Sign in to follow this  
alexthedude

Average Life Expectancy lowered when in a vehicle

1. It would lead to a numerically "lower" loss, but in the end the cost would have been higher due to not having any to spare.

2. See number 1. If it's based on time spent gathering to lose = bad then this entire mod is utter shit. I have fun gathering supplies with friends. Even if the vic blows up or gets stolen.

3. Lol

1. No, sorry, you're avoiding my point. If you spend 20 hours gathering 10 vehicles, and all but two are gone, then the cost is enormous. No person or group of a normal size needs ten vehicles. Most groups of players are 2-4 people, and so you really only need two or three. The OP was wasting time hoarding vehicles that were unneeded (and likely to be unused), and all of the unnecessary vehicles were destroyed. He lost 4/5 of his fleet. He could've reduced the losses by simply having 5 vehicles- one is enough to shorten travel times for gathering parts and other needed supplies. Using vehicles risks losing them- it's best to risk as little as possible, which is the entire point behind my argument. The inevitable outcome of any situation is that the vehicle is gone for good- and the only benefit is shortened travel times. Having multiple vehicles only subjects your vehicles to greater risk due to transporting them and securing them. It is difficult to transport a large number of vehicles successfully (as the OP has indicated) and it is difficult to place them such that they will not be found. I'm consolidating this with point 2 and so the next point will refer to your point 3.

3. Admit it- your assumption was wrong.

"Good on you" means good for you. ie If you aren't jealous then good for you, the subject can be dropped.

I'm waiting on you to admit that your point was wrong and that you don't know if I'm jealous or not. As you stated already, you cannot prove that I am jealous.

Most players can be profiled, I provided to profile and you fit. You denied and I pretty much said "Well alright then." Jesus H. Christ on a merry-go-round.

Ad hominem. Ignoratio elenchi, or fallcy of distraction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring_fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

I suggest that you read up on logical fallacies so you can learn to stop using them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Problem: You're not giving us a proper solution.

Solution: Stop talking.

What do you want me to say? There's a problem with losing vehicles. The obvious solution is to either A. Not use them period or B. Don't use more than you need. There's not a whole lot else that can be done because we aren't the developers. If you were smart, you'd have noticed that the OP didn't put this in bug reports and instead came here.

1. No, sorry, you're avoiding my point. If you spend 20 hours gathering 10 vehicles, and all but two are gone, then the cost is enormous. No person or group of a normal size needs ten vehicles. Most groups of players are 2-4 people, and so you really only need two or three. The OP was wasting time hoarding vehicles that were unneeded (and likely to be unused), and all of the unnecessary vehicles were destroyed. He lost 4/5 of his fleet. He could've reduced the losses by simply having 5 vehicles- one is enough to shorten travel times for gathering parts and other needed supplies. Using vehicles risks losing them- it's best to risk as little as possible, which is the entire point behind my argument. The inevitable outcome of any situation is that the vehicle is gone for good- and the only benefit is shortened travel times. Having multiple vehicles only subjects your vehicles to greater risk due to transporting them and securing them. It is difficult to transport a large number of vehicles successfully (as the OP has indicated) and it is difficult to place them such that they will not be found. I'm consolidating this with point 2 and so the next point will refer to your point 3.

3. Admit it- your assumption was wrong.

I'm waiting on you to admit that your point was wrong and that you don't know if I'm jealous or not. As you stated already, you cannot prove that I am jealous.

Ad hominem. Ignoratio elenchi, or fallcy of distraction.

http://en.wikipedia....herring_fallacy

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ad_hominem

I suggest that you read up on logical fallacies so you can learn to stop using them.

http://en.wikipedia....st_of_fallacies

What do you want me to say? There's a problem with losing vehicles. The obvious solution is to either A. Not use them period or B. Don't use more than you need. There's not a whole lot else that can be done because we aren't the developers. If you were smart, you'd have noticed that the OP didn't put this in bug reports and instead came here.

1. Look at it this way. You have two units. One with 100 men, and one with 1,000 men. You send them both on separate charges.

100 man crew loses 57 people, 1,000 man crew loses 184.

Which one lose more? The one with 1,000. Who suffered worse losses as a unit? The 100 man unit.

If you believe that searching for parts to vehicles is a "waste of time" then you shouldn't even be commenting on this thread. Why? Because you think searching for stuff is a waste of time, which is technically what makes this game fun. Searching for good loot right? When you play with friends, you could be scavenging for dog shit and it'd be fun if you're not a tight wad.

2. All you're simply saying is if he had less vehicles, less of them would have blown up. No shit? That doesn't mean the losses would have been less severe. He lost all but two because he had more to spare. What if he didn't have those extra two? He would have zero. Your point is null and void.

3.For fucks sake, did you...you know what, since you're too fucking blind to read what I wrote, you can bring this up all you want but I'm on topic. I already said if you're not jealous then good for fucking you. God damn. I'd like to call you retarded but then I'd be on your level since I'm a shit head and a moron.

---

I can profile you based on the normal actions of regular players.

---

Do you take me for an idiot? You throw out words like that when all you're pulling is a straw man argument.

Fancy words do not equate to a victorious argument or debate. It just shows you have different forms of shit to throw onto my monitor that still lack solid proof of the success of your opinion.

Edited by Pyro_Marine

1. Look at it this way. You have two units. One with 100 men, and one with 1,000 men. You send them both on separate charges.

100 man crew loses 57 people, 1,000 man crew loses 184.

Which one lose more? The one with 1,000. Who suffered worse losses as a unit? The 100 man unit.

You do understand that your argument falls flat, correct? Go back and read my argument- you'd notice that I kept the losses proportional. You didn't.

If you believe that searching for parts to vehicles is a "waste of time" then you shouldn't even be commenting on this thread. Why? Because you think searching for stuff is a waste of time, which is technically what makes this game fun. Searching for good loot right? When you play with friends, you could be scavenging for dog shit and it'd be fun if you're not a tight wad.

Later in your post, you mentioned (incorrectly) that I used a straw man argument. I'd like for you to actually read about what a straw man argument is because you're using one now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_argument

I never claimed that searching for parts is a waste of time. I said that the time spent searching for parts is wasted when the vehicle inevitably is gone.

2. All you're simply saying is if he had less vehicles, less of them would have blown up. No shit? That doesn't mean the losses would have been less severe. He lost all but two because he had more to spare. What if he didn't have those extra two? He would have zero. Your point is null and void.

Sorry, but not quite. Did you missed the math that I posted, or was it too complicated for you? He would've had less vehicles, but not necessarily zero. If his losses remained proportional, he would have only one if he had a much more reasonable 5 vehicles and would've lost less hours. Your point is null and void because you're not actually replying to my argument.

3.For fucks sake, did you...you know what, since you're too fucking blind to read what I wrote, you can bring this up all you want but I'm on topic. I already said if you're not jealous then good for fucking you. God damn. I'd like to call you retarded but then I'd be on your level since I'm a shit head and a moron.

I ask that you keep the insults to a minimum. This is all on topic because it is your original point; you said that I was jealous but you cannot prove this. Therefore, I am justified in demanding that you admit that your point is wrong.

I can profile you based on the normal actions of regular players.

Profiling is a very inaccurate application of psychology.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18380_the-6-most-statistically-full-shit-professions_p2.html

Do you take me for an idiot?

I do now.

You throw out words like that when all you're pulling is a straw man argument.

A straw man argument is where you reply to the opponent's argument as if their position were more extreme such that it is easier for you to respond to and harder for them to defend. For example...

Person A: I believe we should lower the drinking age.

Person B: I can't believe that you want nine year olds to drink!

Obviously Person B is misrepresenting Person A's argument. However, I have not done this.

To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

Fancy words do not equate to a victorious argument or debate.

I never said nor implied that it did. I'm starting to think that you're a fan of irrelevant points.

It just shows you have different forms of shit to throw onto my monitor that still lack solid proof of the success of your opinion.

That's one possibility. The other is that my vocabulary is greater than yours, which apparently consists of "fuck", "shit", and other vulgarities. Oh, and this is irrelevant as well.

You do understand that your argument falls flat, correct? Go back and read my argument- you'd notice that I kept the losses proportional. You didn't.

The idea still stands. If he had less, the losses would have been more severe. He more than likely would have ended up with zero.

Later in your post, you mentioned (incorrectly) that I used a straw man argument. I'd like for you to actually read about what a straw man argument is because you're using one now.

http://en.wikipedia....aw_man_argument

I never claimed that searching for parts is a waste of time. I said that the time spent searching for parts is wasted when the vehicle inevitably is gone.

I'm using one to counter yours. Problem?

Sorry, but not quite. Did you missed the math that I posted, or was it too complicated for you? He would've had less vehicles, but not necessarily zero. If his losses remained proportional, he would have only one if he had a much more reasonable 5 vehicles and would've lost less hours. Your point is null and void because you're not actually replying to my argument.

Because your point is invalid. You are trying to argue having less equals less damage (when it does literally) and that he would have been better off. I don't know about you but two > one. You even said in your post that if we kept it proportional, he would have only one left vs two. Again two > one.

I ask that you keep the insults to a minimum. This is all on topic because it is your original point; you said that I was jealous but you cannot prove this. Therefore, I am justified in demanding that you admit that your point is wrong.

Yet you called me a "shit head" and a "moron".

Hypocrisy? Check.

Profiling is a very inaccurate application of psychology.

http://www.cracked.c...essions_p2.html

I never said it had anything to do with psychology, but that it is easier to profile you with the other players.

I do now.

Then why argue with me?

A straw man argument is where you reply to the opponent's argument as if their position were more extreme such that it is easier for you to respond to and harder for them to defend. For example...

Person A: I believe we should lower the drinking age.

Person B: I can't believe that you want nine year olds to drink!

Obviously Person B is misrepresenting Person A's argument. However, I have not done this.

To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

You're trying to solicit particular parts of an argument and use them as lead points instead of answering to the entire thing. That's why the term was used.

I never said nor implied that it did. I'm starting to think that you're a fan of irrelevant points.

Yet you continue to bring them up. You bring up irrelevant items over and over. Again, you can do this but I can not? Hypocrisy? Check.

That's one possibility. The other is that my vocabulary is greater than yours, which apparently consists of "fuck", "shit", and other vulgarities. Oh, and this is irrelevant as well.

No, I just do not see the need to use words that will do nothing more than extend the debate. That's the problem with the English language. There is normally more than one word for each meaning. The amount of false intellect lead me to believe you want to sound intelligent. I have no need to SOUND intelligent when I've proven your point is invalid.

Would you prefer I swapped my preferred choice in words to something more complex? It's like using the word feces on a zombie forum instead of the word shit.

Should you require to feed your need of false intellect, there are plenty of forums where you may type all of the fancy words you want. This forum is not one of them.

----

And again, "fuck", "shit" - I may USE these words, but who was the first one to call names? That's right. You were.

Because I was a moron and a shit head....yet I'm lacking in vocabulary? Please entertain me some more. I do hope your brain doesn't burst into flames searching for more words to toss around in the hopes of trying to prove your insane idea correct.

----

Could someone pass ME the popcorn? This is rather entertaining and I'd like a snack while I wait.

• Like 1

You would be surprised how much your life expectancy can increase with a motorbike. I've done laps around NWAF with dickbag snipers trying to shoot me with their AS50s and failing miserably. You can VERY quickly put a kilometre between you and whoever is trying to kill you with a motorbike.

You would be surprised how much your life expectancy can increase with a motorbike. I've done laps around NWAF with dickbag snipers trying to shoot me with their AS50s and failing miserably. You can VERY quickly put a kilometre between you and whoever is trying to kill you with a motorbike.

As long as you're not driving directly towards or away from them lol xD

Problem: Vehicles in the game get destroyed too easy and it has been mentioned by, Rocket.

Solution: You stop being so jealous you can't find a vehicle.

I don't even know this guy, but I'm not going to be a whiny bitch about his success.

Good comeback bro.

Hoarding vehicles doesn't cause them to blow up. Crashing, bullets and rockets do.

Hoarding vehicles on a server makes the server lack vehicles, so if someone see you they will shoot, no matter what. Why? Because you have all the vehicles.

And why would anyone be jelaous on some random guy on a board? Not even on the same server :) I could not give a rats ass what people on a server I am not on do.

Hiding 10 vehicles is just as easy as hiding 1 ? It just takes more time ? Well, becoming a body builder is easy, it just takes time. Learning to fly a plane is easy, it just takes more time then learning to drive a car.

Everything is easy, some things just takes more time. Well... kinda depends on how you define "easy" :)

The long argument between the two of you is prob better to just keep between you, don`t see any "winners" there anyway.

But when op asked a question Edward b gave one answer. "Don`t hoard vehicles", while this might not be the best answer, it`s something he can actually do. Hoarding most of the vehicles on a server will make you a "wanted" survivor. Why? Because you have something everyone else wants in a game where killing is the main point.

Your answer to op was: and not even to the op, but to the guy providing another answer. And your suggestion was:

"Problem: Vehicles in the game get destroyed too easy and it has been mentioned by, Rocket." -> so... how to fix this, ah, that`s right you can`t :)

"Solution: You stop being so jealous you can't find a vehicle." -> I know this is not a "serious" solution, but come on! When you start of like this it`s kinda strange to hop right up on your high horse 2 posts lower down. Why would he be jealous? He is not even on the same server.

And to top it of:

"I don't even know this guy, but I'm not going to be a whiny bitch about his success."

But you whine about vehicles not beeing able to take dmg ? So whine about stuff you can`t fix ? nah, I would rather shoot the guy hoarding 10+ vehicles and steal one :)

Do you honestly blame someone for thinking you where trolling? You seem like a smart guy (assumption), can you seriously say that you where not "fishing" for an argument?

But over to what the op asked :)

When I find a vehicle I find myself as a target aswell, but it makes sense. You are easy to spot, you make alot of noise, and you have a freakin car !

You can`t do much about the cars, they don`t take dmg well (some better then others as said in the post already) and invisible barriers are a bitch, sure.

Slowing down ALOT seems to help, and staying out of towns, driving around them.

But I can`t help thinking I am "Preatching to the choir" here. If you have 10 cars you prob already know about these tips. If not I hope they helped :)

Best regards.

Edited by Raventhorn

Nice, you actually find vehicles unlike me. Guess it is just luck. Unlucky also!

Cars will instafix if you get out and in after an impact. Sure, it's a bit of an exploit but getting massive engine damage from bumping into some rubble or a fence is stupid.

So true man.. I've gone through to uaz's in the past day..

Could someone pass ME the popcorn? This is rather entertaining and I'd like a snack while I wait.

*passes popcorn*

Anyone watch The Walking Dead?

Remember when they brought that brand new red car back to camp, and the same night they were ambushed by zombies?

That's proof right there that you shouldn't hoard vehicles.. Bad things happen when you bring excess into a SURVIVAL game..

Didn't Rambo teach y'all anything?

As long as you're not driving directly towards or away from them lol xD

Good luck trying to hit someone going 100kph on a road.

You know you're on the Day Z forum when the one thing being discussed about in depth is the comeback to some hate.

-MONSTER

Hoarding vehicles on a server makes the server lack vehicles, so if someone see you they will shoot, no matter what. Why? Because you have all the vehicles.

And why would anyone be jelaous on some random guy on a board? Not even on the same server :) I could not give a rats ass what people on a server I am not on do.

Hiding 10 vehicles is just as easy as hiding 1 ? It just takes more time ? Well, becoming a body builder is easy, it just takes time. Learning to fly a plane is easy, it just takes more time then learning to drive a car.

Everything is easy, some things just takes more time. Well... kinda depends on how you define "easy" :)

The long argument between the two of you is prob better to just keep between you, don`t see any "winners" there anyway.

But when op asked a question Edward b gave one answer. "Don`t hoard vehicles", while this might not be the best answer, it`s something he can actually do. Hoarding most of the vehicles on a server will make you a "wanted" survivor. Why? Because you have something everyone else wants in a game where killing is the main point.

Your answer to op was: and not even to the op, but to the guy providing another answer. And your suggestion was:

"Problem: Vehicles in the game get destroyed too easy and it has been mentioned by, Rocket." -> so... how to fix this, ah, that`s right you can`t :)

"Solution: You stop being so jealous you can't find a vehicle." -> I know this is not a "serious" solution, but come on! When you start of like this it`s kinda strange to hop right up on your high horse 2 posts lower down. Why would he be jealous? He is not even on the same server.

And to top it of:

"I don't even know this guy, but I'm not going to be a whiny bitch about his success."

But you whine about vehicles not beeing able to take dmg ? So whine about stuff you can`t fix ? nah, I would rather shoot the guy hoarding 10+ vehicles and steal one :)

Do you honestly blame someone for thinking you where trolling? You seem like a smart guy (assumption), can you seriously say that you where not "fishing" for an argument?

But over to what the op asked :)

When I find a vehicle I find myself as a target aswell, but it makes sense. You are easy to spot, you make alot of noise, and you have a freakin car !

You can`t do much about the cars, they don`t take dmg well (some better then others as said in the post already) and invisible barriers are a bitch, sure.

Slowing down ALOT seems to help, and staying out of towns, driving around them.

But I can`t help thinking I am "Preatching to the choir" here. If you have 10 cars you prob already know about these tips. If not I hope they helped :)

Best regards.

Hehe, people are gonna shoot at ya anyways. :P

I profiled him as your average DayZ survivor for kicks. He sure got his feathers ruffled.

Wasn't whining about the damge, merely saying they get damaged very easily and it's a pain. Someone pointing out a fault isn't a whine. Look a few posts back for something in all caps that looks like it was written by a twelve year old. That's an example of a whine. :P :P

I don't hoard vics myself, but I'm not gonna get upset if someone does. Gives me something to hunt. twisted.gif

Good comeback bro.

Thanks. I got it off a tree.

*passes popcorn*

Fuck yeah!

popcorn.gif

Didn't Rambo teach y'all anything?

He ate my soul :(

Hehe, people are gonna shoot at ya anyways. :P

Hehe, true :)

I profiled him as your average DayZ survivor for kicks. He sure got his feathers ruffled.

Not everyone likes beeing "profiled" you know :) and you said a few things that made no sense yourself.

"Jeaolus of his succsess" considering his "succsess" was collecting 10 cars, witch is according to your logic just as easy as finding one, it just takes more time :)

Wasn't whining about the damge, merely saying they get damaged very easily and it's a pain. Someone pointing out a fault isn't a whine. Look a few posts back for something in all caps that looks like it was written by a twelve year old. That's an example of a whine. :P :P

Fair enough, they do take some strange dmg sometimes and not much to do about it. I will give you this :)

I don't hoard vics myself, but I'm not gonna get upset if someone does. Gives me something to hunt. twisted.gif

Good point, but when one guy have 10 vehicles it kinda makes him the duck in the crosshair of most players ingame, all the time.

Let`s hope something is being done with the fragile state of vehicles.

Cheers :)

All I know is when I found a tractor I jumped in and rocked out some Wersels, nothing beats the Evil Aliens referance, mowing down zombies while singing.

I GOT A BRAND NEW COMBINE HARVESTER AND I'LL GIVE YOU THE KEY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMY62rb_xDY

Edited by Axz
  • Like 1

Hoarding vehicles is stupid, and thus I think you're ineptitude of driving serves you well. I've never had any problems driving motorized vehicels. The bike, on the other hand...

Hehe, true :)

Not everyone likes beeing "profiled" you know :) and you said a few things that made no sense yourself.

"Jeaolus of his succsess" considering his "succsess" was collecting 10 cars, witch is according to your logic just as easy as finding one, it just takes more time :)

Fair enough, they do take some strange dmg sometimes and not much to do about it. I will give you this :)

Good point, but when one guy have 10 vehicles it kinda makes him the duck in the crosshair of most players ingame, all the time.

Let`s hope something is being done with the fragile state of vehicles.

Cheers :)

Meh, he could have just said he wasn't jealous. His tone changed, so I got hostile. (:< lol

I don't have any vehicles right now, but I'm always the duck in the cross hair. :( lol

I stopped riding with the Reddit Rescue Mobile because of the amount of stupid deaths we experienced.

A couple of days ago I found a tractor. I was being chased by Zeds and was so excited that I didn't have to go on foot anymore so I boarded it and immediately went full throttle. But...just 5 meters in front of the tractor was a tree and I bumped it. I thought it was still fine to drive untill it exploded, seconds later. Now I'm uncounscious, bleeding and not logging in anymore untill the next update.