mattlightfoot

GDC Online Awards

Anyone else notice that all the guys hating in this thread, have a very low post count and no display pic ? Could it be that these guys all fell victim to my ban hammer ? :P

• Like 3

Voted as this is clearly the best game iv'e played in the best part of 10 years ! Not since the days of final fantasy 7 and halo have i been so hooked on a game.

• Like 6

I voted for DayZ because no other game can cover my screen up this sexy with artifacting.

Edit: I really did vote for DayZ, it has some of my favorite concepts all put together. :)

Same.

Anyone else notice that all the guys hating in this thread, have a very low post count and no display pic ? Could it be that these guys all fell victim to my ban hammer ? :P

I really don't see anyone hating it so far, but anyway, perhaps they have very low post count because no longer matters to anyone of dev to feedback ours bugs reports..

Just saying.

Voted as this is clearly the best game iv'e played in the best part of 10 years ! Not since the days of final fantasy 7 and halo have i been so hooked on a game.

Really? That is your benchmark for great gaming? I am obviously in the wrong forum.

I couldn't agree more. DayZ has most surely got my vote. Keep on truckin'!

Voted! Rocket and the entire developing team deserve this. I've been playing since mid-May and watched the numbers of players explode daily. I can't imagine the amount of effort necessary to keep this mod even remotely up and running while trying to give birth to a standalone.

To each and every member of the team I extend heartfelt congratulations on your success and I thank you all for the blood, sweat and tears you've put in to making DayZ a truly unique experience.

Edited by Azrael72
  • Like 1

really?

I loved this game.. It was great. Only game i have ever played besides Wolfenstein 3D(i was young when that game came out) that has gotten me scared or my heart pounding. But it has goten more and more broke. I could live with the tres kicking my ass when i went prown of crouched next to it. Respect the trees. Rock desiding to eat me when going over the.. Satanic rock are awsome.. Keep those.. :-)

Doors that desided to break you in 2 for no good reason. Vaulting of roofs when trying to go prone.

But the graphics issues that makes the hotspots of the map unplayable for so many. (got mine fixed finaly) is bad.. Realy bad.

Things no longer getting saved at server restart... also realy bad.

But the game breaker is the hacker swarm out there.. There is no point in playing anymore.. Getting good gear will never last more than uyntil the next hacker thunderdomes,Trows you up in the air or just teleport around in imortal form killing you.

I love the conesept of the game.. just not the followup from the dev team.

I fully support your decission to go for a stand alone and I am gonna buy it. But Please.

Fix at leaste som of the bugs befor you abandon this mod. Remove dead soldiers. PLEASE get some one to work on the hacker problem. I dont realy need new stuff.. i just want the old stuff to work until the standalone.

Thinker..

Just fixing on of the problems will get you my vote..

PS. sorry for long post..

Edited by thinker
  • Like 1

Gave my vote.... just because DayZ is a big step in the right direction even with those bugs and artifacts.

Keep up the good work. :D

Voted for Dayz for all the Fun it provided to me, and i hope still will provide more fun in the Future and as an Standalone.

Consider my vote in the bag. Ooohh. We've managed to stay on topic....

• Like 1

I understand your frustration, but your language seems to suggest we haven't tried.... Any frustration you show at problems with the mod, multiply that by ten and you will be at how frustrating it is for Dean and the rest of the development team when we can't fix things. Now some problems we inherit from Arma 2, some are caused by ourselves, we have released hotfixes to try and fix the graphical glitches, they work for some but they don't for others.

As for word from Rocket, I don't know where you get the impression he isn't talking, there are loads of interview with him at GamesCom. He is with IGN at the moment and will at PAX from tomorrow onwards.

You are missing the point here, we understand how hard it is to fix bugs what we don't understand is the lack of communication from the DEV team, why haven't they created a locked thread with a single bloody post from the DEV team saying sorry guys we are working on these issues bla bla bla we will keep you updated. and instead we have threads for voting??!?!? this is not what players want now it strengthens the feeling that all you care about are number of players, votes and money and not give a s**t about the actual comunity.

• Like 6

Voted! DayZ should get this twice over! :D

Voted for DayZ! Even though I didn't have a chance to play it and I kept hearing negative things about it, I still think DayZ could push through all this problems. I won't buy Arma 2: CO for now to play DayZ as I will only join in the fight when the standalone comes and although problems keep popping up, I hope Dean and the whole dev team could solve this and make a great standalone of the game. Good luck DayZ!

• Like 2

I voted for DayZ, maybe you want to know why?

1) Even with bugs, hackers, glitches, etc : The game's core is amazing. Even if broken this mod still on top of the hill compared to other online games. Voted.

2) I much like the dev working on the standalone to release it in a few weeks than working on the mod. This way they can design what WE ALL WANT and not just WHAT THE CORE ENGIN CAN DO. I support you guys (dev) for this ! Voted.

3) DayZ is a new kind of gaming. Like rocket said : a frustrated game. An original idea with a milsim apocalypse. Voted.

Don't give time to some kind of post : your game is broken blabla... none on the forum blabla... butthurt teenagers are always frustrated.

PS : lock all official thread. :)

• Like 1

Voted For DayZ because its still has me racing home from work to play it even with the current mod problems! Think ill end up quitting my job when standalone comes out.... *Sigh

• Like 1

did not vote

Too many cheaters. Server admins do not have the tools to catch them. Developers are given only empty promises. The game is dying. Do something.

Your vote has been validated. Thank you! Got my beans fellas.

Edited by terrorsnurf

did not vote

Too many cheaters. Server admins do not have the tools to catch them. Developers are given only empty promises. The game is dying. Do something.

Interesting. The game is dying before it's even been created.

• Like 1

Vote has been placed.

"Thank you for completing the first step in voting! Your vote for Arma2 - DayZ is pending.

Please check your email (and your spam folder too!) for a message from Choice Online Awards and then click on the embedded link in the email to validate your vote. Thank you!"

I'm waiting for the game to be fixed tho! Hope you get it going soon.

Edited by Flumm1337

DayZ? Who would vote for such a thing as DayZ? Well if you excuse me I shall go vote for my other zombie game, Daisy, it has bandits, heros, zombies, and is a mod for the game Karma II!

Surely I am not confusing the two games!