Sign in to follow this  
DarkDreamerDom

Finding Your Perfect Gun

Howdy,

How many of us have found the perfect weapon in DayZ? The weapon we go in search of? The weapon that, when we find ammo for it, we never let it go - even though we don't have the room for it?

I just have.

It was called the M4A1 SD, Silenced assault rifle. The only rounds it takes are the STANAG SD rounds - not too common. My friend bumped into one and very selflessly gave it to me.

Call out to Poza35, Thankee Sai!

I went on to find all the ammo I could have asked for at a Heli-Crash site Ammo box. Sweet!

I now have a ghilly suit, silenced AR, silenced sidearm & (though this is very unnecessary) silenced MP5... oh yeah, I'm a ninja baby!

Has anyone else been in search of their fabled 'perfect' weapon?

Has anyone else found it?

...yeah. This is common for me. I've found the m4a1 SD countless times.

One time I found it by accident, other times I've found it by looking for it.

They spawn in both barracks at the Northwest airfield. They DO NOT spawn at heli crash sites.

I currently have two characters, one has a coyote pack, NVG, GPS, m4a1sd, AS50, DMR, PDW, all equipment besides rangefinders.

The other has NVG, GPS, L85a2, M107 and a DMR, plus two spare NVG googles and an m1911.

All I need now is a ghillie suit for both.

I just found the L85. Been looking for it for a month about.

Edited by Exanimous

M14 AIM

Most recently found in NWAF barracks.

Previous to that at a crashed heli and once at a tent in the middle of the map.

I have all the sd weapons you have, and a m4 holo

Edited by Bonehead3535

The M16 ACOG has always been my fav, since prying it out of the cold dead hands of a bandit that had just killed my buddy. I rolled with that gun for a month before getting killed. The guy was nice enough to leave all my gear on my body except the ACOG. That was back in the beginning of July, and i have been searching for a replacement since. Dozens of trips to the NWAF proved fruitless, and im not big into the PVP aspect, but i roll with PvPrs as med support and supplies. Even on our player hunting excursions we failed to collect one of those elusive ACOGs.

Found one last night in the NW Barracks, i am now complete.

I have all the sd weapons you have, and a m4 holo

I have all those AND im banging Jessica Alba on the weekends. Oh and my dad can beat your dad!

• Like 5

I have all those AND im banging Jessica Alba on the weekends. Oh and my dad can beat your dad!

Whatever You don't have to trust me.

Edited by Bonehead3535
  • Like 1

Honestly the one I've come to love the most is the normal MP5, can use so much ammo, doesn't draw a lot of attention, very controllable, not the best versus bandits or zombies in the open but being able to gull full auto with a pistol mag gives you a lot of options.

I have two favorites. I love me some DMR. Using the mil-dots makes me feel smart, and it's a great weapon for overwatch while a buddy raids a hospital or supermarket or heli crash site. Not great up close unless the server has crosshairs enabled, and a little loud, but it'll knock out a player so they Alt-F4, making it every bit as useful in a fight as an AS50, but without the humanity loss from killing a dude.

My other favorite is the PDW. Eats a lot of different ammo types, can use MP5 mags from primary inventory (so I can have lots of M203 ammo when I'm using that gun), sweet rate of fire for PvP, and can use SD ammo to control zombie aggro. Great piece.

But truth be told, I tend to prefer civilian weapons. The Enfield or 1866 can do most of what the M14 can do, and they're more common and more suited to my immersion. The CZ550 is possibly the sexiest rifle in the game. Why would you want a polymer stock when you can have a nice chunk of walnut?

For some reason, I just LOVE the combo of FN Fal in the hand, M14 AIM in backpack, and then a revolver.

Well sure, they are some of the loudest weapons in their classes in this game, but also very dangerous for the person that you're pointing it at...

• Like 1

Found my M4A3 CCO a while back, haven't really played a lot, afraid of losing it, only got one mag of sd stanag ammo, but man is it nice.

M16 Acog is my fav weapon, its a great mix of long range and close combat, I used to carry an AS-50 or DMR in my pack as well, but I am looking at strapping a Bizzon into the pack for zombie kills as well.

DMR ..i feel naked without it, i simply love the zoom in scope ability over any of the other scope types in the game. Once i find my baby i feel safe and content. I will complement it with either the ak74 kob or winnie, but the DMR is my favourite by a mile. Tried the as50 but i hate the size , the looks of it, the lack of smooth scope zoom and to me it just isnt something i feel i would be lugging around the countryside in rl.

I used to love the M4A1 CCO SD along with an AS50, but it got boring. I decided to mix it up a bit, and now I can't even go outside without an FN FAL or M14. <3 those guns.

I found an M14 AIM at airfield but I kind of wish I hadn't..

now when I die, I will spend hours trying to find it again, lesser weapons seem useless by comparison

I found an AS50-TWS along with M9 SD, and now they are all duplicated for my team (one of us always act as mule if we ever die). It incorporates a nice thermal vision along with around 25k up to 100k+ damage per shot.

If you want that weapon, I can give it to you, for free.

It's a rough choice for me between the M14 and the FN FAL. I hope tents come back soon so I don't have to choose.

I found an AS50-TWS along with M9 SD, and now they are all duplicated for my team (one of us always act as mule if we ever die). It incorporates a nice thermal vision along with around 25k up to 100k+ damage per shot.

If you want that weapon, I can give it to you, for free.

Trolololo

M14 just handles well. It feels right. I know I should like the MK 48 more. But I don't. Mixed feelings on all the snipers. I wanted to love the SVD but I didn't.

M14 just handles well. It feels right. I know I should like the MK 48 more. But I don't. Mixed feelings on all the snipers. I wanted to love the SVD but I didn't.

The M14 is the best all purpose gun in the game, in my opinion. Powerful, easy to use, effective at range, and with plentiful ammo. There's something to love about it for everybody. The MK 48 is interesting to me because it's basically an automatic M14, but I just find myself preferring a rifle over an MG.