Noquisi

Creepiest moment in my life on a game... (Is this the hidden patch that was for the lulz?)

wow really? a hacker... No its an AI character they have been around for months and months.

they are weird and creepy but its just AI they are harmless and friendly

this happens when a player gets DCd and the game gives control over the character to an NPC, which runs around and gets into cars and stuff.

• Like 1

wow really? a hacker... No its an AI character they have been around for months and months.

they are weird and creepy but its just AI they are harmless and friendly

This seems the most likely reasoning, but considering you say they have been around for months, I would've thought there would have been more posts about them, especially ones wearing ghillie suits as they're quite spooky when they appear out of the bushes. I did a quick search for anything similar and nothing turned up.

I was int that very same barn a couple nights ago. I also was the only person on the server. I tucked behind the crates out of view to check my map. Silly when Im the only one on the server yes but its my habit. Anyway while i was behind the crates I heard someone walking slowly in the building. Walk walk pause walk walk pause. I hit p to check and was still the only one on the server. Heard the walking again and just said screw this and aborted out.

Never did peek around the boxes to see it. Just bailed in fear of it being a hacker

• Like 1

Someone who is very good at hacking?

No one is ''good at hacking '' in a game , break in my bank account then i"ll call you a hacker...

Never been to that mountain but with all the crazy shit that happens to me in real life I am now headed there....as a noob.:)

I was int that very same barn a couple nights ago. I also was the only person on the server. I tucked behind the crates out of view to check my map. Silly when Im the only one on the server yes but its my habit. Anyway while i was behind the crates I heard someone walking slowly in the building. Walk walk pause walk walk pause. I hit p to check and was still the only one on the server. Heard the walking again and just said screw this and aborted out.

Never did peek around the boxes to see it. Just bailed in fear of it being a hacker

It wouldn't have been a hacker if you were the only one on the server. It was most likely a zombie that walked into the barn or on one of the hard patches of ground outside the barn. Kind of shitty of you to abort like that.

It wouldn't have been a hacker if you were the only one on the server. It was most likely a zombie that walked into the barn or on one of the hard patches of ground outside the barn. Kind of shitty of you to abort like that.

Nab it didnt sound like a zombie moving at all it sounded like someone clearing an area

And shitty to bail? Really ? Im not afraid of a zombie in a building and if I thought it was a legit player they probally would have died. Considering all the hacking and shit I dont see anything wrongwith bailing when shit just doesnt seem right

I too have encoutered this guy we found a car in the woods outside cherno we drove into town when 3 of us to pick up the 4th when one person shouts guys GUYS THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE IN THE CAR a bit of confusion we all jump out and sure enough a ghillie suite guy sitting the backseat we put a bullet in him no death message and no other players on the server no gear on him was freaky as fuck.

Yeah, it's technically next to the SPACE NEEDLE, but the actual occurence was west of-- HERE JUST LOOK AT THIS

34y7l9w.jpg

LOL out loud at the RAN LIKE PANSIES part

I think it might have been the dude in this video. He sends the guy recording it into complete insanity!

Jesus, the bit at 6:30 even made me jump.

Yeah, it's technically next to the SPACE NEEDLE, but the actual occurence was west of-- HERE JUST LOOK AT THIS

34y7l9w.jpg

your post was hilarious and a little freaky.

But I give you beans for this epic photoshop/paint image. Sir you are now in the running with my six year old niece for artist of the year. I dont know if i like her monsters or yours better...

btw that Pacman ghost of yours clinches it :thumbsup:

Edited by Faceman Peck

your post was hilarious and a little freaky.

But I give you beans for this epic photoshop/paint image. Sir you are now in the running with my six year old niece for artist of the year. I dont know if i like her monsters or yours better...

I have read over your reply and taken the opprotunity to update my map with an extra ghost at everyone's favorite mountain, in hopes to gain your favor over your niece. She has been tracing for far too long and must be beaten! I hope that I may provide better MSpaint ghosts than my opposition.

4zvymv.png

• Like 1

There is a special character you can use as your name to not show up on the player list. I wont divulge it for obvious reasons. No mystery here.

On a side note the other guy on the server might be hacking and just fuckin with you.

Edited by Digital

There is a special character you can use as your name to not show up on the player list. I wont divulge it for obvious reasons. No mystery here.

On a side note the other guy on the server might be hacking and just fuckin with you.

It wasn't just a blank player list, the server had only 2 players in it in the server listings. Also it was not human, it was AI.

Now I'm not saying that there isn't hacks for such things, there probably is, but this was not the case here.

Ohhhhhhhh fffuu-

I had a camp with 2 vehicles literally, not 500 meters from that first encounter.

I assumed my we had been raided, but nothing was missing from the tents.

This only adds more to my paranoia.

(*Sidenote: I admin the server, and ban any hackers. Rcon may not be great, but it shows me scripts.)

Edited by HappyMushroom

It wasn't just a blank player list, the server had only 2 players in it in the server listings. Also it was not human, it was AI.

Now I'm not saying that there isn't hacks for such things, there probably is, but this was not the case here.

When you hit P their name won't show up in the list but everyone elses will. They also don't show up with ESP or MAP hacks.

There is no such AI naturally in the game. The only possible AI that it could have been is if a hacker spawned in a bodyguard but I'm fairly sure they disappear when they disconnect. I'm also unaware of the ability to spawn a ghillie bodyguard that enters vehicles. Though a regular unarmed one in a ghillie might be possible that would chase you upon seeing you if it was just standing in the woods for some reason. But not enter your vehicle.

If there was a 3rd player besides you and your friend in the list like you mentioned then it was probably your buddy screwing with you and he's hacking.

I find in general peoples accounts of events in DayZ to be extremely vague and usually flat out wrong. Many times I've witnessed something go down and 1 bandit with a axe turns into 5 with machineguns and rocket launchers, or a silenced gun was a m107 or a helicopter was the wind. Not to knock your credibility but you're probably clueless to what you actually saw and that's why no one can explain it.

When you hit P their name won't show up in the list but everyone elses will. They also don't show up with ESP or MAP hacks.

There is no such AI naturally in the game. The only possible AI that it could have been is if a hacker spawned in a bodyguard but I'm fairly sure they disappear when they disconnect. I'm also unaware of the ability to spawn a ghillie bodyguard that enters vehicles. Though a regular unarmed one in a ghillie might be possible that would chase you upon seeing you if it was just standing in the woods for some reason. But not enter your vehicle.

If there was a 3rd player besides you and your friend in the list like you mentioned then it was probably your buddy screwing with you and he's hacking.

I find in general peoples accounts of events in DayZ to be extremely vague and usually flat out wrong. Many times I've witnessed something go down and 1 bandit with a axe turns into 5 with machineguns and rocket launchers, or a silenced gun was a m107 or a helicopter was the wind. Not to knock your credibility but you're probably clueless to what you actually saw and that's why no one can explain it.

Sounds like somebody's afraid of the big, bad Yeti.

I can confirm this story to be real.

Not 4 nights ago on our private hive server, 4 of us ingame, 3 were up at north west air strip, i was one of those 3, the other guy was way across the map at berinzino an through side channel chat he asked which one of us just hopped into his car, into the drivers seat? we respond with "what are you smokin lol, us 3 are at NWAS looking for ammo".

Still this guy swore his telling the truth, that some player just ran up and jumped into his car, i told him to jump into the car with him, to which he replied "i already have, his not stealing my car" yet this player just sat there and did not drive anywhere, i told our mate to try scroll into the drivers seat but he could'nt, next thing that happened was this ghost jumped into the back seat, oh & btw im also an admin on this private server so it was kinda freaking me out aswell as the others, i couldnt understand why this players name wasnt showing up in the list, or how did this ghost player get the password to enter our server?

So i told our mate to just shoot it, which he did and this ghost player bot creeper hunched over in the back of our mates car from 1 bullet to the head, but he didnt fall out the car, so now my mate was driving around with a dead corpse in his back seat lol.

Man i feel ya in regards to how creepy this is, my only guess is that these creepers are just AI bots.

I think I read a post awhile ago that here are scripts which makes your name not appear on the list