iyax

Heli idea

Just5 a quick idea that me and some of my clan had come up with, any 'legit' ideas are welcome :)

I think each server should have 3 choppers, 1 each spawn at the airfields. this would make the game much more fun because;

Positives

1. You wouldnt have aerial domination (my clan used to have a chopper till a random DC and we were never worried about being shot down)

2. Servers would have more active groups and more firefights!

3. would help against vehicle hoarders (the main reason it helps against hoarders is if you get a chopper in the air searching for peoples base is easy. also my idea of people not hoarding the heli is make them very very very demanding e.g. make parts on them wear, make more parts including fan belts, batteries and make it so the chopper takes aviation fuel or something)

Negatives

1. Maybe server side issues of 3 choppers moving at once?

2. a bit to much pvp at airfields.

What do you guys think about these ideas?

Probably a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes buts it 2am so leave me alone ;)

• Like 1

well it actually is a good idea, still there wouldn't be less aerial domination because big clans could still take over the three and thee would be even more aerial domination. I totally agree with you that repairing helis has got to be more demanding and the parts should be much more rare.

Map would need to be much bigger to support three Choppers , also if one group ended up with all three the map would be basically dominated.

3? just no. two? maybe.

Edited by gmaxwell1

I for one would love that the choppers didn't have weapons on them. Just seems too OP.

Tell you what, put heat seeking rocket launchers in the game and you can have more helis

Edited by DemonGroover

I agree there should be 3 Helicopters but they should not spawn in airfields, as these locations are already camped by snipers (or they will be once tents and duping is fixed) and the best loot in the game should not be in the same place as the best vehicles.

Skalinksy Island is a good location for one, as there isn't any other reason to go there and getting there is a risky venture that usually requires a team effort (you can solo repair the chopper but it takes serious prep). Make the other spawn points random or so dangerous you'd need backup. So I think there is a spawn on top of the hospital in Cherno, and that is a good call because you stand a very good chance of being shot trying for that chopper.

Also, we don't need new weapons to deal with helicopters. One good headshot on the pilot and everyone in the chopper is dead, plus they can be shot to pieces quiet easily with an enfield, or one shot from a .50 cal.

I would say the chopper should not be able to fly without being fully repaired. This would mean you'd need a team to repair it.

i think there should generally more then only 1 active vehicle (buses, trucks and helis) ingame. there should be 2 - 3 (maybe 4) of those vehicles, generally spread over chenarus, so you still have to search everywhere, but at least a bit more people can find one, or steal one from another group.

Edited by Ikar

PPL complaining about anti air equipment needed for that, bring out your AS50 and/or M107, and boom. done :)

Guys i play on a private hive (which are the best and most stable) and the mod changed the options to have 3 helis in game with respawn on restarts if a heli is destroyed, IT DOES NOT lag the game when 3 helis are flying and is pretty awesome, only downside is we have 2 of the helis and the admin has the other, so if u hoard all 3 u're unstoppable

Edited by sasha900

+1

Include 3 different choppers, a Chinook would be awesome. seen them hacked in, would be nice to have them in game.