drakenof

USELESS TENTS - stuff inside gets deleted

You know the classic deal.

Server restart ? No more stuff inside your tents bro !

This shit is making the ENTIRE concept of tents useless.

Like no point of having them at all.

Is the tent gone, or has it just spawned empty?

Spawned empty.

The OBJECT itself seems persistent ( tent model ), and stays no matter what, the ITEMS inside ( placed by the player ) though, gets deleted at every restart. Standard or crash.

We're currently testing that on EU7.

Since the VERY BEST uptime of a DayZ server is 24 hours ( and it's rare as hell ), you can see where the problem is.

Last two restarts have deleted my last two tents it seems, both disappeared with lots of cool loot I was stockpiling. A little silly to make the same mistake twice but I figured it was a one off, was wrong :( .

So different to the problem in this thread as it is not just the gear but the tents that have disappeared for me.

They were on the EU 2 Server.

Ok, test done on EU7 five minutes ago :

1. We placed a tent

2. I added some meat in the tent inventory

3. Classic server shutdown using RCON

4. Waiting for the server to come back online

5. Back online

6. No more meat in tent inventory

Result : tents in their actual state are useless as a pile of rock.

Once again strange as mine and Griff's appear to just be disappearing altogether.

Well, model disappearing or inventory disappearing, they're still useless in both cases. :)

I can confirm this with 1.5.4. Tried it twice today on FR3. Both times the tent was there but it's content was gone after server restart...

It was working perfectly fine with 1.5.3

Same for me. I was just changing stuff from my tent to my clan mates tent.

For a moment i had everything left in the tents and of course the server gotta crash in this one moment.

Well in the end (after server restart) i respawned near the two empty tents with all (yes ALL) equipment gone. So i tried sneaking naked into the next town..

I have an excellent use for tents. I found a couple satchel charges, so my plan is to put a tent in a prime spot. Place a satchel inside. Wait for someone with decent gear to check it out. BOOMS!!

Yep, Dallas 1 server, put a tent down, put a few items in to see if they would stay, logged off for the night, came back the next day, items are gone.

However, Vehicles are persistent and the items stay inside them it seems.

I hope they gonna fix that for 1.5.5, it's so frustrating to have NOTHING for stocking your items.

Same here, put a tent down on NY2 placed a few items in the tent, came back this morning after restart, and the tent is empty.

Ahahaha. I went back into the server after logging off because I read the forums after I play, and quick hopped back on to grab the loot out of our tent + tent. We thought someone had just been ROBBING us at our old location.

As I was running the loot from our tent to our nearby GAZ someone shot at me! Holy shit! It turned out to be one of my buddies who had also just logged back on without getting into Teamspeak, thinking I was some random near the cars. Good times!

Tents didn't save equipment on US2, DE1 and NY4 servers. Vehicles disappeared after server restart on DE1 and NY4 servers. Nothing works.

Workin on it folks. Tents are confirmed as being completely fucked up in the current build.... fml...

And sorry mate - it's shitty I know. I REALLY want to get it fixed its a complete bitch.

No need to be sorry.

Anyway, a friend told me that the inventory problem with tents wasn't present in 1.5.3, don't know if it's right or not, i have not been able to test that in good conditions ( locked server / clean restart ) at the time.

It's strange how the player inventory, on the other hand, almost never move ( crashes / restarts / anything, i barely never lost anything in my inventory ).

It's mainly related to referencing. The thing that broke DC, fixed characters (your avatar survives your disconnection). I switched to a new method of referencing tents that is more robust, but figuring out when a tent inventory has changed is problematic. Also, getting my new referencing method (generating a UID out of the position and orientation) has some issues, so "word isn't getting through"

On a non-busy server it works. On a busy one, it seems that it generates the UID before it can set the orientation. Meaning that the UID is wrong. Changes in 1.5.5 should fix this. The messages get through, but it has the wrong UID. So I hope this fixes it.

Vehicles are a bit more complex, cause those fuckers move.

Is that issue tied in with vehicles not showing up after a crash? Whole motor pool disappeared after some US servers came back up after crashing hard yesterday.

I rather post in an old thread than bring up a new thread.

Just wondering, if you set your tent, put items in your tent, and then pick back up your tent, will your items still be there when you place the tent back down?

If that work's, then I can see having some use of the tent, but I still love the idea having a tent save, so people can map campsite with there friends.