melted349

Server Ban for AS50 TWS: Debate

Server Ban for "illegal" items?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's ok to ban a player (server level) for having "illegal" items?

• Yes - Ban those cheatin' suckers (even though they're not technically cheating)
    • No - It's against the rules!
    • Undecided - Ban, don't ban, people will still find a way to cheat.

I just wanted to say my only reason for voting AGAINST any sort of ban is that you really don't know what the story is behind the weapon they have. I recently invited a friend of mine who is a very new player to Day-Z. One of the first things she did when she came in was find a dead body, and it had a PDW SD in it. Obviously, a PDW SD is not a legitimate weapon. She didn't know that. I didn't realize she even had it until way later. How was she supposed to know? Would it be her fault to get banned from carrying it around? She still has it, as far as I know - so I don't know what to tell her to do if she'll get banned from certain servers simply by logging into them.

DayZ staff has SPECIFICALLY said we cant ban or kick for possession of hacked weapon.

Will edit this thread with link when I find it again.

Don't bother, we will continue the way we have been doing things, be ause it make sense. Saying you cant remove someone from your server who is knowingly using an illegal weapon/vehicle make no sense what so ever.

The game is database driven so every item in game spawns from the database. I'm not a programmer but logically speaking it doesn't sound hard to put in code or remove code for the illegal items?

Don't bother, we will continue the way we have been doing things, be ause it make sense. Saying you cant remove someone from your server who is knowingly using an illegal weapon/vehicle make no sense what so ever.

It does, stop being a retarded admin abuser! Rules says you CANT.

The game is database driven so every item in game spawns from the database. I'm not a programmer but logically speaking it doesn't sound hard to put in code or remove code for the illegal items?

Well technically speaking the game is not database driven. The hive (database) for the mod was developed as a way to save items, locations, characters, etc for this mod. ARMA 2 doesn't really have anything to do with the database. But it would seem like it would be possible for the devs to simply remove all entries from the DB that contain an item that no longer spawns in game. Setup like a maintenance query more like, that runs daily or weekly, purging old records that are no longer needed and removing "invalid" entries.

However the devs have not taken this approach because they apparently don't feel that it is necessary,

• Like 1

Well technically speaking the game is not database driven. The hive (database) for the mod was developed as a way to save items, locations, characters, etc for this mod. ARMA 2 doesn't really have anything to do with the database. But it would seem like it would be possible for the devs to simply remove all entries from the DB that contain an item that no longer spawns in game. Setup like a maintenance query more like, that runs daily or weekly, purging old records that are no longer needed and removing "invalid" entries.

However the devs have not taken this approach because they apparently don't feel that it is necessary,

If they wanted it to be like this it would already have been done. Havent you noticed everything about this game is hacker friendly?

We will continue with our policy. Two months, no complaints, no reports for "retarded admin abuse"

You're invited over anytime to try your luck.

If they wanted it to be like this it would already have been done. Havent you noticed everything about this game is hacker friendly?

Just so it's clarified, the game that's hacker friendly is ARMA 2, not the DayZ mod. As an original ARMA 2 player before any of the expansions, after the expansions and a returning player for DayZ mod, the game has actually benefited a lot from this mod. This mod has brought on so much more attention to the ARMA 2 game that it's ever had before. The game has always been wide open to hacks, and even more were created when the DayZ mod became so popular. But because of this added attention, the company responsible for the anti-cheat system finally got off their butts and are now scrambling to try and patch up all of the flaws.

So for any original ARMA 2 players out there, you know the game is a lot less "hacker friendly" now that it use to be.

We will continue with our policy. Two months, no complaints, no reports for "retarded admin abuse"

You're invited over anytime to try your luck.

Then you SHOULD be blacklisted!

Just so it's clarified, the game that's hacker friendly is ARMA 2, not the DayZ mod. As an original ARMA 2 player before any of the expansions, after the expansions and a returning player for DayZ mod, the game has actually benefited a lot from this mod. This mod has brought on so much more attention to the ARMA 2 game that it's ever had before. The game has always been wide open to hacks, and even more were created when the DayZ mod became so popular. But because of this added attention, the company responsible for the anti-cheat system finally got off their butts and are now scrambling to try and patch up all of the flaws.

So for any original ARMA 2 players out there, you know the game is a lot less "hacker friendly" now that it use to be.

I too is an old ArmA2 player. We never had this hacker problem before DayZ. All DayZ has brought us is COD players and retards that wont even TRY ArmA2 or its other mods.

The game hasnt benefitted shit, since this is only a mod. Players refuse to try "the game", thus it hasnt benefitted at all. I saw the trailer for this mod and I was "Oh wow, cool". You play it and its all "Oh, I spawned, walked, then was killed for doing nothing at all".

Bandits are the lowest of human filth. I'd rather have 10 hackers than 1 bandit. (Undisruptive hackers that is, and yes, there IS a difference. Cheating isnt cheating.)

Now over to what I ment:

The rules of dayz promote hackers. We arent really allowed to ban for suspicion, which really should be enough. We shouldnt have to report to anyone what actions we take, or dont take, UNLESS a specific ban is asked about, or disputed.

I don't think it really matters much anymore, such a huge percentage of people now have them and the numbers of duped ones are huge. There's little point bothering trying to police it anyway. You would literally end up banning 50%+ of your server.

Then you SHOULD be blacklisted!

We make sure our server is free of scripters/hackers/cheaters. It is not our fault that the current rule set caters to those exact people. It boggles most SA's minds that the rules haven't been updated. You continue on with your campaign to get servers blacklisted who are just trying to make an enjoyable place for people to play DayZ.

We make sure our server is free of scripters/hackers/cheaters. It is not our fault that the current rule set caters to those exact people. It boggles most SA's minds that the rules haven't been updated. You continue on with your campaign to get servers blacklisted who are just trying to make an enjoyable place for people to play DayZ.

Possession is NONE of those three!

Cheater, using something that is not legitimatly in the game (common sense), problem is this community is severely lacking in it.

Since DayZ, is as it has been said, a mod for a game, a game which has a much higher ammount of weapons and equipment than the mod does. Those can be easily added to the mod, since they already are in the game, just missing a spawnpoint. When DayZ goes standalone later this year, this problem will be alot smaller, since the guns in the game will be the same as the guns the game have access to. I dont think a solution is possible for the original mod, not at the current state of affairs anyway.

• Like 2

The fact that people 'continue' to argue semantics on this is beyond me.

Answer me this: If a server admin told you to get rid of an AS50 TWS in your possession, would you comply or tell them to kick rocks?

Possibly reported? Lol what are you going to report?

To other server owners who are interested.

Because unless the player spawned the weapon themselves, they've done nothing wrong.

Lets put this into perspective, this is an alhpa, there are a set of guns in the game for testing, these players have acquired ones that are not part of the game and I doubt they want them just to look at. I had 3 people join our server today when we already had 20 players on - all three of them with hacked weapons. I am sure their intentions are to use the guns, I would rather they did not. They are welcome to play somewhere else that accepts this and is happy to go with your Scenerio 1 (innocent noob picks up uber hacked weapon [pretty unlikely, possible, but unlikely]).

And I like how you wish you could turn that player into a pig and teleport them to the nearest player. Cuz that makes sense. You're upset that a player uses a weapon that was spawned in (likely not by them due to the new script detections), but your response would be to "cheat" and screw that player over hardcore. What if that nearest player doesn't kill the player pig? Then they are stuck as a pig forever?

No you get me wrong, I just thought it would be humorous and I was not being serious, altho... it would be funny (imvho) :-)

Reported to WHO? Its already been stated that YOU CANNOT ban/kick for this! STOP being a fucking admin abuser!

I would report to the community (where required [people who consistently connect with restricted weapons] - as people already do), I am not abusing admin powers, I am trying to help the game being played in the way it is designed. Anyone can contact admins of servers to be removed from banlists (we have forums, teamspeak etc..) - try to play on our server with guns that are not part of the game and you will have to go find somewhere else - I think this is fair for all the players who are trying to play Day Z legitimately. I could be wrong, but this is how I feel.

I get the combined opinion though, reporting is probably not required, I just wanted our work checking logs to be of use to other server admins with the same opinion over hacked weapons, and also some text to scare/put off players with these weapons.

Edited by Loque
  • Like 1

I would report to the community (where required [people who consistently connect with restricted weapons] - as people already do), I am not abusing admin powers, I am trying to help the game being played in the way it is designed. Anyone can contact admins of servers to be removed from banlists (we have forums, teamspeak etc..) - try to play on our server with guns that are not part of the game and you will have to go find somewhere else - I think this is fair for all the players who are trying to play Day Z legitimately. I could be wrong, but this is how I feel.

I get the combined opinion though, reporting is probably not required, I just wanted our work checking logs to be of use to other server admins with the same opinion over hacked weapons, and also some text to scare/put off players with these weapons.

Honestly I dont give a shit how you feel as long as you follow the rules.

The rules as given by DayZ staff (This overrules whatever an admin THINKS is right...) say you CANNOT remove a player for possession. Deal with it, or GTFO

Honestly I dont give a shit how you feel as long as you follow the rules.

The rules as given by DayZ staff (This overrules whatever an admin THINKS is right...) say you CANNOT remove a player for possession. Deal with it, or GTFO

No.

Another retard thinking AS50 TWS is a hacked weapon. Before you go ranting about a weapon that's according to nubs illegal do some research. The AS 50 TWS was in the game earlier but removed in patch 1.5... something.

You can still find one on a veteran player that you killed or someone who i.e. hasen't played since 1.5... and now decides to play again. I have 2 friends who played back then but stopped since and they both have an AS50 TWS in there backpack. So you would ban these guys because now they would play again.... seriously.

They may be more frequent now because of the trading/duping but people dupe anything and can't even hide there camps properly so when I find a AS 50 TWS I will grab one.

Don't believe me if you don't want to but even dayzwiki says what I'm saying if you go to weapons and then AS 50.

Thank god I am my own server admin and don't have to play on your retarded servers.

Edited by Neo1337

. And if there is a cheater leave and go to a nother server.

So people should leave the server they pay for because a hacker is there and we should not kick them? lol, not in this lifetime.

Cheaters are cheaters and need to be banned at every turn, then set on fire if possible, and people like you can join them too as we don't want hacker friendly people around here.

• Like 2

Cheating isnt cheating

Um...yes it is.

You use hacked weapons dont you?

You got banned for using them from somewhere didnt you?

Now your butthurt?

Good, pop on over to UK135 and I will ban you again for your hacked weapons.

But keep up the tears, they make me laugh so hard, and I need a laugh in between issuing all these bans for hacked weapons......

• Like 1