rocket

Why the radio silence?!?

I must admit I've lost interest in this game - but when you come out with a game that has less hackers, less bugs and better implementation I will still buy it. I think just because you've seen numbers fall off in the last few weeks doesn't mean it won't come back with the release of the standalone. I still believe the main problems are hacking and lack of end-game - other minor bugs are mere annoyances. With the release of the standalone I'm hoping for an end to the most severe of hacking and the promise of an end-game to come soon there after!

Keep on it man, looking forward to it.

• Like 3

I applaud you, Rocket, for the way you've managed not only the mod/game itself, but the community, and the workload itself.

Even if thousands of players ragequit due to being impatient, you'll still have your dedicated players, and those who actually understand the difficulties in not only games dev, but PR. The opportunity to kick it with the Gaming Fatcats is a glorious one, so pick at them brains like you've contracted a rage virus.

Edited by Dreganius
  • Like 12

Rocket, when you are at PAX, I suggest you to visit to the Ravage stand, the QuickNap Gaming guys are there, and they were the people doing the HungerGameZ on TwitchTV, making DayZ top Twitch for a whole night with 28 000+ viewers.

• Like 4

Also, I got to see and try out the Occulus Rift.

Bricks were shat

Mad jelly. Keep dewing what you're dewing.

I don't think anyone was expecting you not to go to such conferences, or that you should release the next patch before it's ready.

More that the current "hotfix for the weekend" patch broke some key things and we now have to rely on private hives where the issue is fixed, or play the old version where servers are now limited in numbers.

It's a Marathon, not a sprint, so take all the time you you need Rocket and just update us as and when anything worthwhile about development happens.

It's good to see that this forum has not gone the way of GTA Forums

The GTA V section is just a joke with all the myths and rumours and pointless threads of anything which just pop's into peoples heads when they wake up

Lets keep this site clean of that :)

Thanks for the update

@rocket I think your a victim of your own success m8

You came up with an idea and a mod that went nuts and people still believe its a full game (because it plays like it and a hundred other reasons).

Me and my m8s are still playing every night and we are months into it, and its all we talk about at work, deaths /kills/ tactics etc.

I think you had one of those turning points in history where it was just the right thing at the right time, it obviously moves people to be passionate.

Just dont fall into the normal big game company path and dumb it down.

Be proud of what you created and make the full game magnificent ..

• Like 10

Shame about the timing of the PR tour, as core strategic elements of the game have been broken in the mean time making it a pointless exercise for me and, judging by the 24 hour player count, emptier servers, etc, quite few others.

The reasons are totally understandable. Completely.

At this stage, communication with the community here is also something that needs to be considered extremely important. The announcement for standalone was made and then... silence! (except for 1 update patch that didn't work and a reddit AMA).

You guys really need to consider hiring a community manager. Little announcements posts like "Dev Team headed to PAX Next!" filled in with even just a couple of sentences about spending the weekend there and then back to work... or some such, While there's a lot of us that understand what is going on, even just a few sentences go a really long way to help keep people feeling well about what's going on and plugged in. You've got over a million players hanging on right now. Give them someone "official" to talk to.

• Like 8

I love this game due to the designers attitude towards it, it's what makes it amazing.

I'm sure you'll find there is a large chunk of dedicated players that will stick with the game through all the bugs and hardship. Me being one of them.

Carry on the good work we understand that there is now a lot more for you to do that just write code. You're getting up the ladder.

• Like 1

Of course people were gonna complain that you went on to some conferences and, thus, updates and fixes have been slower than usual. That's forseeable and fairly expected.

Of course some are gonna support you and some are gonna curse at you.

Doesn't change how things are. You got the crack and we are the whores. People want their "fix", there's no denying it. So haters gonna hate, and lovers gonna love, things remain mainly the same with a slight decrease in the player base. Which is pretty normal considering some of the current bugs, but which could be easily reverted when said problems are solved.

What interests (and worries) me now is this new found "live and let live" attitude towards Private Hives. Not long ago private hive servers seemed to be "discouraged" because they didn't contribute to the alpha testing, right now, it seems you guys are starting to support the idea (seeing that we even got a new forum section dedicated to it). Is this because Private Hives can actually have their tents and vehicles saved (main concern for a lot of people)? Or is it simply a new turn in the development procedure?

At least we hear anything again :)

I stopped playing DayZ because i have seen everything so far.

That doesn't mean i lost my interest in it.

Now i am much more calm about future updates and stuff cause i am not stuck at playing a game without dev progress so far.

Me and a lot of the others made the mistake, playing this game like it's already released.

But since it was so much fun, it was hard not to ;)

If something new comes around, i'll test it and share my opinion, than wait for the next update until the game will eventually come out.

Take your time, because i know if a game is out and there is a lack of features to be fun short and long term it will be sux and i will eventually stop playing it for ever cause i don't share the philosophy of the dev's.

And if the dev's work "against" my wishes, i simply don't play the game cause there is no reason to "fight" against them cause they have the power ;)

Aira

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Rocket.

The fact that there are game devs out there designing for the fun and not the almighty dollar is refreshing.

The hardest thing I find about posting in the forums is that a good number of posts turn into flame wars, and maneuvering around that to have an actual discussion is difficult. That being said, I'm sure a number of you are aware of how long it takes to develop and launch a game. The alpha model has basically brought players into the devs world, which gives us a taste of the step by step process of getting it built. We should see it as a gift that we're included, but many don't have the patience for it.

You answer our questions. You take our input seriously. You're the head designer and most active member of our community.

Thank you for existing Rocket. :beans:

• Like 4

Take as much time as needed to make the patch playable and mostly bug-free, or whatever may need to be refined in said patch. Some things need time, and I believe some people could understand that... However some people may not understand this and go "WHY AREN'T YOU RELEASING 1.7.3? I PAID FOR DAYZ! YOU MUST SUBMIT TO MY DEMANDS NAOOOOO"

Or something :V

• Like 4

Take as much time as needed to make the patch playable and mostly bug-free, or whatever may need to be refined in said patch. Some things need time, and I believe some people could understand that... However some people may not understand this and go "WHY AREN'T YOU RELEASING 1.7.3? I PAID FOR DAYZ! YOU MUST SUBMIT TO MY DEMANDS NAOOOOO"

Or something :V

Well it does seem like that when people bought Arma 2 for DayZ, but then if that was the case they should just try out Arma 2 until the bugs get fixed. However some people did get frustrated when alot of the information being released about whether it be the mod or the standalone it was being released on external sites and nothing was being said on the forums or the actual standalone website.

This post will hopefully chill out some of the more impatient members of the community. I think most of us understand what's going on and can happily wait for future patches or the standalone itself, however long it takes. There has been a theme on the forum's of "WTF, why's no one telling us what's going on!? But I think the silent majority just happily wait knowing that it in good hands.

• Like 7

Thank you for posting rocket! Great job with your work! Next time just give a little more heads up I thought EA tried to assassinate you or something.

• Like 2

I love the mod and understand things can not roll out as fast as we all want them. Despite any glitches or bugs, I gladly give you a golden can of beans Rocket. You have changed how I view and enjoy games forever in a positive way.

Right now, my group is running on a public server one of us has, and a private one another one has got for us.....We have about 15 now and with a few more trustworthy folks, we can have almost have a full server. I can say until standalone gets here, there is nothing better than a passworded private server where all your deaths are legit.

Edited by Strawcrow