oshi7

Do you consider the mod playable any more?

On my group's server, which usually has less than 15 players, we have already found 4 camps with hacked guns, and we have had multiple hackers spawn helicopters. Once we had a hacker teleporting around killing us, and spawning weapon crates, but that was weeks ago.

Artifacts and tents/vehicles disappearing and not saving loot is much more frustrating right now.

I seen your videos and streams and I enjoyed watching them.

It's my understanding that a lot of streamers have stopped now because of the rampant hacking, and I don't blame them.

It is literally impossible to have a decent engagement now, I'd say 30% of the people that kill me are blatantly hacking, another 20% are very likely hacking.

We've been trying some private hives, those seems to be a little better at kicking the scripters, but they still have their problems.

People keep posting saying 'I've only seen 2 hackers etc', I'd hazard to guess they're either 1. not engaging in PvP very often 2. hacking themselves and trolling us 3. they're idiots who don't know how to spot it.

2-3 weeks ago was when it got to the point that you couldn't play for more than an hour on a decently populated server (30+ players) without being teleported/thrown into the air/thunderdomed or killed by someone who laughed at you because he was in 'god mode'.

To be honest i have only had run ins with hackers around 5/8 times since i started playing at the beginning of the mod. All of those were when i and my squad were high in the leaderboard. We now avoid killing zombies if at all possible.

Imho not playable anymore. You are not able to join a server with > 20 players without having at least one hacker killing you.

Guess we cant do anything but wait for the standalone and pray to god that cheating isnt that easy anymore.

I consider this mod an Alpha... not even a beta, do you guys understand what that means ? you are not playing a finished game, you are playing a mod that it's in construction and as such there are major bugs, glitches and security holes that gives hackers the possibility to exploit them. The hacking going rampart it's a fallout of the mod's success and until the mod is fully finished or the standalone version is released don't expect things to change, game development takes years and you people expect updates every week ? most of the replies I read on this topic follow the same pattern of treating the mod as a finished game.

Stop treating the game as a finished product and start treating is as what it is, an Alpha that is still in development.

I consider this mod an Alpha... not even a beta, do you guys understand what that means ? you are not playing a finished game, you are playing a mod that it's in construction and as such there are major bugs, glitches and security holes that gives hackers the possibility to exploit them. The hacking going rampart it's a fallout of the mod's success and until the mod is fully finished or the standalone version is released don't expect things to change, game development takes years and you people expect updates every week ? most of the replies I read on this topic follow the same pattern of treating the mod as a finished game.

Stop treating the game as a finished product and start treating is as what it is, an Alpha that is still in development.

Unfortunately that doesn't cut it any more. Rocket and Bohemia are selling us the game DayZ on the premise that we're enjoying the mod DayZ. If the mod tanks and people start getting bored with it because of hackers and being unable to play properly, then the game will not do well. Its getting to the point where Rocket should probably consider closing down the mod, taking the central hive offline and do nothing but work on the stand alone exclusively.
  • Like 5

I don't play anymore.

Except to test scripts cos I'm a 1337 haxxx0r.

But srs, Dead Island is where it's at.

Unfortunately that doesn't cut it any more. Rocket and Bohemia are selling us the game DayZ on the premise that we're enjoying the mod DayZ. If the mod tanks and people start getting bored with it because of hackers and being unable to play properly, then the game will not do well. Its getting to the point where Rocket should probably consider closing down the mod, taking the central hive offline and do nothing but work on the stand alone exclusively.

That sounds like the best suggestion I've heard past few weeks, it's entirely up to you if you find the mod playable or not but personally I find it fun and playable, I run daily with mates from my gaming community and we have lots of fun, to each it's own, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the hackers, grieving, server jumping and ghosting gone as much as the next guy but currently the mod is not at that stage so you can either compensate for that or quit.

well. i opened the game.. joined the server.. it works. so yeah its playable

/sarcasm

ive only seen 1 hacker in 160 hours of gameplay. uk servers ftw!

It's funny how the OP says Sacriel isn't interested in playing anymore even though he released a 26 min video today...

Those videos were footage recorded over a week ago. Generally it's taken from past streams.

Oshi, you may recognize me from your stream, but I really do agree with you. The game seems so watered down now compared to what it was in early june. No one goes north anymore. If you want to kill people, you pretty much have to resort to sitting down south killing the assholes shooting people with a flashlight and painkillers. It truly is sad. The game used to have so much depth. Good weapons used to be rare and when you found one, it gave you that feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. Now with the rampant duping due to the hive bugging everything up and tents just non stop duping items even if people aren't trying to dupe, finding an AS50 is about as easy as finding a bandage. I still play the game since their currently isn't a game out that recreates the tension felt in DayZ combat. I really hope yourself and Chris come back for the standalone, as hopefully the amount of hacking will cease to little or nothing as well as the game having new features, and a slightly better engine(even if it is a mix of RV3/4). You guys were the best streamers/youtubers when it came to DayZ, absolutely. Saddens me to hear about your departure(if you're going to quit for now that is) but I certainly do not blame you. I just hope Rocket listens to the veterans of this game and realizes we need some change, and we need it quickly.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

The bugs are honestly having a worse effect upon me than the hackers. At least you can kill hackers(when they're not in god mode), the bugs are inescapable now. 3/4 or more servers(same mod/beta version as client) give errors, every other time I can actually login I suffer insta death, teleport to the coast naked, teleport to debug naked, or teleport to coast w/ gear. Every reset kills any progress made with tents and vehicles. What's the point in even attempting to play or test anymore?

The game needs more hackers imo!. Run this shitty game into the ground!.

Coming from the guy who just got done getting there arse handed to them in another post for being a nub. Here we go again.

*deleted my rant*

If you guys can't stand to deal with the problem you helped create, get a server lock it and invite squads in. Youtubers and streamers show the glory of DayZ, and some glorified the hackers script bitches. You guys help make DayZ a success and now that the flood gates are open you whine? What did you expect? Most of us don't scream and kick when we are victims of a douche in game, we chug along and try again. I will admit it seems that there are less "hacks" lately tho.

I dig/respect what some of you are doing, but ffs grow a pair. (or quit)

(damn still a rant huh?)

That's what I've been saying for the last 2 weeks, but no one's listening, certainly not the dev team.

*deleted my rant*

If you guys can't stand to deal with the problem you helped create, get a server lock it and invite squads in. Youtubers and streamers show the glory of DayZ, and some glorified the hackers script bitches. You guys help make DayZ a success and now that the flood gates are open you whine? What did you expect? Most of us don't scream and kick when we are victims of a douche in game, we chug along and try again. I will admit it seems that there are less "hacks" lately tho.

I dig/respect what some of you are doing, but ffs grow a pair. (or quit)

(damn still a rant huh?)

So, it's our fault that the game is flooded with hackers because we PvP'd too much?

i just find it almost impossible to join servers now... either the updaters jack up the ability in loggin in some servers or others refuse to update and making you revert to an older patch to play some servers and then spend the time to update it again to play back on your buds server.. it's almost to much effort to just play a game where hackers run rampant...

Use DayZ Commander, probably the best way to update not only DayZ but Arma 2 OA as well.

This is one of the funnest, and funniest games I've ever played. I have a blast playing it. But recently, I do agree that the hackers are out of control. Just the other day I replied to a thread on the forums about joining a clan. I went to meetup with them, they teleported me to their base and told me to gear up with their spawned guns. Unlimited as50's isn't very fun.

Yea, the game is only in Alpha, but it is getting extremely hard to just play the game anymore. I understand the bugs and stuff, that's to be expected. But I never would of guessed that hacking would be this big of an issue. Not just the regular life hacks, teleportation hacks or whatever else is out there, but the weapon hacks are stupid.

I'm excited to watch this game become more developed, it's awesome!

So, it's our fault that the game is flooded with hackers because we PvP'd too much?

No dumb ass it isn't your fault, it is the script bitches fault. What I was saying was if you show off a great game and people come in droves, you helped contribute to the popularity of said game. I don't blame the streamers and youtubers, I blame the lil dicked goat fuckers who can't play by the rules. Just ffs if you glorified the game and complain about the riff raff you helped bring in, stfu and deal with it or don't idc.

i'm experiencing it alot more recently, twice people have teleported behind me and shot me with a gun that shudnt be in the game.

then me and my friends all got teleported into the sea randomly.

its sad that the hackers dont get how badly they hurt the game

In a way i do consider it unplayable at the moment. If you wish to survive for long and head on up north that is.

That is why now i just hang around Cherno, Elektro and Balota. You can still get some decent gear and when the hackers drop in and fuck you up it isnt really an issue to start again. To be honest i am actually having more fun now than i ever did soloing it up north.

Until the standalone or private hives are established with the mod i will just continue to protect my cosy little Cherno apartment.

Truthfully, I would find it acceptable if they just reverted the game back to say version 1.7.1.5, arguably the most stable patch they put out. Then open the mod up, let admins lock their servers and invite only people that go through an approval or registration process, or allow private hives. Then, take all focus off the mod and go into full stand-alone mode. Sure, we wouldn't have features like the new dogs, or bandit/hero skins, but the game was absolutely 100% playable at that stage. Very little bugs, certainly no gamebreaking ones for sure. No graphical bugs. No endless tent duping. Tents saved properly. That was mid june to early july if memory serves me correctly. That was my funnest time with the mod.

What I mean by "opening up" the mod would be allow people to mod, and or do what they want with the mod, as long as it doesn't breach any agreement rocket put forth. They could just set it & forget it as long as it was in a perfectly playable stage, and not many people would be complaining. We'd have a fun game to hold us off until the full featured standalone is released. I do believe Rocket made a comment in an interview, or maybe a Reddit post stating he was going to do just that. Open it up.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 2

Sacriel has been whining since day 1. Meh

He hasn't been whining. He just wants this game to do well because he truly does enjoy it,and it's concept. There's nothing wrong with criticism.

As far as the hive buggering shit up with tents/vehicles not saving, here's a message I received from Vilayer.

Over the past few days we have been in discussion with DayZ in regards to the current bugs in the game.

We are going to be providing DayZMod a new machine to host their HIVE, This should resolve any packet loss and lag issues that users may be having from the current HIVE.

Also while the transfer is going to be made, there is going to be another update released that will contains fixes for the tents saving and other items that may have been causing issues.

This may or may not be made public, it could be a private update that is required on the HIVE and Server Side only.

Please note that this is not official yet and you are receiving this information because you are a Vilayer LTD customer and we want everyone to be within the loop.

We are currently the largest host for DayZ and we hope that we continue to be the largest host for DayZ.

We want to thank all customers for using our service for DayZ and we hope you continue to do so.

Soon enough we believe that this mod will become DayZGame at the end of November, Vilayer LTD will be providing Game Servers for DayZGame and if you wish your server will be automatically changed to the standalone version of this game upon release.

We are working as hard as we can with the developers to try and resolve all prior issues with the HIVE and Game before the standalone is released.

We're not 100% sure when the HIVE will be moved / fixed however we will inform you when it has.

As per the normal if you have any questions please let us know.

So, it looks like a fix may be coming sooner rather than later. We can only hope so anyway.

I'm pretty sure they were saying that all the streamers and Youtubers who have been constantly streaming and making videos are the people who made the game popular.

The more popular the game became, the more people who started playing it. As the masses started playing of course the scriptkiddies came into the game.

I have no doubt that if the mod stayed at the size that Rocket figured it to be, just a couple hundred people, these issues wouldn't have come up.

It's my understanding that this mod was never intended to be this big. It grew too big too fast. I could be wrong but I believe Minecraft didn't even gathered this big of a following this quickly.

There was no way for Rocket to have prevented this from happening and there really isn't anything that can be done about it except for stopping production of the standalone to work on the issues of scripters in the mod.

The best suggestion I have seen is the taking down of the hive and just letting each server fend for themselves. Sure there will still be scripters in the games but without the hive and with server owners able to lock down their servers and do whatever they want, it might curb the problem until the standalone is released.

• Like 1