ghzt

Tents Outside Map

is it possible? or it will get deleted?

If I had to guess I'd say it would work.. but it IS outside of the map so I don't think I would put any valuable gear in it, just safer to find a spot far up north or something like that.

If I had to guess I'd say it would work.. but it IS outside of the map so I don't think I would put any valuable gear in it' date=' just safer to find a spot far up north or something like that.

[/quote']

Far up north isn't htat safe. We just swept from all the way east, to all the way west, 6 people, covered 10 grid squares. Looted nearly 30 tents.

They won't be deleted. Be careful though, people do search for off-map tents and vehicles.

No worries im 15Km away from map :P

I know the way through The Green Seas

Also it worked the tents can be saved and even after a Restart.

The best feature is that u cant open them, unless ofcourse you know the proper procedure (as in a lock key) really nice behavior from the tents outside the map

The best feature is that u cant open them' date=' unless ofcourse you know the proper procedure (as in a lock key) really nice behavior from the tents outside the map

[/quote']

Wait, what? What is this procedure, pray tell?

To be honest, I find it a little cheap to place tents outside the map grid.

We've had just about all our camps robbed within a few days after creating (inside the grid). However suggestions within our team, to go off grid, has been declined.

They won't be deleted. Be careful though' date=' people do search for off-map tents and vehicles.

[/quote']

Interesting...

No worries im 15Km away from map :P

I know the way through The Green Seas

Also it worked the tents can be saved and even after a Restart.

The best feature is that u cant open them' date=' unless ofcourse you know the proper procedure (as in a lock key) really nice behavior from the tents outside the map

[/quote']

I hope the server your tent is on is running patch 1.7, and that the items stored inside are worth running 15 km for.

Good luck with that.

IMHO, should get rid of tents entirely and allow goodies to be buried, or have usable storage in buildings.

Seems like a waste of time, unless you have a chopper.

I found 4 tents outside the map area a few days ago. Have video of it, will link to it later when I get home.

Basically you can see the tents from afar, but when you get close to them the disappear unless you use zoom, or in this case I sat on the ATV which they stored the also and then the tents appeared..

As you know the tents cannot be accessed while zoomed in, I was alone, so I wasn't able to test if someone with me could access them while I was zoomed in..

I think placing stuff outside the boundaries is pretty cheap. But I also think maybe they should expand the map and make it even bigger with big parts where there is only wilderness. Also you should be able to place tents IN the woods (never been able to do this yet), not just on open ground/near treeline.