Fraggle (DayZ)

Underrated Weapons

My friend took out a guy with an M240 using his AKM lol.

I personally am loving my newly acquired PDW with SD mags.

I don't understand why people prefer the FAL to the M14 (Just what I have found from my own experience). Same damage, probably same loud as fuck noise, but the M14 has a beautiful sight and pretty common ammo.

I love my DMR but I really want to find myself an M24. I will probably keep both (one for day and one for night) And since they take the same ammo I can keep myself to an overwatch position in my group, but if needs must I can use the DMR to spam anyone who walks round a corner shooting at me.

I'm not sure what counts as overrated except the .50 Cals, the M4SD, L86A2, and probably the M9SD (always my go to pistol, perfect for Zeds)

The Winchester is my go to starting gun, I'll take the dinner bell, but I won't shoot that thing unless I have no other choice.

Also the M249 SAW is a beast gun, firing it in 3-5 round bursts will take someone down very quickly, it has a little bit less damage per shot than the other 2 LMG's, but I really like it.

Found a MK48 in a tent at Devils Castle earlier today so dumped my much loved L85 and figured I would give it a try, only Zombies so far it hits them nicely at a distance.

M16 is a underrated weapon I find I can hit out to further with its oh so easy to use iron sights than I can with the CCO sights on the m4

Racked up 800ish kills with the Mk48. Beast of a weapon.

Now onto using a M4a1 CCO SD.

Underrated: Winchester, so good for a fresh spawn.

The FN FAL is a terrible gun. Dont ever use it, noobs! Stay away from it!!!! Keep on using the M16! :D

• Like 1

Best of the best: AS50 ... that's pretty obvious, urban areas in chernarus are limited, and chances to caught a AS50 guy before he caught you are pretty limited (not impossible.. but hard: you can only count to counter snipe him).

About "normal" rifles, guns, machine guns.. etc.

Mk48: probably the best gun for PVP .. the only downside it's that it accepts only the 240 mags.. they aren't exactly rare, but you won't find em everywhere.

SAW: not that good as the Mk48... but it also accepts the STANAG that are pretty common.

M14 AIM: basically a DMR with no tele, it's the perfect weapon for mid-range, and one of my most preferred weapons.

FAL: hi-damage and precision (more than Mk48 and SAW) .. but again the mags aren't common (heli crash only)

AKM: hi-damage and common mags, probably the most understimated weapon in the game (i've seen ppl trading the AK-74 and M16/A4 for it.. while the AKM is tons better), downside.. the zeds.. but who cares about em nowaday? :)

...then there's the guns in the middle.. according to your preference.

..to finish with the most overrated weapon in the game, the TACTICOOL© M4 CCO SD ... that has only one good thing: the looking; for the rest, it is the worst weapon in the game, so don't bitch if a guy with a makarov will kill ya while you're trying to take him down with that peashooter.

Edited by WalkerDown

Gonna have to go with the FN-FAL or the MP5SD6. No problems taking down infected or players with either weapon. Plus the MP5SD is so damn quiet it sounds like clickclickclick when you shoot it. So awesome.

Best of the best: AS50 ... that's pretty obvious, urban areas in chernarus are limited, and chances to caught a AS50 guy before he caught you are pretty limited (not impossible.. but hard: you can only count to counter snipe him).

About "normal" rifles, guns, machine guns.. etc.

Mk48: probably the best gun for PVP .. the only downside it's that it accepts only the 240 mags.. they aren't exactly rare, but you won't find em everywhere.

SAW: not that good as the Mk48... but it also accepts the STANAG that are pretty common.

M14 AIM: basically a DMR with no tele, it's the perfect weapon for mid-range, and one of my most preferred weapons.

FAL: hi-damage and precision (more than Mk48 and SAW) .. but again the mags aren't common (heli crash only)

AKM: hi-damage and common mags, probably the most understimated weapon in the game (i've seen ppl trading the AK-74 and M16/A4 for it.. while the AKM is tons better), downside.. the zeds.. but who cares about em nowaday? :)

...then there's the guns in the middle.. according to your preference.

..to finish with the most overrated weapon in the game, the TACTICOOL© M4 CCO SD ... that has only one good thing: the looking; for the rest, it is the worst weapon in the game, so don't bitch if a guy with a makarov will kill ya while you're trying to take him down with that peashooter.

Lol, if you did die to a guy using a Makarov while using an M4SD then you should leave any games that have guns in them anyway. It does about 3555 damage per shot, so you need 4 on centre target to take someone down. The Makarov does 889 damage, meaning you need to unload pretty much 2 full clips on target to kill someone. Only if they shoot you in the head, or you can't shoot will a Makarov ever beat the M4SD. It is a perfectly good weapon, which is why so many people use it. If it were as terrible as you're making out no-one would want to use it anyway.

Winchester

Glock

Nuff said

And the MK48 seems awesome

havnt tried it though

The mother effing crossbow! *snickers*

I love the M240, never hear much about it, Saw and Mk 48 seem to be the chosen ones. Although any of the LMG is grin inducing to me. Still say they need the RPK to round out that class of fire arms.

At night time, nothing can beat an FN FAL ANPVS in the right hands, the sights are perfect up to 500 meters, very accurate, and double tap them pretty rapidly so they can't alt+f4. Super easy to use, acquire target, click two times, get a murder.

I also love the normal FAL, but I find the sights to be a bit "fat".

Also, the sound of the fal in burst mode is just terrifying

But yes, the mk48 is a beast of a gun, and it's the gun I use most of the time.

Also, the 1866 is very good against zombies, 1 hit kill, and zombies don't agro that much with it.

• Like 1

Lee Enfield.

I've had more kills with that thing than with most other rifles.

It's crap against zombies though.

Lee Enfield = re-loading to slow.

M14 AIM = even the Z's on private Hive Servers come running to join in the fun.

My favorite is the 1866.

But my really real favorite is the AKM because it got big ducking bullets.

• Like 1

Lee Enfield.

I've had more kills with that thing than with most other rifles.

It's crap against zombies though.

Depends on the situation :P, I came across a heli crash site and moved onto a hill about 200m away and I had a Lee Enfield, so I went prone and unleashed the beast on the 10 or so military zombies, the damn thing is accurate, no bullet drop either, popped one and then all of them started sprinting at me, I was able to just lie there and drop every zombie, one by one, 5 headshots too out of the bunch.

I had underestimated the Lee Enfield up until then. Just the accuracy and power it has, I'd feel comfortable in combat up to 300m with it. If I ever want to go somewhere dangerous without risking a high tier weapon, I take a Lee Enfield now, of course outside of those circumstances I'd never even think about using it on a zombie just because of the extreme aggro. 6722 damage is a good enough reason to use it against other players if threatened though.

Depends on the situation :P, I came across a heli crash site and moved onto a hill about 200m away and I had a Lee Enfield, so I went prone and unleashed the beast on the 10 or so military zombies, the damn thing is accurate, no bullet drop either, popped one and then all of them started sprinting at me, I was able to just lie there and drop every zombie, one by one, 5 headshots too out of the bunch.

I had underestimated the Lee Enfield up until then. Just the accuracy and power it has, I'd feel comfortable in combat up to 300m with it. If I ever want to go somewhere dangerous without risking a high tier weapon, I take a Lee Enfield now, of course outside of those circumstances I'd never even think about using it on a zombie just because of the extreme aggro. 6722 damage is a good enough reason to use it against other players if threatened though.

Yeah, it's alright if you take down the zombies from a distance.

But if you aggro the zombie and it's running towards you...

Or if you shoot it in Elektro/Cherno..

You're gonna have a bad time.

• Like 1

I love the mk48 mod 0, I'd love it more if I could find another one! I feel that the FN FAL is very underrated. It has very nice iron sights and in three round burst mode kills everytime. It looks great, barks like the hound of satan and is just plain cool. Ideal kit: FN, M24/DMR (no preference, love em both) and an M9sd for dealing with zeds and I am am happy camper.

I only got my mk48 of a player I killed, do they only spawn at the barracks or can you find them in heli sites?

Yeah, it's alright if you take down the zombies from a distance.

But if you aggro the zombie and it's running towards you...

Or if you shoot it in Elektro/Cherno..

You're gonna have a bad time.

Oh I can imagine, hell, I have a screenshot from an early life of mine months ago when I wasn't too familiar with the weapons, I used the Lee Enfield against a zombie in a barn, far from anywhere very populated. And this happened. Notice the broken leg which was just the nail in the coffin of that life.

The flares were for my finale where I attempted to crawl out of the barn.

It didn't work.

16ishas.jpg

So yeah, the Lee Enfield is VERY situational against zombies.

And... that screenshot doesn't even show the entire massacre, I count 17 dead or alive zombies there, but that pile of zombies continued to the stairs xD. It was baaaad.

Edited by FreaK367

Another one that I think a lot of people rag on is the CZ 550. It's pretty common (although some people seem not to be able to find them at all) and so is the ammunition for it. It's a pretty decent weapon.

Another one that I think a lot of people rag on is the CZ 550. It's pretty common (although some people seem not to be able to find them at all) and so is the ammunition for it. It's a pretty decent weapon.

The CZ is pretty awesome. I have out-sniped 4 players so far that were using the AS50. I expect to see more snipers using this in the standalone when duping and scripting in weapons are both fixed.

It's a pretty sexy gun but in 2+ month I only found it in barns twice, ammo is everywhere tho :)

I think that the LMGs are the rarest weapons in the game. I've been playing for 3 months and I only found / saw 1 Mk48 from a guy sniped by me. Didn't find any in barracks / heli crash sites. I've seen at least +25 M107 / AS 50 and I had four of them