zak757

Should Green Mountain be Haunted?

Green Mountain  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be purposely haunted in the standalone game?

• Yes, all the time.
    • No, that's stupid and unrealistic.
    • Yes, but only at night and alone.
  2. 2. What should be strange about it?

• I voted "no".
    • Strange radio transmissions.
    • Creepy ambient music.
    • Haunting voices that come from around you.
    • Creepy invincible AI characters that may help or hurt you.
    • Strange graphical effects.
    • Reality warping of some kind (losing/gaining of items/blood/etc).
    • Doors that open and close when you aren't looking.
    • Cause night vision and flashlights to flicker.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Going to Green Mountain...

• Is nothing special because nothing is special about it.
    • Means you should be rewarded for your bravery.
    • Means you should be punished for tampering with unknown forces.
    • Should be a random high risk/high reward scenario.

It's all in the poll.

I understand DayZ is supposed to be an authentic "real zombie experience", but Green Mountain already has a reputation for being haunted. Should they bring this haunted place to life (assuming it already isn't)? I wouldn't mind adding Horror back in Survival Horror in a few rare cases, like the case of Green Mountain. I would like to brave some kind of challenge to see what happens to me. Also, what should happen if one drinks Mountain Dew at the top?

Secondary question: I've been hearing about a possibly AI character that is already in the game who hasn't been fully confirmed yet. He is a Ghillie suited man who is unarmed, capable of walking at sprinting speeds, and can phase in or out of existence at any time. Should "Slenderwookie" be in the standalone too?

Edited by Zakatak
  • Like 2

"slenderwokie" made my day

anyway. i think it should be haunted by the game. not any hackers messing with players (because that is what i think is going on)

It should be haunted to the extent that nothing retarded happens such as losing blood randomly but more towards things that are intended to scare and or limit your survival capability.

The reward should be leaning towards higher end items being more common up here and then couple that with the abnormal events plus the surplus of players wanting said loot. This area will not be for the weak.

There should be some kind of challenge involved tho, not just superficial scares but real hard to kill npc's that drop special loot if you manage to kill them.

You mean 'More Haunted', right?

Surely he must me mean more!

Edited by Scerun

I once stumbled up Green Mountain before I learned it's a place you don't want to get lost. While I was up there I was blinded by strange graphics glitches, and zombies kept appearing out of thin air, screaming at me, and then disappearing again. When something finally took a swipe at me from behind and my character cried out, only to turn around and see absolutely nothing, I realized it was time to get the hell out of there.

I think it should definitely remain haunted in the standalone, but I don't want to see it become some high end loot camp. If too many people are constantly going up there just for the loot rather than the lolz (or screams as the case may be), it would ruin the mystery. Moreover, it would never be deserted. And that would be unfortunate because it would take away from one of the most terrifying DayZ experiences to be had, which is being on Green Mountain with only a small group late at night. Or better yet, completely alone. At least, you think you're alone...

There should be some kind of challenge involved tho, not just superficial scares but real hard to kill npc's that drop special loot if you manage to kill them.

No.

If they were to do something like this it should be something very subtle. Doors opening/closing when you aren't looking would be creepy. Would probably make you paranoid, wondering if another player was lurking around there, too.

• Like 2

no offence but no.

This game should remain slanted towards 28 days later rather than Resident Evil. I reckon the NPC thing should be like a *SPOILER* half infected radio soldier that is paranoid and turns into a zombie while broadcasting

edit: and this should happen only about once per server restart (maybe there could be multiple scenarios to keep it interesting)

Edited by pjano

I think That Mt must have

1.Strange radio transmissions (would scare the shit out of me )

2 and 3.Creepy ambient music,Haunting voices that come from around you (shit bro shit )

4.Cause night vision and flashlights to flicker

5.Doors that open and close when you aren't looking ( if you are alone )

And a little reward if you can last 1 night( Fan Fal whit 2 clips and 1000 blood restored or random )

Edited by Nedis

I think it would be cool if there was a really small chance of random weird shit to happen when you were alone at night IF you had been alive for a long time. Simulated descent into insanity sort of thing.

The flickering equipment and different ambient music would be great, but further than that would be sort of too much. I wouldn't mind a certain sense of 'creepyness' be added to some specific places. And the whole idea of maybe making different ambient music for when you're alone is actually quite good, as some sort of an Area of Effect-type code, but unfortunately it might not be a sustainable idea because it could help you predict when other players are nearby.

• Like 1

Did I miss something? Never heard of this 'haunted' place before.

Anyway, I still like the Idea. Have some beans.

Edited by James Ashwood

I think it would be cool if there was a really small chance of random weird shit to happen when you were alone at night IF you had been alive for a long time. Simulated descent into insanity sort of thing.

Have a sanity meter, like in Amnesia? :P

I understand DayZ is supposed to be an authentic "real zombie experience".

That's why i voted 'no'. Sorry, but I don't think it fits in this realistic zombie game ;)

I have always been puzzled as to why there is so much conspiracy/legend surrounding green mountain ??

I do like the idea i guess and everyone seems to be like minded about the idea ^_^

cool idea, but if this were to happen, there should be only rare sightings of haunted shit going around in that mountain.

maybe like once a week/month at 2 am pst?

Edited by CaptainBingo

If Rocket does do something with the haunted place he shouldn't tell anyone but his closest advisers I am talking, not even the forums admins are told about it. The community should have to find the anomalies, the transmissions, and ghost for themselves.

This will cause: paranoia, mystery, and flame wars about it being haunted/not haunted.

It would be great!

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 2

Won't specifically name anything, but I'd love it if they put some rare sighting/anomalies in the game (nothing over the top though). And I mean so rare and rarely seen that most won't believe you if you tell them you saw/heard something. Would even be cool if it's periodically updated and changed.

Edited by Lights Out

It's haunted enough. The first time I went there i was killed by a man and woman with hatchets.

It should be haunted, but nothing overtly beyond the bounds of reality. (Ghosts, demons.)

I`m all for creepyass ambience, radio transmissions, and wierd happenings.