Aypoc

I've seen players with 20+ days survived...HOW?

I've seen a handful of sigs that list how many days their character has survived and nearly crapped myself. I applaud them for surviving 20+ days, but I'm also dumbfounded. How in the world could one survive for that long without being killed by a scripter or hacker? There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not getting teleported to and killed. Or sniped from an unrealistic distance. I don't even want to attempt to survive for that long because I fear all my hard work will be washed down the drain by a thirteen year old kid and a couple of scripts. So I ask, how in the world one survives for such a long time? Am I joining the wrong servers? Or am I just one unlucky SOB?

-Private hives (Or even unpopulated private hives.)

-Playing 1 hour a day, twice a week

-Never leaving the north

-Alt-f4 as soon as a guy with a suspicious name logs in

-Avoiding the climbing of any kind of ladder and the opening of doors

-Never driving an ATV

-Never playing alone

-Never having any kind of fun

See, it's actually quite easy.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter
  • Like 18

the ATV thing made me lol^ I just sat one that needed two tires, to show a buddy what I found. I quickly proceeded to die while the thing blew up.

I had a character survive for 22 days being played for around 2 to 4 hours daily. Its easy once you hit a major city and get kitted. Just head north live off the lakes and game.

The most fun I had in this game was raiding player campsites with 2 buddies and fighting the owners. I know there is no chance to be friendly up there doing what I do. I'm a raider, I steal your weapons and vehicles then blow up the rest. I was eventually taken out by a hacker after finally getting a rangefinder and gps.

Just play the game.. After a while you get better and survive longer. The best tip is to play with other people, that will help you alot..

It also helps if you and the people you play with have some knowledge about military tactics and camuflage. This applies very much to this game..

I've personally had a character on 21 days with about 50 hours of game-time. With many visits to the NWAF, stary sobor etc. and quite a bit of firefights, so it's very much doable :)

But you shouldn't worry so much about how many days, rather count how many hours of game time you can survive.

I have survived very long periods of itme by just avoiding contact. It gets boring one you find all the stuff to sustain you forever without ever having to leave your haven in the woods. I actually find the best part of the game to be the first 1 hour of a new life.

I've seen a handful of sigs that list how many days their character has survived and nearly crapped myself. I applaud them for surviving 20+ days, but I'm also dumbfounded. How in the world could one survive for that long without being killed by a scripter or hacker? There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not getting teleported to and killed. Or sniped from an unrealistic distance. I don't even want to attempt to survive for that long because I fear all my hard work will be washed down the drain by a thirteen year old kid and a couple of scripts. So I ask, how in the world one survives for such a long time? Am I joining the wrong servers? Or am I just one unlucky SOB?

I choose servers that I know work and have active admins.

• Like 1

Just play the game.. After a while you get better and survive longer. The best tip is to play with other people, that will help you alot..

It also helps if you and the people you play with have some knowledge about military tactics and camuflage. This applies very much to this game..

I've personally had a character on 21 days with about 50 hours of game-time. With many visits to the NWAF, stary sobor etc. and quite a bit of firefights, so it's very much doable :)

But you shouldn't worry so much about how many days, rather count how many hours of game time you can survive.

I know how to play the game, but what do you do when a hacker teleports behind you and sprays you down with a G36C SD? With the idea of dying in an unfair way extremely realistic, what's the point in trying to survive for a long period of time?

I'm currently on 40 something days (as off the last time i played, about a week and a half ago, so i'll stick with 40 something, though by now its probably technically 50 something) and the only thing im guilty of that these previous posts have listed is "-Never playing alone"

I always play with a friend and we generally play about 1-2 hours a day, 5 days a week (a few extra hours on thursdays as well usually), we have been on a few servers though the one we recently made our home on was actually, admittedly, quite low pop usually (20-30 people). We have driven ATV's (a LOT) and flipped them on invisible terrain (A LOT), we have been to the coast and driven a boat to skalitsky island in search of the chopper (it wasn't there) and we have encountered hackers (we killed them) we have good gear, though recently we have been unable to raid military locations due to the horrendous artifacting in those areas. as a result, over the recent weeks we have generally stayed away from danger and searched for vehicles. I have only one murder, my mate has two (though they were both hackers). We don't go to cherno or elektro, aside from the fact that its stupidly dangerous, theres not even anything good there worth risking your ass for, and we DO have fun.

In short, it's not hard, just don't be a moron. I will admit we have not encountered many hackers, so perhaps we are lucky in that regard (never been teleported, for example) but other than that i think our experience is a pretty standard one, we basically don't do stuff that we think will get us killed, and we are careful when approaching towns etc.

• Like 8

Low pop servers, stay out of Cherno and Elektro.

This. Just lost my survivor of 24 days. I got bored and decided to see what trouble I could stir up in Cherno on a high pop server. Of course a scripter ports infront of me and blows me away lol. Owell, it's more fun gearing up than it is trying to stay alive for that long.

• Like 2

Then i would recomend trying new servers. In the server i normally use i've only seen hackers/scripters 2 times the last 1-1.5 months.

Yeah i see your point, if you constantly get killed by cheaters there is no point trying to survive for long periodes of time.

after about 10 games I had a character who survived around 25 days. I played a lot, enough for my girlfriend to whine and row with me about it. I finally died by hacker mass murder while logged in as admin and telling people I was going to restart the server.

About 50% of that was spent playing alone around stary and NW airfield. I rarely got into PVP because I played on low pop servers. But when I did, I nearly had heart attacks. The Adrenaline rush is incredible.

• Like 1

after about 10 games I had a character who survived around 25 days. I played a lot, enough for my girlfriend to whine and row with me about it. I finally died by hacker mass murder while logged in as admin and telling people I was going to restart the server.

About 50% of that was spent playing alone around stary and NW airfield. I rarely got into PVP because I played on low pop servers. But when I did, I nearly had heart attacks. The Adrenaline rush is incredible.

I can totally agree with you on the adrenaline rush part! Every fight I've ever gotten into has made me shake with fear and excitement; either this game is that incredible or I'm just a noob :lol:

Simple. Low/No pop servers, idling, combat logging when being chased by aggro'ed zombs, combat logging in combat...

My maximum is 34 days, and about 34 hours of game time. No alt-F4 and no murders. How did I do it? Z key! Crawl a lot, go slow, watch, be patient, and since I mostly play alone, avoid other players. Hide and crawl away when you hear a distant gun shot. I was only at 140 zombie kills, though I kill zombies for fun. I had gone to Berezino and the NE airfield and even survived throwing a grenade instead of smoke at one point.

I died because I tried a sunset trip to Baolta for some M9 ammo and since I don't Alt-F4 I lost the firefight with a ghille bandit, but I did put up a good fight!

Another good idea is plan an escape path. I usually approach from a slope with trees so if I have to run from zombies or players I know where I am going and how I can take cover. This means never go too far into a big town or city because getting out will be tough.

We all have different styles of play, but no matter the style, you can make it work. But sometimes the blaze of glory death is more fun. :)

• Like 3

Start game.

Get stuff.

Go WAY north.

Log out.

Never log back in.

Pretty much this.. I'm sure my official hive character has been alive for around 20+ days now... Not sure, have not logged into an official server in quite a long time. Not much of a point anymore.

Days start counting after character first logs in. It does not matter how often you play, (an hour a week or 100), it will be the same number of days until you die. So really it means nothing.

I'm on day 21 (I think) and play every day usually 2-4 hours. I spend most of my time up north killing bandits. I stick to low pop servers to avoid the random hacker and so far haven't really had any problems with them. I've been spawned on the beach a few times but nothing serious.

Pro tip: Pick your fights wisely.. And don't engage in one unless you intend to see it through. ALT+F4 is for rookies.

Edit: Jinxxed myself. Got hit by a sniper last night.. Arrghhh!

Edited by Rogue1

Day 18 playing like 6-7 hours a day with usually 20-30 people on the server at the max. Just remember the old adage, "know when to hold them, and know when to fold them."

As others have stated, ALWAYS have an escape plan, even if it is simply "run north west if we come under fire"... this has helped me and my friend numerous times when raiding towns, its usually something like "if we get overrun, retreat to building X, if bandits attack, go to location Y, if we get split up, meet up at grid Z" etc etc... its simple, but it means when the shit hits the fan, theres no "what should we do!? where should we go!?"