gambla

Fun for cheaters ?

No need to complain about hackers again, enough said. But why do they do it ?

If i try to imagine how it would be to play in god mode or spawn the best gear, i just can't see the point ?

You play a game for having fun, and you enjoy the game because there are challenges you're facing. A real hacker's challenge is to break into high security systems. But where is the challenge for the cheaters ?

You like the role playing, doing things RL can't give you, immersion and suspense, the thrill of killing.

Isn't it like watching the end first of a high suspense thriller ? Or reading the last pages first of a brilliant book ?

So if these guys would just like to test their scripts, they should realize that it's no fun at all. The most fun i have with DayZ is, being honest, to fight other players. So you kill all people on the sever, and now

what ?

So what is their motivation and the motivation to do it again ? They ruin their game and don't have any benefit at all. They don't have fun, maybe a minute running the script, fine. The don't earn any respect because it's childs play, it's kindergarten. And not like any botnet hackers, they don't earn any money.

Are they just sick, are they insane ?

Edited by gambla
  • Like 2

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Cheaters do what they do for many reasons. Others simply say "fuck all" and cheat because others do it.

Some do it to see how people react, hearing them cry out for help or "STOP!" over chat. Cheats = Power.

Some might fight fire with fire, as we've seen on the forums. They cheat to kill cheaters. But what happens when they get bored or want to see how something works, or THINK someone is hacking, when they're not? Innocent people get caught in crossfire.

Edit;

k

Are you done spamming?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

I honestly think it helps boost their ego's. Day Z is a challenging game requiring tons of patience and if you want to get good you need to practice. I think some of these kids with their scripts get frustrated that there's been so much hype about DayZ and they just don't "get it". Rather than move on to another game they download some simple scripts and then piss about on a server for half an hour to get their quick fix and "own" the game.

They're probably the same kind of people that use cheats in other games because they don't actually understand what makes gaming fun for the rest of us.

Also, maybe by copying and pasting some code they genuinely feel like they are hackers.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Just emptied an ak clip each into a couple ghillied fellows at Elektro outer firehouse in a very cqc on us 2233. I was appalled at first, but when they threw a nade at all our feet and I was blown away and they were left standing I knew I would've won the engagement had they not been godmode. I think mostly it's folks with terrible aim that cheat, same as in all FPS.

I'm thinking a good fraction of them do it because they just lack the skill to actually play the game at all and so they take out their frustration by cheating so they can't be killed or have the best gear. The rest of them simply relish in the pain and tears of other players losing their hard-earned gear and stats, that is their main drive. In that respect they are identical to bullies. They do it because they can and it gives them a feeling of superiority, and they get away with it. But at the core they are really sad, anti-social, anguished and depressed people. When the only way you can feel good about yourself is to make other people feel bad, it's time for a serious psychological evaluation.

Edited by EchoZeero
  • Like 3

I think you're right, it's the power and i guess the revenge for loosing. I made twice the experience getting teleported after raiding a camp and trying to steal a chopper, just yesterday. These kids are not able to loose, they probably never learned it. But we know that nothing is safe in any way in DayZ, so they will have a hard time. All things can be stolen and/or destroyed. They would have to spawn things over and over again, useless, isn't it ?

well said. beans for you

Having fun cheating there mgsloth? Been ruining peoples time much?

"They do it because they can."

Word from the wise, when you here someone say this.....it means they don't know....*annoyed adult smiley*

I know some cheaters, I asked them, who just got bored of being killed by lame Player Killers without any roleplay, or just tired of tents not saving their gears, their backpack with hardly won stuff disappear, dying cuz of proning in bushes/doors, falling 2 meters high or whatever.

What they mostly do is get full gear again, have some fun flying a chopper, but never ruin the experience of others by teleporting/killing or whatever sick shit you can do with cheats.

Also, I was killed by cheaters that ran scripts to kill entire servers, or just by bombing buildings. These guys are probably trying to make people rage, or have fun destroying a server. Hopefully, the fact there is no side channel on servers help hackers to not get "raging feedback" from their victims, thus I think it does not encourage them that much.

Edited by Thadeum

Having fun cheating there mgsloth? Been ruining peoples time much?

Where the hell did I say i was cheating ?

i gave him beans for his post retard.

I do not condone cheating I agree that they are losers and have nothing to gain..

learn to read!!