Mikeloeven (DayZ)

Give Current Dayz Players Free Game Keys On Release

ok no one knows who your talking about lol. but i think its a bad idea as the game developers would not rip themselves off millions and millions of dolars

Oh i was talking about the morons who think rocket owes them something because they bought ARMA II which he had nothing to do with.

4. I never wanted something for free, I wanted to trade my arma 2 for dayz standalone, because if the standalone is out and

if the mod is outdated I don't need it anymore.

So basicly you're saying lets say you bought bioshock one, great game but no replay value.. When Bioshock 2 came out I should've been able to return my old one for the new one... The stand alone is going to have new weapons, graphics, maps, zombies, ect.... its basicly like a giant sequal. I've never heard of a company accepting trades from ***** # 1 for ****** # 2... that just doenst make any sense. I bought arma 2 for 10$ and i've def got my 10$ out of it.. shit i've gotten my 60$ out of it.

• Like 1

Oh i was talking about the morons who think rocket owes them something because they bought ARMA II which he had nothing to do with.

ahh well yes I agree with you then. idiots. we were the ones who were given the privileged to play it

I'm fucking grateful that BI and Rocket are giving us a better, running on a great engine, stand alone. And honestly I think hardly anyone will notice the few whiners who won't buy it, especially for this fucked up reason.

• Like 1

I bought Arma 2 for arma 2. But I also bought arrowhead, for dayz. Am I entitled to a free copy for no reason, too? :D

Also, grasmann, you bought a Good video game (with a epic editor), just for a mod. Not a video game for a alpha game. And, if you want warZ, it will cost more, and come out later.

I wish people would stop stating that you buy ARMA 2 and get Day Z as a free mod. It's technically true....but the reality is that (I believe) a very vast majority of all the copies (~1 million now?) of ARMA 2 that have been sold in the last couple of months might as well have "Day Z" written on the cover. It's an interesting situation, and not BI/Rockets fault in any way, but one they shouldn't ignore. A lot of players just payed for the game and they are now being asked to do it again. I have convinced several friends to buy the (first) game and now I will have to consider doing that once more....I think the smart thing to do would be to give a small discount (e.g. 10%) to any currently active Day Z player when buying the stand-alone....e.g. like Steam sometimes does for new games if you own a previous version (example: the S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat Loyalty Promo).

Edited by BLNKY

It would likely suffice to give out Alpha and Beta keys to those who have purchased in recent months. That wouldn't hamper costs in any way, shape, or form, and perhaps forge some good will between BIS, Rocket, and the community.

I knew a new version was coming and contented myself with TF2 and watching DayZ LP's. No way in hell was I going to spend $30 when I knew that Arma 3 was coming out later this year. lol

Edit: Also, he is going "minecraft" on it and purchasing while it is in Alpha means reduced pricing so it'll probably be like $10 or something.

Edited by KombatJester

If he uses the actual model, instead of minecraft-esque, then it will be available at some point for whatever you want to pay for it. This, is unlikely.

1) You bought Arma 2, not DayZ

2) The mod is still developed, not abandoned

Conclusion 1)+2) : You have no right to get a new game for free, as the old one you bought still exists

Additionaly, the standalone will be lower on price at the beginning

• Like 1

"GIVE US TEH STANDALONE FOR FREEZ!" Am I the only person who OWNED arma 2 and arrowhead before dayz? No wounder i win all my firefights. Most.

• Like 1

I bought arma2 solely so I could run Dayz. I paid my money and I got what I paid for. I'm very happy. When the new game comes out, I will pay for it too - if I like the look of it. I see the fact that I was introduced to the world of Arma2 as a plus. I'm not interested in military games, just collecting things, killing zombies, staying alive and so on. But, whenever I like, I can go into arma 2 and have a drive around chernarus in a hmmmv. Life is good! :thumbsup:

Ok, from what I have heard DayZ stand alone will be priced more or less the same as minecraft when it was in Alpha/Beta, so that will be around £15/$23, i honestly don't think that thats a major amount to pay for a good game, if you bought arma2 just for dayz and you like dayz then when the standalone comes out you will buy it to support the games future, also arma 2 combined ops only costs like £20/$30 which is also not much, and yes as others have said, Arma 2 is a good game, the fact you can practice with vehicles ad weapons on it and all the basic tutorials and advanced will make you ready for dayz, as-well as the story and the multiplayer its a good game so you haven't wasted your money and buying dayz standalone will be cheep and helpful to the games future.

1) You bought Arma 2, not DayZ

2) The mod is still developed, not abandoned

Conclusion 1)+2) : You have no right to get a new game for free, as the old one you bought still exists

Additionaly, the standalone will be lower on price at the beginning

Can you please point me as to where "2" was last updated? Like more than a month ago? ;) Thats borderline abandoned.

Ok, from what I have heard DayZ stand alone will be priced more or less the same as minecraft when it was in Alpha/Beta, so that will be around £15/$23, i honestly don't think that thats a major amount to pay for a good game, if you bought arma2 just for dayz and you like dayz then when the standalone comes out you will buy it to support the games future, also arma 2 combined ops only costs like £20/$30 which is also not much, and yes as others have said, Arma 2 is a good game, the fact you can practice with vehicles ad weapons on it and all the basic tutorials and advanced will make you ready for dayz, as-well as the story and the multiplayer its a good game so you haven't wasted your money and buying dayz standalone will be cheep and helpful to the games future.

Any person thinking ArmA2 is crap needs to go shoot themselves ASAP.

That especially goes to people not even WILLING to try another mod than DayZ..

Btw, if that was intended for me, read a little better as i said that arma 2 is a good game, but i don't think the people that say arma is crap should die they should just be exiled to a small island to forever play COD like they probably do and squeak all over the place :P

• Like 1

Btw, if that was intended for me, read a little better as i said that arma 2 is a good game, but i don't think the people that say arma is crap should die they should just be exiled to a small island to forever play COD like they probably do and squeak all over the place :P

It was not targeted at you, it was my addition to what you said.

Can you please point me as to where "2" was last updated? Like more than a month ago? ;) Thats borderline abandoned.

Are you kidding me? They're working in developing the mod AND the standalone at the same time and you're crying because it's been a month since the last update? Listen to yourself...

Obviously some people aren't too thrilled that not much information has come out, and also that instead of that I've been travelling around visiting media and going to conferences. It's a fair point, we're trying to develop a game here not win an election. But there is some real value to the staging efforts that have been going on, an example being PAX where I am now. Initially, we weren't going to go. But when we looked at it, we realized the tremendous networking opportunity and a chance to discuss DayZ with some of the best and brightest minds in gaming. Already the trip has paid dividends.

The media stuff is also really important, they're a vessel to other areas of the industry. Yes, I end up saying the same thing again and again. That is just how it works. I cowboy up and deal with it. The apparent radio silence is more about me not really having anything to say, rather than ignoring things. My main effort now is "listening", which I have been carefully reading and collating the suggestion threads both here and on Reddit, as well as snooping on other sites.

Like someone put in another thread, what we are all more interested in now is what I actually DO not what I SAY. But, that doesn't remove the value in discussing the implications of what happened with DayZ, just maybe some developers/publishers will start putting more modding in games - and look at WHY DayZ was successful. I think that is more important even than the DayZ project itself.

So stay tuned, when I have finished collating the suggestion details and we have the backlog listed, I'll post more information.

Regarding patch 1.7.3, I'm not going to make the mistake of releasing a patch before it is ready. 1.7.3 just isnt ready yet.

get your shit right before posting nonsense

i think rocket should give all testers an optional custom skin, with white shirt that has following text:

"I`ve bought Arma2 for DayZ mod. I`ve got killed by doors, trees, rocks and hackers. Now i bought DayZ standalone and all i`ve got is this stupid shirt."

• Like 3

I read on a news post how dayz is going to be developed as a full standalone game. and i know i speak for a few people when i say the ONLY ! reason i purchased ARMA was because of this mod and i would feel taken advantage if later down the road i had to PAY to repurchase a game that i had been playing right along. i think it is only fair that players who purchesed ARMA just for this mod should be given keys when the full version comes out because lets face it were never going to play arma as is :/

I have no problem paying for a standalone DayZ. The devs have to make money somehow, and giving up a million+ sales would be crazy.

It was not targeted at you, it was my addition to what you said.

Ah ok, i was just reading what you said in two contexts :P

Since apparently the rocket-fanboys (no offense meant here, just a tag) don't even want to consider a discount for testers that helped make the game it is today, which is okay I guess, I'm just going to sit here and lament over the fact that I will soon own "two" obsolete games; Pre-DayZ and Arma 2. Hooray.

=P Yes I'm salty! I'm not rich!

Since apparently the rocket-fanboys (no offense meant here, just a tag) don't even want to consider a discount for testers that helped make the game it is today, which is okay I guess, I'm just going to sit here and lament over the fact that I will soon own "two" obsolete games; Pre-DayZ and Arma 2. Hooray.

=P Yes I'm salty! I'm not rich!

ARMA:2 out dated?

Do you acually play Normal ARMA:2?

There are countless Groups that play every night.

ShackTac has events almost every week that include 100+ players battleing.

Edited by ledo1222