liam@venturefox.com

Players in last 24 hours dropping fast.

Sort the damn tents and vehicle saving out, in a game without any true objectives these are core elements that you've managed to break in the last patch. The alpha test is going to be burnt to a cinder unless these items are fixed pronto. You should also put some damn quality control into your patches, stop releasing small (buggy) fixes which somehow manage to break massive chunks of the game which keep people addicted. I stopped playing about a week ago, because without tents and vehicles the game is rubbish. I've been watching the Dayzmod homepage every few days and see the players last active within 24 hours dropping by tens of thousands each time I check back. At this pace there will be no players left in a month! Forget all the momentum building up to the standalone when you've pissed off most players and server admins like this!

• Like 2

There is quality control on the updates... US. Do you not know what alpha testing is? Lol. Don't use tents or vehicles until they're fixed. How does that sound?

To be honest, this game could do with less whiny kids. There will still be plenty of players (and probably a better community...) in a month.

Just my two cents...

• Like 9

You both have a valid point. Its a matter of wanting to activily particepate in the alpha or playing the game. You cant do both lol. Same with minecraft in the begginning, alot of bugs and crap, but people kept testing it and look at the product now.

Patience is a virtue :)

• Like 1

I think the problem is that a lot of these people haven't tested before and think they're just playing a game.

If you don't want to have to play around and avoid bugs then wait for the DayZ stand alone 1.0.0 (not the winter 2012 alpha version). This will probably be a year or more down the line but it will be finished and bug free.

Stop complaining until then, please...

• Like 1

"FIX PATCHES AND FAST.

IMPROVE PATCH QUALITY."

It's one or the other, kiddo.

You are not supposed to play the game. You are testing it.

The Alpha test will not be ruined even if the tents were to NEVER get fixed.

You would know if you had experience as an alpha tester.

Edit; "Forget all the momentum building up to the standalone when you've pissed off most players and server admins like this!"

If you're going to get pissed for buying ARMA 2:CO for DayZ and then discover that the Alpha build of a mod is shit and decide to not to buy it, nobody wanted you to, anyway.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

he has a point. I used to play with about 40 people. now only 5 are online. some just sitting in the teamspeak. I am not playing right now because I will most likely just get killed by a hacker who thinks he is playing COD and its all about the highest kill count. I have everything there is to have in the game appart from a radio. I have M4 SD weapon and a thermal weapon what else is there for me to do. I have a tent and veihcles I want for what? I have food and water. there needs to be some kind of goal or purpose to the game I am not interested in sitting in chern trying to play COD and kist kill people all day. I would not do that in real life because the human race would be extinct. also the graphic glitches are too bad everywhere with tents and wire and sand bags. so add some rescue missions in or something

There is quality control on the updates... US. Do you not know what alpha testing is? Lol. Don't use tents or vehicles until they're fixed. How does that sound?

To be honest, this game could do with less whiny kids. There will still be plenty of players (and probably a better community...) in a month.

Just my two cents...

So you say "its an Alpha version" trololo stuff, that ok, BUT you should know when to use it.

as far as I know you are not a part of dev team and you are not a tester for this mod so you have nothing to do with the "Alpha" term.

As Maktyr said, there is a problem right now, and I am sure that we are not the only three people who stopped playing DayZ because of the shit they did with the last patch.

What if zombie spawn script or PVP system was disabled?

would you still have fun playing DayZ and throw the "its Alpha, its Alpha, you are whiny kids" all over the forum?

Tents and vehicles worked fine until the 1.7.2.5 patch, so or it was disabled by Rocket or it was somehow broken what I don't see any reason for that to happen.

I think it was disabled.

Me and friend didn't played DayZ for a week, because there is nothing to do when everything is broken, we found 4 vehicles and we don't have any use for them.

maybe if you are a noob who live at the beach you find a lot off interesting stuff to do there trying to find Makarov.

My team had another plans but its impossible right now. so just walking around and killing everything is the only thing left, I am not interested in this.

Its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha trololo its alpha

• Like 1

So you say "its an Alpha version" trololo stuff, that ok, BUT you should know when to use it.

as far as I know you are not a part of dev team and you are not a tester for this mod so you have nothing to do with the "Alpha" term.

As Maktyr said, there is a problem right now, and I am sure that we are not the only three people who stopped playing DayZ because of the shit they did with the last patch.

would you still have fun playing DayZ and throw the "its Alpha, its Alpha, you are whiny kids" all over the forum?

Tents and vehicles worked fine until the 1.7.2.5 patch, so or it was disabled by Rocket or it was somehow broken what I don't see any reason for that to happen.

I think it was disabled.

Me and friend didn't played DayZ for a week, because there is nothing to do when everything is broken, we found 4 vehicles and we don't have any use for them.

maybe if you are a noob who live at the beach you find a lot off interesting stuff to do there trying to find Makarov.

My team had another plans but its impossible right now. so just walking around and killing everything is the only thing left, I am not interested in this.

Its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha trololo its alpha

good reply there

people throw that around all the time. its an alpha. pretty sure we knew that on day 1 when we clicked the download alpha button.

there has been nothing to do for ever now. i mean once you got full kit what do you do. me and my mates we held the airfield on a full server for weeks. we held stary. we held electro. now places are to hard because hackers flood the servers. we has a clan war once and as soon as it was announced on the server a mate of mine saw 12 people teleport straight to chern from all over the map. we had every vehicle on the map and a huge base. there was 40 or so of us all together and now we are just bored. we need objectives, missions, quests, a purpose, restoring power to chern to get a factory going to get med supplies or weapons or something. we need something

• Like 1

Everyone who plays the the mod and reports bugs and throws in suggestions is part of the 'testing team' for the mod. That's what the point of an open Alpha/Beta is, so you have a wider range of people who test the game and bring it to its limit so you can improve on that.

I think you haven't understood the point of this Alpha Phase yet. It is there to test things and see if they work out, there will be a lot of changes. Some will only be there for one update and other are there to stay.

Again that's the point of a testing phase.

I think it was disabled.

Most likely, so what? If it was broken they'll fix it if Rocket disabled it, he had a reason and if it doesn't work out he'll reenable it.

How 'bout you just start over as a fresh spawn? Get yourself a partybus and go around helping people for a change. There are loads of things to do and if you've done all that and are bored, either just stop playing or wait for an update that will add something that'll peek your interest. But stop complaining about the mod as if it was supposed to be a fully fledged game.

It's not trolling, it's the simple truth. If you can't handle that go cry like a baby. Edited by James Ashwood

Maybe the players leaving are all the globally banned hackers?

Based on all of the complaints (rather than suggestions) from the community, I'm glad the trash is going back to CoD; I heard rumors that a new $60 reskin is planned for release soon!

Everyone who plays the the mod and reports bugs and throws in suggestions is part of the 'testing team' for the mod. That's what the point of an open Alpha/Beta is, so you have a wider range of people who test the game and bring it to its limit so you can improve on that.

I think you haven't understood the point of this Alpha Phase yet. It is there to test things and see if they work out, there will be a lot of changes. Some will only be there for one update and other are there to stay.

Again that's the point of a testing phase.

Most likely, so what? If it was broken they'll fix it if Rocket disabled it, he had a reason and if it doesn't work out he'll reenable it.

How 'bout you just start over as a fresh spawn? Get yourself a partybus and go around helping people for a change. There are loads of things to do and if you've done all that and are bored, either just stop playing or wait for an update that will add something that'll peek your interest. But stop complaining about the mod as if it was supposed to be a fully fledged game.

It's not trolling, it's the simple truth. If you can't handle that go cry like a baby.

you don't understand what you don't understand.

did you know what Alpha means? DayZ is not in alpha stage, its just word that Rocket decided to call it, Alpha version is for closed testing. with 1,000,000 players its not closed testing.

If there any changes, they could be written in the release log, but no one said anything about broken vehicles and tents.

if we all really testing it then why when like half of the forum members reports Artifacts problems in 1.7.2.5 no one even care?

there is enough people who really test it, the rest of 1000000 "testers" just playing and having fun (until 1.7.2.5 patch released).

"We" are not the testing team, if we was we would probably know about it, test team is a group of people who understand how the mod and game engine works, who know what to test and how and what is the reason for each bug etc.

even if you report bug, dev team will have to see it by themselves to really know what goes on there.

and you still missed the main point of my previous replay: DO NOT replay with "its an alpha" its says nothing, its same as if you just post an empty replay.

partybus idea would be fun but I prefer to not play DayZ at all until (if at all) all this shit will be fixed.

I also dropped out of the game, and no i wont play that shitty warz crap, but i still come back here to see which features have been aded, and by doing that i just lose more of my hope each time i visit.

OP may say its an alpha, but i came here like almost non modder or arma player, thinking it was supposed to be a zombie survival simulator, but the thing we get is so different that we end up giving it a go and it is still fun, but it bores, oh and also, maybe some people have college or something called jobs, or even school and other stuff that occupies their life, last month was july, so a lot of kids came here to make our lives hell, at least we can now see the player base dropping, but rocket wont add a decent feature, he almost said so himself, he is just going to "fiz all the bugs" and leave us to come back when he announces adding a feature

• Like 1

did you know what Alpha means? DayZ is not in alpha stage, its just word that Rocket decided to call it, Alpha version is for closed testing. with 1,000,000 players its not closed testing.

If there any changes, they could be written in the release log, but no one said anything about broken vehicles and tents.

Call it whatever you want it doesn't change the fact that the game is not complete yet and there will be a lot of testing going on, which will obviously break some elements of the game now and then.

if we all really testing it then why when like half of the forum members reports Artifacts problems in 1.7.2.5 no one even care?

How do you know? Are you involved in the development? All you're doing is assuming things.

there is enough people who really test it, the rest of 1000000 "testers" just playing and having fun (until 1.7.2.5 patch released).

"We" are not the testing team, if we was we would probably know about it, test team is a group of people who understand how the mod and game engine works, who know what to test and how and what is the reason for each bug etc.

even if you report bug, dev team will have to see it by themselves to really know what goes on there.

If you know so much about game development why don't you just develop your own game?

and you still missed the main point of my previous replay: DO NOT replay with "its an alpha" its says nothing, its same as if you just post an empty replay.

Actually saying 'its an alpha' is a valid point. You simply expect to much. It's not a full game, it's a mod. If you fail to accept that, it's your problem.

partybus idea would be fun but I prefer to not play DayZ at all until (if at all) all this shit will be fixed.

Then don't play until the full standalone game is released, which might be in a year or so from now, because until then there will always be bugs because the game is not yet finished and won't be until the final release.

ask yourself this. would you send $90 tomorrow is the stand alone game was released with all the little bug fixed and the game was kept the way it is now?

I wouldn't, I don't have a problem with the bugs at the moment i mean i don't care about vehicles anymore because i have been there and done that. don't the party but I have done everything there is to do. Are you happy to still run around with all of your kit fully geared and once you have it after 14 days alive and 1000 zombie kills with the occasional murder or bandit kill. i mean sure you could just sit in chern and kill people but why not play COD that's what COD is all about.

the game has no substance, purpose its like playing command and conquer with a level that jas constant waves of enemy to kill and they will never ever end. once you fill the map up with a base and units what then?

Think the biggest problem is lack of activity. I know it isn't just flip a switch type deal with this game, but at the same time they said Bohemia was helping Rocket. Either they are putting more time into the standalone(which makes sense as that is the main goal), or they are slacking. IT shouldn't have to be all on rocket to do all of this. I feel like they just need to give out more information on the Standalone. Should have somebody exclusively for this.

If youngsters from today had a go at playing snakes and ladders you could bet your life that they would use the snakes as a ladder like some sort of hack, spoilt, lazy, and ungrateful to the core.

Edited by L1CKEYSPL1T
  • Like 1

To everyone,

1) This is a mod, Rocket seems adn from what I heard from him, to be testing out ideas here, making changes as needed.

2) They are working on fix whats broken, and such.

3) They are trying out new things, and removing other things to see how things go.

4) He said he intends on adding a base making system, and much more to do, but those all take lots of time, scripting code, making modles, textureing modles, riggin modles, animating modles, testing modles, fixing modles, test script, fix script, and etc.

Basically stop acting like it an easy thing to do, yes the compnay is backing him up but he doesnt have the whole company supporting him its a small group as of now.If your board, I have an idea create your own quests in the game, try to start a trading post, or whatever. How bout offer your services to noobs to guide them through the world. How about king of the light house, Capture the pepsi, I mena the game can be anythign other games are. I would highly suggest though remembering the game is about enjoying the new experience you get paying each time, if you don't see anything exciting get with others and make stuff exciting. I mean come on you guys you can do whatever you want in the game basically, its like you have never had to make games up or go on adventures to have fun before.

No, you clearly lack the knowledge of what an alpha is. People like you seem to lack the intelligence to understand, it is an ALPHA and that is what you and all the others that post stupid stuff daily on the forums will never understand. Rocket released Day Z as an alpha as he wanted to and all it got him in return was fucking idiots abusing him daily on the forums, complaining about trivial issues, thinking its an AAA game, etc.

I'll reply with its an alpha as that's what it is, he didn't miss anything. You just don't want to hear its in alpha testing.

Pointless trying to argue anyway as this is going to turn into a massive troll fest.

Edited by Womb Raider
  • Like 1

well its not really an alpha. its a mod as what has been said. its a mod to Ama2. its like an expansion to arma 2 really. go to expansions you can even turn the mod off.

now as for helping noobs. ummm no. it goes like this.

hi are you new? yeah i am new can you help me get a gun. I'll get you a weapon not a gun. a gun is something too big to carry or a 50 cal. anywasy follow me.

So what weapons do you have?

me? oh I just have an M4A3 CCO. its not bad. got me night vision and stuff. Hey you want a map I have a spare

oh yeah cool yeah sure how do I use the map

press M

Thanks man

here is a pistol pick it up and its ammo

Ohh thanks man

BANG!!!!!!

You are dead.

HAHAHA I AM LEET i AM NEW TO THE GAME AND KILLED A GUY AND NOW HAVE nvg AND A COOL GUN. I want to kill people now because zombies are no threat. I will pretend I am playing COD and snipe people all day and see how high of a kill count I can get and be boss of this server and call everyone a noob for helping others.

10 mins later he is killed.

Ohhh this game sucks it took me 30 mins and now I am back to where I was when I first started the game nothing is saved and I didn;t even see who killed me. he may be a hacker.

Google buy ***, download, install,

HAHAHA I AM BOSS I TELEPORT AROUND ALL DAY AND KILL PEOPLE JUST LIKE I DO IN COD I am the best at the game everyone I kill is a noob

No, you clearly lack the knowledge of what an alpha is. People like you seem to lack the intelligence to understand, it is an ALPHA and that is what you and all the others that post stupid stuff daily on the forums will never understand. Rocket released Day Z as an alpha as he wanted to and all it got him in return was fucking idiots abusing him daily on the forums, complaining about trivial issues, thinking its an AAA game, etc.

I'll reply with its an alpha as that's what it is, he didn't miss anything. You just don't want to hear its in alpha testing.

Pointless trying to argue anyway as this is going to turn into a massive troll fest.

No, I have no lack of intelligence, I maybe even have more than you and I know how things work in Arma and DayZ, you can read my replays to people who was whining about something some times, I also told them that its alpha or that its Arma engine and its problematic to do such and such things.

if you think that you are "protecting" Rocket from "kids" like me, you are wrong...

you don't even see the difference between real issue and "its an Alpha" case.

I am not talking about that there is nothing to do anymore, I am talking about all the bugs that appeared recently such as broken tents etc.

when there are 1000000 players, Devs could work a little bit harder to fix the major bugs at least.

when anything reach this level you can't say its alpha.

read the topic post again...

Edited by DooM4MR

"FIX PATCHES AND FAST.

IMPROVE PATCH QUALITY."

It's one or the other, kiddo.

I seem to remember a time when both could be expected of a game developer, ESPECIALLY on the PC.

• Like 1

I seem to remember a time when both could be expected of a game developer, ESPECIALLY on the PC.

Yeah, when it's actual companies working on an actual game.

DayZ as it currently stands, is a mod being developed by one guy.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

seems like its a competition who is the greater alpha / mod tester here. none of you work for them. I dont think the staff give us much info on the updates or when they do the patch or update fucks something else up. and it takes another month to fix it.

the game is long long off from being a beta I think