aelus

Elysium | Department of Defense

Two New Squads created, one Latin American Squad Echo!

List of current Countries represented in our 80 members!

Alhpa Sections UK & EU Members

Bravo-Delta Squad United States

Echo Squad Latin America

Foxtrot Squad Russian

Golf Squad American

Looking to add other countries and time zones too!

Apply here http://www.elysiumcorps.org

Oh, Elysium. Not my favourite people.

Here's the questions from their application form:

And when you've filled it in, there's a series of checkboxes:

Ignoring the poor use of English, I attempted to fill in the form. I had quite a lot of difficulty in so doing as the questions are a bit uh... what my old girlfriend would have called "wanky". Most of the list of ideals aren't ideals and I did laugh when Aelus managed to miss one of them out, as it's sacrifice - and that's the most important one when it comes to this clan.

I filled out the form honestly, saying that I wasn't better than the average soldier and that I wouldn't care if some kid was abusing the clan in side chat. A couple of days later I was accepted into the clan. Now you'd think that someone would get in touch to say what one needs to do next or to proffer a welcome, but that didn't happen. Instead, I was told of an operation by someone I happened to know who was already a member.

I joined up with a group of several people. They had a truck and were going around looting everything and sticking it in the back - all this kit was for their elite 1st Section; we weren't going to get any of it. I had some problems with the server on which they were playing as I got kicked for ping occasionally. The others weren't terribly happy with waiting for the 30 seconds or so for me to log back in, but that's by-the-by. One of them picked up on the fact that I am Scottish and so I got to hear piss-poor Sean Connery impressions for the rest of the night. Oh well.

At the time, I was wearing a ghillie suit and carrying a Bizon (silenced sub-machine gun). One of the members decided that I should give him my ghillie suit. I explained to him that this was my first time playing with them and that I was currently deciding if I would so do again and thus wasn't terribly happy with the notion of giving up a fairly valuable piece of kit on his say-so. He then threatened to kill me for it. I don't have any problem facing down children and that was the end of that discussion.

Then they decided I was carrying the wrong gun. I explained that I'm not a terribly good sniper and again, I wasn't about to give up a fairly rare gun (especially as I had several magazines for it) on my first time out with them. I wasn't threatened this time though, so there had been some improvement in the situation.

One of them then fell over unconscious and it was the lengthy sort whereby it takes a few minutes to get up. I injected him with my epi-pen to get him moving again. Unfortunately, this kept happening. The others thought it tremendously funny to drag around his unconscious body whilst mocking him with racist and homophobic epithets. Charming.

The truck was now parked on a dirt road just above Electrozavodsk, which can be a bit of a dangerous area. Apparently one of the members had lost connection and we were awaiting his return. The others were having a great time dicking about, shooting just above each others' heads, throwing flares around and dragging about the persistently unconscious member. I was the only one keeping watch: I had to constantly move about to keep us covered as we were in a prime spot to get ambushed quite easily. One or two of them decided that they'd like to shoot at me for fun, but when I told them I would happily kill them if they tried, they decided not to bother and went back to playing William Tell/Burroughs and calling each other gay.

After over three quarters of an hour of this nonsense, the server announced that it was going to be reset in ten minutes. There was some concern about what would happen to the truck. I went back to it and hit the save option. I also suggested we move it off the road in case we had difficulty getting back on and someone else chanced upon it before our return. This was largely ignored, but my friend did eventually move it off the road. As the server reset drew near, they all began logging off until I was the last one present. I moved the truck a little further away so that it was out of sight from the road or the nearby hill, saved it again and awaited the reset.

The reset never came. The Elysium chaps began to drift back on and began asking where the truck had gone. I was about to answer, when they started up with their racist homophobia once again and I just thought "sod it". Since I'd joined up with this group, I'd fed and watered everyone, used up my only epi-pen, been threatened several times, told to give up my equipment and had to listen to Sean Connery impressions and their constant childish "banter" whilst I was the only one who had kept watch for other players. All the while we'd been collecting gear for their precious first section, effectively acting as menial drones.

So I stole the truck and now I've got four sets of night visions goggles and a whole pile of weapons. Thanks for those, I've still got them. I should say that none of them suspected that the truck had been taken and all happily blamed in on the server reset that hadn't actually happened. They went in to Electro to murder new players after that.

I felt a bit bad about stealing their truck; not for the sakes of the idiots with whom I'd had to play, but for my friend who was still with them. I needn't have worried. Later on that night, my friend sent me a message to say that he was never playing with them again. He'd been killed when riding in another vehicle - whether due to an accident or a glitch, I wasn't sure. When he'd returned to the group, they'd taken all his equipment from his corpse and wouldn't return it. What a bunch of twats...

I love how Aelus says they're not bandits: they just kill everyone they see and take their stuff. What would be the definition of a bandit?

Thanks.jpg

You're my truck now, Dave

Worth the read, I was considering applying, but after reading that I'm sure as hell not going to. Gathering loot for an entirely different section than you is insane. Thanks for saving me the time and energy of playing with them myself.

• Like 1

A guy that didn't fit in the clan and was asked to leave vs 80+ happy players and 6 squads..

I can make up things all day long and post them on the internet. Believe what you want, we have our own server,website and teamspeak and we don't act like this guy tries to make us look like. I won't get in argument with him, but its just rubbish.

Clan Leader Tod

Worth the read, I was considering applying, but after reading that I'm sure as hell not going to. Gathering loot for an entirely different section than you is insane. Thanks for saving me the time and energy of playing with them myself.

Edited by Todwarter

Elysium is a joke.

Kodabar is absolutely correct.

I have never been affiliated with Elysium or ever will be after the Forcey Fun Time Adventure my group of 5 put on them last night. It was an absolute disgrace to any sort of organization or proper tactics.

I am not ashamed to say that our group, FFTA, is an avid bandit group and most of the time just kill to kill because it is fun. Deal with it.

We do everything legit. We never log during firefights and spend a lot of time near Cherno grabbing what we can so that we can murder players.

With that said we had 3 people(Hannah,Fryzam, Larry) on top of the refinery in Cherno, they had scoped rifles, A CZ550, DMR and AS50 that we got of off server hoppers. Myself(Prime) and BrockSamson were on the ground raiding and following any leads our eyes on the tower could see. As Brock and I hit the fire station we find an M4 CCO and an AK-Kobra.

At that moment, our snipers begin to take shots, and Larry dies. We hear it north of us and they confirm that it is coming from the woods west of Cherno. Brock and I head out as soon as we got confirmation. Sweeping through the woods we eventually come upon the sniper. Needless to say, he was ended promptly. (Name withheld, wouldn't want you to get kicked from Elysium) Looted and he had an M-107 and M4 CCO SD. I take the M4.

After this seemingly brief and intense encounter, we thought nothing of it. Larry respawns close and heads to us so he can grab a gun. When he gets to the woods west of Cherno he comes under fire, gets hit, out maneuvers his attacker and finds Brock. Brock heals him up while I watch where he came from. Larry grabs the original M4 CCO and one mag from me and we head to take revenge from whoever shot us.

Larry runs the treeline, I go down the hill, Brock goes high. Larry engages and trades deaths with another member of Elysium. Brock and I put the tried and true pincer to work. From the South I murder another member( headshot, not a big deal) who was looking at Larry. From the North, Brock runs up on a member in a ghillie suit and puts 3 M-107 rounds in him.

In conclusion, thanks Elysium for the coyote backpacks x2, the NVGs x2, the M-107s x3 and a lot of other high end gear. We couldn't have done it with out your embarrassing teamwork and blatant disregard for your surroundings. Cheers.

Come one, Come all, Forcey Fun Time Adventures!

Edited by LucianPrime

That would be a lie there, Todwarter. You didn't know any of this and I was never asked to leave - in fact I haven't heard from any of you since then. This was news to you when read it and I hadn't been banned from your group prior to my post. You don't have an email or a message showing that I was asked to leave because it doesn't exist. There has never been any kind of message sent to me for any reason. Go on, Tod, show a screenshot of the message asking me to leave. Or show a screenshot of when you finally banned me from the group (I presume I have been) and we'll see if it's got a date earlier than my post or not. You don't have any of these things, Tod, because your version of events is untrue.

200,000+ DayZ players have used my installation guide or my playing guides so far. I've personally helped many of them get the game working via Teamviewer. I answer every question that anyone leaves in the comments - and that's a lot of comments. They all know me to be a fair and honest chap. I've never disconnected from a fight. I don't server-hop. I don't kill beginners. Every player I've ever encountered has had fair treatment at my hands... apart from one guy I shot when I didn't realise he was unarmed and he led a group of zombies right at me. I still feel bad about that. My fair play is well-known.

Todwarter was one of the guys on the "mission" that I detailed above. He was one of the arses running around shooting at other group members whilst making racist and homophobic comments the whole time. I record my DayZ adventures, including Operation Pillar, plus I was also on another Teamspeak server the whole time and thus in constant contact with another player who witnessed the whole thing, albeit second-hand.

Tod says he "can make up things all day long and post them on the internet" and he just has.

• Like 1

Who are these trolls? I've been in Elysium for a while and none of us have had any issues with anyone in the clan or outside of the clan. We all enjoy playing together. Sure, we have a few really bad vehicle drivers who love crashing vehicles (and have had their "license" revoked) but outside of that... let's see.. yeap, no issues.

Seriously, go troll elsewhere. And if you want to write a novel, do it where someone cares. I'm not reading a wall of text.

I'm on more than anyone in this clan. I play far too much. If anything goes down, I'm the one that knows about it. And nothing has gone down. Nor do I know who these complainers are. Meaning any problems they speak of never existed/happened.

Edited by marik

I don't see the point in arguing with any of you people, I understand you people hate us and alot of people like us. Right now seeing that you people don't like us means we are doing something right, bandits are supposed to be hated and we are hated. So you all can hate us or like us, I don't care. I am not going to mess with a bunch of kids who are crying and whining because of your own reasons. If you would please share your tears somewhere else.

One of them picked up on the fact that I am Scottish and so I got to hear piss-poor Sean Connery impressions for the rest of the night. Oh well.

post-5860-0-95489100-1342646211_thumb.pn

Do you guys have some kind of I.D. on your names?

In case i see you on servers is there anyway to identify who to avoid?

Can anyone join?

Killing for fun?

Have you got any U.K based groups?

Ever Thought you were taking the R.P a bit far?

Any of you over the age of 12, ruining other players games?

Does anyone actually use your chat on your web site?

Smile and don't take things so serious!!

:P

The majority of the clan is 20 or over and we have squads that like to do different stuff Such as charlie that searchs for cars and heli crashes.

SgtSlay was one of the guys I played with that night. He happily took part in shooting at his teammates and arsing around. I can't remember without looking at the video if he was the one who threatened me over my ghillie suit, but I think it was him. I have some nice video and pictures of SgtSlay with several road flares sticking out of him - thrown their by his comrades during the ducking around that officially never happened.

Marik, I don't know. I've never seen or talked to him. But after the incident whereby the other chap that I knew in the clan had his gear taken by other clan members was resolved when Marik interceded. I have copies of all the messages that Marik sent saying that he didn't want to lose that member over the incident. So I believe Marik to be a decent and honourable chap. That he now says the incident never occurred I attribute only to the number of such with which he's had to deal.

It's interesting that their story keeps changing.

First Aelus says: "We are not bandits"

Then SgtSlay says: "bandits are supposed to be hated and we are hated"

Elysium are indeed a bandit clan. They attempt to kill everyone they see in order to steal from them. I don't like that playing method, but there's nothing wrong with it - I just don't see why they're not upfront about it.

I don't hate Elysium. They're just a bunch of people with whom I'm not going to play. There was one other decent chap in the group I played with that night and he was Irish. It was just all the Americans in the group that I found objectionable. If Todwarter wants to pretend none of this happened, that's up to him. I know what happened and I documented it at the time. He didn't, and can't, prove a thing he says.

post-5860-0-95489100-1342646211_thumb.pn

I remember when the Irish or Scottish fellow was on the TS on one particular day. To clear things up this is the account that I recall. Basically, Tod was joking around with him and I at the time assumed he was new (like me) and wasn't accustomed to the joking and friendly poking that goes on in the clan. He didn't laugh back or respond with disdain. He just didn't seem to like the joking around and kind of muttered in response.

We all laugh at each other and give each other crap for the mistakes we've made. Some of us can't drive for shit for example and go through vehicles like I go through fruit rollups (those damn things are amazing). At times I think clan members humor is a bit retarded, but I just don't laugh and say nothing. Other times I think these guys are hilarious. Regardless, we have fun. We laugh. We joke. We goof off. We do Ops as friends and mess around. Other times we go into Ops seriously and maintain mic silence. We're here to have fun like everyone else.

Honestly, I think the guy from what I can tell just took Sean Connery jokes too seriously. After that I don't recall him ever playing with us or being on the TS. That I can remember. People shouldn't get pissed off because of one joke that may or may not have been funny.

As for members, a lot of us work pretty hard in this game. I for one spend 12 hours a day looting helicopters, scowering the wilderness for vehicles and camps. Along with Salgor as we lead Charlie Squad (Supply). It's what we enjoy doing in the game. Others have squads for combat (sniper squads, assault squads, etc). Some of us take things more seriously, others love to joke around and goof off. Everyone is different.

But regardless, there are no douche bags in this clan, that I'm aware of. There will always be people that steal stuff, spies and what not and people that jack others stuff. If they get caught, they'll be removed. The clan doesn't screw around when it comes to being a douche bag: stealing, ghosting, combat logging, griefing, etc.

Edited by marik

No, Marik, you don't remember that. You weren't there. You weren't playing with that group and you were on a separate Mumble channel. Twice during that session you joined the Mumble channel for a couple of minutes. I didn't speak to you and you didn't speak to me. As I've already said, there was an Irish chap on with us and you might be mistaking him for me. You've never heard my voice.

But then it's funny how quickly you've gone from 'I don't remember; it never happened' to 'I remember everything'. Why don't you go and ask Xcerpt, a current clan member, what happened - he was there and he was the chap who had his equipment stolen later that night in another incident you say didn't happen, even though you were the one who had to sort it out.

The racism of which I speak wasn't the Sean Connery impressions - those were just tiresome 'frat-boy' humour - no, it was the constant use of racial epithets of a kind that are particularly frowned upon these days. And that's not to mention the constant calling each other "gay" and "fag". Joking and friendly poking it may be, but it's of a kind that you could not repeat in the real world. That was what led me to think little of your clan-mates.

Good luck catching the thieves and spies. I walked off with an entire truckload of supplies right in front of your clan head and he didn't even realise it was gone until I said so here. I still have that stuff.

Kodabar,

The most important thing to me is that the guys in Elysium Corps are having fun and completing operations. You don't have to like us as you obviously don't, and you can keep on trolling in a threat I am cool with that because it bumps are thread. The members of the clan are having fun, we have our own teen speak, website and server. We have members from all over the world including Latin America, UK and EU so I am quite content with our progress as a clan. Yes we have immature people not all of our members are always mature the average age is over 20 we only have a few young members but they contribute a lot the clan.

I apologize that you had a bad experience with Elysium Corps in the past, a lot has changed since my establishment as leader of the clan. I wish you the best of luck in dayz and your other ventures.

God speed,

Tod

No, Marik, you don't remember that. You weren't there. You weren't playing with that group and you were on a separate Mumble channel. Twice during that session you joined the Mumble channel for a couple of minutes. I didn't speak to you and you didn't speak to me. As I've already said, there was an Irish chap on with us and you might be mistaking him for me. You've never heard my voice.

But then it's funny how quickly you've gone from 'I don't remember; it never happened' to 'I remember everything'. Why don't you go and ask Xcerpt, a current clan member, what happened - he was there and he was the chap who had his equipment stolen later that night in another incident you say didn't happen, even though you were the one who had to sort it out.

The racism of which I speak wasn't the Sean Connery impressions - those were just tiresome 'frat-boy' humour - no, it was the constant use of racial epithets of a kind that are particularly frowned upon these days. And that's not to mention the constant calling each other "gay" and "fag". Joking and friendly poking it may be, but it's of a kind that you could not repeat in the real world. That was what led me to think little of your clan-mates.

Good luck catching the thieves and spies. I walked off with an entire truckload of supplies right in front of your clan head and he didn't even realise it was gone until I said so here. I still have that stuff.

I was there. During the conversation, I wasn't saying much. An eyebrow was just kind of raised the whole time. Sean Connery impressions were thrown around here and there and you accused Sean Connery of basically being someone you hated. I just don't understand the issue here. As far as I can tell, you don't like Elysium, because someone mentioned Sean Connery, imitated him, etc and you hate Sean Connery because he beats his wife or whatever the issue is there. That's the picture I'm getting, as it is what I was around to witness first hand. If something else went down other than that day, I don't recall or wasn't there.

I do not recall any racism, nor can I recall any in the time I've been in Teamspeak (which is far too often -- got laid off from my job and have had trouble finding another). I know Irish and Scottish people seem to hate each other or whatever and assuming Sean Connery is the opposite of where your from, then maybe that's why you hate him. Who knows. I'm not very informed on the reasons for the hatred between Irish/Scottish. If someone was being blatantly racist, I'd have issue with it, not just on the grounds that racism isn't cool, but I have issue with blatant immaturity. Then again, Irish and Scottish is not a race.

So, I don't know man. I'm lost as to knowing the real issue here. Disagreements happen. Doesn't make everyone in the clan bad. As far as Tod, he's been pretty helpful about striking down anything "not cool" quite quickly when I've let him know about it.

Edited by marik

I know Irish and Scottish people seem to hate each other or whatever

I was under the impression that the Irish and the Scottish both just hated the English.

From what I gather it was liberal use of the 'N' word and other such language that really put Kodabar off you guys. It's not the 50's any more and that language has no place in modern day society.

I also like how you guys think you have a 'rep' as a bandit group. Care to share the story where 5 of you got wiped by one guy with an AS50 whilst you were hunting newly spawned people by Cherno at all? I look forward to that account ;-)

hatersgonnacat.jpg?1318992465

I don't see why you guys continue to argue about the same point after someone have said to you. This is a game, not real life. We all have fun and if you have a problem, just keep it to yourself cause it seems you're going to get the same answer over and over again.

And I'm scottish as well. So what if they make a silly impression or make jokes? It's a game who really gives a fuck.

Edited by Mrocks

There was never use of the N word in my clan, that is instant grounds for getting kicked out of the clan.

From what I gather it was liberal use of the 'N' word and other such language that really put Kodabar off you guys. It's not the 50's any more and that language has no place in modern day society.

I also like how you guys think you have a 'rep' as a bandit group. Care to share the story where 5 of you got wiped by one guy with an AS50 whilst you were hunting newly spawned people by Cherno at all? I look forward to that account ;-)

I would really like to join a clan that is well established but i hate people from the bottom of my heart that goes back to south to kill fresh spawns under any excuse since we have everything we could possibly need up north. Besides, i'm secretly wishing that people who has nice clans and such would collide against each other up north and i would be there hopefully on one them or even just watching from the sides. But that is not what i came here to tell

Can of Be... SARDINES for being able to make bigger ops! :)

• Like 1

I would really like to join a clan that is well established but i hate people from the bottom of my heart that goes back to south to kill fresh spawns under any excuse since we have everything we could possibly need up north. Besides, i'm secretly wishing that people who has nice clans and such would collide against each other up north and i would be there hopefully on one them or even just watching from the sides. But that is not what i came here to tell

Can of Be... SARDINES for being able to make bigger ops! :)

We have just went to the coast when we got bored, we don't get much action up North, which we would like. But hey, not everything is going to go the way you want it :D