DaGolem

FreeTown - Standalone

MAYBE....

Free Town is a place for civilization the first starting piont for the new beginning. No Gun uses against other Players in FreeTown.

possible things in FreeTown:

a ) get a Flat (save Shelter for u and ur things)

b ) get ground for farming (food & breeding animals)

d ) defending (against Zombie waves)

e ) Build ( buildings - defending construction, Things, Clothes and so on...)

f ) trading

U lose all things in FreeTown after u are dieing!

Needs some (of more) possible things that make u go out off the Town:

1. Gas (for maschines, lights, generators).

2. Gold (for Trading or u are a good Trader in town)

3. Water? (for farming,animals...)

Think about it...many things are possible and it is logical that people rebuild the civilization.

Edited by DaGolem
  • Like 1

i like the idea. but many people wont because all they want to do is PVP and kill players like its COD.

i think it would be good and maybe have like a repair point. for your weapons. this means everyone will want to use this point but people need to get generator working and smelt tin cans for weapon repairs or something.

now watch all the haters say no bad idea to add a purpose to the game wahh wahh whahhh. you cant add NPC's or currency or objectives it will ruin it.

• Like 2

This could be possible once they sort building shelters or even underground areas for the standalone.

Once you can build your own then all you need to do is recreate your idea. You would need to enforce it yourself or get other people to help you.

Rocket has already said he wants to give people tools to make their own stories so this might be very unlikely to happen unless someone makes their own. Check Freeside Trading Co. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57811-event-freeside-trading-co-open-trading-83-85/

This could be possible once they sort building shelters or even underground areas for the standalone.

Once you can build your own then all you need to do is recreate your idea. You would need to enforce it yourself or get other people to help you.

Rocket has already said he wants to give people tools to make their own stories so this might be very unlikely to happen unless someone makes their own. Check Freeside Trading Co. http://dayzmod.com/f...-trading-83-85/

for this to hapen I think it should be a lengthy process and require maybe 5 people working together and only in specific areas. and then these buildings have to be repaired or they fall down. otherwise people would clutter the server with structures all over the map within a week and the server would glitch out and lag like my ex girfriend. and only the people that built these buildings can repair them so if they dont maintain it after a week they fall down and another group of players get to build something there

I don't think there should be places where weapons can't be fired, but I'm all for giving people incentives for not doing so.

As for currency, it wouldn't work without a power structure such as a state or large group of armed npc's who will vouch for the currency's value. If you take a look at a bank note you'll see that it is actually an IOU, it has no value in itself. There has to be someone you trust saying they owe you the printed value of the note for it to be worth anything. Gold would not be worth much in an apocalyptic society as the need for jewellery would be fairly low compared to the need for survival.

now watch all the haters say no bad idea to add a purpose to the game wahh wahh whahhh. you cant add NPC's or currency or objectives it will ruin it.

Disagreeing with you is not the same as going 'wahh wahh wahhh'.

• Like 2

I don't think there should be places where weapons can't be fired, but I'm all for giving people incentives for not doing so.

As for currency, it wouldn't work without a power structure such as a state or large group of armed npc's who will vouch for the currency's value. If you take a look at a bank note you'll see that it is actually an IOU, it has no value in itself. There has to be someone you trust saying they owe you the printed value of the note for it to be worth anything. Gold would not be worth much in an apocalyptic society as the need for jewellery would be fairly low compared to the need for survival.

correct. gold and jerlery or money would be useless unless you need paperweights or to start a fire with the money. ammunition, tin cans for recycling to make sheets of tin for building, oil, fuel, food, water, medical supplies would all be a form of currency. now people who dont want to trade will just shoot people for all these things of shoot people for a kill count still. but if there is a requirement for people to band together to build something this maye reduce this.

Problem Shooting;

Maybe...the shooting problem can be solved with many Dogs in Town. If someone fires a Single Shoot that the Dogs get him and kill him.

Problem Trading Gold:

Yeah Gold was for me a simple currency...only a idea not a have to.

The entire FreeTown idea is a WIP that can be changed in possible Ways. But the main idea is that there a shelter place for rebuild a civilisation for players they dont like only killing other people.

I think i would be a farmer and breeder ^^

I think for an economy to work it would have to be a batter based economy, since as you suggest in a post apocalyptic world money as we know it would become useless. A trading point that is a cross server exchange would help a batter system work.

There would have to be NPC's to auto-kill players who open fire in and near the town. The ARMA II has mechanics for that. If you friendly fire, a team will be sent after you to kill you. It would be similar to aggroing zeds, only that these guys have guns.

Edited by kebman

There would have to be NPC's to auto-kill players who open fire in and near the town. The ARMA II has mechanics for that. If you friendly fire, a team will be sent after you to kill you. It would be similar to aggroing zeds, only that these guys have guns.

Rocket has clearly stated that this will never happen. If players want a safe space, they'll have to enforce the peace themselves.

Rocket has clearly stated that this will never happen. If players want a safe space, they'll have to enforce the peace themselves.

I agree with that idea, but the problem is we need to be able to do this. At the moment it is not even imaginable, even if you could build an area it would become a sniper magnet for every tom, dick and hacker harry to tear apart legit players. I don't want to suggest a protected area but I don't know how you could do it any other way?

• Like 1

this is impossible for people who are hacking and server hoppers and people who only care for a kill count and nothing more thinking they are playing COD. the game is about survival not a kill count.

this is why they need to add a bigger threat then zombies. AI's or stronger faster, smarter zombies. how many times have you been killed by a zombie. I have been killed once in the last 3 months due to being KO'd after being shot by a player.

• Like 1

I agree with that idea, but the problem is we need to be able to do this. At the moment it is not even imaginable, even if you could build an area it would become a sniper magnet for every tom, dick and hacker harry to tear apart legit players. I don't want to suggest a protected area but I don't know how you could do it any other way?

You really can't develop a game around the fact that people are hacking. When the standalone comes the scripters can be dealt with and more features implemented.

Edited by Max Planck

MAYBE....

Free Town is a place for civilization the first starting piont for the new beginning. No Gun uses against other Players in FreeTown.

possible things in FreeTown:

a ) get a Flat (save Shelter for u and ur things)

b ) get ground for farming (food & breeding animals)

d ) defending (against Zombie waves)

e ) Build ( buildings - defending construction, Things, Clothes and so on...)

f ) trading

U lose all things in FreeTown after u are dieing!

Needs some (of more) possible things that make u go out off the Town:

1. Gas (for maschines, lights, generators).

2. Gold (for Trading or u are a good Trader in town)

3. Water? (for farming,animals...)

Think about it...many things are possible and it is logical that people rebuild the civilization.

Do you play minecraft ? :P

haha.. i dont mind the idea..I agree having a house or something would be nice but I more so like to think of this game as if you really are just kind of a paranoid drifter roaming and avoiding.. day 2 day.. only really staying at a random shelter for no longer then a day or 2 tops..(but thats just me! :D) unless you have a camp with your clan or freinds etc.. i would like to see maybe benefits for that kind of thing more so rather than a neutral town for everyone.

Dont forget that defending your town from a group of bandits would be awesome.

You may have the advantage if your town was fortified enough.

@ liquidcactus

I have thinking about a apokalypse and whats going on...and after a while the people start to rebuild a civilization so a FreeTown is the perfect Place to do this.

The major problem of dayz is that only killing People is for many the entire Fun, because there is nothing more to do. U see alot of players that play deathmatch without taking the Stuff from the dead body. For them it is not enymore a Survialgame it is a simple Deathmatch Game, for me it makes no fun to destroy other people game.

Killing People is ok with sense, but for no reason? Only for trolling?

I have nothing against the PvP part on the Game, it is elementary! But if there is nothing more to do then the entire Game comes to the piont that we are now.-> Deathmatch.

So there must be other things that people can do and why not make some usefull and sense things) ;)

So part of survial is to build up a Shelter, defending the Shelter against the Zombies that wants ur brain ^^

The next step is to rebuild a infrastructure for better and easy living.

FreeTown is for me a perfect place to make more Teamplaying into the Game, more survial against the incoming Zombie Waves and so on and on...

Maybe the FreeTown can trade with a other FreeTown or Fight against the other Town.

There are many things that can be done with this Gameplay extension.

btw. i love the idea of incoming zombie waves more players in FreeTown bigger waves, less player, less Zombie´s.

Edited by DaGolem