Sign in to follow this  
cpy

How to get to play DayZ for cheap

Ok thing is, i HATE arma, i think it have shitty gameplay and is a shitty game, unfortunately, i LOVE dayz mod from what i saw and read. So how can i get to play this for cheap? I'd rather pay mod developers full game price instead of shitty game developers to support them instead of this crappy company that made craprma.

Ok thing is' date=' i HATE arma, i think it have shitty gameplay and is a shitty game, unfortunately, i LOVE dayz mod from what i saw and read. So how can i get to play this for cheap? I'd rather pay mod developers full game price instead of shitty game developers to support them instead of this crappy company that made craprma.

[/quote']

Dayz is ARMA2 - same clumzy and with all same bugs ARMA2 have. If you totaly hate arma you will never love Dayz

The creator of DayZ works for Bohemia Interactive (The Company that made Arma), by buying the game you will directly be supporting him on top of showing the company that the player base wants a standalone game based around the concept.

Rumors say they are considering this idea for a game since arma says increased 500% since DayZ released.

Buy the game, play the Mod, Support the maker and company. No ones forcing you to play the actual campaign.

If i could choose like when buying indie packs give 100% to mod team, so that game studio realize to support that guy who made this more. I heard about this mod from RPS. and what game bugs are we talking about? All i want is some good zombie survival game that you go with bunch of friends on VOIP and fight zombies/sneak around/fight other clans.

Combined operations is only $30 on steam. I've looked around at websites that sells cd keys but the lowest I've seen was $28.98. Unless you can find someone to give you an unactivated key, your best bet is to just buy it from steam.

This is the game for you then but just bear in mind its still in alpha testing so yes there are bugs and some servers are laggy and take a while to connect, but once you find a good server and all your mates join you will have to find each other. Once youve found your mates its an excellent game/mod. Thats all we do get on teamspeak join the same server find each other and go hunting and scavenging for supplys

This is the game for you then but just bear in mind its still in alpha testing so yes there are bugs and some servers are laggy and take a while to connect' date=' but once you find a good server and all your mates join you will have to find each other. Once youve found your mates its an excellent game/mod. Thats all we do get on teamspeak join the same server find each other and go hunting and scavenging for supplys

[/quote']

yeah and you should understand that map is realy huge and sometimes if one of your m8s will be killed it might take ~ 30min- 1hour to gather up. In the begining even longer if you dont know how to use map and compas - your location on map is not showing so you need to look around and then on map.

Dayz is not like L4D2 or killing flor with nonstop shooting.

But yeah it is a bit strange - i have a friend who also did not liked Arma, well not like he hated it, but when he started to play Dayz he have not even started BF3 :D

Arma = DayZ

.....jesus, how can someone say Arma is a shitty game but loves Dayz when both are the same game, Dayz is a mod out of many.

Ok thing is' date=' i HATE arma, i think it have shitty gameplay and is a shitty game, unfortunately, i LOVE dayz mod from what i saw and read. So how can i get to play this for cheap? I'd rather pay mod developers full game price instead of shitty game developers to support them instead of this crappy company that made craprma.

[/quote']

Rocket: "Want to support DayZ? Buy ArmA."

People did and now he's working DayZ on BI's clock.

ArmA 2 singleplayer is kinda bland, multiplayer is pretty fun though! Bought the combined operations package and the PMC/BAF dlcs. 50$ for a game that has kept me and my close friends throughly entertained for the past three weeks? It's cheaper than going to the bar. Smoke a carton less of cigarettes(if you're over 18), mow some lawns (if you're under 18), and don't knock a game until you try it.

Moral of the story, ArmA 2 is worth every penny.

I dont like boring army games (arma 2), but i like scavange hunt, zombie danger and that kind of fantasy stuff, i play a lot of games that require lot of times to get even a tiny things done (minecraft survival etc..., just check feed the beast challenge it takes hours and hours), so i really like long games i don't want 100% action pack, it's boring and it's just a mindless zombie killing game, that's also what i'm not expecting. I like when you search for others for hour and then search for gear etc etc.

Thing is free arma + 15buck Arma OA is supposed to be some kind of low res thing?

I'd really like to see if it's missing some details or something.

And as someone mentioned earlier Dayz mod boosted arma sales by 500% kinda points out that arma game itself sux, and this mod is awesome.

Thing is free arma + 15buck Arma OA is supposed to be some kind of low res thing?

And as someone mentioned earlier Dayz mod boosted arma sales by 500% kinda points out that arma game itself sux, and this mod is awesome.

[/quote

Arma is an old game that came out of the shadows because of this Mod, supporting this game/Rocket+Team/Bohemia Interactive (BI). As it is in "Alpha" will make this a game we can only hope for.....

You might want to get some time in Arma2 as it prides itself on modeling the minutia of weapons and contains a complex ballistics model that tracks gravitational and environmental forces on projectiles.

"Its core, a two-year-old military simulation called ArmA2, is now the top-selling game on Steam".

So what's the difference between 15$ and 30$ version?

I dont like boring army games (arma 2)' date=' but i like scavange hunt, zombie danger and that kind of fantasy stuff, i play a lot of games that require lot of times to get even a tiny things done (minecraft survival etc..., just check feed the beast challenge it takes hours and hours), so i really like long games i don't want 100% action pack, it's boring and it's just a mindless zombie killing game, that's also what i'm not expecting. I like when you search for others for hour and then search for gear etc etc.

[/quote']

Why should Arma 2 sucks, only because it is a niche game and therefore doesnt sell like shooters ? The game is one of the best sim oriented FPS game on the market currently. Just show me a game which can compete...The strenght of Arma 2 is aswell the friendly modding abilities...there are hundreds of different mods out there, many of them really great not just DayZ. But DayZ is a mod which interests the mainstream more and the recent Zombie boom helps aswell.