Dayzo

how to get geared up in an hour?

I play a 'lone-wolf survivor' kind-of game, and I'm onto my third life now (40 hours of play total).

Stealthing through Cherno with my new character just took me three hours. I still aggro'd a dozen zombies

even though I was prone 99% of the time and had to lose some blood hatcheting them. After three hours,

I still don't have 'essentials' like a hunting knife or map. I've still got to go to deer stands and heli sites,

which could take another 3-5 hours. After that, if I'm lucky, I might consider myself 'geared up' to a comfortable

enough level to stop scavenging and think about setting up a camp or setting myself other objects.

I don't understand how many players on the forum say they can gear up with military-quality stuff in under

an hour, start a new character without much effort, and then spend the rest of the time deathmatching.

What techniques are these people are using to gear-up fast? Is it even possible to scavenge as intended and

gear-up in an hour, or are these players really relying on server hopping or using duping tents/camps?

Incidentally, I have never seen a pitched tent. It's annoying to hear players on the forum say there are tents

scattering the coast and sides of the map on nearly every server, when there is no sign of tents anywhere

that I go (and I'm constantly looking for them as I traverse the map). I play on low population European

servers, so maybe most of the tents are on high population and/or US servers?

• Like 1

go to cherno and electro to grab some basic supplies, then run to balota and grab an AR if you are lucky. then go north

Edited by Bonehead3535

You run the gambit through Cherno/Ellektro, hitting up the stores, pubs, churches, and fire stations, the medical tents and when someone trolls into town to kill you wait, watch, and get the drop on em. The other option is to just grab as much supplies as you're willing to carry, run north to Starry and NW, find a server that's been freshly restarted, and look for crash sites. The latter takes more than an hour, but produces good results.

Also note that if you're in a low pop server, raiding the barracks, or anywhere for that matter, you can grab all the crap loot inside, make a huge pile outside, and by the time you're done new stuff should respawn.

Let's say you spawn at Cherno

Hit the supermarket, church and firestation. You'll get food/drink from the supermarket and if you're lucky a backpack or gun, binoculars, bla bla bla. From the church you might get a pack, more food, bandages, ammo. From the firestation you might get ammo, and other stuff that i can't remember, maybe even a primary weapon but we're not counting on that. Next head straight to NWAF hitting all the barns and deerstands on the way. If you know which direction to go in you can get to NWAF in 10-15 minutes from Cherno. NWAF is the best bet for guns and gear because of the barracks, all kinds of shit spawns there. If you're unlucky enough to not get any primary weapon or backpack from the barracks then make do with the winchester/lee enfield you should have collected from cherno or the barns on the way (use it to kill someone and take their shit, like I said, if you didn't get anything from the barracks then you're unlucky and it didn't work out this time). In the earlier patches when you spawned with makarov, bandages, water bottle and beans, I used to run straight to NWAF no matter where I spawned - without the need to go through Cherno for food/drink etc. Try not to die at the airfield.

It really does depend a lot on chance (i.e. where abouts you spawn, how heavy the PVP is on the server at the time etc.)

Generally, if you spawn near Cherno or Elektro, just do a big run through. If it's not an overly populated server, then I often don't panic too much about spawning as I have a "nothing-to-lose" kind of attitude. Although that is really not the best approach to the game.

But just make sure you hit the right buildings. Always hit the grocery store as there's usually at least one weapon in there, as well as a ton of food, drink and a few handy tools that you can use (unless the store's been raided recently). Hit the hospital if you can and stock up on medical supplies.

Churches and fire stations are also good spots for looting, you can often find some decent higher tier loot in fire stations. If you hit Cherno, don't forget to check the medical tents for more medical supplies and weapons.

If you end up in a town far-ish away, just try to hit houses and barns, you can usually find a gun and a few other items pretty quickly. Also, if you spawn near Balota, then it's worthwhile trying to do a quick raid of the air field there.

It's really all about knowing what buildings to hit and having a bit of luck. Sometimes I might play for a good hour or two and only end up with a makarov and a crowbar, other times I've managed to get lucky and find military loot very quickly.

The tents you're looking for are placed by players, so you might just bump into them randomly on the map, depending on where a player's decided to set up camp. You'll sometimes find them randomly in the wilderness, other times they'll be in sniper locations over looking a town/city. I sometimes find that people leave their tents close to grocery stores so they can easily dump gear straight into their tent. Just keep an eye out for them.

• Spawn
  • Run to Cherno/Elektro
  • Sprint carefree through the city, stealth approaches aren't worth the time if you've got nothing to lose.
  • Find a gun, at very least a makarov.
  • Get some food, drinks, medical supplies, hatchet, hunting knife, matches, and a map

At this point, it's probably been about 15-30 minutes since you spawned, depending on how far away from one of the two cities you spawned.

• Go to the NW Airfield - This is maybe a 40 minute to an hour trek.

The only people who can get geared to the teeth in an hour are hackers, hoarders, or lucky.

• Like 3

> Sprint carefree through the city, stealth approaches aren't worth the time if you've got nothing to lose.

So do all you guys mean you literally run through Cherno with fifty zombies chasing you?

Even if you don't have a hatchet yet?

Do any of you go on night servers to gear up?

I try to catch dawn/dusk, but the server always has the time wrong.

> Sprint carefree through the city, stealth approaches aren't worth the time if you've got nothing to lose.

So do all you guys mean you literally run through Cherno with fifty zombies chasing you?

Even if you don't have a hatchet yet?

Do any of you go on night servers to gear up?

I try to catch dawn/dusk, but the server always has the time wrong.

Of course, I never crawl anymore. I'm not a pussy.

Are you saying you're 40 hours in the game, and you're still scared of zombies?

Edited by The manhunter

I always run through Cherno/Elektro full clip with hordes of z's chasing me in full daylight, I want to get in and out as fast as possible the longer you are there the more chance you're going to die.

Not been playing the game long and was ready for giving up intil two guys close to me had a gun fight,one died the other bled out.

The body in the trees had everything,silenced m4,silenced pistol,map,gps,dmr ect ect...I thought it was christmas lol

> Are you saying you're 40 hours in the game, and you're still scared of zombies?

I play alone, so without anyone to apply bloodbags the injuries quickly add-up unless

you have a hatchet, matches and hunting knife to eat cooked meat. And the knife is

really hard to find (or maybe I've just been extremely unlucky).

Nearly all of those 40 hours have been out in the forests, looking for deer stands,

tents, bikes and crash sites, so I'm not sure of city tactics at all. Seems to me like

it would be very difficult not to get injured if you didn't prone through the city!?

Is there a video tutorial of someone running through the city, showing how to lose the

zombies and avoid being injured?

All these responses are nonsense.

• Go to Kamenka and follow the road west, until you reach the very end of the road (it becomes grass eventually).
  • Turn right
  • Go straight along the edge of the tree line for as long as this takes (it won't be long, trust me)
  • Along this line you'll find plenty of tents and vehicles for your perusal, because a lot of people are actually stupid enough to make camp here, they think that there's no reason for anyone to be there as there are no towns.

Seriously, if you want to gear up before you begin to PVP this is how to do it. I've been using this tactic for a while, and generally within an hour I've got everything I need, and we're talking endgame gear.

At the moment my loadout is: Ghillie suit, NVGs, GPS, Rangefinder, Coyote Backpack, M4A1 CCO SD, M9SD, Mk48 Mod 0. All raided from western edge camps.

By all means, run the gauntlet through Cherno or Elektro and get an AKM and a Makarov, but that boy on the hillside with the AS50 will just yuk it up when he schools you from a klick away. If you want to gear up quickly, this is what you need to do.

Edited by ninjaontour
  • Like 3

just run through buildings to loose zombies, plenty of oppertunities to loose them in cities. break round corners to loose line of sight will shake most further away zombies and sprinting full tilt will keep them away from you till you have made it to the door or round the corner.

I've been exactly like you back then. But then i realized that it's not worth to go prone all the time.

Even if you run through the City and aggro around 40 Zombies, Just go in a Building and leave it afterwards so the Zombies lose the Track of you.

Some Zombie Facts i experienced :

1.Even tho you aggro the whole Town, as long as you run Zombies are not able to hit you.

2.Having a buttload of Zombies chasing you ? No Problem.Go in a House and leave quickly.

3.Having a Zombie Problem Outside of the City ? Trees and Hills are your friends. ( walking through Bushes and Trees will keep the zombies away from you )

4.Being a ninja is only good if you already got a good gear and don't want to risk getting yourself killed by a Player or a Zombie.

> Are you saying you're 40 hours in the game, and you're still scared of zombies?

I play alone, so without anyone to apply bloodbags the injuries quickly add-up unless

you have a hatchet, matches and hunting knife to eat cooked meat. And the knife is

really hard to find (or maybe I've just been extremely unlucky).

Nearly all of those 40 hours have been out in the forests, looking for deer stands,

tents, bikes and crash sites, so I'm not sure of city tactics at all. Seems to me like

it would be very difficult not to get injured if you didn't prone through the city!?

Is there a video tutorial of someone running through the city, showing how to lose the

zombies and avoid being injured?

Lol, Ive done nothing else but playing alone. Just run though cherno lol, they wont hit you if you keep running. I cant believe youre just finding this out now.

Seriously, if you get hit by zombies, you're just really bad.

Edited by The manhunter
  • Like 1

> Seriously, if you get hit by zombies, you're just really bad.

Perhaps! I'm certainly not a gamer - I don't play any other games at all.

I got Arma II a couple of months ago, and tried the single player campaign, but it was frustrating as much as enjoyable.

So I tried DayZ for the last month or so, for about 10 hours a week.

Yeah, it could be that I'm just a terrible player!

It might also be because I'm playing at 10-15 fps in the city. It's hard to see where you're running and pointing.

I get 18-24 fps in the country, and find it quite a bit easier by comparison.

I've been extremely careful with my lives so far, trying to maximise survival aspect of the game.

I also don't use external loot maps while playing; I have a look before a session to make a plan, then go by memory.

So maybe when this character is done, I should use the next few lives to run through the cities and practise losing zombies.

Within 3-5 minutes of spawning at Kamenka I can have, L85, AS50 with some NATO rounds, Rangefinder, GPS, NVG, 24 slot Coyote etc... Just need to know where to look for them camps. :)

Edited by terrex

The best thing to do is find a vehicle, I've found an ATV at the same spot on 5 different servers, once you get an atv the NW airfield is only 10 maybe 20 minutes depending on how many times you flip, you could also hit Stary on the way

If you're playing in low pop servers you'll be missing out on finding dead bodies and gunfights with bandits. I usually go cherno > ballota > north and I'll find a dead body or two and potentially end up in a gunfight along the way. Both net me a decent amount of gear, especially once you get up to stary.

Also, I've been seeing tents in the most retarded places lately... Saw one set up literally right in the middle of the military tents at Stary a few days ago, lol.

Just some thoughts...

If you spawn on the eastern part of the coast, you can run north to Berezino in 15 minutes or less. The SW section of the city (it's a little removed from the rest of Berezino proper) has a hospital and TWO supermarkets, all within visual site of eachother (as well as some decent residential spawns). I almost always seem to find a backpack in one of the supermarkets (which will let you fill up on blood, morphine and epi pens at the hospital), and generally also find the majority of necessary survival gear (a knife, matches, compass, binocs, etc.). You will also usually find at least a Makarov and/or a relatively crappy primary, but it should be enough to take care of zombies as needed, until you can score a proper military-grade firearm...

Then, given the general flatness of the terrain, you can run west to Stary or the airfield within 20-30 minutes, easily. You can go about getting a "real" gun, ammo, any other supplies you don't have, killed by a sniper @ the NWAF, etc. etc. etc...

I did this very route just about a day ago, and it was surprisingly quick. I would guess that I was back up north and geared sufficiently for PVP within 90 minutes. The same can likely be said of Cherno/Elektro routes, but they seem to be riskier in my experience.

If I start to the west, I just hit up some tree stands on my way up north to Zelenogorsk - the supermarket there is really easy to get in and out of. Then you can just head to Stary/NWAF to round out the rest of your gear. Again, between 1 and 2 hours and you are likely geared fairly well.

Playing with friends, and/or on low-pop. servers, can make this exponentially easier. You may spawn on the coast alone, but allies can stake out the traditionally dangerous areas up North so that when you get there you can go about gearing up much more quickly. Then get on something with more people when you want some action...

Running round a city trailing zeds and gearing up is the way dude. Take your next 2 spawns and just run round Cherno or Elektro having fun agroing and losing zeds! Its the first thing to learn in DayZ IMO how to lose agro and navigate the clunky landscape!

Just run through a few barns or industrial buildings to find an axe then begin looting smaller buildings, if you agro just run off and loose them, simples!

Thanks for all the replies.

Within 3-5 minutes of spawning at Kamenka I can have, L85, AS50 with some NATO rounds,

Rangefinder, GPS, NVG, 24 slot Coyote etc... Just need to know where to look for them camps

What 'kind' of server should I look out for? Eg.

USA?

High population?

Recruit/Regular/Vet settings?

How often it restarts?

Seriously, there are no tents/camps on the servers I've been going to.

Thanks for all the replies.

What 'kind' of server should I look out for? Eg.

USA?

High population?

Recruit/Regular/Vet settings?

How often it restarts?

Seriously, there are no tents/camps on the servers I've been going to.

I find them off the map and it can be almost any server.. I prefer servers with 15 or less in an attempt to avoid hackers.. Not every server will have these tents, the good ones also wont be so close to the coast. I only know a couple right by Kamenka but 81254815 tents all around the edge of the map full of gear.

I learned right away that zombies mean actually nothing to the game their just in your way. Just run through military tents and all places if you see some one and you have a gun shoot on contact.

I play a 'lone-wolf survivor' kind-of game, and I'm onto my third life now (40 hours of play total).

Stealthing through Cherno with my new character just took me three hours. I still aggro'd a dozen zombies

even though I was prone 99% of the time and had to lose some blood hatcheting them. After three hours,

I still don't have 'essentials' like a hunting knife or map. I've still got to go to deer stands and heli sites,

which could take another 3-5 hours. After that, if I'm lucky, I might consider myself 'geared up' to a comfortable

enough level to stop scavenging and think about setting up a camp or setting myself other objects.

I don't understand how many players on the forum say they can gear up with military-quality stuff in under

an hour, start a new character without much effort, and then spend the rest of the time deathmatching.

What techniques are these people are using to gear-up fast? Is it even possible to scavenge as intended and

gear-up in an hour, or are these players really relying on server hopping or using duping tents/camps?

Incidentally, I have never seen a pitched tent. It's annoying to hear players on the forum say there are tents

scattering the coast and sides of the map on nearly every server, when there is no sign of tents anywhere

that I go (and I'm constantly looking for them as I traverse the map). I play on low population European

servers, so maybe most of the tents are on high population and/or US servers?

prone 99% thats ur prb. zombie runs at same speed they cant catch u unless u stop, just run in a building to slow em down, hackers r ur only concern

Edited by skull