porkus_maximus

Has the hero skin changed your gameplay experience at all?

Because it hasn't changed mine. I've had the hero skin for about a week now and I have not encountered a single civilian that doesn't try to kill me on sight.

Yes, for me anyway.

I don't shoot players with hero skins unless they shoot at me

I don't shoot civilian skins unless they are a threat

I will shoot bandits even if they are unarmed

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

Well some people (who are not the dicks that kill everyone) choose to not kill them because it shows off they won't kill other survivors.

Or you are just one lucky dude.

Thats because all the civilians are Zeds now.

i have had a good run lately 8 survivors in row not trying to kill me and fun friendly interactions with all. But none of them knew why my skin was different =/ I taught them all so hopefully they are respectful to heros in the future!

I'd say it's helped, to the degree that people give me about a tenth of a second to respond to their shrill scream of "FRIENDLY?!" before they decide that my face would look better with bullets in it. On the other hand, it's not hard to cheat the system, and plenty of bandits walk around with the hero skin, so I still shoot anyone who I deem shifty looking.

I got my hero skin today. It's been a long time coming, and a very tense one trying to find that last survivor to help to get my last bit of humanity.

Since Monday I was on 4988 humanity, finally encountered a wounded newbie today outside Elektro, gave him a transfusion and my M1911. Fortunately he didn't try to shoot me in the back and I now have my new swanky clothing!

I'll post an update if I notice any differences in my interactions with other players.

Deffinitely helped, I ran with my friend who has ghillie, Im wearing hero skin and for some reasons, sniper shot my ghillie friend and left me alone O_O

I saw him with my thermal but he just left me be O_O

how cool is that :D

i got no diffrent..

simple cause i cant get the fucking hero skin with my -500k humanity!!!

its sooo senseless.. also if u die everything gets reset except ur humanity.. such a fail

i got no diffrent..

its sooo senseless.. also if u die everything gets reset except ur humanity.. such a fail

I don't really see as a fail. The mentality that a player uses must be kept among all the lives that character will have.

There are people who are proud of their skin (hero or bandit) and work hard to achieve those, besides is not a gamebreaker.

Yes it has. It makes me want to kill him more as he looks like he has more beans in his pouches than the average survivor.

• Like 1

i got no diffrent..

If humanity and skins reset upon death, what would be the point in them ?

i got no diffrent..

You deserve it.

Yes it has. It makes me want to kill him more as he looks like he has more beans in his pouches than the average survivor.

Why shoot us when you can just aske for the bean ?

We might even give you some other good stuff while you at it ;)

Edited by Verticalslum

If humanity and skins reset upon death, what would be the point in them ?

But a simpler way to increase your humanity would maybe not so bad.

I run today after a server restart into one survivor with a ghillie in the church in elektro and asked three times if he is friendly just to be shoot at after he realised where in the church i was.

He didn't hit with his enfield and i shot him with one shot from my makarov.

Then i discovered that i was having one murder on the debug monitor.

A few seconds later another survivor run into the church, i asked him too if he is friendly, got shot the second time and killed him, murder count was now two and i should have the bandit skin now(though i don't know for sure since i'm wearing camo) and everyone is shooting on sight when they see a bandit....just great -.-

died every time with hero skin. people do not give 2 shits.

I feel it has helped but i think it would help more if people knew what it was! haha most people don't seem to know why I look different!

Makes you run faster than a normal bandit, that's something atleast. Other than that I wear a ghillie suit so I haven't noticed.

I'm a hero and i play the way i would be in real life, if you have to try to become a hero via the methods open to you i think as a player your kidding yourself. Go with what feels natural, i have buddy who i play Dayz with Parker and he has a different outlook when he plays he will kill anything, so makes for a very unusual playing experience.

Ive always played the hero, so no its not changed my gameplay except for one thing:

One of my teamates shot me 3 times with a G17 to test the so called bullet proof jacket and it worked.

3 body shots with a hero skin on.....no damage but still went into shock

So on a new spawn when I see a bandit with a pistol shooting at me, I run at him in the open with a hachet and wait for him to scream "OMFG hacker hacker" after he unloads 60 rounds into my body

Some people are so dumb

• Like 1

i got no diffrent..

Thats done on purpose and -500k humanity? ha you deserve to be shot on site

Yes, for me anyway.

I don't shoot players with hero skins unless they shoot at me

I don't shoot civilian skins unless they are a threat

I will shoot bandits even if they are unarmed

I have been a hero for a while now, I have ran into a rare few who are nice and know what my hero skin is. The rest just shoot on site...