mikeratcliff

Take over a town, Establish Safe Zone, Teamwork all up in this bitch

Event Vote  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to join in with me and establish a safe zone in a city somewhere?

• Sure, I'll bring the chips
    • Nope.avi
    • I'd like to, but I got things to do. I would join at a different time.

Official Thread http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/98289-operation-humanity/

Me and a couple of buds the other day got a idea when we found a truck loaded with weapons and ammo while playing. We decided to try and take over Elektro. Not in the "Suck my dick or die lolzXD" way, but as in to try to establish a safe zone in DayZ. When we did it, our truck got stole but we had a blast mowing down zombies and all. We tried to help people as we went, I only had to shoot one guy but he was trying to snipe us (Shot him in the throat with a M14). Since this was fun for us, I figured I would check it out and see what it would be like if I got a group together and tried doing that again and maybe get a event going. Maybe even do some in game give aways of some of the stuff our scavengers retrieve. I'll start getting things sorted out such as a teamspeak and try to get supplies to get this kicked off, but before that I think I should do a poll for it. If you would like to see this happen in the coming week or so, make sure you vote in the poll. If I do have enough votes I shall host the event and get things worked out.

Come on people, lets get civilation started again and lets do this!

Edited by Ratcliff
  • Like 19

Sure I'll join

I, and the others that wish to join in, appreciate you wanting to help humanity out a little. Right now is this just a vote/suggestion thread, and with enough votes I'll start another thread with the actual event. 2 things I wish to make clear right now that will help out the event is the following;

1. We need wired fencing / tank traps / bear traps to keep bandits from getting in (I know they can combat log, but still it helps), so if you happen to find some or have them lying around we would appreciate the donation to help with the cause

2. We are here to help fellow survivors, Friendly Fire will not be tolerated. People with Bandit skins may also be not allowed, this may change but if not I'd work on your humanity.

• Like 3

1.This will never happen because people can ghost you, or a lieing bandit in disguise will kill you. You may be able to do this at a smaller town up north a bit or something. DONT do this in electro, it will fail.

2. Nice idea, if you get an easier way to help humanity, (such as my suggestion), I will join.

Edited by Sawyersheppard

1.This will never happen because people can ghost you, or a lieing bandit in disguise will kill you. You may be able to do this at a smaller town up north a bit or something. DONT do this in electro, it will fail.

2. Nice idea, if you get an easier way to help humanity, (such as my suggestion), I will join.

Once a server has been picked, Me and my team will get in touch with the Adminstration and try to have them with us incase of people trying to use exploits and such against us.

And you can always tell a bandit from his heartbeat, and if that fails I hope he realizes that we will be playing on a server with name tags and about 20 other plays will be on the hunt for him, and once again if he combat logs we will have the admin staff on standy by.

well this is awkward because I have a bandit skin... but I haven't even killed anyone since the patch, it was from a long time ago when it wasn't saving humanity so I'm at like -100,000

Welp, If we do let you in, we'll be sure to put you down as medic to work on that little issue. Like I said, the bandit skin thing is not set in stone as of now. However if you or someone else happen to betray us, you will be put on a bandit list for the public to view here, now that right there will be set in stone. Same thing goes the other way around if you happen to help the event go smooth and you'll be noted as a hero, if you do something amazing thats worht a mention you'll also get that aswell with the list of people who participated.

I'll love to help in this project

I'd love to take part in something like this as i have already had much fun doing this type of thing solo as like a survival challenge or something send me a msg if u get it off the ground

I think that you would be better off trying it at small or medium sized town a little further north at first. Zelenogorsk isn't very far north, and it still has a SuperMarket. It might be a good place to test. Elektro just seems too big and spread out to do this first thing. I guess you'd be ok if you had a lot of people, but it seems like setting it up and defending it would be hell. Maybe take one of the parts of Berezino that has good loot and separate it from the rest of the city and hold that. I understand wanting to do a southern coastal city, but they're so high traffic and that defensive line might be pretty spread out. At least you'd have the sea to your backs though. Just thought that I'd throw that out there as something to think about.

• Like 1

I suggest Pusto or Vybor :D

Their size would be more manageable, but I'm starting to see reasons Elektro could work. You wouldn't need nearly as much defense around the coast. Mostly just to defend against combat loggers I guess. But I see the smaller towns like Vybor and Pusto as having perimeters that are probably close to the size of what you'd need to defend just on the northern edge of something the size of Cherno or Elektro. The problem I see with those two towns (Pusto & Vybor) is that they're a little far north for newer spawns that they may want to help, and not to mention, they're dead in the middle of an area with higher level loot therefore lots of PvP'ing. I guess it's all down to how many people you can get to help and what you prefer to do. I'd like to just be the proverbial fly on a wall for this. Its bound to be entertaining in some way.

"Party in Elektro. Free punch and pie."

Edited by GiggityGump

this sounds like a good idea and a load of fun.

I would suggest that Elektro is a HUGE nut to try to crack staright off though. One of the smaller cities would be a good place to start and get your tactics worked out.

I would suggest that where ever you do take over, lay barbed wire in the most common sniper points if possible. This will stop the server hoppers from ghosting in as there is a good chance that they will spawn right on top of the jaggy stuff and I believe that this really does put a damper on your day. And try to herd the zeds with tank traps and sand bags. this could also be a good tactic when you have blind spots or want to protect a particularly vital area.

• Like 1

Once again to the folks afraid of hackers raining on the parade, we will contact the admin staff about this event and try to have them ready incase one shows up. It will be delt with fairly quickly.

Ladies and Gentlemen

We now have enough votes for the even to go! Once I get things sorted out such as a teamspeak server and a server where we will do this. Once again if you do wish to join, try to keep an eye out for wire/tank/bear traps and ammo because We will be controling a FULL city, not parts and it helps to have all that.

Once the thread for the official event is posted, I'll link it here. Keep checking back with this thread for more info!

Ladies and Gentlemen

We now have enough votes for the even to go! Once I get things sorted out such as a teamspeak server and a server where we will do this. Once again if you do wish to join, try to keep an eye out for wire/tank/bear traps and ammo because We will be controling a FULL city, not parts and it helps to have all that.

Once the thread for the official event is posted, I'll link it here. Keep checking back with this thread for more info!

I have about 2-3 wire fences and 2 tank traps that I'm never gonna use, add me on Skype at TechnicalReality or on Steam with ansemx13

I'm in, and I have a server we can run it on. We we can bounce it right before to maybe get some busses or trucks.

Hit me up

Sounds fun

Skype pm.pedro69er

Steam pedro69er

Edited by Pedro69er