Sign in to follow this  
intensity (DayZ)

Inventory wipes getting worse?

I did get the odd gear wipe before but that was a result of going from .4 to .5

Recently I quit during loading after it took too long and have been logging back in only to be killed and respawned at the coast with my old char but no gear. It has been almost certain that if I would quit during loading it would happen. Just few hours ago I alt tabbed and my gfx driver crashed so I shut arma down, this happened many times before but this time I got my gear wiped. In the last 3 or so days of gaming I had my gear wiped at least once every session. Like I said it happened before but not this bad. Anyone else?

It's an alpha, and as such, you should expect bugs and to lose everything you have for no apparent reason.

You are testing a mod, not playing it.

Though, yes, that kind-a sucks.

Edit;

Welp. 'Tis what I get for not reading to the end of the last sentence. Went ahead and posted after reading about 2/3rds.

My apologies. I haven't had that problem.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

You know what I realise the more I post on these forums? Lots of furries play Day-Z.

Also, that sucks man. Dunno the cause, never happened to me. :[

I was here before you. Shh.

It's an alpha, and as such, you should expect bugs and to lose everything you have for no apparent reason.

You are testing a mod, not playing it.

Though, yes, that kind-a sucks.

He was asking conformation on whether anybody else had this issue. He didn't post here to have you troll the typical "it's alpha man!" No shit, we all realize there are bugs. But if you don't have an answer for him, then don't post on his thread!

My friend has been having this issue as well, at least the spawning in dead. We haven't figured out what is causing it. We are still trying to figure it out. It's touch and go. I myself can go to some servers and have no issues but, other servers i will log in and be insta-knocked out. :(

• Like 1

Seems to me whats causing it is trying to join a server of an older version. I'de suggest trying to find a single server to continually play on until the next patch. Though sadly seems like the patches are only creating more bugs lol. Oh well..

He was asking conformation on whether anybody else had this issue. He didn't post here to have you troll the typical "it's alpha man!" No shit, we all realize there are bugs. But if you don't have an answer for him, then don't post on his thread!

Welp. 'Tis what I get for not reading to the end of the last sentence. Went ahead and posted after reading about 2/3rds.

My apologies. I haven't had that problem.

• Like 1

I did get the odd gear wipe before but that was a result of going from .4 to .5

Recently I quit during loading after it took too long and have been logging back in only to be killed and respawned at the coast with my old char but no gear. It has been almost certain that if I would quit during loading it would happen. Just few hours ago I alt tabbed and my gfx driver crashed so I shut arma down, this happened many times before but this time I got my gear wiped. In the last 3 or so days of gaming I had my gear wiped at least once every session. Like I said it happened before but not this bad. Anyone else?

Sometimes i just close everything and then connect to the same server, all items returned.