Michel (DayZ)

AS50 or SVD camo

Hey lads and gents,

I'm a lone wolf and having trouble chosing my gear. ATM I have a L85 as my close combat/scout weapon, now I also have the choice to choose a sniper with it. I can choose between the AS50 or the SVD camo. Only thing is, I don't know what to chose.

The SVD looks nice, had great camo (fits to my ghillie, since you mostly can spot people with ghillies because you see their gun). Only thing is, the aiming is pretty hard.

The AS50 hasn't got camo and is very loud, aiming is much easier tho and the zoom is better.

I'd have a rangefinder and NVG, so the choise doesn't have to depend on that. I also have 6 clips for both guns.

What do you people recommend me to do?

I think you should base your choice on whatever scope your more comfortable with. The SVD does help you stay hidden much more easily though so it's a tough call.

Do you have rangefinders? Totally ignored the 2nd to last line.

If not SVD.

SVD would be my choice either way, but AS 50 is a great rifle.

Edited by Criminal

AS50 isn't very loud. I agree the SVD looks better but I think that is louder. It's a hard decision, just try both of them and see what one you like better.

AS50 the svd is just for looks

Edited by Subtex

... ATM I have a L85 as my close combat/scout weapon, *snip*

OMG.. the worst gun eva!! for cqc and that is what you use?.. lawl..

Hey Dekker, I'm sorry. Already having a deal with a rl friend of mine. If I find one, it's yours tho!

@Calibre,

Thats you opinion. I love it to scan with the 'heatthing' on it.

OMG.. the worst gun eva!! for cqc and that is what you use?.. lawl..

It's pretty invaluable in certain areas like the forests in the NE. Has saved my ass loads of time by letting me spot players before they spot me. I agree there's better CQC weapons but like every other rifle, there's pro's and cons. lawl..

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Once you've learn how to use the built in range finder of the SVD, it can be very effective. I had it once and im still crying over it because my inventory got wipe (spawn at the coast, with everything gone, not even a backpack, get to keep my ghillie though)

And how about the speed of the bullets? Wich one shoots faster? AS50 is 1 hit 1 kill... Another pro

It's pretty invaluable in certain areas like the forests in the NE. Has saved my ass loads of time by letting me spot players before they spot me. I agree there's better CQC weapons but like every other rifle, there's pro's and cons. lawl..

Yeah every gun has pros and con, but my fav gun so far must be M4 CCO SD. I wish they let you take out attachment from other gun and put it any gun you want, I would have put thermal on the M4SD :D!

but here i go again in my dream world.

And how about the speed of the bullets? Wich one shoots faster? AS50 is 1 hit 1 kill... Another pro

AS50 no doubt, high muzzle velocity, 1 hit kill, longer effective range(if you fancy that)

SVD is about 2 shot kill

ammunitions on both guns are quite rare so, its what you prefer...

Edited by Verticalslum
  • Like 1

Okay the thing with thie SVD is that it has a built in, easy to understand rangefinder.... sure its a nice light sniper you can carry around and makes you hidden.... but only downsides is the lesser zoom and actually the incredibly rare ammo. Whilest the AS50 has an incredible DMG output from 37552 with m107 ammo and with AS50 ammo 174205! And with the AS50 you have 2 ammotypes to choose from.

You can one hit disable cars helis.... well everything with the AS50... while even remaining awesome accuracy and low recoil.

The SVD has an audioble range of 180 and the AS50 455. Effective range is 1200 on the SVD and 1600 on the AS50....

actually I think its not hard to choose. AS50.

• Like 1

AS50 the svd is just for looks

I'd like you to say that again if you are hit by one :D

Yes it's not a 1 hit kill weapon that all the uberpwnern00bsnipingsniperz fancy but it's not as useless as you might think.

for style use svd

for easy kills use as50

nvg is useless on snipers except for the DMR

Yeah every gun has pros and con, but my fav gun so far must be M4 CCO SD. I wish they let you take out attachment from other gun and put it any gun you want, I would have put thermal on the M4SD :D!

but here i go again in my dream world.

One of my favs too. I've recently fallen in love with the FN FAL with night scope though.

AS50 because it can also use m107 mags which I'm seeing a lot. its also a one shot kill and has a much higher effective range. you can sit far enough back from whatever you're sniping that only another 50cal is a real threat

I finally found another AS50, and in the same night took out 2 buses one after the other in 30 seconds. They were coming up the highway from Kamenka, and never made it to the next town. First one was a lucky shot to the tire, and second was a dead-head-on shot, right into the driver. It always makes me laugh how the bus spits out dead passengers....