Statik (DayZ)

Opinions on releasing DayZ on console?

Almost every game that I own is better on console than on PC, I'm guessing it would be the same for DayZ. Here's hoping for a 360 release :D

Almost every game that I own is better on console than on PC, I'm guessing it would be the same for DayZ. Here's hoping for a 360 release :D

Very true

Smaller maps are better

Lower resolution textures are better

Lower screen resolutions are better

Capped FPS is better

Lower maximum player counts are better

It's better when the game costs more

Limited controls are better

No dedicated servers is better

Laggy P2P is better

No Vsync is better

Being thrown onto laggy servers by Matchmaking is better

Being dropped on your head by the doctor instead of being layed gently in a crib is better.

Edited by jblackrupert
  • Like 3

You best be trolling. @op Please no, it can only mean bad things for the pc version I think. Time working on a console version means less time finishing or making better the real thing. I'd pay double price for the game if it ment it would never see the consoles, that may sound douchie but I really don't want to see it ruining this game. Edited by DubPlate

Who gives a shit? I'll play on PC but this way people can play on Consoles this shouldn't be a problem with people and shouldn't be worth discussing. Y'know, since it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

Who gives a shit? I'll play on PC but this way people can play on Consoles this shouldn't be a problem with people and shouldn't be worth discussing. Y'know, since it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

Ya it does effect us.

EVERY SINGLE GAME that started as a PC exclusive and was taken cross-platform has lead to the PC suffering.

The DayZ team will be a grand total of 6 people according the latest interviews that discussed the Standlone starting up development

and once console development starts those 6 people will be even more burdened with trying to shoe horn DayZ onto 7 year old hardware

and then the usual consoletards screaming for the game to be dumbed down.... remove this, remove that..... give us killcams, remove prone

snipers should be wearing day-glow Ghillie suits cause it ain't fair their shoot me...waaaa waaa.

Then you'll get the Consolers who own PC's also... [usually crappy, low end systems] Demanding the same crap because they think DayZ on PC is too hard

so they want the dumbed down console experience on PC.

Even if the PC version does not get dumbed down. the fact that the development team limited time and resources will be wasted on consoles still means PC gamers will get screwed over somehow

and that'll probably be delayed or ignored bug fixes and promised features to DayZ taking forever to appear or not at all.

The Battlefield Bady Company 2 and Battlefield 3 forums were FLOODED with consolers and PC/Console owners demanding [And getting] a dumbed down, consolized COD clone.

Oh and everytime a developer has said the PC would be the lead platform lied and only admitted the consoles were the lead platform AFTER they got our money.

Consoles STIFLE game development....... many developers are on record admitting this.

Rocket himself has said it and is embarassed by the games he worked on for a console developer.

Then there's the butt kissing you have to do to MS and Sony to get your games approved.

Edited by jblackrupert

Console games only stifle development if they are built alongside the PC version. It's pretty obvious that they are gonna focus on PC, especially with how the release setup is designed. It'll be like how Minecraft was released on PC and then a version was later on built for the 360. That game didn't suffer from being put on console.

Console games only stifle development if they are built alongside the PC version. It's pretty obvious that they are gonna focus on PC, especially with how the release setup is designed. It'll be like how Minecraft was released on PC and then a version was later on built for the 360. That game didn't suffer from being put on console.

Minecraft is not a good example.

There's nothing to dumb down.... Minecraft is a early 90's style game released in 2011.

Minecraft could probably be ported to a potatoe if he wanted.

Edited by jblackrupert

I'll do it here as well.

I think it is more likely they would hire an outside firm to do this. BI does this for projects even now.

It makes the most sense. Hire someone with experience at something you do not have exp at.

If Rocket were interesting in money vs quality he could of just gone straight to console.

I think it makes more sense to worry about the sun going nova than Day z being messed up by possibly going to console.

:D

I think it makes more sense to worry about the sun going nova than Day z being messed up by possibly going to console.

Don't be so sure about that. DayZ is selling copies of Arma 2 like hotcakes.

It's been in the top 3 selling games on Steam for months.

Then there are the Chernarus paper maps..[$16]...... Arma 2 players have been demanding those for 3 years

and only since DayZ has Bohemia started making available outside of buying Arma X......

Money makes people do things they wouldn't normally do.....

Edited by jblackrupert

If that is not a troll (I'm tired and unsure of this), I'm guessing your PC is beige and still has a floppy disk drive..? Just saying. Wtf? :D

• Like 2

If that is not a troll (I'm tired and unsure of this), I'm guessing your PC is beige and still has a floppy disk drive..? Just saying. Wtf? :D

Personally I think the people using Minecraft as an example is more rediculous.

You can port Minecraft to a potato.

Edited by jblackrupert

Don't be so sure about that. DayZ is selling copies of Arma 2 like hotcakes.

It's been in the top 3 selling games on Steam for months.

Then there are the Chernarus paper maps..[$16]...... Arma 2 players have been demanding those for 3 years

and only since DayZ has Bohemia started making available outside of buying Arma X......

Money makes people do things they wouldn't normally do.....

It does, but you have to take in the companies history as well.

I agree there is always a possibility, but I think we have also seen some solidarity by Rocket sticking with the VR engine and BI.

He could have done things to go more profit, but did not. I think both he and BI have some depth. Or at least I hope so. ;)

NONONONONONONONO.

I love trolling those console kiddies on YouTube who ask, is this on console?

It also attracts more gamers to PC, which we all know is the best platform out there...

I'll do it here as well.

I think it is more likely they would hire an outside firm to do this. BI does this for projects even now.

It makes the most sense. Hire someone with experience at something you do not have exp at.

If Rocket were interesting in money vs quality he could of just gone straight to console.

To be honest though, I really can't think of any good reason to consider porting a highly successful PC game to console other than money. What other reason could there be? As for hiring an outside firm to make a console version, that would make sense but I'd still be worried about successful console based ideas (like acheivements) finding their way onto PC.

He could have done things to go more profit, but did not.

So it demonstrates his stupidity?

So I recently heard that if DayZ Standalone does well enough on PC it could possibly be released to console. What is everyone's opinion on this? If feel that DayZ on console would not work out AT ALL. Console is made up of fast paced first person shooters, I feel like DayZ would not thrive on console like it does on PC. I think that it would be almost like Minecraft on Xbox; when it came out, there was a hype, but not very many people recorded it, and the one on top was still the PC version. What is everyone's opinion on this? And if DayZ Standalone were to be released on console, would you buy it?

People on my friend's list still play Minecraft.. and when it getsd updated.. it'll boom again.. I think Day Z could be a big hit on the console.. but then again.. Consoles are for people who have less time to play games.

Very true

Smaller maps are better

Lower resolution textures are better

Lower screen resolutions are better

Capped FPS is better

Lower maximum player counts are better

It's better when the game costs more

Limited controls are better

No dedicated servers is better

Laggy P2P is better

No Vsync is better

Being thrown onto laggy servers by Matchmaking is better

Being dropped on your head by the doctor instead of being layed gently in a crib is better.

I generally have to deal with less arrogant sarcastic douchebags, a point you are helping prove with your last comment. Makes the game better in my eyes.

The potential of Dayz on console can be seen : http://www.gamespot....atform/xbox360/

Thats PC.....and scripted scenes recorded for AAN videos to promote the Arma 2 single player campaign.

Attempts to port Arma 2 on console were abandoned years ago because the engine has long since outgrown consoles.

I generally have to deal with less arrogant sarcastic douchebags, a point you are helping prove with your last comment. Makes the game better in my eyes.

Well if it help any, I nearly died choking on my coffee laughing at the ridiculousness of your comment.

• Like 1

If any of you remember the Battlefield forums when Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 was being developed and in Beta you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

god yes I hate those people
  • Like 1

Even if the PC version does not get dumbed down. the fact that the development team limited time and resources will be wasted on consoles still means PC gamers will get screwed over somehow

and that'll probably be delayed or ignored bug fixes and promised features to DayZ taking forever to appear or not at all.

I think Bohemia interactive and their wisdom, seeing rocket stressed out they would obviously put another team onto consoles, if day z standalone gets released after the game I was waiting for before day z came out arma 3 they will assign most of their assets from arma 3 into the day z crew,

You pc gamers saying that all Xbox players are all run and gun players.you are wrong there are so many people waiting for a game like this to come out on Xbox for ages and why are you even botherd any way if it gets released on consoles don't you feel happy about more players getting the expereience.

I can't wait for the console version supporters to start crying when the PC version of the game is left for ages in a buggy mess and promised additions never appear because the DayZ development team is too busy trying to shoe horn DayZ onto ancient console hardware [And yes, the next versions will still be ancient by PC standards] and kissing MS and Sony's butt and jumping through their hoops to get approved.

Then theres the inevitable flood of consoltards coming to the forums crying.... Waaaaaaaa it's too hard..... why do i have to walk so far? , why are there no jetpacks........???? ... waaaaaaaa a sniper killed me... remove prone......we need killcams!!!!!!......... waaaaaaaa the bullets kill you to easy....... we need to be bullet sponges....... Waaaaaaaaaaa, which button do I a push to "WIN",.......waaaaaaa......waaaaaaaaa.....etc...e

If any of you remember the Battlefield forums when Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 was being developed and in Beta you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Not all Xbox players are like that you know many of have been waiting for a game like this to be released for a long time.And any way why do you care is they come to the forums just ignor them simple.You are bitching about nothing

DayZ can come to Consoles, however I hope they do NOT come to this current generation, because its on its last legs. MAYBE bring it to the WiiU, as I think it would work well with the touchscreen Gamepad (much like ZombiU utilizes it), but the question remains whether or not it could support 40-50 players, let alone run the game. Developing it for PS3 or 360 at this point would be a waste of time. People would buy it, but I believe the 720 will be out by Christmas 2013, and the PS4 or be out sometime 2nd-3rd Quarter 2014.

AS for Cross-platform, there's no way it could work. PC players would destroy their Console counterparts as it stands right now, even if Console players were given Aim assist. Better performance, higher draw distances, more precision, etc. The PC version would have to be dumbed down significantly to be compatible, and at BEST, would only be compatible with the 360/720.

As for 360-PS3 compatibility, it wouldn't work either. Controllers are too different, and it would be a logistical nightmare to network between the two, if not impossible.

Each console would have to have its own community, and I don't think at this time there's that kind of support from the Console lovers out there to achieve that. Honestly, if it were me I'd push the PC standalone for about a year and hopefully have it hit 2 million players+. I'd then re-evaluate the console market to see if the 720/PS4 are released and current market reception to a DayZ game on them. However, I would keep an eye on the WiiU... yes its not known for its hardcore audience, but they may be receptive to a brand new *revolutionary* experience, as that's what Nintendo strives to achieve.

Whatever happens, I hope Rocket and Co don't pull a DICE and switch primarily to the Console market as their gaming audience, leaving the PC players to dumbed down/secondhand experiences.