carecup1@hotmail.com

Banned from Us 1548 for having hacked items in tents.

Uhmm, yeah well we spoke to them and they said they would look at the logs.

They sent me Script restriction #195, Vehicle create #1 and another one which i cannot remember. They didn't provide any proof, like screenshots or video of us so called (hackers).

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/900972751360193197/9AFC75552ECFA6B85A33D95E2A6C764163A9B619/

Names:

Scotty

Hotblack

THE_JOKER_001

Mentalfreakk

foxhunter666

smokee

all from being banned because we had hacked weapons in some tents.

• Like 1

Hacked items found in tents...is there anything more to say...? You should know admins have started a witch hunt.

• Like 1

I find it very hard to sympathise with you. You're using hacked items, whether you hacked them in or not is besides the point. I've only ever found one hacked weapon in-game (lucky I guess) and I dumped it on the nearest dead zombie before hiding the body. I'd shake the admins hand personally. Don't use hacked weapons = Problem solved no?

• Like 2

I find it very hard to sympathise with you. You're using hacked items, whether you hacked them in or not is besides the point. I've only ever found one hacked weapon in-game (lucky I guess) and I dumped it on the nearest dead zombie before hiding the body. I'd shake the admins hand personally. Don't use hacked weapons = Problem solved no?

who said we were using them? they were in tents. Clearly you are somewhat of a friend of the admin.

I just happen to have a bunch of kilograms of cocaine in my tents. I got arrested but i do not understand, it was just lying there, not being used.

Find a hacked item? Destroy them, why would you save them in a tent?

• Like 1

I found the chopper after 2 days of looking i then went for a flight then landed the chopper on cherno hotel so if they wanted it they had to blow it up :) and wait for the respawn :)

http://i1220.photobu...01-01-46-53.jpg Right where i found it :)

What can i say i live in the sky :) Flying is all i do

Edited by Mentalfreakk

We have found a few tents full of hacked gear(AS50TWS, satchels, g36c sd, soldier clothingx6, 9 mt dews lol, etc.) We have: 1. taken all items out tossed on the ground, saved tents. server restart: all is back like it was. 2. blown the tents to bits with the satchels after emptying and saving them, same effect. Not even the server owner can get rid of them. We have pretty much just made it part of our routine after a restart to blow them up and play on.

I guess there is nothing more to do with them.

Don't use/save/take hacked crap, it just makes you look bad in everyones mind.(yeah I know we are using hacked gear to blow up more hacked gear, but it does keep it out of circulation on the server)

Yeah but you cannot get banned for hacked items. Only if you hack the items.

And because there is no way to know it's better give a prophylactic ban before bad things are done with the hacked items by the individuals hoarding them. Maybe they will learn a thing or two from that experience and stop doing so in the standalone.

"No your Honor... I didn't make the head exploding machine.... I just use it on ppl, so I should be cleared of all charges"

Using hacked items is still an unfair advantage & ban-able offense, think about what your saying.

• Like 1

And yet you are banned. I wonder why that is?

We'll have to see what the owners of DAYZ think. because i'm pretty damn sure you cannot get banned from using hacked weapons, it's frowned apon from the community. But i'm pretty sure the g36c sd camo is exactly the same as the m4a1 cco sd. but with a holo sight which i find better. Anyways. From rockets mouth. You cannot get banned from using hacked weapons or vehicles. I'm not going to post again. Because i'm sick of explaining myself to people who clearly just wants to be a nusiance to others.

We'll have to see what the owners of DAYZ think. because i'm pretty damn sure you cannot get banned from using hacked weapons, it's frowned apon from the community. But i'm pretty sure the g36c sd camo is exactly the same as the m4a1 cco sd. but with a holo sight which i find better. Anyways. From rockets mouth. You cannot get banned from using hacked weapons or vehicles. I'm not going to post again. Because i'm sick of explaining myself to people who clearly just wants to be a nusiance to others.

I'm sure the server admin will unban you as soon as Rocket contributes towards the cost of his server.

• Like 5

The owner/server admin of US1548 will be coming to post specifics on this tomorrow. But I thought I'd come post a few things.

The individuals we banned are all part of a clan, TDS, hence why they were all banned. Upon taking this action, we instantly gave them the option to come discuss it with us. And, as such, we've spoken to their leader and one of the members on TeamSpeak (approximately 10-15minutes after they were banned, for a good hour).

We were told by their leader that they were all together, and all legit, and told that we had "nothing" to ban them over. A number of the individuals banned above, one in particular, had been kicked repeatedly by Battleye for "createitem" and "createvehicle" scripts, plus a number of others. Upon discovering them in possession of a large number of illegitimate items, banning was the appropriate action in our view.

With regards to some of the comments above: Did they kill any of our clan's members? No. If they did, who cares, it's part of the game. Did they take our chopper? Yes, but we don't really care. We were planning on blowing it up in Cherno, anyway, for pretty fireworks. They took that 24-48 hours earlier. We did not ban them when they took it. Why would we? Again, part of the game.

We banned them when, finding their camp/killing them, we discovered them with hacked weapons (some in tents, some on their person, all of which, after banning them, we promptly threw on the ground and restarted the server to remove them). Checking the logs, there were numerous suspect scripts being used. All of which our server admin will highlight soon.

who said we were using them? they were in tents. Clearly you are somewhat of a friend of the admin.

Never heard of the individual who posted, so he is not a friend of the admin?

Yes, some were in tents. But at least one (a camo'd machine gun) was on The_Joker_001 (who freely admitted on our TeamSpeak he was using it, with the excuse "I did not know it was a hacked gun..." despite you guys having played DayZ for quite some time, now... I learned what guns were in the game within days... there's a DayZ wiki for a reason, no?), and we were told that others were using such weapons, again, with the excuse "We didn't know. We found them in someone's camp on this server!" (Our server had been offline for 3 weeks, and it's very rarely populated, and hasn't been since we put it back online).

Also, we were constantly told on TeamSpeak when discussing the issue we had no proof. Logs are proof.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

Pretty sure we don't need to run around recording EVERYTHING that happens with pictures or videos, do we?

Also, I must point out the greatest piece of defence I've ever heard: Scotty said freely on TeamSpeak, "I've been running with these guys for about 5 days now, I know none of them are hacking!" and when pointing out the number of suspect logs, in between interjections of "That happens when you disconnect!" we were told that the individual with the most createitem script reports was "the nicest guy ever, and he's about 65. There's no way he'd know anything about scripting."

Everything we pointed out, we were told "that just happens when you disconnect." We were also threatened "So, are you going to unban us, or do we have to go post on the DayZ forums and have you removed from the hive?" So, you know, interesting...

Either way, happy gaming all. Our admin will be by to post in regards to this.

Edited by OeterB
  • Like 3

Cheesy little bitches hiding behind "rules".

Hacked in guns are hacked in guns thats enough to get a ban on our server, none of the players that play on it want them and we make dam sure no players with them stay on our server.

Pick one of the other 4000 odd servers and maybe try playing the game like most people do without this crap that isnt in the loot table and you wouldnt get banned.

• Like 1

Pick one of the other 4000 odd servers and maybe try playing the game like most people do without this crap that isnt in the loot table and you wouldnt get banned.

Out of interest, exactly how many servers are there? All around the world?

Out of interest, exactly how many servers are there? All around the world?

4614 show up in the server list of the Day Z commander I have installed.

I'm the admin of US 1548 and I thought id throw in my two cents.

The whole issue with the TdS members arose when we found and raided their campsite. After a brief but victorious battle with 2 of their members, we found an began to raid their tents. To our surprise we found several items that were not in the DayZ loot tables (AS50TWS, g36c SD various variations of weapons with scopes/camos not found legitimately in DayZ)

As I was unsure of who exactly had spawned in these items I banned every known member of TdS (As listed above) until I could check the logs and clear specific names/find out where the items originated.

We invited the members of TdS into our TS server to discuss what was going on while I inspected the logs for anything suss (They had already admitted to using the hacked items but claimed they had stole them from another tent on our server)

After inspection of the logs I found that several of their members had been kicked multiple times by the BattlEye script detection (vehicle create restrictions, item create restrictions and trying to log in as admin alongside several others) Their explanation of these kicks by battleeye were all "This happens when you log out on a vehicle" (I can agree to a certain extent that certain script restrictions can be caused by logging out at bad times but not the ones they were tripping)

After carefully explaining to the TdS members that I chose to take the server logs word over their own (Somehow I doubt a hacker would openly admit spawning in items to a server admin) and that they would remain banned, TdS decided to tell us to unban them or to face "having our server taken off the hive for having no reason to ban them" (I still believe my server logs)

Being a reasonable guy I even offered to unban their leader for a short period of time so that they could take their legit items (we had already thrown all the hacked items on the floor followed by a restart) and take them to one of the many other servers (some of which accept hackers with open arms)

Which takes us to now, I still feel that what I've done is completely within my right as a server admin (We don't want hackers or players who associate with hackers ruining the integrity of our server). If I get official word that what I did was wrong, I'll be happy to reconsider

Edited by x3point14x

good call by the admin. doesn't matter who spawned the items, if you're using them you're guilty. by this point people should know what's legit and what isn't. you have only yourself to blame for using them.

OP whining about his hacking clan using hacked weapons.

Everyone disagreeing with OP.

Admins trust logs over hackers' words.

Everyone agrees with admins.

I think the discussion here is pretty much said and done. Good move, admins. I salute you.

• Like 1

I do not think that banning someone for "having hacked items in tents" is a legitimate reason for banning someone. The reason for this is that the owners of the tents in question may not have been the people that placed the items in the tents.

Knowingly "using a hacked item in game", is absolutely worth a ban.

In this case, if what the admin says is true, then the players did "admit to using the hacked items". At that point whether they hacked the items into the game or not is immaterial. I must agree with the admin in this case if all the facts presented by him and OP are true.

Conclusion: Admin was in the right. You guys should find another server.

Let me start by saying I have NO affiliations with anyone in this thread and acting as a UNBIASED 3rd party.

The facts (as far as I can see):

- admins banned a group of people all in same group for hacked weapons in tent

- someone in group spawned items into game

The problems...

- Only the player who spawned the items should be banned.

- Players banned for using/having illegal weapons.

Please note that Rocket the CREATOR of DayZ has clearly stated that people that are USING illegal items are NOT to be banned/kick. Server owners do pay for their servers however if they want their servers to be linked to the HIVE they must follow the rules set by Rocket.

Server admins in this case had 3 options.... but they chose to go with a 4th.

Option 1) Look at logs and ban the ones using scripts.

Option 2) Shutdown the server and do Option 1.

Option 3) Do nothing

NOT an Option 4) Ban everyone in group, then do Option 1 and unban the rest.

This can be fustrating for admins and I sympatize. I don't agree with having hacked items eighter and that Rocket needs to do the following in order:

1) Any players that have hacked items should have them replaced with the closest item. I.e. AS50 TWS-> AS50 ect.... Cause they may have just found them in game.

2) If someone spawns an illegal weapon or picks up one dont save it to the HIVE. I.e. Blacklist the items from the database.

Edited by devnull2012

Just an update that, having spoken to one of their clan leaders, we've sorted out this issue amicably and all has been resolve. Considering this has blown out to be one of the hottest topics in the DayZ forums, the mods may wish to lock it.

Server admins in this case had 3 options.... but they chose to go with a 4th.

Option 1) Look at logs and ban the ones using scripts.

Option 2) Shutdown the server and do Option 1.

Option 3) Do nothing

NOT an Option 4) Ban everyone in group, then do Option 1 and unban the rest.

But how does one know if the script we were getting kicked for we actually so called "hacks" i've googled it. People have had the same problem because their internet has disconnected. I just find it unfair that is why i have posted.

Oh and by the way to all the butthurt forum kiddies out there.. I actually don't care what you have to say :) your two cents none sense is pointless it has nothing to do with you nor should you even post on this thread :)

• Like 1