Iezza

2 new gun suggestions

so basically another ironsight LMG and an ak74u clone...

If it is the vz. 58 then it isn't a ak74u clone. In fact it's a completely different rifle, resembles the AK47 only visually. It also fires 7.62mm, not 5.45mm as the AK74s.

Someone already said it, but the Vz.58 is not an SMG, it's an assault rifle.

Some weapons I think should be added to the game (and removed)

>Mosin Nagant (replaces Enfield No.4 Mk1 as the Enfield has no place in Chernaurus. It's used by the real life Taliban in Afghanistan or the fictional Takistani Insurgents in the game)

>SKS, variants don't really matter but no Chinese Type 56 clones, Russian, Polish or Yugoslavian models would make better sense

>Vz.61 Skorpion

>Tokarev (replaces M1911), variants don't matter but as with the SKS, any but Chinese clones

>Cz.52 pistol

>PKM

>RPK-74

American and British weapons make some sense, since they would be the last remaining forces trying to stop the infection so they would be in the area. But the weapons should not be as ubiquitous as they are now.

Desert eagle pls.

Is this a christmas wishlist or what? How does that fit into a post-Soviet state? How are you ever going to find .50AE ammo for it?

I want the Stechkin APS, because it already uses the same ammo as the Makarov but is automatic capable and would have the option of attaching a shoulder rest.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Stechkin_APS

The TT-33 Tokarev Pistol, uses 7.62x25mm Tokarev rounds. 1.7 million produced. Versions made also by Warsaw Pact nations, China, North Korea, and so on. Still widely used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT_pistol

The PPSh-41, because 6 million were produced! It also uses 7.62x25mm Tokarev rounds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPSh-41

Edited by James_Manring

Tbh, War, they are supposed to be that rare. It's just that what with all the rampant hacking they have become so common. : ( I have actually never found a AS50 in any barracks or crash site only on players (although it's so loud it's useless for me, SVD ftw). I have found many CZ's, though!

As for the PKM, yes please! Such a stylish and nice weapon. I really want some more WCP weapons and less NATO ones, tbh, as I've always liked the shape of the WCP weapons more... So rugged and manly... ROAR!

Is this a christmas wishlist or what? How does that fit into a post-Soviet state? How are you ever going to find .50AE ammo for it?

I want the Stechkin APS, because it already uses the same ammo as the Makarov but is automatic capable and would have the option of attaching a shoulder rest.

The TT-33 Tokarev Pistol, uses 7.62x25mm Tokarev rounds

http://en.wikipedia....i/Tokarev_TT-33

The PPSh-41, because 6 million were produced! It also uses 7.62x25mm Tokarev rounds

Forgot importing goods was abolished shortly before the apocalypse. My bad...

What about the Mx weapons? The Enfield? How did they end up in Chernaraus? Hurr durr of the day.

The TT-33 Tokarev Pistol, uses 7.62x25mm Tokarev rounds

http://en.wikipedia....i/Tokarev_TT-33

Not that im advocating the addition of the DE(i think itsa terrible gun) it can be chambered for .357

I did have the PPSH as an idea for the SMG, but i tried having models that were in arma, so these could be added right now, at this very moment.

Double Post.

Edited by Iezza

Forgot importing goods was abolished shortly before the apocalypse. My bad...

What about the Mx weapons? The Enfield? How did they end up in Chernaraus? Hurr durr of the day.

Do you have any clue as to the history of the Lee Enfield? Mx weapons? You mean Mk. as in Mk.(Mark)48? That one could likely be here if US forces had intervened right before the outbreak, but should be removed just the like AS50 should be removed unless there is an actual US military camp on the map. You need to go read before you type here and make a fool of yourself by trying to be a dick to others. The only hurr durr of the day came from you. The only problems I have with the Lee Enfield are the ammo that it is chambered for here. It should be chambered for and using Soviet ammunition, although to be honest there are likely a lot of the imported variety too and that would be confusing. Your Desert Eagle on the other hand would be the rarest weapon in the game and ammo for it would be completely absent, especially being that not even intervening NATO forces would carry it. At least the Lee Enfield has a long history of being used for over a century in conflicts around the world.

To be honest I think you just enjoy being a contrarian and hate that someone called you out on being illogical. If you want a Desert Eagle, fine, mod it in, but don't make the rest of us suffer through your Arcade experience. Did you even pay attention to my statement about finding NO ammunition for your gun? The other weapons, which for some reason you cannot understand, would logically have ammunition for them around, especially a rifle that has been around for over a century and is commonly still used as a hunting rifle. Don't get me wrong, I love the Desert Eagle, but it has no place in a Post-Soviet State. There would be no ammunition for it and you would be extremely lucky to find one on the whole map with a single clip in it. There have not even been that many of the gun produced. The likelyhood of a gun showing up on the map should be somewhat proportional to the amount produced and how many of them were in the Soviet Union. Chernarus being a Post-Soviet State was actually part of the USSR, and thus would have actual Soviet hardware, not just Warsaw Pact knockoffs.

Not that im advocating the addition of the DE(i think itsa terrible gun) it can be chambered for .357

I did have the PPSH as an idea for the SMG, but i tried having models that were in arma, so these could be added right now, at this very moment.

.357 would still be hard to find in a Post-Soviet State. Not quite as bad, but still not common enough to rely on it. Also, how often do you find the DE chambered for that round instead of the .50AE? It would be nice to have a magnum round if it was logical.

Weapons that could be added right now are a great suggestion. Aren't there any mods where the guns could be borrowed from? I'm pretty sure I have seen one or two with these pieces in them. It looks like we'll have DayZ as our own personal playground soon to combine with other mods as Rocket is pretty much abandoning this in lieu of the stand alone. I read that pretty much this mod was going to be given away to the community soon. Some talented folks could put together some of the scripts from a few other modders and make a DayZ+ that had sensible weapons, proper flashlights, and a bit larger of a map.

Edited by James_Manring

Desert Eagles are also chambered for .44 Magnum and .357 Magnum, neither of which are horribly hard ammo types to find. Also, who's to say that someone didn't travel from Israel to Chernarus with a desert eagle? Is it really that farfetched considering the 2 are joined by land?

But back on topic - I'd like to see more civilian weapons than military. Things like .38 special, .38 snubnose, hunting rifles, AR15s etc

I believe that there should be a fucktonne of weapons added in though, even if they overlap in use, to provide the player with more choice on what they want to use

Edited by KnT47r

LET ME USE MY HUNTING KNIFE TO KILL PEOPLE FOR FUCK SAKES!

AND GIVE ME A FUCKING SPAS 12!

• Like 1

but should be removed just the like AS50 should be removed unless there is an actual US military camp on the map.

The AS50 is a British rifle, so I don't see what US military camps have to do with them.

The only problems I have with the Lee Enfield are the ammo that it is chambered for here. It should be chambered for and using Soviet ammunition, although to be honest there are likely a lot of the imported variety too and that would be confusing.

There are only two calibers that they Lee Enfield was ever chambered in; .303 British and 7.62x51 NATO (2A and 2A1 Ishapore rifles, made in limited numbers as a stopgap rifle). 7.62 NATO conversions for No4s were done by the British to act as a reserve rifle but they are either destroyed or locked up tight in storage today. There are no variants in Soviet calibers. Conversions for 7.62x54R exist, but they are done at the user level and were never in production.

The reason why the Enfield is even in the game is because of the Takistan map, which is supposed to be the equivalent of Afghanistan and the insurgents are supposed to be the counterparts to the real life Taliban, who use Lee Enfields because of the massive British surplus in the area.

It would make more sense if the Enfield was removed in DayZ and replaced with the Mosin-Nagant like the 91/30 or M44.

The other weapons, which for some reason you cannot understand, would logically have ammunition for them around, especially a rifle that has been around for over a century and is commonly still used as a hunting rifle.

There are very very few people who use the .303 for hunting anymore. And there is no reason why .303 would be in Eastern Europe. The last of the milsurp .303 dried up in the 1970s and 80s. The only milsurp .303 you possibly find now is from Pakistani Ordnance Factories, which is horrible *click*........................*BANG* stuff. Only modern commerical .303 is readily available and it's not very common to see in places other than gunshows, the internet, or places like Cabela's. It's quite expensive too.

Also, how often do you find the DE chambered for that round instead of the .50AE?

It's actually quite common to see .44 Magnum ones. I see them at gunshows more than I see .50AE models.

Edited by GruntyAssassin

Id like to see damaged weapons, that might jam on you, and it takes a reload to de-jam. simulated gun condition in other words. duds within the clips would be interesting too.

realiability issues would be interesting additions , you might also have the option to strip down and clean the weapon(only in residential areas, maybe even on a table).

.22 would be cool too.

I agree that more variety in the low caliber, civilian weapon class would be very interesting. also would be cool if there were MANY different guns using the .45 type ammo, gimme a sig p229 SAS!!

DayZ can't/won't use content from other mods, it is basically a poc of a commercial product it would open up to much liability for them to use community content in a corporate release.

I don't get all the gun circle jerks, mosin/lee are close enough to the same thing that it doesn't matter. Also E Europe sucks as a shtf location, I hope they are using it just because its there and they don't want to waste time/money making their own map/world at this point. IMO standalone custom map needs to be in America where there are 12 guages and .22's in every other closet, WSSM is used on deer, and there are enough gun freaks to justify putting in just about anything.