terrvik

Remove names of rifles in inventory?

Since there is so much focus on "if you are good on it in real life, you are good on it in DayZ" I have a suggestion on how to expand on that.

If the names and descriptions were removed in the inventory you would either have to learn what weapon is what through experience playing the game or real life knowledge of weaponry. When you pick something up it should only say "Pick up Rifle" or "Pick up Handgun" but nothing else. The only available descriptions should be those necessary because of engine limitations (like telling you about a mounted flashlight you can't see because of graphic issues or whatever :) )

Same thing with ammo. Maybe it could describe what caliber it is but not tell you what gun use it.

People who knows guns will have an advantage over people like me who have no clue about anything. As it should be. :)

• Like 4

I like the idea but in reality it would probably just result in the wiki site getting more visitors.

Sounds like a good concept, as not everyone knows what weapons take what ammunition. so i think it'd quite cool, although as someone above said, many weapons have its name on it and calibre somewhere on the weapon.

I would prefer to see this implemented with actual skills in game, where people without skills will see the same generic model for all bullets and as their skill gets better they will see handgun/rifle, then large caliber/small, then true descriptions/images.

Could do something similar with weapons with the generic models.

Otherwise I agree that it would only get more visits to the wiki page, this could be combated with a shitload of different images used in the inventory though, and give the ability for the player to keep loose bullets in something like a can with no automatic grouping of like items.

it's a good idea but i think it would give too much stress to beginner gamers.

yeah it would be cool, maybe for vet + servers only though.

there is already a lot of stress to new players that don't understand what is happening and stop playing the game. this would really rub it in

This would be a horrible idea because as someone said above, every single weapon in the world has to have info about it on it somewhere (ussaly barrel) example: lee enfield mk4 .303

I have never seen a gun without its model, calibre and make on the side somewhere.

Edited by conthefruiter

includes your plan an option like "pick up that hacked weapon that dont belongs ingame (Dont do it plsssss)"