ElRolle

DayZRP.com - role playing servers [DayZRP Mod|Roleplaying|Events|Strict Whitelist|Player Camps|Trade Post]

You are a bandit that sneaks close to a survivor and hides behind bushes. You command that survivor to drop all his stuff. The guy notices where you are (direct communication is directional) and shoots you. You are behind cover, so he misses. You're free to kill him then.

Noone breaks the rules, the survivor is being robbed/kidnapped. The bandit is being shot at.

Other outcome of the same encounter can be that the survivor gets scared and tries to run. The bandit can then shoot.

The basis of an RPG using Dayz is a great idea. Well done for implementing it. I am still confused though, about your rules that permit and don't permit shooting.

What happens if the bandit commands someone to drop his gun and he doesn't?

He doesn't shoot back, he doesn't hide, he doesn't try to escape. He just stands there and points his gun at the bandits face.

The person being robbed isn't taking any action whereby the rules allow the bandit to open fire, yet the survivor may open fire at any time as he is being robbed.

That response seems to me to be the most likely and yet it doesn't fit into any of the rule areas to permit someone to shoot.

Banditry seems guaranteed to fail under these rules.

Edited by Digby

If someone is not complying and does not follow your orders after several warnings you are free to kill them.

Server has been updated, see the changelog on the website for detailed information.

If someone is not complying and does not follow your orders after several warnings you are free to kill them.

So if the victim turns and aims his weapon at the first warning, and shoots the bandit in the head the victim is free to do that, yet at that point (before several warnings have been given) the bandit cannot even open fire. Interesting.

I suppose you would have to be a stupid bandit to get so close and reveal yourself that the victim could see you and aim instantly but even so... Its a big advantage to the victims.

Edited by Digby

Server logs like kill logs and login/logout logs, real time map of the servers with all players and vehicles. Most of the time we have a staff member monitoring the servers.

Rules have been updated, difficulty has been increased to Expert.

• Like 1

Server updated to 1.7.3! We also introduced new security and prevention methods against cheaters and people who break the server rules.

Just correcting you on your incorrect usage of the phrase 'how the game was meant to be played'.

Rolle's usage of the term doesn't need correcting, since its his opinion. Just FYI, his 50 spot server RP1 is at capacity during game daylight hours and its very hard to get on. 2 servers are running with day/night cycles in opposition and both are busy. Community has 1000 members. Sems a lot of people share Rolle's opinion on what makes DayZ more enjoyable to play.

1.7.3 is going really well on Rp 1 and Rp2, I'm having a blast recently. Any problems are quickly solved by Rolle.

Although sometimes its hard to get on Rp1 as Digby says you can get onto the other server in those situations.

We now have care packages and various vehicle wrecks with loot spawning around the Chernarus.

I love that crashed C130/Hercules - i'm proud when find one ^^

I won't play on other servers, i'll stay on Your DayzRp because of people and more realistic feelings from game <3

It's not :)

Meanwhile in dayzrp

Infiltrating Clan Colorado Boys - Episode 16 - Pizza Delivery

( just example what goes down in dayzrp )

+2 ds

i will give your servers a try. be nice to have something different then KOS all the time.

Meanwhile in dayzrp

Infiltrating Clan Colorado Boys - Episode 16 - Pizza Delivery

( just example what goes down in dayzrp )

!

+2 ds

Aww, now I feel bad for banning them for scripting and KoS :(

We currently have some issues with DDoS, should hopefully get better during the evening.