Sign in to follow this  
Turkeydurpey

Remove the AS50/M107?

if dayz was supposed to be the war sim like arma then id say leave it all in. but considering its supposed to be a survival horror game.... some things need to go.

• Like 1

Otherwise, they'd be so rare that people wouldn't even *want* to waste the bullets on just some random guy.

if you have AMR, there is no other use for it other then kill "some random guy".

while duping is in the town(scripting is just impossible to deal with, unless BIS will release some hotfix) the gun will be common, and there is no simple fix about it. so removing them temporary till duping will be fixed(not until standalone lol) is the only option around to balance things up.

AMR`s currently overpowered, because there is none of their drawbacks are in the game.

people crying that that using AMR`s is the only way to kill people, because of alt+f4, its not excuse either. alt+f4 is the other engine`s issue, that simply cant be dealt with(thread was started in MAY, but still no fix) and hive system makes it even worse.

farming them via server hoping wont ever be fixed, because of whole concept of hive and it sux hard.

The sniper rifles are OP.

Don't give me the bullshit answer that 'every gun is overpowered if you can aim'.

Yeah, me you, in a field 700 metres from eachother. I'll use an AS50, you use an assault rifle. Let's see who wins.

The AS50 and M107 require NO SKILL to use. Just put in range, pull trigger. Even if you hit their fucking toe, they're down to -20,000 blood. From FULL HEALTH. It's beyond ridiculous.

The best sniper rifle you can find should do 10,000 blood damage (for the damage scale) and then the next best should have 7000 damage and very little recoil for follow up shots. The .50 cals are just simply bloody overpowered. And the only people who don't agree are fucking idiots or hill snipers.

Errrr...What?There's a good reason why .50cal weapons are "bloody overpowered".Have you ever seen a .50cal round?Now imagine what happens when one of them hits you?There is NO way a human could survive a .50cal round,even if it hit you in the leg,you would bleed out really,really fast.Hell,they practically tear a man up when it hits one.

That's real life for you.

LOL

they arent overpowerd there .50 cals what do you expect and then stop going to the NWAF or open fields around there and you should be fine i havnt been sniped in a week or so cuz i dont go rushing in where i know theres probley a sniper and these guns would destroy the M24 and make the loud? well do that for the AS50 because its actually no that loud but the M107 is one of the loudest guns in the game

Errrr...What?There's a good reason why .50cal weapons are "bloody overpowered".Have you ever seen a .50cal round?Now imagine what happens when one of them hits you?There is NO way a human could survive a .50cal round,even if it hit you in the leg,you would bleed out really,really fast.Hell,they practically tear a man up when it hits one.

LOL

thank you u understand, its not a actually over powered it would blow peoples arms off

They shouldn't be removed. They should remain rare. If one guy out of 100 had one, no big deal. It's only a problem if that one guy can dupe the shit out of it or some hacker can spawn a ton of them and leave them in a box on sniper hill. We have serious weapon inflation at the moment.

They also should look into a way to stop the retarded loot farming and server hopping. That only inflates the problem, breaks immersion, and should be considered an abuse.

At least the AS50 is way overpowered, mainly because it makes just a soft "plop" as a sound, which in its volume is comparable to a bubble gum bubble blasting. The gun has obviously an invisible silencer...that is the only explanation! I mean, srsly, talk about realistic simulation and stuff, anyone who has ever fired a .45 revolver knows how f***ing loud it is. This thing should be volume-adjusted and both M107 and AS50 made a little rarer, thats all. If you take them out of the game, next complaints are about DMR and M24. So keep them, and adjust them...

lol your right the AS50 is a loud as an m16 which is stupidbut maybe realistic cuz maybe thats how quiet it is in real life but i doubt it but who knows

Still waiting to hear a good reason why these rifles should not be removed......

Because I'm afraid to go out of the bush and... and... I'm afraid to come near other players because they can shoot me.

• Like 1

As I have posted before in other topics: I am the asshole sniper sitting on a hill. I am a bandit, I am the guy shooting you in super markets, tossing grenades under the pine tree branch you're laying in. I am the guy who has everything to gain from a sniper rifle, and I think the AS50 is complete horse shit. I think it is a weapon that breaks immersion with just how completely out of place it feels on in the Russian countryside alongside double barrel shotguns and hatchets. It requires no skill to operate, which is something all sniper rifles suffer from, as the Arma2 system lacks a truly in-depth sniper system that demands skill, making it just a point and click death machine when that is far, FAR from the realities of a sniper rifle. But, here's the thing.. I am not quite ready to see it gone, yet. Yes, it is laughably broken, but as someone else has pointed out already, 99% of the AS50s you run into and, hell, almost all the other sniper rifles you see too, are all hacked or duplicated infinitely. This is an issue with the Day Z MOD (That is a very important distinction to make), and not something that will likely crop up in the stand alone, what with the stricter and cleaner coding and all. In the stand alone, assuming the spawn rates are as they are now, with some kind've check in place to stop server hopping for loot, you can expect to find a sniper rifle of any kind on maybe 1 in 50 players. An AS50 would be even less common than that. So while I think the mod is doomed to suffer, I think their rarity will be their own check in the final product, since risking guns like those on killing unarmed newbies from a hill would be insane.

As for everyone right NOW, in the MOD? Well, it doesn't really matter. The coding will never be secure enough, or clean enough, to 100% eliminate hacking and duping, and those numbers are on the rise like there is no tomorrow. Even removing AS50s from the game entirely won't stop servers from being flooded with them by hackers. The best thing that can be done is to just grit our teeth, wait to see how the stand alone shapes up, and save all our complaints and critiques on weapon balance issues for the proper stand alone, where such things will actually be worth fighting about.

I agree, I would like to see .50 cal snipers removed. All else is fine, they're just overpowered, over common, and over easy to use.

I would hope that when they are able/if they are able to fix the duping the .50 weapons will fit better into the atmosphere of the game. But as it is with duping everything is common, i cant stumble across two tents without finding nvgs/rangefinders and a host or random "rare" weapons.

Edited by Chuckles

The only sniper rifle which is fun to snipe with , is the AS50 in my personal opinion , and yes , they should make it more rare ( found three of them today in three crashed choppers LOL ) and IF it's possible to fix duping , they should do that. Oh and yeah.. 50 cal snipers should be OP , otherwise it wont be a 50.cal , get over it... stop camping in elektro and waiting for kids who hacked them in and keep killing you... DMRs and CZ's is not fun to snipe with at all. so this is why I dont want it to be removed , dont hate ^_^^

agreed with OP - they're insanely overpowered and require 0 skill to use. i'm really dumbfounded by the developers' inclusion of these weapons, they're single handedly ruining pvp and the entire dayz experience.

anyone who says "they're not overpowered you just suck" obviously hasn't played the game before all this .50cal nonsense - back then the best gun was the dmr which kept things competitive

I'd wager to say that the substitution of the AS50 and the M107 with the KSVK would be a sort of middle-ground compromise between the players that are for/against the removal of .50 cals.

The KSVK is bolt action, and I believe it only has 5 rounds per clip. It also fits into the post-Soviet environment of Chernarus much better than either of the other .50 caliber sniper rifles. On the other hand, it uses the same type of scope as the SVD, which makes it extremely easy to use if you know how to use the built-in rangefinder.

Because I'm afraid to go out of the bush and... and... I'm afraid to come near other players because they can shoot me.

Still waiting...... Not one single good argument.

I have a 107 in me backpack right now, I'm thinking about dumping it in a lake because i just don't need it to survive, space in the pack is more important.

50 cal snipers should be OP , otherwise it wont be a 50.cal , get over it...

judging how OP gun by damage? you must think that rocket launcher is the most op weapon in the game....

damage doesnt make weapon OP, 0 skill requirements make weapon OP.

But the AS50/M107 is overpowered

The idea of bullets is to kill things. Make a .50 cal sniper bullet, and chances are it will only take one shot.

No way in hell are you ever going to survive two .50's. So by default the 1 shot kill is pretty damn balanced.

I think it should stay in, it should just be ungodly rare. Like, 1/10000 people have one. 0.01% spawnrate or something. The ammo, a bit more common but still incredibly rare. I don't think it should get entirely removed though.

Edited by Yatagan

The idea of bullets is to kill things. Make a .50 cal sniper bullet, and chances are it will only take one shot.

No way in hell are you ever going to survive two .50's. So by default the 1 shot kill is pretty damn balanced.

With Rocket changing the player hitpoints with his blood system it is almost impossible to one shot kill with any other weapon. Normally every weapon ( even the Makarov ) has a one hit kill capability.

I think it should stay in, it should just be ungodly accurate. Like, 1/10000 people have one. 0.01% spawnrate or something. The ammo, a bit more common but still incredibly rare. I don't think it should get entirely removed though.

You should ask someone to give you some server logs to read. Out of 50 players i filtered out min. 30 players with a .50 and some even had lots of ammo, 80% of those had a hacked AS 50 TWS. And that was the count for just this weekend...

Edited by Enforcer

You should ask someone to give you some server logs to read. Out of 50 players i filtered out min. 30 players with a .50 and some even had lots of ammo, 80% of those had a hacked AS 50 TWS. And that was the count for just this weekend...

Wow, I meant ungodly rare I just super dylexia'd or something. :P And I don't think removing something is a solution for hackers. I've joined servers before that have a load of them as well, but removing them altogether isn't a good solution. Updating the counterhacking software, which will hopefully occur when the game goes standalone.

a million times this topic has been made.

a million times the answer was no.

just make the as50 louder.

Yeah. The big-bore rifles I used in Cadets were loud as hell. You'd hear the boom echoing off the hills around you. These let everyone within miles know they'd gone off. My cousin's a paratrooper (Aussie forces, not US) and even on the mobile phone footage, you should hear the Barrett's thump. They're epic. And you can hear the thump bouncing back off the hills.

Plus, this idea of rarity for a sniper rifle is pretty stupid. In a genuine military situation snipers are not rare, there's a reasonable amount of 'em in any deployment. Having a sniper rifle as a rare item just doesn't align with reality in any way shape or form. Any military base would have a pretty high chance of having a stash of sniper hardware. If you've got watch towers, someone's got sniper level hardware, it's that simple.

• Like 1

Another bloody whiner. I had as50 one time per 3 months. I was shot at from m107 one time too. And I survived.

And three or four times I was killed from dmr.

That says it all.

• Like 1

LOL

'Zactly. When you can split a truck's engine block with a .50 cal round, if it hits you in the leg the simple kinetic energy and the shockwave would tear that leg off. Anyone who thinks these things should be toned down have little to no comprehension of what they actually do in real life. When a sniper can tear an insurgent in half and throw them like a ragdoll after the projectile has travelled 1310m in a crosswind of 10mph that's blowing particles of sand... that's a hell of a lot of energy that projectile is carrying.

• Like 1

If you're complaining about these guns being too powerful, then you are most likely to be horrible at scanning tree lines and you probably run out into an open field or some shit

• Like 1