Sign in to follow this  
Goodo

Disconnecting AFTER death??

Fairly new to the game and very new to the PVP aspect. In fact I committed my first murder last night.

It was dark, I was on the periphery of a campfire after cooking a rabbit, he was strafe-running with his eys on the campsite on a tragectory that would have run right over the top of me, I had a very short time to make a very hard decision and plugged him with 4 STANAG rounds before he new I was there, saw the death notice, felt bad, lost my 3950 humanity.

Anyway, not 3 seconds later his body disappeared with no chance to loot.

My question is,

Was it just a glitch on the server? Or was it something he may have done after he died?

I've seen a few references on the forums regarding disconnecting AFTER death and wanted some more details.

I've had my share of player inflicted deaths and have always disconnected back to the lobby straight away, Have I been cheating someone of my beans.

Yeah they alt f4

and when they alt f4 when they die their body sinks in to the ground. Sucks I know.

• Like 1

Actually they did sink down after they fell, thanks guys.

Yeah happened before. The guy I killed sunk too, and I presumed he was a hacker. Guess not.

If a player is fair enough to not DC after death i even leave the body to be looted... in fact we had two who didn't DC after death when we shot them to get their truck ( while they were carelessly looting without cover :D ) so i didn't even bother looking for loot on them since i had everything i needed on me, neither did my buddy who helped me with the ambush.

So, if I die and get the "you are dead screen", then hit, abort, disconnect, and rejoin, am I still cheating people out of their loot?

Nope. Only if you ALT+F4.

Congrats on being Genuine ;)