Sign in to follow this  
Gauche

Gunfights

Anyone been in an actual gunfight? I've been playing almost since the beginning and had my first one yesterday. We both probably emptied two or three rifle mags at each other. We both lived as far as I know. If was in the woods so after taking cover we lost sight of each other. I know I hit him though. It was lots of fun, I'm just curious how rare gunfights are though since my experience so far has been mostly one guy getting the jump on another. Anyone got any OK Corral type stories?

• Like 1

Actual firefights are much less common than being sniped/shot without warning. Gunfights are very fun, but more often you'll find yourself getting shot without knowing what hit you and shooting others before they can retaliate (If you're that kind of player).

It's not that hard to see why, considering how easy it is to hit a guy when he's not looking in this game.

I don't get into many gunfights. Theres not much point since most people I run into are hacking.

TL;DR.

I was in a gunfight with three other players near Black Lake a few weeks ago.

I was driving my ATV down there and hopped out to look for the UAZ that supposedly spawns there.

Suddenly, I hear the crack of an M107 go right past my head. I immediately went prone and rolled behind a tree.

I sprinted towards my ATV and get on it, speeding away. They begin unloading an M107, M4A3 CCO and an M249 SAW in my direction. The M4 guy hits me and I start bleeding; moments later the ATV flips [i eject straight away] and flips into Black Lake.

I take cover behind one of the rocks and bandage myself up, then eat some cooked meat to restore health.

I was outgunned. All I had was an SVD Camo and an M4A1 CCO SD.

But, I had some satchel charges. I place one down near my position. I then fire a few shots in their general direction, and then move away.

Luckily, as I had expected, the M249 SAW guy try to rush me...let's just say his remains where in the lake after I touched off the bomb. ;]

One down, two to go. I have three RGO Grenades and five smoke grenades [which spawn in the UAZ]. What to do with them, I wondered.

In a few seconds I came up with an idea. My only chance of survival and their elimination was to flank. I throw all five smoke grenades to the right [where I want to go] and then two RGO grenades in that direction, so the explosion would put them off and they'd run around, away from there.

With the smoke as my cover, I sprint.

[basically, picture a cat and mouse chase around Black Lake].

I have the element of surprise, so it was my time to strike.

I see one player [which I later found out his name was 'eXiLe!'] and I quickly switch to my SVD Camo. 351 metres; an easy shot. I take him out without a sweat. Headshot, hell yeah.

But then there's the M4A3 CCO guy. His guy is superior to mine, damage wise, considering mine is silenced.

Only problem is, I can't find him.

So I make a stupid but rewarding decision; I decide to run through the trees, away.

Unknown to me, I run RIGHT past him. He turns around and starts spraying bullets into my direction. Some hit trees, but one hit my leg and broke it. I was't bleeding, thankfully [not sure how, but why question such a fortunate event?].

I'm out of ammo for my CCO SD, and I'm too close to the hostile to use my SVD.

My only option is the G17. I knew that, if I did not get headshots, he would eradicate me with such ease.

My legs are broke, so all I can do is roll. We know exactly where each of us are.

Because it was a 1st person only server, we couldn't third person it around the trees, thus we were forced to use prior knowledge.

"Fuck it," I say.

I roll out to the right, aim towards where his head would be and fire.

Jackson was killed

So that is pretty much it. I took down three other players in an intense battle. B)

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 5

That's what I figured. Thanks for input. Its funny, as long as I've been playing I've never run into anyone hacking (or at least I didn't know it) and I've never seen these "ammo boxes" or other crazy stuff I've heard about. I don't think I've ever had a situation where someone disconnected on me. Guess I'm just lucky?

The only fair fight I've ever been in is when a friend and I ambushed a UAZ. Killed the passenger, but zombies came after me, I lost the driver. Then began the game of hide and seek. Once my friend arrived to back me up, we cleared the entire area, 4 kills for me, 2 for my friend.

The only fire we took was from a guy who shot at me when I was losing zombies after my first shot.

Not exactly a firefight, but all my other engagements are usually me sniping someone, or someone sniping me.

Very few actually. Like Xucphra said, it's much more common that you'll get sniped and die before you know what's happened. Most players don't seem to like getting into gunfights since there's a risk they might not survive, they'd rather just wait for a player to turn his back/start looting something and then shoot.

I was in a rather exciting firefight in Elektro once though. Two friends and I were running through the city at night. I had a PDW and Double-Barrelled Shotgun, my friends both had AKMs. We were being sniped at by someone on a rooftop whilst a group of other players were taking cover in the grocery store, opening fire at us if we got close. It was pretty exciting, especially since it was really dark. Flares and chemlights were being thrown everywhere, gunshots every second. We managed to avoid the sniper fire by staying away from the flares so he couldn't see us. Then we ditched smoke grenades in the entrance of the grocery store and stormed in. We took them out, although one of my friends died and I lost a ton of blood. It was still one of the most fun moments I've had in game yet.