frenchy789

Your stupidest death

Reaching for binoculars with my 15-day survivor at the top of Devils castle.

Presses "B"...or so I think, but I accidentally press the button next to it. Yeah, that would be "V".

So I merrily step over the tower wall and fall to my death, 20 meters below.

Cue rage-induced rant.

haha damn! Ive had that happen.

Yesterday running through a field to Cherno I saw a car. Immediately I hit the deck thinking the car cannot see me, but instead it turns exactly into my position and i get run over. I proceed to laugh.

Next death is an undeath, I go into electro into the 2 story house with the curtains leading up to the second floor. I have a shootout with a person and I kill him. I'm trying to put morphine into my leg but alas the server wont let me and i have a firefight with another player who kills me at this point. Or so i thought. Today I respawn in the same building and I am not dead just unconcious and bleeding. Unfortunately I stop bleeding and I go unconcious. I am still unconcious up to this point which is like 20-30 mins later. So now I get to sit and watch an infinitely full hourglass.

My most pointless death happened after I found a van parked in the woods. I was all excited and hopped in to run around until I noticed that it was in the red on everything, engine, hull, gas, wheels. I was near one of the large cities (think it was Berezino), so I decided to drive over and park the van in a field across from some apartment buildings. I hop out and run over to the apartments and climb to the top. The plan was to set up shop and snipe at people who came to investigate the van (I had just picked up my first CZ550).

Well when I get to the roof I creep near the edge and hit "Z" to go prone, only I dont go prone. Instead my character runs forward about 5 steps before dropping to prone (this seems to be a bug I encounter from time to time but can't replicate). The problem is that I was only about 3 steps from the edge and went flying off of the three story aparment building to a rather ignominous death.

Bug : Outhouse door of death.

Gameplay : Being a tw@t who believed the 2 guys with assault rifles in the middle of Elektro who declared friendly were actually friendly; watching one of take careful aim; seeing the words 'HI !!!' pop up in chat before being mowed down like the gullible retard I was.

Lesson learnt.

Edited by Addicted

Pressed "V" to get over a step that was about knee high. Once I completed the animation, the floor was up to my waiste and I insta-died....

guess that was the same house as me, i did that aswell, a house with 3 rooms, one medium hallway, and stairs to go up on the second floor but its closed. did the same and the house ate me, i had no gear tho.

Accidental hand grenade in a church. Had 2 of them - wanted to try them out before I inevitably lost them to anything - Nice group of 9 zombies at the door. Threw the first one and killed the group. Forgot to hit F and threw the second like an inch away -tried to run... didn't work lol

I actually recorded it (was testing FRAPS at the time - forgot it was on)

Ill upload if anyone would like.

yes please :D

Was walking and died.

Blood was full, food and water were full, I just died. Instantly. Not even unconscious. Lost alot of great gear.

Pretty much stopped playing the game after that. I mean I can't get into a server anyway because the game is broken to hell but hopefully it will be patched up and I can try and like this game again.

You were probably sniped (head shot, no doubt) or killed by a silenced weapon, also likely a headshot.

I had a silenced M16 with 7 mags, a G17, GPS, Rangefinder, ALICE filled with meat and all I could ever wish for when I found a car!

Totally awesome right? aAlready fixed and filled with gas, I took it for a joyride only to plow into a roadblock, get thrown out the window shield, and bleed to death because I was unconscious and couldn't apply a bandage...

Blame the watermelon.

You were probably sniped (head shot, no doubt) or killed by a silenced weapon, also likely a headshot.

Or script-kiddied. I died along with everyone else on the server out of the blue due to a script kiddie

There was the one time when my backpack ate my enfield and I then got pinned down in a building and bled to death because I couldnt fire back

I was crawling around Ballota airfield in search for a backpack or matches. I was heading towards a hangar and heard a zombie sound off, turned around to see if he had agro'ed. Only to have a survivor finish his business in the hanger and see me prone'ing backwards towards the hanger. A few seconds later I was full of lead. I'm pretty sure I fired two shots at him, which missed I knew I was going to die so I just started shooting at zombies until I was no longer. I hope whatever gear I had on me served him well in his future en devours.

I trusted someone that said "friendly".

Seriously though I died to an outhouse.

Was on my way to scout the military camp in berezino, followed by looting it. Found an ATV in the woods nearby and took it for a joyride. I had pretty good gear, a recently looted FN FAL and a PDW. I decided I'd park the ATV a bit further uphill so anyone near berezino wouldn't hear me coming. Thing is, I parked it so it started sliding down against a tree. I heard it banging against the tree repeatedly and sat myself back on it to park it at a safer place. That's when it exploded :|

I survived the blast, went unconscious for a while, bandaged up and was on my way to find a cow to slaughter. Then it exploded again while I was running next to it and this time I bled to death. Man, was I mad at myself for doing such a stupid thing.. Well atleast you learn from your mistakes.

Haven't had much weird deaths.... but I got kind of killed by an Hatchet...

I spawned near Cherno, so I went into a shop and found a body with an akm [i think]

and I shot 2 zombies that were after me, I thought I should have just run away. but stayed in the shop to look for good loot

and suddenly there was a guy running towards me with a Hatchet and I said via Mic "Don't shoot" [i felt stupid saying that because he didn't have a gun]

Can't remember if I shot him, but I backed off and passed out. when I came back, there was a zombie hitting me and I died...

some minutes later I came back and my body was gone. I could still hear the flies.. lawl

Was looting the grocery store in cherno with my newly acquired AK74. A Mike Tyson zombie breaks through the nearest wall and slaps me on top of the head, knocking me unconscious.

As I come to I notice a player run into the store with a makarov and attempt to loot my unconscious body. As I start to wake up he screams "THANKS FOR THE AK BRO" and pumps 6 shots into my prone body.

Thanks Mike Tyson.

my stupidest death was also in a deerstand. I found a pdw in a deerstand and I didn't want to keep it but I did want to try it out. so I shot it at some of the zombies near the deer stand and missed. they all run up under the stand and I can't get a clear shoot, so I thought I'd fake them out and jump out of the deer stand and then shoot. I jumped and broke my legs and was eaten by the bath salt enthusiasts.

Looting around NWAF with not much luck. Getting annoyed by not finding anything. Heard something strange in the distance and saw as all the zombies in the area started to converge towards the firehouse.

I climbed up the control tower to check it out from a distance. A truck plows through the group of zombies and into the fields between the air strips.

"Holy crap!" i think to myself. "I should totally take a shot at it because thats a totally awesome idea!"

Commence firing at it with a Winchester, must have hit it once because the truck started zig zagging a little.

Guy gets to other side of the airfield, I haven't even moved from my perch on top of the watch tower. He gets out, I take a couple more shots that most likely don't come anywhere near him.

One shot, right in the head. Guy gets back into his truck and leaves.

"That was the best idea," I think to myself.

Just glad I didn't have any real gear.

Learned the hard way not to shoot at passing cars.

I fell a whopp'n 10" from the side of the first step on some stairs and broke my leg. I suggest they add Milk (from cows) for my brittle bones.

Edited by Trips28

My worst and most pointless death was at the NW airfield barracks. I crept up to the doorway and there before me was another player. We were both geared up to the max and just looked at each other for a few seconds.

Unfortunately just as i was about to go on chat and say we should just part ways he decided to take a shot at me. We both unloaded on each other and both died.

A real shame but any player who found our bodies would have hit the jackpot.

Ah, the senselessness of war!

Ok, so i'm not dead, but earlier today I found two choppers. One had a L85A2 AWS and the other a m107. I picked them both up and started running south towards kamenka where my buddy had just spawned. When I met up with him I gave him the L85 and we started running at the edge of the docks. Suddenly we were both pushed down in the water and all my items were lost. So demoralizing to see everything lying there just a few feet under water but not being able to pick it back up. It was my first m107 ever and I never even got to shoot it. Sometimes I hate this game so much...

EDIT:

One other stupid death of mine was when I was playing with my brother. We were looting the apartments in berezino and he broke my leg while trying to run past me in the stairs. I had about 2k blood left, and when he was trying to bandage me he misclicked and fired a single makarov shot in my head.

I've also had my fair share of dying to doorsteps, stairs, ladders, doors, friends etc.

Edited by BUTLER

Just a few days ago i started searching for drink because my game bugged and i drank about 4 drinks without gaining any points to my liquid ticker. Figured it was bugged so i d/c'd and logged back in. All my drinks were gone and I was still low on liquids. started searchin a small town i was close to and got frantic when it started blinking and started runnin around with zombies in tow. killed about 7 then one hit me and instantly broke my leg. after that i kept crawling to find liquid and now a morphine injection for awhile till some guy ran up behind me with a pistol. he ran around me a few times with tons of zombies in tow. i didnt have my mic cause my gf hates listening to me talk to people so i shot the zombies thinkin he needed help he then turned and shot me in the back of the head killing me. immediately after spawning i found morphine along with an assortment of drinks and the closest town. adding insult to injury.