Dayzo

how to get geared up in an hour?

In addition to my earlier post, here are a few other things to look for:

Bushy trees - often contain tents

Mountain peaks on the edge of the map (people think they can hide tent cities up there)

Sandbags, barbed wire, and tank traps. People think these are defences, it really just says MY CAMP IS CLOSE.

I recommend UK and LU servers as they tend to be pretty much hack free in my experience. Population is a non-issue when in the wilderness, you're unlikely to run into anyone really.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list - Use this site to see how many players are on a server, and when it had it's last restart (loot respawns on restarts at the moment, so that gives you the best chance of gearing up quick)

Hope this helps!

Damn man, you guys talking about just run through the zombies and just lose 'em like it's the easiest thing in the world, just started playing this today and I can't shake 'em for shit, on about my 5th life already and I've only been playing it for a few hours.

First off, don't stay for three whole hours in Cherno. Once you have the basics, that is a hatchet, possibly a map, a knife, and some mathces, and an ALICE in a store, or the church - then you get the hell out of there. Checking the military tents in Cherno is optional (and kind of risky, so I wouldn't do it).

Then you go to wherever, and you'll be much more safe. In fact already with a Lee Enfield or something slightly worse, you could hit up those first military spawns further north - and the only thing you would really stand to loose, is the 10-15 minutes of work on the Bean Coast, and the 15-30 minute trip getting further north. And there you have it: Fully gearing up within an hour.

Stuff like NVG, GPS, Coyote backpack and Ghillie are things that will still take time to get, though. And you cannot assume you'll get the FN FAL on the first heli chrash you see (if you find one that day).

However, if you don't even know how to loose zeds quickly and effectively in the city, then you should stay on the Bean Coast and train on that until you master it, before venturing anywhere close to more serious players.

First off, don't stay for three whole hours in Cherno. Once you have the basics, that is a hatchet, possibly a map, a knife, and some mathces, and an ALICE in a store, or the church - then you get the hell out of there. Checking the military tents in Cherno is optional (and kind of risky, so I wouldn't do it).

Then you go to wherever, and you'll be much more safe. In fact already with a Lee Enfield or something slightly worse, you could hit up those first military spawns further north - and the only thing you would really stand to loose, is the 10-15 minutes of work on the Bean Coast, and the 15-30 minute trip getting further north. And there you have it: Fully gearing up within an hour.

Stuff like NVG, GPS, Coyote backpack and Ghillie are things that will still take time to get, though. And you cannot assume you'll get the FN FAL on the first heli chrash you see (if you find one that day).

However, if you don't even know how to loose zeds quickly and effectively in the city, then you should stay on the Bean Coast and train on that until you master it, before venturing anywhere close to more serious players.

I can't even stay alive for 2-3 hours let alone explore anything for 2-3 hour. I manage to find a hatchet, hunting knife and stuff during the times I played today but without a gun and ammo you're screwed unless there's some way of using the axe as a weapon that I don't know about...

I can't even stay alive for 2-3 hours let alone explore anything for 2-3 hour. I manage to find a hatchet, hunting knife and stuff during the times I played today but without a gun and ammo you're screwed unless there's some way of using the axe as a weapon that I don't know about...

Alrighty then! Didn't know just how new you were. :) Don't wast ammo on the zeds. Ammo is for other players only (or that one time where you have no choice because you did something really stupid.

Find a hatchet in an industrial building. Go to inventory. Right click the hatchet and equip it. Reload it (don't ask). And you're ready to do kill any zed that comes close to you inside a building. Just crouch, press the button and swing away long before the zed comes close.

Yet, if you know how to loose aggro, then you really don't need the hachet either. In fact, today I forgot to pick it up, when I respawned, and only when I was almost fully geared up, I went "Oh shit!"

Google "loosing zeds" or "How to lose zeds" or something like that. There are plenty of threads on it already in here, for instance.

Break a leg! But remember to have fun first. ;)

• Like 1

Great info man, yeh I'm a PROPER noob at this game, never played ARMA or ARMA II, just bought it today to play this mod, gone from run and gunning with a P90 on CoD to this stuff, hell of a change haha. Now I know you can use the hatchet as a weapon I can see myself surviving quite a bit longer too.

Ive mastered running from zombies but I die to snipers all the time..just lately it seems the cities are deathtraps due to longrange snipers.

I got blasted on the beach just after I spawned the other day,,I dont know how anyone lives long enough to use the nice gear they find lol

Download Lingor Island, 90% of buildings are enterable along with many military forts and bases all compressed into a smaller map.

Yeah, as others have said, don't bother being stealthy when you first spawn. At most crouch run and crouch walk when closer to zeds. I've crouch ran through all of cherno and didn't aggro a single zed.

For losing zeds, they can't run inside so go through a building with two or more doors, or at least one with a lot of space to move (church). If there are none of these around, bank around tight corners, weave in between fences and such, and run through any foliage you see. Basically if you break line of sight with them, they run to the last place they saw you then stop and look for you again. If you can quickly run around the outside of a small building for instance, you'll lose them.

If you are concerned about players, which should really be your primary concern, even on low pops, try your best to find where they are. When looting Cherno/elektro, I like to skim along the treeline to the north and look for any sign of a sniper. If I have a hatchet or a low tier gun and I have the jump on them I'll go for it, but it's mainly for recon. From there I'll scan the town, looking not only for players but for zeds. Zeds don't spawn until a player comes within about 200m of a building, so if there's zeds, there's players. If you can see no zeds and haven't heard any gunfire and such during this recon time, it's safe to move in a loot. Keep close to walls and general cover, never stop moving, and avoid walking on a road. If you do aggro some zeds, do your best to lose them quickly, as a large group of angry zeds running in one direction is a dead giveaway for any sniper. And don't stick around for more than 10-15 minutes, as you should assume that even if you didn't find anyone, there's probably someone tracking you and waiting for the perfect shot. You don't have to use a loot map you if don't want too, but at least know what the high value buildings look like, so you're not wasting time looting log cabins and sheds.

When I get a Cherno spawn, I go in from the North, hit up the apartments and the hospital just on the edge of town. If I get good stuff (backpack, hunting gear, gun, etc.) I leave then and there and hike it up to the Airfield and such. Otherwise, head back into the forest, move west, and go for the firehouse, pub, maybe church, and market on the way out. Takes me no more than 10 minutes after initial recon and and I'm on my merry way.

Edited by HerrJon

I'd have to +1 the Lingor suggestion. It is a bit easier, because you can gear up a lot easier, there is more military loot and the distances between cities are smaller. Losing zombies is also a lot easier because there are more buildings you can run through. This should help you speed up the learning process and shorten the amount of seemingly endless running that beginners might find extremely frustrating on chernarus.

You can also get lucky and run into guys like me on the coast. I frequently drop my entire stuff to a fresh spawn on the coast when I'm geared up and bored and don't really know what to do with the stuff :)

I'm crouching 99% of the time and can loot Cherno in about 20mins, god gave you two legs fella, learn to use them. :P

I never go to cherno or elektro due to low fps... I gear up from finding tents, deer stands and inland towns such as zelengorsk.

well all i do is grab a hatchet (if possible) and then run to the closes military grounds (balota) and raid the military tents not really the hangers and i dont sneak in be i have a hatchet i pull any zombie that wishes 2 die. all u need to do is kill them while there walking in the tents

Your first mistake was going prone, Never go prone unless hiding as you can sprint through elektro/cherno and lose the zombies in 1 building.

I found a few clan spots with tents.

Also, a good thing to do is to go fully to the left of the map (west) and the go up (north) following the edge of the map.

In most servers, if not all, you'll find a great deal of tents there.

I found a few clan spots with tents.

Also, a good thing to do is to go fully to the left of the map (west) and the go up (north) following the edge of the map.

In most servers, if not all, you'll find a great deal of tents there.

Your sig has just made me realise I missed out on looting a whole building yesterday... Barbed wire all at the bottom of this stair case in this building, couldn't get around it so I thought it was just there by design and you can't go up the stairs <_<

On a server with many people : AVOID Cherno and Electro unless you have found a gun in a barn / house on the way to those two.

West of Cherno is the best possible spawn, with Balota, 4 watchtowers there, and 4-8 more (depending on your detours) on the way to Zeleno. I suggest skipping even Balota most of the time, but that one has 93,1% less snipers than Cherno and Ele.

Zeleno has a store, and many bicycle spawns (not that you have a chance of finding one in .5, but back in the day...)

Between Zeleno and Stary there are bucketloads of possible heli crash sites and deer stands. Before you get there, you're loaded.

Edited by Stworca

You can also get lucky and run into guys like me on the coast. I frequently drop my entire stuff to a fresh spawn on the coast when I'm geared up and bored and don't really know what to do with the stuff :)

This just got me killed (nothing unusual) by a guy in a hero skin near Kamyshovo and he called me a "****ing hacker" while shooting :D

I didn't even give him great gear, just an M4 CCO, a Glock and an alice pack with an M16M203.

Now that I think about it, I had a can of mountain dew on me, no wonder things went so bad.

Edited by jurrasstoil

You get geared up fast by killing other players at sniper hills around Electro and Cherno.

First, get any gun you can. Even hatchet may do the work if you're lucky enough. Then outflank the sniper hill and kill the camper. 99.9% of the time he has ass50, NVG, Coyote, Rangefinder and everything in between.

There's no point at all to go North. There's no life outside Cherno, Electro or Balota. If you spawn far away from these cities - just kill yourself. Kamenka has a nice suicide bridge.

lcd4F.jpg

In all other spawn points all you need to do is to get eaten by the zombies.

if you start when the server has been restarted recently it takes really less time to get stuff, or if you kill on sight other players.then the tents are more in the north border of the map or at far west..

I usually avoid heading straight into Cherno and loop around to the NW, between Cherno and Balota. I approach Cherno coming downhill from the woods NW of town. I make my way through the 5 apartment blocks 25m southwest of the NW hospital in Cherno - usually by then I have food, a weapon, and some essentials (backpack, knife, map, military flashlight, binos, matches, etc). I've even found tents in there a coupe of times. Finishing the apartments, I book it across the street to the NW hospital to pick up med supplies, and then I head to the small industrial buildings about 100m northeast of the hospital inside the walled compound. There's usually a fair bit of ammo and more essentials in there. After that, I'm usually set up pretty good.

Then I bug out and head to one of the castles (Rog or Zub) - not too many zombies, usually lots of essentials and ammo, usually not too many people because they're in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes you can find bases set up here.

From there I wander around in the north until an invisible hacker shoots me from across the map, or I'm thunderdomed.

t3 stuff below 30 min go to elektro cherno on a 35 + server flank sniper with a axe get there loot kill the rest or west/estside and you are full equip.

Just run about and collect the stuff you need. No point sneaking when you have nothing. I generally only give a shit when I have a decent gun and NVG. Anything else can be got in an hour or so.

...and yeah, the very best place to get loot is badly hidden camps.

Edited by Astaa
  • Like 1