abnormalweeny

Would you Abort if in Danger of death?

From my own personal experience a hig percentage of players do combat log. I'd love to be able to pin somebody down in a building by covering exits and firing a shot or two now and then, but I'd say 8/10 times I don't kill somebody with the first couple of shots they just abort.

I will combat log if i suspect a hacker is involved and on the odd occasion that someone server hops to kill me - this happens more often than people think. The amount of times I've had someone pinned in a building only to get shot by them from behind is startling.

These things are taking some of the fun out of the game, but once it's been fixed (fingers crossed) for the standalone we can all start terrorizing people effectively again.

Peace

If I'm dealing with a hacker, I'll abort. Otherwise, no. I never alt-f4 though. If you're in a situation where you'd be dead before you could his esc then abort on the menu, you don't deserve to live.

My usual policy is simple. If someone is firing at me and I don't want to engage, I flee behind cover. Once I feel like I've lost them, I wait a few minutes. No gunshots = safe to log out.

Although I will admit, I have combat logged to deal with zombies before. Being in one of those small log cabin houses with a horde of zombies at the only door and a face full of artifacts gets annoying after a while, especially when you don't have time to flush between zombie kills.

Oh, and there was this one questionable time where I was looting the barracks at the NWAF. Walked in the last room right as another guy tried logging in. Had the opportunity to kill him while he loaded, but instead quickly exited the barracks, hid in the nearby treeline, and logged off without him ever seeing me. Did that only to avoid having to kill the guy, since never once have I met anyone at the NWAF that didn't shoot on sight, and I am most certainly not a bandit.

I wonder how many people think like you do. Your not a part of the solution your a part of the problem. Why play DayZ if your going to do this? i don't get it. The tension and fear this game can make you feel is one of its major selling points. your missing out on 90% of what this game has to offer. So you may not survive to see the endgame that has not been made yet. ohnoes!

Of course. But why should I do anything about it? No other combat logger is going to start playing fair anytime soon and I'm not some sort of Mother Theresa. The way I look at it, it's just a waste of my time if I have to spend 30-60 minutes gearing up again and then move back to the spot I want to be at, while I will constantly be denied loot if I try to kill other snipers with anything less than an AS50.

Edited by Herr Robert

- Shot a guy on open field: he passed out, then combat-logged.

- Shot two guys looting tents 20 m away from me (I was looting them too!), one combat logged instantly, the other rushed me with his .50 cal., shot me, THEN combat logged.

- Shot a guy at NEA, he escaped into the hangar, then combat logged.

- Firefight with other clan on our Clanserver: not only did they use hacked-in weapons (AS-50 TWS), they also combat-logged like hell once they got shot at or killed so their bodies (well some of them) disappeared.

Just some example from the past 7 days of DayZ. In the same time I was killed two times because I did not combat-log when things started to get ugly. Even though the others did in the same firefight.

I wish serverhosting guidelines wouldn't be that strict. Then it would be easier to ban those guys from a server. Right now you need logs and proof to do it, else your server might get blacklisted. If Admins could issue bans for those guys more easily I think the problem might solve itself sooner or alter. Once those guys get banned on most servers they will wish they never logged. In the end the admins pay for the server so they should have more freedoms getting rid of unfair players that ruin the fun for others. Yes DayZ is supposed to be a huge sandbox, but right now it's a sandbox filled with kiddies, hackers and unfair players (the professional combat-loggers) a lot of the time. I wish there would be more friendly and honest players around. I meet them so rarely and DayZ would be so much more fun that way for everyone. :(

Edited by System98

The way I look at it, it's just a waste of my time if I have to spend 30-60 minutes gearing up again

I think you may wish to review if DayZ, or games of this type, are actually ones you want to play.

• Like 2

Of course. But why should I do anything about it? No other combat logger is going to start playing fair anytime soon and I'm not some sort of Mother Theresa. The way I look at it, it's just a waste of my time if I have to spend 30-60 minutes gearing up again and then move back to the spot I want to be at, while I will constantly be denied loot if I try to kill other snipers with anything less than an AS50.

Yeah instead you alt-f4 when under threat but happily loot the corpses of the ones who stood and took it. You can use as many excuses you want, but you, sir, are a pussy. Might be a real nice ol' chap in real life, but in this game there is only one definition for what you are.

Can't wait for the standalone game when this is sorted.

• Like 1

Well I was in a situation where I was in a state of shock, almost got hit and just didn't know what to do.

We found a truck me and my two friends few days ago, we all had Ghillies and the truck had some good gear, mostly unique flare grenades used from a grenade launcher, some frags and smokes but that was it, well we were patrolling the area, I was putting every car part into it so we had everything needed to build a second one in case it would blow up, a tyre would be bust etc.

So we went to investigate another helicopter crash after we found two, which had Bizons and FAL's, not best but good, the FAL is great and I use it till now. So we hear a chopper and decide to take the dirt roads, we hear it getting off into the distance and suddenly it gets louder and louder, we just continued driving south from Gorka nad we found this little quarry place, I and my friend went out as always to scavenge, the driver tried to park it somewhere under a roof thing and suddenly the chopper flew really close to us but it didn't see us, just continued towards the shore. We were very happy so the driver comes out, starts going towards us and SWOSH an M107 round gets him in the chest, dead. Skype call gets into 3 people chaos, from silent to ultra panic shouting, we don't know what to do, the chopper gets loud again and my friend can see it so he starts running around the unfinished building and SWOSH gets headshoted, I am left there with a helicopter that keeps roaming around and disappearing a lethal sniper and a truck full of goods. I am shouting - "WHAT TO DO, I CAN HIDE, SEE WHERE ARE THE SHOTS COMING FROM OR ABORT" I was so afraid, didn't have an idea what to do, I was in loads of sniper pin downs and gun battles and I don't know why I thought of aborting. My friends started shouting - "No! We will lose the truck, we will have to start from scratch, go for the truck!" in meantime the chopper went again, the sniper still knew I was there and he was about 400m away from the building in his ghillie in the trees and I decide to run out into the truck. I run through an opening to the stairs and I feel like in that scene of Enemy At Gates where Vasilli (Jude Law) jumps behind his friend and his friend gets shot which stops the bullet from hitting Vasilli. As I'm next to the truck my friend says - "I forgot to add, I jammed it in case a situation like that would happen!". I dodge about 3 rounds somehow and I get in the truck and it's stuck, I can't do anything, I start reversing and going forward, nothing is happening, suddenly the window can't take it anymore and it bursts. My heart is beating like mental, I know I'm gonna lose everything, my squad will be disappointed and that I will lose the Ghillie, a precious piece of clothing for me.

Suddenly as I hear the gunshot the truck MOVES and I'm on the go, It hit the truck and somehow it didn't blew up. I hit the gate, it destroys it and I'm going forward with a gate stuck on my front, I leave and I meet my colleagues on the outskirts of Elektro, a day worth living for ;)

So remember, NEVER ABORT, IT SPOILS YOURS AND OTHERS GAME.

Edited by Snafu18
  • Like 1

Never! If I get shot on of course I run away and place myself under a tree or something and wait to see if he is chasing me cause if he is, I have turned the tide and I have the advantage.

I only abort in 2 situations:

1. Hackers. If I'm under seige from a hacker, I have no problems aborting. They're fucking hackers, I can do whatever the fuck I want to avoid them killing me. Fuck them.

2. Pre-loading. If I"m on the loading screen, and I hear world war 3 before I've even spawned, I will abort. Reason being here is that you spawn in before you're fully loaded, meaning that if you're in a bloody war zone, you're gonna get butchered before you can even see anything, let alone fight back. I try to avoid that situation whenever possible.

You, my friend, are hilarious.

Why do so many people quote 'everyone' ..not everyone aborts because they are worried about losing their shit. Speak for yourself man :) Your game style is not everyones game style.

Yes the "pussyi'malittlegirl" game style.

Yeah instead you alt-f4 when under threat but happily loot the corpses of the ones who stood and took it. You can use as many excuses you want, but you, sir, are a pussy. Might be a real nice ol' chap in real life, but in this game there is only one definition for what you are.

Well, I don't care what others think. I'm just posting here to give my perspective on the matter. It is a lame way of playing, but in a game where almost everyone does it, there's simply no point to play fair in this regard. And besides, the only reason I actually kill well-geared players and get the chance to loot them, is because I'm using the AS50 or manage to kill them fast enough. Most of them would likely have combat logged in a heartbeat if I had given them the chance.

Can't wait for the standalone game when this is sorted.

Same here.

It sucks when you are on the rare quick-loading server in DayZ, because if you are being chased by zeds you can abort, go in 5 seconds later, no zombies, go to wherever you need to, and if you attract zombies just clicking that magical Abort button will instantly get them off you!

If anyone you know "Aborts" because of exploiting or convenience or pvp, just shoot him when he connects again, even if you are on TS with them

I did once. A couple of my friends and I were in the barracks at the NWAF and the server was about to restart. One of my friends thought it'd be funny to fire off his m107 in the middle of the barracks, attracting every zed within 450 m. It wasn't funny, and I decided to abort.

The only other reason I could see as a reasonable reason to abort is if you are attacked by a hacker. Otherwise, you should just take the death.

Well, I don't care what others think. I'm just posting here to give my perspective on the matter. It is a lame way of playing, but in a game where almost everyone does it, there's simply no point to play fair in this regard. And besides, the only reason I actually kill well-geared players and get the chance to loot them, is because I'm using the AS50 or manage to kill them fast enough. Most of them would likely have combat logged in a heartbeat if I had given them the chance.

Same here.

Ok, so if everyone else is an asshole makes you the right to be one too? I hope not to many people think like this irl, well actually they do. For real in that case blow this earth to pieces cause most of the human rase is a totall fucked up bunch of animals. Yes Im human btw.

i really dont understand the mind of the PVP combat logger..

its one thing if your a carebear like myself who's never gunna attack a fellow player.. i will logout if i think another player will attack me.

but when you purposely go out to hunt other players (like sniping from that rooftop), then what on earth would you combat log for ??

you basicly just wanmt an I WIN button, and if you dont get it you log out ???

sorry but thats lame as shit.

Ive only aborted once when some guy with a L85 was hunting me down, it does ruin gameplay..

Personally, I won't combat log unless something occurs that is CLEARLY a bug/glitch or a hack.

I have only combat logged under the following conditions:

1) Hackers, in any sort of manner. I just peace out. GOOD BYE.

2) Bugs/Glitches such as SEVERAL zombies walking through walls and then breaking my legs when I cannot escape. Since zombies obviously should not be able to walk through walls, this is in my opinion grounds for combat logging.

3) An emergency in reality that requires my immediate attention.

I have been killed many times, even when I have had AMPLE opportunity to combat log out of there. Even a few times when my team members have combat logged out, and I stayed to die with honour.

Just my two beans.

Bahaha, most of you are full of shit, you all do it, I have rarely, and I mean very rarely shoot someone and they NOT bail. Unless they go down fast and don’t have time to bail, they bail. My best is to take you with me on the way out but reading these makes me laugh, if I can bail and save all my gear with my group, come back in and patch up and keep going, I’ll bail in a second. I WILL try and take you but if I am bleeding out, don’t know where the hell you are, rather than risk a friends life too, I will bail, I will be back but don’t blow smoke, you all do it, even if it is ONLY to get rid of annoying zombies chasing you, you do it lmfao!

Bahaha, most of you are full of shit, you all do it, I have rarely, and I mean very rarely shoot someone and they NOT bail. Unless they go down fast and don’t have time to bail, they bail. My best is to take you with me on the way out but reading these makes me laugh, if I can bail and save all my gear with my group, come back in and patch up and keep going, I’ll bail in a second. I WILL try and take you but if I am bleeding out, don’t know where the hell you are, rather than risk a friends life too, I will bail, I will be back but don’t blow smoke, you all do it, even if it is ONLY to get rid of annoying zombies chasing you, you do it lmfao!

Just because there's alot of pussies like you playing this game, doesn't mean we're all pussies, just because you meet alot of pussies like yourself.

I'm not a pussy, I never disconnect to save my pussy self, I'd rather die than being a pussy. Plus by not being a pussy, you learn to survive the most desperate situations, which is also the most rewarding thing you can do in DayZ. You cheat yourself of these experiences by being a pussy, thinking only of all your pussy gear, which means more to you, than being a pussy.

That's all I have to say about your pussy ways.

Also pussy!

• Like 2

I only combat logged once, I was at the NW Airfield and some guy was shooting at me with an AK, the defracting was so bad I could barely make out his name. Since a bug would have possibly resulted in my death, I left. I feel that it was an excusable reason to leave

• Like 1

I have never combat or zombie logged. I actually played the game for about a week or so before I got on the forums, and the idea never even came up in my mind, and this is when I was dying the most.

After I hopped on the forums, I started seeing a lot of "Alt+f4" hatred and "combat logging" stuff, and my first thought was, "Huh?"

Anyways, since I've learned what it was, I've never done it, although I do understand the excuses better now that I consistently get good gear. Gear is not a good reason to screw up the whole game though. It may be easy to justify, especially as prevalent as it is, but not everyone does it, and most everyone hates it when it's done to them.

Anyways, since I've learned what it was, I've never done it, although I do understand the excuses better now that I consistently get good gear. Gear is not a good reason to screw up the whole game though. It may be easy to justify, especially as prevalent as it is, but not everyone does it, and most everyone hates it when it's done to them.

Some people will do everything to get an edge, disable shadows, trun down graphics, disconnect from firefights, the game you experience is completely lost on them, they only play to have a 1337 kill/death ratio.

Solution: Get on a server with private single-server hive

People can Alt+F4, yes, but when they come back into the game you KNOW where they spawn, and they are in the game and killable before they can react

never saw an Alt+F4er on De85 private, just as i never saw anyone obviously hacking, and ghosting isn't even possible

I like private hive servers