omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Slender Man

On one condition:

He's only around Green Mountain.

Would give people an even better reason to avoid that place like the plague. Would still operate the same way, just only in the forest surrounding the tower. You would still be able to run out of the forest, turn around, and see him...watching you run...

Basically he spawns when you enter the forest around the tower, despawns when you leave.

But should it kill you? Or should it just knock you out/teleport you? Discuss.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 4

Slender Man should stay over at reddit in my ever so humble opinion. I don't think supernatural beings belong in DayZ.

• Like 9

Slender Man should stay over at reddit in my ever so humble opinion. I don't think supernatural beings belong in DayZ.

I agree with you. DayZ should stick to zombies/the infected not creepy tenticle rapists Edited by 7th-November
  • Like 1

Guess so. Just thought it'd add to the creepiness of Green Mountain.

Wanna make it more creepy, at halucinations. Add muted infected. Add infected animal, or simply infected kids, and that is going to make me ALT+f4 game and jump out of balcony. That is how people hate little kids in horrors.

• Like 1

Green Mountain should:

1. Spawn nothing if you are with a group or in the daytime

2. Spawn treasure troves of loot if you are alone and at night

3. Should also spawn Slender if condition #2 applies

4. Slender can kill you!

I agree. Next, people will be asking to put Herobrine in DayZ. Zombies are the only mythical creatures I want to see in this game. No silly monsters or bogeymen.

• Like 1

http://dayzmod.com/f...s-always-scary/

I don't think Slenderman would fit. Problem is he isn't good for a FPS. He would be rather cheap. *runs into forest* *turns around* *dead* They should have some type of wood zombie that is very rare but hunts you down.

Just giving my opinion.

Edited by harley001

If anything it should only make you think he's there, maybe you saw a shadow... maybe it wasn't just a shadow. A little like a stalking easter egg. Beyond that it'd be stupid.

Edited by James Ashwood

I do like the idea for some odd reason but like the other chap(s) stated i dont think it really belongs but hey it would still be cool

How many times a week do I see this suggestion? There are other, more fitting things that can be added to DayZ to make it creepier.

If anything there should be a rare special infected zombie on the server. Not necessarily that unrealistic boss like resident evil zombie, but something out of the ordinary. Something that has you fearing for your life yet you're unsure what you're even running from because you're afraid you'll die if you even try to get a good look at it. Whether it's deep within the woods that you have a rare chance to encounter or only comes out at night we should not know what it is. It should be much deadlier than your average zombie and it could maybe be changed periodically by rocket and the designers. It wouldn't take much work to put out new patches every couple of weeks or so with a new looking special infected. Even mistakenly running into a mob of zombies you arent expecting would scare you.

I don't know about you but as much as I want to survive in the game, I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few friends in the middle of the night and trying to find this new special infected they put in. Go on a little hunting trip not knowing exactly what you're looking for but knowing it's out there and putting your life on the line. And getting that "oh shit feeling what is that" when you see it. And if its the middle of the night and you can hardly even see it. even better.

• Like 1

Do I want to take something fairly scary and replace it with something not scary? Yea that sounds like a good idea.

Add infected children. Infected animals like monkeys (ultra fast shit). OR add uber wood zombie which will do a Predator Hunt on you.

lol slenderman would scare the bazeebies out of me here have some beans

I like the idea of a random "zombie", but as long as it still makes sense in the zombie universe. You see these videos of people going into the woods at night and getting insta killed by something with glowing eyes. I LOVE IT. I feel like it would give you that fear that you don't find in this game. I don't want it to instakill people and it should be able to die, but just to get that next level of fear would be awesome. This game needs more sound effects from zombies when you are in the woods at night. Night time needs to overall be scarier.