samatra

[1.7.2] DayZ loot cheat sheet

I tried to access the loot table last night and again today. Both times the website has been down

I agree with Hei. Its the skill that makes the player not the gear.

if youre good enough to hit everyone in the head with a winchester then its not gonna matter if the target has an m249 and 600 rnds of ammo.

Also link doesnt seem to be working as of right now?

whats the problem?

Here's another little tool, to familiarize yourself with loot locations.

People who have played DayZ for a while probably have remembered all the relevant buildings already, but for those who are new to this, and who want to get a better idea (without getting endlessly killed by zombies) where it's worth looking, here's a standalone mission that shows you in-game which buildings are of interest, and where the loot locations are.

The data is read directly from the DayZ mod, so they will always be up-to-date, and in synch with what you will see in the actual game.

If you're very new, and have a second computer, you could even run this in parallel—sort of as an interactive map, to keep track of where you are, and to know where to look for stuff:

outside_sml.png

map-noinfo_sml.png

The mission can be downloaded from my site.

In case anybody wonder, no updates to loot were made in 1.5.7

When i see those stuffs, the time and dedication some players can have impress me.

But it also makes me sad that players will go to such lengths to give themselve an advantage, just because they can't resist the need to "crack" open the unknown factors of the game.

It's the part i strongly dislike in the internet gaming crowd, this need to "control" the game.

It's not my mod so i can't say anything, but if it was i would do that stuff server side only and shuffle it a little every few days or so, so it still makes sense to those who think "inside" the game.

Maybe, someday, there will be a game that basically "kick your butt" everytime you think you successfully dissected it.

Loot sheet updated: http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Most notable changes:

- Wood added to ordinary buildings and farms

- Bizon SD added to HeliWreck

- Body bags are removed completely

- Weapons are bit less common in ordinary buildings

- No more Pellets ammo for Winchester

The point of this game is surviving, not collecting shinies -go back to wow please. Knowing the layout of the map/spawn locations greatly cheapens the appeal of this game - I just don't understand some people...

The point of this game is surviving' date=' not collecting shinies -go back to wow please. Knowing the layout of the map/spawn locations greatly cheapens the appeal of this game - I just don't understand some people...

[/quote']

Two things:

1) Survival is predicated almost entirely upon "collecting shinies." No shinines, no hope.

2) The appeal of the game for you does not necessarily need to match precisely with the appeal of the game for others. People enjoy different things for different reasons at different times in their life. You like mystery, discovery and exploration. Other people enjoy the rush of prior knowledge and the efficiency with which it permits them to operate. As long as everyone operates within the confines of the game rules, you should try hard not to get so upset that not everyone likes things in precisely the way you do.

Well you still gotta find the stuff. And doesn't stop the zombies' date=' or the snipers. It just tells you the probabilities.

[/quote']

It tells me where my real loot will be... the players going to said locations.

Update that shit with a 1.5.8.2 tag so people don't get confused.

Disregard, stupid ass cookies.

In case somebody wonders, there were no updates to loot in last hotfixes.

Is there anything new with this update ?

Yes. Waiting for update.

I'd like to know too. I've been looking for fence kits in factories, haven't seen a single one. I have seen 3+ hatchets in the same building, hunting knives all over, smoke grenades, glock ammo, AKM ammo, STANAG mags, canteens and flares all over them though. That and car parts is all I seem to be finding in industrial buildings now.

It seems toolboxes and fence kits got lost when hatchets were introduced.

So you might not want to waste any more time searching for them until the next update.

seriously thank god you have this (helps me alot) maybe this should be in the sticky as well contents updates

So which item on the loot sheet is ammo for the AKS74? Apparently it takes a 5.45 x 39mm cartridge, which I don't see on the loot sheet.

Since I found my AKS74 Kobra with one mag, I've never found any more ammo for it, anywhere.

So which item on the loot sheet is ammo for the AKS74? Apparently it takes a 5.45 x 39mm cartridge' date=' which I don't see on the loot sheet.

Since I found my AKS74 Kobra with one mag, I've never found any more ammo for it, anywhere.

[/quote']

I just checked the files to make sure. The 5.45 ammo is nowhere in the files. A bug in the mod, maybe?

Thanks, BlackAlpha.

That means the only way to get more ammo for an AKS74 (U or Kobra) is to find another one, and take any mags that spawn along with it.

I guess I should report this as a bug as I'm sure it's not intentional.

Yeah its definitely a problem, you can't find AK-74 ammo without weapon. But to be honest I don't see a reason to use AK-74 when AKM is much more powerful and has zeroing setting. FYI AKM kills zombie with 1 shot into any body part while AK-74\M4\M16 take 2 shots into body.

^^^ Fixed in 1.7.1