asked them if I could get my server wiped as I heard they have done it in the past for people. I also told them that literally every town from Kamenka to Berezino had barbed wire griefing over almost every loot spawn entrance. They shut me down. So, I went to Casey at Vilayer, who provide me with my server and told him how frustrating it was, and with a flick of his wrist, he gave me a brand new instance ID(with vehicles already present) and it was completely wiped clean. All tents gone. Vehicles replaced to original spawn and their original conditions. It may have pissed people off, but I'm sorry that I'm not allowing people to pick up AS50s in tents that were placed INSIDE OF ELEKTRO.

Seriously, contact your server providers, especially if you have Vilayer. They WILL help you wipe your server clean if you'd like. I know this doesn't mean a full hive wipe but it's the next best thing, and now with tents not saving, everyone has to either goto other servers to get duped gear out of tents, or come to mine and go find it legitimately or kill for it. Aka: The way it should be.

• Like 2

I think this could be a good idea. Yes, it won't get rid of the hacked weapons that will return, but it will get rid of some of the excess weapons that came around due to the tent and saving issues. It won't hurt people to start over. No ones character is guaranteed to be permanent in Alpha.

Absolutely not, I think illegal weapons should be removed, as for all legitimate weapons, they should stay. I stopped playing regularly for the past couple weeks so I would have my gear for the next patch, or when there are less hackers.

The problem with that, is that you can't just pick the duped or illegal guns out one by one. The way to do it is to wipe everything. This is an alpha, a test build, if you've played games before that might have persistent elements during alpha or beta, your rarely guaranteed your character.

Edited by Maxgor

useless idea. hackers can still ammo crate and ppl who dont want to lose their stuff can just stay on 2.4 or 2.5.

Excellent! This has been proposed before (I participated in a post on this matter in july I think), but the reactions were mostly negative back then. Looks like the opinions have shifted towards a wipe by now, which is good! Let's start clean again after the duping bugs have been fixed!

useless idea. hackers can still ammo crate and ppl who dont want to lose their stuff can just stay on 2.4 or 2.5.

Uh, no, if the Hive is wiped, doesn't matter what version you login on, that stuff is gone.

Hackers can ammo crate, and admins can ban them for it. I do it all the time.

Whats more, the Hive can start tracking ammo crate spawns, and be far more accurate in identifying the original user.

At this point a hive wipe would probably be the only thing to get me playing again. Gearing up from scratch (not running to a tent) is what made this game popular in the first place. I would like to see the game back to it's roots, rather than the duplication festival which it is now...

At this point a hive wipe would probably be the only thing to get me playing again. Gearing up from scratch (not running to a tent) is what made this game popular in the first place. I would like to see the game back to it's roots, rather than the duplication festival which it is now...