arma2eraseditself

Stand Alone Better Be POLISHED

As time goes on... Rockets lack of forethought is incredibly dissapointing. This game is ALREADY riddled with bugs and game killing features.... (but hey... its Alpha...)

Somehow this idiot figured to add "Zombies climb ladders" into the game..... Only problem is the ALL climb @ the exact same time...

not a problem w an automatic gun... but if your going for one.... say @ Balota airfield... and aggro a couple and climb up a ladder (as I did w the lever action shotgun (1886?).... they all reach the top at once... and can smash the hell outta you while you cycle the action...

brilliant thinking bud..

If he expects me to pay AGAIN for this fucking game... it better be SMOOOOTH.

O but amazing work fixing the graphical glitches..... (wait... the wall that obstructs 90% of my screen ISNT supposed to be there? okay.. .well Ill avoid it.... oo! its at the most popular loot points.....???!??)

We should turn Rocket into Rainman Rocket Meme...

(Have BRILLIANT idea/innovation for gaming industry.... SHIT all over it)

• Like 2

When did you pay for DayZ?

You probably paid for Arma II / OA but not DayZ, that's why you totally fail here.

Yet it still has more players than SWTOR.....It's still awesome depite the problems.

well the stand alone is going to be alpha also...

so uh... prepare to be disappointed. but atleast he'll have free reign to do everything in there.

and if its anything like minecraft, expect lots of updates then

Edited by Buffjesus

Dude, go play something else already.

You're obviously not enjoying DayZ.

Rocket owes you nothing, despite what you may think.

• Like 1

You probably paid for Arma II / OA but not DayZ, that's why you totally fail here.

typical rocket fanboy... sucking his dick wont get a discount for the standalone. He created this mod, so he has the responsibility to make this game better. Alpha is not an excuse. Rocket, if you dont want to fix this mod, at least notify us. I dont want to waste my time on a mod without improvement.

[user warned, 24 hour PPS. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck

I'm sure you could do a much better job of it OP. I'm sure you have a much better knowledge of videogame coding and script writing, and i'm sure you shit out game mods during your free time on a regular basis. Why don't you go work on that.

• Like 1

Okay, here I gooooo. My turn for replying to this. Okay, first, not a game YET, this is a mod, a mod for a SIMULATION, Arma 2 is a bug ridden fun fest, if you hate bugs you will prolly not like Arma, that's fine. That's you're own opinion. And yes, it's Alpha, so glad you acknowledge that +1 for that. Calling Rocket an "idiot" for putting this whole MOD together is rather ungrateful and I find you to be a kiddie that thinks hes entitled, -20. And you PAID for OA, don't like it? Sucks for you. YOU wasted the money then, don't want to pay? Don't have to. Don't need you. Want smooth? It will be. Rocket is a smart person who did this FOR FREE up till he releases the standalone. Graphic glitches are the result of a recent beta patch that isn't in Rocket's direct reach to fix. he could remove all the dead soldiers and fix it, but dude, he's busy "SMOOTHING" the standalone. Listen, for your final insult, you get -50. Now, I'm not a Rocket fanboy, but I respect him for doing this and making a mod that i have had hours of enjoyment to add to my fun on Arma 2 OA, he's done it for free and I think you are shit. You have -69 internets and do not deserve a cookie. YOU LOSE GOOD DAY SIR.

• Like 2

typical rocket fanboy... sucking his dick wont get a discount for the standalone. He created this mod, so he has the responsibility to make this game better. Alpha is not an excuse. Rocket, if you dont want to fix this mod, at least notify us. I dont want to waste my time on a mod without improvement.

Why do you feel like you are owed something by rocket? If you dont want to waste your time on a mod without improvement (and i'm sure your time is very valuable), then DON'T. I get that you like this game but jesus christ, grow up and stop whining just because you're not getting what you want.

I'm so sick of seeing this crap from these immature idiots who don't know shit.

• Like 1

I don't know how you got getting a discount for the standalone for his post but you seem to lack the intelligence to understand what an alpha is and what Rocket owes you, so I'm not surprised.

He doesn't owe you anything, is that too hard to understand?

This is going to turn into a massive troll thread anyway like usual. So sigh.

• Like 3

ROUND 2. Not a Rocket fanboy, he's just telling the truth. YOU paid for a game to play the mod. Rocket didn't make money for the money paid for Arma2. I wouldn't even want a discount anyways. I owned OA before DayZ came out and think you all insulting the person who gave you a mod for a game you bought by your choice is just damn right stupid. You can continue to "waste your time" because honestly, if your still here you're either a troll or you have a hope in the mod/standalone. Still, I find you to be a waste of a human being, almost as much as the OP.

• Like 2

ROUND 2. Not a Rocket fanboy, he's just telling the truth. YOU paid for a game to play the mod. Rocket didn't make money for the money paid for Arma2. I wouldn't even want a discount anyways. I owned OA before DayZ came out and think you all insulting the person who gave you a mod for a game you bought by your choice is just damn right stupid. You can continue to "waste your time" because honestly, if your still here you're either a troll or you have a hope in the mod/standalone. Still, I find you to be a waste of a human being, almost as much as the OP.

When did i insult Rocket? Im just stating the truth. Yea Rocket said the graphic glitches would be fixed in 2.5 and now wat? most of the players are still experiencing the problem. Keeping defending Rocket. Ill see how will the game improve in 1.7.3. And also, I didnt say he owe me. Im just saying if you dont want to manage this mod anymore, give it to someone else who has a heart. We all want to play, but seriously you gotta show us wat you got Rocket

When did i insult Rocket? Im just stating the truth. Yea Rocket said the graphic glitches would be fixed in 2.5 and now wat? most of the players are still experiencing the problem. Keeping defending Rocket. Ill see how will the game improve in 1.7.3. And also, I didnt say he owe me. Im just saying if you dont want to manage this mod anymore, give it to someone else who has a heart. We all want to play, but seriously you gotta show us wat you got Rocket

I wish to remind you, he asked people IF it was fixed in 2.5, he thought it was, but it wasn't. He's redirecting his attention to the standalone and shit. I merely defend Rocket because the pieces for shit out there think their entitled as fuck because they bought a game for a mod out there for it. I want the graphics fixed but at the same time I want the standalone to be so much better than the alpha, I mean I'm a patient person so it's whatever to me, others like yourself use vulgarity and then wonder why people aren't taking your side when I would normally agree with most of what you're saying. Remember, just cause this is the internet and everything doesn't mean you NEED to cuss all the time to make a point. Seldom ever helps a point come across as something agreeable.

Fitting that someone who chooses the name Trigonometry should be so obtuse!

Edited by Wawazat
  • Like 3

I wish to remind you, he asked people IF it was fixed in 2.5, he thought it was, but it wasn't. He's redirecting his attention to the standalone and shit. I merely defend Rocket because the pieces for shit out there think their entitled as fuck because they bought a game for a mod out there for it. I want the graphics fixed but at the same time I want the standalone to be so much better than the alpha, I mean I'm a patient person so it's whatever to me, others like yourself use vulgarity and then wonder why people aren't taking your side when I would normally agree with most of what you're saying. Remember, just cause this is the internet and everything doesn't mean you NEED to cuss all the time to make a point. Seldom ever helps a point come across as something agreeable.

im pretty sure i didnt CUSS to make a point. And about the standalone thing, of course Rocket have to work on that. But there is still a long time till the standalone to be finished. What do we play on during these time? A mod full of glitches and hackers?

im pretty sure i didnt CUSS to make a point. And about the standalone thing, of course Rocket have to work on that. But there is still a long time till the standalone to be finished. What do we play on during these time? A mod full of glitches and hackers?

Well you told a guy to stop sucking Rocket's dick. I don't think that's a great way to start out. But dude, play some private hive. Before school gets out you'll find alot of people who don't KOS, who don't hack, and the glitches can be fixed. You just have to have some computer know-how.

Drop the bullshit semantics, if someone bought Arma2 exclusively for DayZ, they PAID for DayZ. Ask Bohemia how many units they've shifted solely for DayZ. There's a damn reason they put a huge DayZ sticker on the retail box.

Edited by Diz

Well you told a guy to stop sucking Rocket's dick. I don't think that's a great way to start out. But dude, play some private hive. Before school gets out you'll find alot of people who don't KOS, who don't hack, and the glitches can be fixed. You just have to have some computer know-how.

the glitches are not the servers' problem. It is all about the mod. also i dont give a *censored* about KOS. It is a part of the game but hacking isnt. It also occurs in pivate servers so it doesnt matter which server to play on. Its still the same. And im sure i dont need more computer knowledges

Drop the bullshit semantics, if someone bought Arma2 exclusively for DayZ, they PAID for DayZ. Ask Bohemia how many units they've shifted solely for DayZ. There's a damn reason they put a huge DayZ sticker on the retail box.

Nope.

Look, in a perfect world, a business would take responsibility for the mod that sold like a million units of their game. The moral imperative would be to support those who made a purchase of their game, regardless of what they were going to do with it.

The reality is that Rocket did not see a single penny of sales from Arma II, directly. The man was on a salary, same as the rest of his co-workers. Since Bohemia did not endorse nor develop DayZ, which Rocket made in his spare time, they have no culpability for it.

If you buy a game based on community made content, a specific mod made by one guy, that is a risk you took. It is in no way guaranteed or officially supported by the developers of Arma. If you aren't satisfied with it, you have no legal, moral, or monetary ground to stand on. Did you know the quality of online play in any game is not actually guaranteed by the industry? Mods fall under that section. It's right there in the start up screen for many of them: "Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB". You purchased Arma II, a fully developed game that delivers exactly the amount of content it promises, and functions according to industry standards.

• Like 1

Stop...posting...like...this...

There are these things you know, called commas? They add pauses to your sentences and make you seem less like a sarcastic 12 year old.

Which you probably are, but I digress.

The DayZ community can be stupid as fuck sometimes.

the problem is with DayZ as a part of Arma2.

because of the content DayZ is forcing down a already made games throat, it's causing the fuck ups. like for exp, in Arma2 AI are smart enough to climb a latter. this falls in to DayZ since it is a mod of Arma2.

Once DayZ goes stand alone it will be 50 times more smooth just because it doesn't have conflicting content. unlike ACE where it adds on to the vanilla Arma2, DayZ is trying to change core content.

Yet another person that didn't understand what they were doing when they got DayZ. People really need to learn what the point of Alphas are.

Also in response to OP posting in another spot, no, Rocket has no responsibility to finish this mod. He could abandon it and never touch it ever again. He could've done it at any point over the past months if he really wanted to. It's a mod. It's free, it wasn't meant to bring in new people to ARMA2, it was meant as something for people that already owned the game, to play. It just happened to be a very interesting idea, that the media and youtube hyped it like crazy, which made the whole thing take off.

The purpose of the standalone is to fix things you just can't do with the mod. You can only hack into a game so far, before you hit a wall, due to how the original game was designed. The hatchet is an example of that. The only way he could get it in, was to basically make it a nearly infinite round gun with really low range and accuracy.

Edited by Maxgor

Allow me to correct your logic on this matter. NO ONE HERE PAID TO PLAY DAYZ. If anything at all we all paid to TEST dayz in its alpha state. Anyone thinking they are a player in dayz did not read into what they were buying, when they bought it. Rocket does not owe you jack. He already gave you one of the best mods in history for nothing, and will follow that up with a huge improvement on this, (standalone) for less than the price of a meal for 2 at mccdonalds.

STOP COMPLAINING.

• Like 4