melted349

Server Ban for AS50 TWS: Debate

Server Ban for "illegal" items?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's ok to ban a player (server level) for having "illegal" items?

• Yes - Ban those cheatin' suckers (even though they're not technically cheating)
    • No - It's against the rules!
    • Undecided - Ban, don't ban, people will still find a way to cheat.

Well, atleast theres a few decent admins out there that follows the rules. If you break one rule, its just as easy to "overlook" another rule, and god knows what else you do..

Maybe you forge logs, or use them to your benefit? I wouldnt be surprised at all with that attitude.

Hacking is hacking, period. If it was ok to do it, there would be no need for AC software.

You lack Integrity, why should anyone listen to you when it comes to "These are the rules, you HAVE to follow them", when you do not follow the rules?

Like I said you cannot have it both ways, either follow the rules all the time, everywhere, or don't, if you choose the latter (which you have), don't come in here and preach "You have to follow the rules"

Hacking is hacking, period. If it was ok to do it, there would be no need for AC software.

You lack Integrity, why should anyone listen to you when it comes to "These are the rules, you HAVE to follow them", when you do not follow the rules?

Like I said you cannot have it both ways, either follow the rules all the time, everywhere, or don't, if you choose the latter (which you have), don't come in here and preach "You have to follow the rules"

WOW! What a fucking child... ALl you can do is repeat yourself? Thats fucking childish.

WOW! What a fucking child... ALl you can do is repeat yourself? Thats fucking childish.

I have to, you do not seem to get the point. Your credibility is ZERO, you are a self admitted hacker, why would anyone listen to you?

I am amazed at the cognitive dissonance it must require for somebody to say "I demand that you follow the rules about not punishing me for not following the rules."

I think maybe some of you guys just need to say it out loud, to yourself. Sometimes things don't sound crazy until you hear them.

I am amazed at the cognitive dissonance it must require for somebody to say "I demand that you follow the rules about not punishing me for not following the rules."

I think maybe some of you guys just need to say it out loud, to yourself. Sometimes things don't sound crazy until you hear them.

I havent said that.

I have to, you do not seem to get the point. Your credibility is ZERO, you are a self admitted hacker, why would anyone listen to you?

Oh right. I guess since I drive over the speedlimit, that means I cant follow any of the others rules of modern society..

Child.

And no, I am not. I have never hacked in this game. So just shut the fuck up :)

Rogue admins are half the problem with this game now. Don't want to follow the rules? Fuck off and make your server private hive so we can all stay away from it.

• Like 1

Rogue admins are half the problem with this game now. Don't want to follow the rules? Fuck off and make your server private hive so we can all stay away from it.

You, my dear Sir, have got my beans.

Just to clear something up, yeah, I might be a fucktard for hacking in other games, hate as much as you want on that part. And thats my fucking choice, I dont play disruptivly, so fuck off.

On the note of DayZ/ArmA2. I have NEVER ever cheated in this game, and I wont either. Believe that if you want, dont believe it if you want, but just shut the fuck up about it, I dont care? Ok?

There is sure as hell alot of other admins that should be blacklisted before me. Say.. Admin abusers? ;) Admins not following rules, thinking community rules override DayZ rules.. They should be blacklisted fast as fuck.

• Like 1

Oh right. I guess since I drive over the speedlimit, that means I cant follow any of the others rules of modern society..

Child.

And no, I am not. I have never hacked in this game. So just shut the fuck up :)

Your credibility is Zero because you are a hacker, nothing to do with speeding, I speed on a daily basis.

What is your fascination with children? I am 44 years old, I have 3 kids.

I never said you hacked in this game, but anyone who hacks in numerous other games and then tries to say "You must follow the rules" in another, well if you can't see the problem with that.....

Oh, one more thing:

Boneboys DayZ Forum Team: AndreasB if you have a real problem just make out a report in the correct Forum.

Your credibility is Zero because you are a hacker, nothing to do with speeding, I speed on a daily basis.

What is your fascination with children? I am 44 years old, I have 3 kids.

I never said you hacked in this game, but anyone who hacks in numerous other games and then tries to say "You must follow the rules" in another, well if you can't see the problem with that.....

Oh, one more thing:

Boneboys DayZ Forum Team: AndreasB if you have a real problem just make out a report in the correct Forum.

Thankfully, I', not old as fuck. Im still 26 :)

Fascination with children? None whatsoever, youre just acting like one.

No, I dont see the problem with that.

Maybe you should follow that last bit yourself, and shut the fuck up?

So if someone was flying a Blackhawk around and lighting everything up, you would not ban them?

I would look in the logs and see if they spawn the BlackHawk if they did they would be gone if they didn't I would restart the server Blackhawk Gone No bans But the ones that spawned it ...

One so called hack free server ,The Funny part is that there is one sever that ban and kick for hacked weapons and I went in there server and just set back and watched seen some crazy shit they spawned in a chopper and he was Tping around then he log out..I was Like WTF !!!

Then i just laughed my ass off Because We have a Hypocrite...

As I have stated before, I interpret the wording of the rules* to mean that you should not ban people for posessing these weapons unless they are the ones who have spawned them. There are far too many inexperienced players who simply don't know what is or isn't in the game.

Yes, this is a major problem and a database-side fix would be the better way to deal with it, but it's not that simple given constraints we face.

There was a wipe of all the thermal .50 rifles a few versions back, including the less than ten legitimate ones. There are currently no legitimate AS50 TWS, M107 TWS or any thermal optics weapon, except for the L85A2 CWS.

* Which I took part in formulating.

• Like 1

Til the game is more secure and in a better running state why does it matter what weapon you are using? If someone picks up an AS50 TWS that doesn't mean they are automatically going to be killing the entire server.. The amount of butthurt over this crap is unreal.

• Like 1

We are using bounty hunter reports in our servers. It reveal player's coordinates to everyone in the server if he is carrying anything illegal in inventory, like this:

=OLUT= BOUNTY HUNTER REPORT Thu Jul 26 21:15:00 UTC 2012

PLAYER: CheaterX (ID: 21143557) CARRYING WEAPON: "BAF_AS50_TWS"

LAST SEEN 21:14 UTC AT COORDS X: 104 Y: 127

Til the game is more secure and in a better running state why does it matter what weapon you are using? If someone picks up an AS50 TWS that doesn't mean they are automatically going to be killing the entire server.. The amount of butthurt over this crap is unreal.

I do agree with you to some extent, considering the current ruleset. But I still believe AS50 and M107 thermal is giving such an unfair advantage that it shouldnt be allowed.

G36 for example doesnt really give any advantages.

We are using bounty hunter reports in our servers. It reveal player's coordinates to everyone in the server if he is carrying anything illegal in inventory, like this:

=OLUT= BOUNTY HUNTER REPORT Thu Jul 26 21:15:00 UTC 2012

PLAYER: CheaterX (ID: 21143557) CARRYING WEAPON: "BAF_AS50_TWS"

LAST SEEN 21:14 UTC AT COORDS X: 104 Y: 127

So you are abusing? That really shouldnt be allowed, and has to be against the rules somehow... You are using logs to give someone a benefit over others.

Edited by AndreasB

So you are abusing? That really shouldnt be allowed, and has to be against the rules somehow... You are using logs to give someone a benefit over others.

You cry as much as those who are using illegal weapons ;)

I do agree with you to some extent, considering the current ruleset. But I still believe AS50 and M107 thermal is giving such an unfair advantage that it shouldnt be allowed.

G36 for example doesnt really give any advantages.

To the average player, it is hardly much of an advantage. But why go out of your way so much to ban someone innocent or clueless using a gun they might not be sure of? It's retarded that people get upset over it.

You cry as much as those who are using illegal weapons ;)

I like fairness. You are being unfair to some players just because they have picked up a weapon.

What you are doing is AS BAD as using the info yourself to find players.

I like fairness. You are being unfair to some players just because they have picked up a weapon.

What you are doing is AS BAD as using the info yourself to find players.

And you call it fair if someone is using op weapon?

I can tell you, there isn't much players who are using these weapons in our servers, I call that as fair play.

Usually they just leave the server or drop that illegal item. Actually any of em haven't cried of giving their position up, this tells something..

And you call it fair if someone is using op weapon?

I can tell you, there isn't much players who are using these weapons in our servers, I call that as fair play.

Usually they just leave the server or drop that illegal item. Actually any of em haven't cried of giving their position up, this tells something..

Do they get a chance to drop it before you show their location to other players?

I stand by my comment that you actually are abusing your admin role when you show other players where someone is, regardless if they have a illegitimate weapon or not.

They arent saying anything because they are used to being banned if you say something to an admin in other games/mods...

Edited by AndreasB

I stand by my comment that you actually are abusing your admin role when you show other players where someone is, regardless if they have a illegitimate weapon or not.

Well you can have your opinion, but its wrong ;)

Well you can have your opinion, but its wrong ;)

You arent allowed to ban or kick for it, how the fuck did you come to the conclusion that revealing a players position is EVER ok?

When you cross that thing, what stops you from using other info to your own benefit?

As I have stated before, I interpret the wording of the rules* to mean that you should not ban people for posessing these weapons unless they are the ones who have spawned them. There are far too many inexperienced players who simply don't know what is or isn't in the game.

Yes, this is a major problem and a database-side fix would be the better way to deal with it, but it's not that simple given constraints we face.

There was a wipe of all the thermal .50 rifles a few versions back, including the less than ten legitimate ones. There are currently no legitimate AS50 TWS, M107 TWS or any thermal optics weapon, except for the L85A2 CWS.

* Which I took part in formulating.

If I give them a warning telling them the weapon/vehicle is not allowed in the game and it was hacked in, and they still decide to use it, they are removed from the server. That is a fair way to handle the situation.