So I have probably spent and hour and a half trying to fix this bus I found. I already fixed the body, windshield, fuel, and it has 2 wheels. I only need 2 wheels. I went back to check on it and saw some guy sneaking around the bus. I freaked the fuck out. Instead of just running at him and blazing him with my Kobra (what I should have done....), I hid in the grass looking at him. He started running towards my direction (still unaware of me). My heart was beating fast like crazy and I shot at him. He ran around a house. I was about to die of fear. I'm not good in firefights. I start sneaking ariund and I see him running straight towards me. I get so scared I turn off my PC. I have never done that before.... I was so fucking scared. I spemt so long getting my equipment, fixing the bus, and even running to that town (way up north). I wasnt going to take my chance in dying. I know im a pussy but that's not what concerns me. I had to get off anyways because my brother needed to get on, so I probably wont be able to get on until tomorrow at noon. I HOPE ITS NOT GONE! Be needs 2 wheels, and I already like checked the whole town.. If someone fixes the car and leaves next time im gone.....i'm gonna punch myself so hard in the nuts.

Told you it would take alot of work fixing it up????????

"Ya there is loads if your on your own, then dont forget about the fuel jerrycan = 20Ltr". Best of luck...

So I have probably spent and hour and a half trying to fix this bus I found. I already fixed the body' date=' windshield, fuel, and it has 2 wheels. I only need 2 wheels. I went back to check on it and saw some guy sneaking around the bus. I freaked the fuck out. Instead of just running at him and blazing him with my Kobra (what I should have done....), I hid in the grass looking at him. He started running towards my direction (still unaware of me). My heart was beating fast like crazy and I shot at him. He ran around a house. I was about to die of fear. I'm not good in firefights. I start sneaking ariund and I see him running straight towards me. I get so scared I turn off my PC. I have never done that before.... I was so fucking scared. I spemt so long getting my equipment, fixing the bus, and even running to that town (way up north). I wasnt going to take my chance in dying. I know im a pussy but that's not what concerns me. I had to get off anyways because my brother needed to get on, so I probably wont be able to get on until tomorrow at noon. I HOPE ITS NOT GONE! Be needs 2 wheels, and I already like checked the whole town.. If someone fixes the car and leaves next time im gone.....i'm gonna punch myself so hard in the nuts.

[/quote']

DC'ers are the worst kind of scum. If you have to resort to frivolous tactics in order to survive, this isn't the game for you.

@Redz

He said he had to get off his brother needed to get on???????

Why all the hate, calling him scum. So that means every player that D/C has to clear it with you first?? And give you the reason. The lad said he shit himself and all you do is "Bitch".....

I dont like it "Its cheating" just like farming loot and server hopping,

but thats just the way the mod is at the moment move on...:huh:

Honestly I get what the op was going through. No other game can get your heart rate up like this one.. That said I've never disconnected even when I'm pretty sure I will die. More because it just never occurs to me to log out;I'm too caught in the moment. Up until recently my main strategy was to run away and hide like a pansy at any sign of trouble. It's served me well enough but lately I've been standing my ground more and it's ever so satisfying coming out on the winning side of an altercation. Especially if it's one I didn't start.

I try not to murder in cold blood so to speak but there have been a couple of times someone was in my way and rather than risk trouble coming back to find me, I took them out. I usually feel pretty bad about it later. But those of us who know what it's like to decide to be helpful/trusting and then be rewarded with betrayal understand the dayz dynamic.

Overall my play style is really just live and let live if I can. I also sometimes impulsivelly do things like snipe zombies who were chasing another survivor.. I feel like people who hang around the coast with good gear and hunt the noobs are a sad bunch. They're free to do it of course.. It makes the game what it is. But sniping a player who just spawned in with a makarov requires absolutely no skill and bragging about it is beyond idiotic. Just my 2 cents.

So I have probably spent and hour and a half trying to fix this bus I found. I already fixed the body' date=' windshield, fuel, and it has 2 wheels. I only need 2 wheels. I went back to check on it and saw some guy sneaking around the bus. I freaked the fuck out. Instead of just running at him and blazing him with my Kobra (what I should have done....), I hid in the grass looking at him. He started running towards my direction (still unaware of me). My heart was beating fast like crazy and I shot at him. He ran around a house. I was about to die of fear. I'm not good in firefights. I start sneaking ariund and I see him running straight towards me. I get so scared I turn off my PC. I have never done that before.... I was so fucking scared. I spemt so long getting my equipment, fixing the bus, and even running to that town (way up north). I wasnt going to take my chance in dying. I know im a pussy but that's not what concerns me. I had to get off anyways because my brother needed to get on, so I probably wont be able to get on until tomorrow at noon. I HOPE ITS NOT GONE! Be needs 2 wheels, and I already like checked the whole town.. If someone fixes the car and leaves next time im gone.....i'm gonna punch myself so hard in the nuts.

[/quote']

DC'ers are the worst kind of scum. If you have to resort to frivolous tactics in order to survive, this isn't the game for you.

that was my first time ever disconnecting in danger. Does that really give me the title of one? I know it's cheap and I regret doing it (remember I said I wish I just ran and shot him?). It literally happend in like a half of a second. I just reacted so fast I just pressed the off button.

I actually went back andlooked around. No one was there ;)

Oh, and everyone threatening to take my bus...... I will hunt you down... Even if u do find the server and location.

Was it the one sitting in front of a church in Elektro? I saw that one and noticed an engine and two wheels missing.

Obviously you don't have to tell me. I won't be going for it though so have fun with it if you get it fixed. :P

Turning off your whole computer to disconnect is marginally retarded, just saiyan

@Redz

He said he had to get off his brother needed to get on???????

Why all the hate' date=' calling him scum. So that means every player that D/C has to clear it with you first?? And give you the reason. The lad said he shit himself and all you do is "Bitch".....

I dont like it "Its cheating" just like farming loot and server hopping,

but thats just the way the mod is at the moment move on...:huh:

[/quote']

After the fact, he justified it because his brother wanted on. That wasn't the reason why he disconnected though. If there wasn't another player, do you think he would have logged off at that specific moment in time?

So yes, he is scum in my book. Disconnecting isn't an acceptable metagaming strategy. Rocket has said that this is something he is working on getting rid of.

I would love to see you play EVE Online.

Oh god. I might pay money to see this haha.

Don't hate people. This game makes people slide to the edge of their chair not knowing what's going to happen next. The person i killed in defense got my heart pumping. I wouldn't take my time on a bus because I know some guy would steal it anyways.

[/quote']

Well ya... when someone is all up in your goods like that ... give a fast warning and if they don't take it kindly then kill them.

Honestly I get what the op was going through. No other game can get your heart rate up like this one.. That said I've never disconnected even when I'm pretty sure I will die. More because it just never occurs to me to log out;I'm too caught in the moment. Up until recently my main strategy was to run away and hide like a pansy at any sign of trouble. It's served me well enough but lately I've been standing my ground more and it's ever so satisfying coming out on the winning side of an altercation. Especially if it's one I didn't start.

I try not to murder in cold blood so to speak but there have been a couple of times someone was in my way and rather than risk trouble coming back to find me' date=' I took them out. I usually feel pretty bad about it later. But those of us who know what it's like to decide to be helpful/trusting and then be rewarded with betrayal understand the dayz dynamic.

Overall my play style is really just live and let live if I can. I also sometimes impulsivelly do things like snipe zombies who were chasing another survivor.. I feel like people who hang around the coast with good gear and hunt the noobs are a sad bunch. They're free to do it of course.. It makes the game what it is. But sniping a player who just spawned in with a makarov requires absolutely no skill and bragging about it is beyond idiotic. Just my 2 cents.

[/quote']

If only everyone was like you... every time I run from zombies the other players shoot me and break my leg(s) and then the zombies get to me if the other player hasn't already killed me with another few shots.

...I see him running straight towards me. I get so scared I turn off my PC.

...and at this point all 'pity' for your situation has been rendered void.

You deserve to lose the bus - and from the tone of your thread I think you know it too. Better luck protecting your next vehicle.

...I see him running straight towards me. I get so scared I turn off my PC.

...and at this point all 'pity' for your situation has been rendered void.

You deserve to lose the bus - and from the tone of your thread I think you know it too. Better luck protecting your next vehicle.

Good thing I was never looking for pity.. Don't worry though, next person that steps near my bus is a dead dude. Not gonna pussy out, not gonna have second thoughts, its just gonna be my bullets in his head

Not gonna pussy out' date=' not gonna have second thoughts, its just gonna be my bullets in his head

[/quote']

That's more like it kiddo! :D

So I have probably spent and hour and a half trying to fix this bus I found. I already fixed the body' date=' windshield, fuel, and it has 2 wheels. I only need 2 wheels.... [snip'] I spemt so long getting my equipment, fixing the bus, and even running to that town (way up north).... [snip]

Good thing I was never looking for pity...

Really? 'Cause the sob story above proves otherwise.

Hopefully the walk teaches you not to dc'exploit.

Really? 'Cause the sob story above proves otherwise.

Hopefully the walk teaches you not to dc'exploit.

Not a part of this nor a DC Exploiter but my 2 Cents below.

Shut up.

Honestly I get what the op was going through. No other game can get your heart rate up like this one..

EvE Online, nuff said :P (Heart pumps every time in PvP, even if you have been in a gazzillion fights)

Then again you usually have a some "ISK"/more ships to fall back to if you get popped.

And oh you can't DC and hope to live (agression timers :P)

Well, none of all this matters anymore. Someone took the bus last night when I was off.

My nuts really hurt.

Honestly I get what the op was going through. No other game can get your heart rate up like this one..

EvE Online' date=' nuff said :P (Heart pumps every time in PvP, even if you have been in a gazzillion fights)

Then again you usually have a some "ISK"/more ships to fall back to if you get popped.

And oh you can't DC and hope to live (agression timers :P)

[/quote']

you know i was a long time eve online player and for a while i was a pretty big carebear. but amazingly i somehow hooked up with a zero-sec merc corp (rage of angels in case anyone remembers) and found myself in the thick of 0.0 pvp. I wasn't super hardcore about it but I was in my share of fleet battles, and yes dayz and eve online have a lot in common. what's funny is that pvp in any other mmo feels laughable after eve online. tried to get into the old republic and it wasn't terrible.. but pvp was a joke and it always amused me when people talked about how hardcore they were on there lol.