FrostDMG

Mod reached it's peak... See ya in full game

So, the problem with this mod right now its not how the hackers, cheaters, script idiots ruins everybody's gameplay, but the "children screaming "fix it or I'm quitting!".

And, "I've lost count of how many interviews rocket has done recently", oh that's nice, so.. whats the point of this forum? not even 1 dev of the mod bothers to say a single f****** word.

Test it? and how do we give feedback? every time someone, ANYBODY, makes a thread about certain bug, the horde of rocket fanboys come to say "hur hur its an alpha"

Can't wait to hear the crap they spew when the stand alone gets here. If my guy sneezes the wrong way I'm going to bitch and say "its not an alpha anymore"!

So, the problem with this mod right now its not how the hackers, cheaters, script idiots ruins everybody's gameplay, but the "children screaming "fix it or I'm quitting!".

Pretty good reading skills ya got there.

And, "I've lost count of how many interviews rocket has done recently", oh that's nice, so.. whats the point of this forum? not even 1 dev of the mod bothers to say a single f****** word.

There is actually a thread for all the gamecom interviews.. Search function is your friend.

Test it? and how do we give feedback? every time someone, ANYBODY, makes a thread about certain bug, the horde of rocket fanboys come to say "hur hur its an alpha"

There's a specific section for dayz on devheaven.. Again, search and you shall find.

Here, I decided to spend a couple minutes and find the links for ya.

Gamecom interviews link: http://dayzmod.com/f...-from-gamescom/

Official bug tracker: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Edited by Cyanyde

6 days and over 300 posts. you need a life.

I have a life. I just also have plenty of free time. But thank you for you interest in my life. :thumbsup:

What if I do? Is that problem? Do you think I am unable to communicate because of it? Bad on you there bud

It's not a problem, I'd just be less of an asshole to you since you have a valid reason to misunderstand me. Bad on me...

No, it is your lack of ability to look for the information. On the forums, in interviews, and Twitter information has been given. Just because it is not what you expect makes it no less valid, others do find it valid.

I am sorry it is not enough for you. Problem is Rocket has tried in the past to be more exact and it causes more problems when goals are not met on time, or features are changed. He is also busy right now. He has pointed out the 7.3 patch was delayed due to feedback at gamerscon. Game development is not something to put a time table to. When you do you get junk.

You call not knowing about a post in an over 130 page long thread "lack of ability to look for the information". I don't know where to look. I don't know the names of people who can say something like that and be credible. First I have to find them or the place and then look for the post... Why not just announce it? You know communicate? And the time table... I know these things take time and are often postponed for the good. So I don't demand the time table. And yeah timetables cause problems. But a list of issues that they know about, would be really helpful. With a disclaimer that they aren't working on everything simultaneously or that something might not be finished before next patch is released. It just shows you that all the feedback is going somewhere. And it reduces the number of duplicate threads about an issue, already well known. And it's not that much to ask because they probably already have a list like that, more or less.

No I do not. If I offer you what I can spare it is all I have. If I have only a drop I have only a drop. I cannot give you more. You cannot bash someone for not giving more than they have.

As that relates to the mod and updates, I feel they have given what they can. If you do not agree, well what can you do. I think on that point we reach an impasse. As we could argue it in circles and never get anywhere. :D

I just think a list of issues known to devs is an important thing during alpha/beta. I'm not demanding them to update it daily. Just once in a while, once big changes happen. It's not that much to do.

While they have not abandoned it, They are less focused on it, for a reason. Standalone > Mod. We have seen no evidence to the contrary. While It would be nice to get all the info in one spot, it is not going to happen. I'd prefer they hand it over to the community sooner rather than later to allow both to develop together and share ideas. My hope is Rocket will do this after 1.7.3, lets cross our fingers.

I agree with everything you've said here.

• Like 2

You'd think that someone with 801 posts wouldn't make such whiny threads.

You'd think that someone with 167 posts wouldn't argue with a valid argument, on such pointless grounds.

I have a life. I just also have plenty of free time. But thank you for you interest in my life. :thumbsup:

I have no interest in your life. I just noticed that you are like a fly is to shit with these post that express displeasure in the mod. You have seemingly appeared out of nowhere fully armed with fanboy propaganda and smart ass remarks. A mod in the making.

• Like 2

In case anyone is genuinely interested in an official bug list or recent info from rocket, these two links will make you happy.

Here is the Dev-Heaven link (official bug tracker): https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

And here is the stickied thread with all the recent interviews: http://dayzmod.com/f...-from-gamescom/

Edited by Cyanyde

Its Thursday night here in good ole Ohio right now.. Around 9:26pm. I gotta go to work at 6am tommorrow.

Im really having a difficult time what to have for lunch tomorrow? Any suggestions? I was thinking of a baconator from Wendy's..

baconator-menu_sm.JPG

and then thought... CHINESE BUFFET! WTF is it with the buffet lately? I dig all the sample shit and its pretty good for a buffet. Im fond of LoMein with some coconut shrimp, hoeny chicken. Some wonton soup..

all-you-can-eat.jpg

Then I though what about a DiBellas sub? The fucking Godfather sub.. Thats shit is awesome.

2920025230_28acdff87a.jpg

Oh wait forgot... Op is gay.

So I was also thinking of some pizza from California Pizza Kitchen..

california_pizza_kitchen_food_09.jpg

Man WTF to get tomorrow..

You call not knowing about a post in an over 130 page long thread "lack of ability to look for the information". I don't know where to look. I don't know the names of people who can say something like that and be credible. First I have to find them or the place and then look for the post... Why not just announce it? You know communicate? And the time table... I know these things take time and are often postponed for the good. So I don't demand the time table. And yeah timetables cause problems. But a list of issues that they know about, would be really helpful. With a disclaimer that they aren't working on everything simultaneously or that something might not be finished before next patch is released. It just shows you that all the feedback is going somewhere. And it reduces the number of duplicate threads about an issue, already well known. And it's not that much to ask because they probably already have a list like that, more or less.

I agree a smoother form of giving the information would help. But that does not mean it is going to happen. I just check Dev posts here and there to see if anything has been said, and usually get directed to things I have missed by reading other posts.

1.7.2.5 was suppose to fix graphic glitches, but broke more stuff. It is just the way this stuff works. Plus he rushed it to give us something before all the crap traveling he had to do. This is way I sit on the side of the fence that is all about no time tables and getting as right as you can. Though point in fact in earlier posts he mentions tossing updates out that break shit is gonna happen while he i testing stuff out.

Right now, folks report bugs and problems on the Bug Reporting Forum, it gets reviewed. Problem is folks report the same stuff over and over in different areas and it gets annoying to other trying to answer th same thing over and over. That is a cause of a lot of the hostility on the boards right now, aside from folks just wanting attention such as myself.

I just think a list of issues known to devs is an important thing during alpha/beta. I'm not demanding them to update it daily. Just once in a while, once big changes happen. It's not that much to do.

I agree and disagree. Beta is more bug fixing time, Alpha is more about making it run. Which despite the problems it is doing.

• Like 1

I have no interest in your life. I just noticed that you are like a fly is to shit with these post that express displeasure in the mod. You have seemingly appeared out of nowhere fully armed with fanboy propaganda and smart ass remarks. A mod in the making.

I think having a stalker is kinda cool.

I just noticed that you are like a fly is to shit with these post that express displeasure in the mod. You have seemingly appeared out of nowhere fully armed with fanboy propaganda and smart ass remarks. A mod in the making.

Best quote on the forum so far.

Best quote on the forum so far.

Totally, the best post on the forum happens to be from someone you share the same belligerent opinion with. Yes, that is the epitome of composition.

Except not because you're clearly just grasping at straws to support your antagonism.

If you find something wrong with the mod, there is devheaven and the bug report/troubleshooting sections here in this forum.

If you want to discuss features/community/opinions, debate the relevance of any once of those topics, this here section is great.

Otherwise, fuck off. Nobody gives a shit about your rage anymore. Seen it already, plenty of times. Nothing more to say about it. Leave, and leave quietly.

You do not need to be a social media-addict/ user to look at a twitter feed for information. Only thickheaded.

You use social media in the form of these forums, same difference. Hypocrisy much? I do not use twitter either, but look at the feed for information.

Mind you the information is deep in a thread, but if you just look for posts it takes no time to find.

Plus Rockets twitter feed has more info as well.

This took me under a min to find

http://dayzmod.com/f.../page__st__2380

Hm, I am thickheaded, sure. If you look at a twitter-feed, you are in fact a twitter user, are you not?

Anyway, I wouldn't put twitter and these forums in the same box, when using the word 'social media'. If that makes me a hypocrate, so be it.

But the info in that link there should be made into a clear thread of it's own, and NOT bury it in fucking page 120, in a thread about the CURRENT update.

Should be quite obvious. And not all that hard to do.

Not sure what's going through Rocket's head

Nothing. He jizzed all of his being into his own brain when he got promoted to lead the standalone. Braindead since then.

• Like 1

Wow, this threads still going?

Well, I was pretty grumpy last night and was probably being a tad defensive. My honest opinion (now that I've had some sleep) is that many people expect way too much from this mod and the devs sometimes. I think that's why people like me get pissed off when all we see is a contant stream of whining posts.

I understand the OP's point of view though. That update from the devs could have been clearer and probably deserved it's own thread or at least could have been posted somewhere that would've drawn more attention.

• Like 1

Wow when did you last speak to him?

I didn't, and if i had the misfortune of meeting him, i'd run away.

All i did was take the blinders off. Now since you're from texas this is gonna be difficult, but just take it nice and slow.

I didn't, and if i had the misfortune of meeting him, i'd run away.

All i did was take the blinders off. Now since you're from texas this is gonna be difficult, but just take it nice and slow.

It took you 9.5 hours to think of that comeback and your worried about having to slow down?

First of all let's get a couple of things straight.

This is not an attention seeking "I'm quitting because I'm mad" thread. Though I am "slightly" pissed off.

I play this mod very sporadically now - only to check what's changed with each new update and it saddens me that very little has changed for the better.

Secondly, someone said WarZ is stealing the idea that DayZ had. Well, I do not consider WarZ to be a direct competitor with DayZ.

Let's take a look at what WarZ and DayZ have in common - name, zombies, survival, multiplayer.

I mean, if you're gonna go down that road saying WarZ is a carbon copy, then sure Call of Duty and Medal of Honor 2010 are the same too.

Thirdly, I am astonished at the amount of blind fanboyism and quite frankly ass-licking going on in this thread.

I mean I know some of you like this mod more than others but that DOES NOT make the other persons' idea or opinion for that matter invalid.

Just as you, I am a fan of this mod, I enjoyed it immensely back in 1.7.1.5, it truly was one of the best online experiences, but unfortunately it has been let down by extremely poor - borderline non-existent communication between the devs and the community. I have made a post about this a couple of months back, saying how it only takes 5 minutes to write a regular twitter update, I got bashed to hell for it. I mean what the fuck?

Lastly, every update made by the devs needs to have it's own sticky so that EVERYONE can see something new is going on. It's no hard and would cut down on the HUGE amount of confusion that is currently going on the forums.

So yeah, anyone wanna defend some more? Seriously? C'mon

It took you 9.5 hours to think of that comeback and your worried about having to slow down?

Ok mate, what the hell? You are a mod, and yet you are criticizing a forum member for how many hours it took him to reply to a STUPID remark made by someone else?

9 hours? Hmm let me think...

1. He could be at work - you know, that thing that some people have called a JOB

2. He couple be sleeping - you know, after a hard day at WORK

3. He could actually be outside doing shit instead of sitting on DayZ forums 24/7 waiting for a post to which he needs to reply.

I mean, if you're gonna go down that road saying WarZ is a carbon copy, then sure Call of Duty and Medal of Honor 2010 are the same too.

This.

Although, WarZ is barely a competition as they have no proof for their claims [such as it has been in production for 2 years, etc].

This.

Although, WarZ is barely a competition as they have no proof for their claims [such as it has been in production for 2 years, etc].

Yes exactly. WarZ - from what I read - has safe zones, trading, currency etc... Things which - at least from what Rocket said - are not going to be present in DayZ...

Well, you haven't cheered up then. I'm well aware of what having a job is. Not that I need to explain myself to you (but I will). I'm currently off of work with a shoulder injury and unable to do jack-shit at the moment. I'll leave you and your whining post in peace now.

Much love.

Edited by Fraggle

Well, you haven't cheered up then. I'm well aware of what having a job is. Not that I need to explain myself to you (but I will). I'm currently off of work with a shoulder injury and unable to jack-shit at the moment. I'll leave you and your whining post in peace now.

Much love.

Nah, my post was much too aggressive, sorry bout that, however from your post it seem'd like you are expecting him to sit on the forums all day waiting for a reply :/

Yes exactly. WarZ - from what I read - has safe zones, trading, currency etc... Things which - at least from what Rocket said - are not going to be present in DayZ...

Mmm. I want WarZ to actually become a game [instead of being a 'myth], as those kind of 'perks' would be very interesting.

No probs. Like I said, I really do understand some of your frustrations (I'm a player too). I think some people are just a bit tired of the consant "DayZ is broken/HAKerZ are ruining DayZ" kind of posts. It doesn't make your point less relevant, I think that's why these posts get flamed so much though.

• Like 1