Unorthodox (DayZ)

Opinions on Official Hive & Non Official Hive servers.

Hey guy's,

I recently purchased a Non official hive server, & whilst it's completely lag free, and the loot spawns are just as fast and official hive servers I've noticed alot of people haven't bothered joining our server.

And whilst I understand you have to completely start fresh and continue playing our server to keep playing with your gear..

I was wondering why alot of you won't play non official hive servers?

I personally think they are better.

There's no lag at all, server owners have more control over the server I.E how many cars spawn and what not...

Plus we get Lingor which I personally want to try out! xD

So I just wanted some opinions on why you guys like or dislike non official hive servers.

As Vilayer have said I can switch back to the official hive whenever I like.

Just trying to gauge which would be the best option for my clan :)

do they show up in proggy's like dayZ cmder ??

if not then thats prolly why..

i'd consider playing one for sure, but i have no idea how you connect to one, as i only ever use dayz cmder or six launcher

do they show up in proggy's like dayZ cmder ??

if not then thats prolly why..

i'd consider playing one for sure, but i have no idea how you connect to one, as i only ever use dayz cmder or six launcher

My server shows up in Six and Commander.

My personal view is that a lot of the admins tweak the settings (vehicle spawns) and so on in order to bring it in line with what they think the game should play like. It's just not to my taste. I can see the advantages though. I saw one advertised as "50 vehicles per map!" as if that was a good thing, sounded more like wacky races to me.

Edited by Fraggle

My personal view is that a lot of the admins tweak the settings (vehicle spawns) and so on in order to bring it in line with what they think the game should play like. It's just not to my taste. I can see the advantages though. I saw one advertised as "50 vehicles per map!" as if that was a good thing, sounded more like wacky races to me.

I understand where you are coming from, we tweaked it to have 5 more cars but thats all we've changed.

Just trying to gauge which would be the best option for my clan :)

That's your problem. It's not all about your clan. Based on that statement alone, you are probably the type of person that will restart the server for the benefit of your clan (i.e. refreshing spawns in Stary Sobor), kick/ban someone for killing a clan member, kick/ban players to reserve slots for clan members when the server is full, etc.

Here's my suggestion to you:

Keep playing on your empty server with your clan buddies. You'll get tons of good loot, vehicles, and won't ever need to worry about being shot by hostile players. Have fun.

• Like 2

I agree mainly with Fraggle's reasons above. The balance of the game was established and like you said, you changed it by adding cars. That's only the beginning, pressure from your clan mates will change other things, this, that, whatever. No thanks. Even if you say, "we've only changed *X*" there is no way for anyone to know wHAt you've changed unless it is an official hive server.

I also agree with CaptainCrunch's post. So many people have their own server. I was in the US military, I was in a fraternity, I know how guys operate when no one else is around. It only takes one voice in the group mentioning something or telling someone to do something and then before you know it, you're somewhere doing something you didn't expect. And that's fine, I just don't want to be a party to it.

Make sure you "lock" your server to do updates too... ... and loot the hell out of everything, get all your gear and setup your position, then let the public in.

No thanks.

• Like 1

It's really up to your personal preference. If your geared out and pretty have on the official hive server then by all means stay were you are. If you join up on a Private hive you will be starting over. BUT you will NOT lose your stuff from the official hive. I think that is the confusion.with some of the new players. Again, your gear WILL NOT transfer over to a Private Hive server and anything you gain on a Private Server will NOT transfer to an Official Server.

So come on over and take some of these private server for a spin. Some are pretty fun and pretty well hacker less (Not free...no one can ever state that.. that if they do, then it's B.S.) But pretty well maintained and can ban just about anyone for anything and not under the "Rules" of Dayz Dev's.

This is a list of reasons why I avoid private hives, based on my experience of trying out 7-8 different ones:

1. Silly numbers of vehicles

2. Abusive admins (can't report them for kicking/banning/resetting/locking server because it's private)

3. Huge numbers of weapons not in DayZ

4. Obvious hacking by server owner, but can't be reported because it's private

5. Population is either very high or very low; have yet to play on one with 'normal' number of people, say 15-30? They've either been a ghost town (3-6) or totally full.

Public hive has its flaws, but at least your biggest threat is hackers and bandits rather than the admin.

I don't like private hive servers since they don't report the data to the main hive, obviously. How else will Rocket and bro study the spread and replication of a mind altering virus if the data isn't available? Huh!? Well?! Heroes are the white blood cells. Bandits are the infection. Survivors get attacked by infection and either quit like wimpy cells or are infected themselves. Hackers represent the raging fever of the weak autoimmune system. So far, the infection has been winning. Luckily we've received a shot of penicillin recently but we'll have to wait to see how well it works.

• Like 1

I'll just move this to the Private Hive discussion.

You will probably get better feedback anyways.

More vehicles is a good thing. They are rare enough in DayZ with most of them being hidden off the map. I've been playing on private hives a bit lately because of the "This server is running an incorrect version..." error, but some are ruined by the retards spamming on side channel non stop over the mic with their awful play by plays.

This is a list of reasons why I avoid private hives, based on my experience of trying out 7-8 different ones:

2. Abusive admins (can't report them for kicking/banning/resetting/locking server because it's private)

5. Population is either very high or very low; have yet to play on one with 'normal' number of people, say 15-30? They've either been a ghost town (3-6) or totally full.

Public hive has its flaws, but at least your biggest threat is hackers and bandits rather than the admin.

Make sure you play on ones with Battleeye on. Pretty sure those will be a little better for your playing experience. Also some server will roll back your player due to hackers. Try that with Public hive?

Edited by Falcon911

Admins are not an issue on Public hive servers? lol. Been the report admin abuse forums section anytime recently? its a 50/50 shot either way you cut it, but at least with a private hive the only people an "abusive admin" is effecting are the people on their server.

As long as its a purchased unofficial hive server the most the admin can do is kick or ban. Hackers and bandits cost you all your gear and time.. Personally I don't see why anyone would even bother weighing the twos pros and cons. I see an obvious winner myself.

Not to mention all the bugs that have been fixed on the lingor servers (tents, vehicles, artifacts, ext...)

On my non-hive server I can make sure all players who join get to actually have fun without all that other BS. Bandit, survivor or hero, I can take care of these people A LOT easier without getting crap from the hive. I may be a little strict on the private hive, but I can almost guarantee the 10+ people I see join excluding myself and clan, have a better experience.

Also not all servers edit the config to stupid shit. I have not and will not touch the vehicle count as it would take a lot of fun from the game. I like being able to hunt down things and not just take two steps and spot 6 vehicles...

Edited by Kuramashi

From other gaming and services with private servers I believe that these private servers are the best however I've never played on them and will continue to play on official only.

Reasons why I think they are better is because like you said they are fully customizable which makes people go searching for specific servers which suit them best as a player, ie some players like alot of action and some like surviving with whatever supplies they can grab.

Personally I'd like to see the DayZ servers go official again in the full release, however giving servers a much more customizable approach instead of all servers being the same, this is what puts people off official hive I think. I enjoy the game in general but that would make it perfect.

Ash

Oh and OP, couple things to keep in mind, as you stated you just recently got the server, things take some time. The player count for the game has been steadily declining, the truth of the matter is your server, like many others, is simply no longer needed. Not saying you shouldn't have gotten one, just simply saying the demand for more servers is no longer there. It might also benefit you to put your server ID in this post, so if anyone might be interested in checking out they know where it is.

• Like 1

This. I really like the side chat and almost every if not all private hives seem to have it.

I also see a lot of 'no kill on sight' like rules that force people into a playstyle, which in my opinion totaly defeats the purpose of playing this game.

What I like about the private hive system is that you actually play in a persistent world because your character only exists on that single server, there is no server hopping/ghosting going on, neither can you just keep your loot hidden on a low populated server. That's what would make me play on a private hive but with all these rules they lay on you, they restrict the freedom this game is supposed to give you as a player.

Tbh ive played on both sides of Chernarus private and non and also Lingor Island

And i have had less problems on private

Admins in general seem fine and they care about their servers, the one we play on they are banning hackers and stuff all the time.

They are available to ask questions or a team member is, which is drastically different to hive ones as lots ive played on in the last 3 mnths on the hive are absent or are up to no good.

The servers arnt always the smoothest but they restart regulary

On the whole the experience has been good and i think more people try to play the game on private hive as apposed to the player killfest on hive.

On hive it was death every few second from the As50/ghillie combo on private people seem more about doing the game and confrontations just happen as they should do.

But that could just be my perspective