Sign in to follow this  
error-37

DayZ Gameplay lately...

I've been playing this mod for a while. At the start I would 'encounter' people all over the place. People were still exploring and seeing what's around. Lately, however, DayZ gameplay has been dumbed down, for lack of a better analogy, to Cherno Snipers, Elektro Snipers and NW Field snipers. It doesn't matter if there's 5 or 50 people on a server. Most of them are in one of the aforementioned locations and the rest of the map has localized zeds. Lot of empty space, nothing to do really. Well alright, maybe a few random Stary snipers.

The root of the problem is the severe lack of entrable buildings in any smaller town, the lack of loot to draw people to any other place and not much else to do really. Some people will be coming up and saying "that's the point of the game" But really. Sitting on a hill under a bush for 5 hours waiting for 1-2 people to maybe come by.

Personally I hope there will be more things to do in the future. More places to go, perhaps changes to cities, making sniping harder. ( Taller buildings, narrower sidestreets, an underground perhaps?) so infiltration and variety in weapons becomes more viable again and scanning the treeline with Bino's isn't the single most important task in the game.

Maybe add another map entirely? Desert or jungle based? :lol: Or just a huge map set in a major city?

I haven't encountered a single player except my friends and some guy that was shooting at me from buttfuck no-where. Guess I just have no luck. Or luck? Depends on how you play, I wanna have some PVP now..

From Rocket's recent interview, I believe he states just what you suggest. They're building a "Chenarus+" map with more accessible buildings.

http://t.co/jktQoRG5

It seems to me people come to the forums not to read but just to bitch and moan about the game. I get so sick or reading the same QQ crap over and over again. The OP apparently has failed to do his home work or he would know that the map is going to change in the very near future.

• Like 1

if your sitting under a bush for 5 hours and only seeing 1-2 people your doing it wrong. The other day i camped a bus and within 30 mintues I found 26 people :D

if your sitting under a bush for 5 hours and only seeing 1-2 people your doing it wrong. The other day i camped a bus and within 30 mintues I found 26 people :D

Camping Cherno?

I've been playing this mod for a while. At the start I would 'encounter' people all over the place. People were still exploring and seeing what's around. Lately, however, DayZ gameplay has been dumbed down, for lack of a better analogy, to Cherno Snipers, Elektro Snipers and NW Field snipers. It doesn't matter if there's 5 or 50 people on a server. Most of them are in one of the aforementioned locations and the rest of the map has localized zeds. Lot of empty space, nothing to do really. Well alright, maybe a few random Stary snipers.

The root of the problem is the severe lack of entrable buildings in any smaller town, the lack of loot to draw people to any other place and not much else to do really.

Bzzzzt. Wrong. The reason is the hackers. No point in running for 30 minutes to explore only to have some douche mass kill the entire server or appear out of nowhere and hatchet you to death while you pointlessly dump mag after mag into him with no effect.

Why waste that time when it's only going to end up in a pointless death? Might as well get some enjoyment out of killing other players before a hacker kills you. The survival aspect of this game has been killed by script kiddies.

I think an important map consideration in the standalone to help with big town sniping will be having more access routes to useful sniping locations. A tall rooftop with only one ladder for access is only conducive to camping. Well no, there's nothing wrong with camping, but make the sniper work for it. Have to cover more than one route to his position. And no barbed wire or tank traps please.

Bzzzzt. Wrong. The reason is the hackers. No point in running for 30 minutes to explore only to have some douche mass kill the entire server or appear out of nowhere and hatchet you to death while you pointlessly dump mag after mag into him with no effect.

Why waste that time when it's only going to end up in a pointless death? Might as well get some enjoyment out of killing other players before a hacker kills you. The survival aspect of this game has been killed by script kiddies.

I disagree with you.. I play atleast 3 hours a day in high to low population servers. I have not been killed by a hacker once or seen a hacker in the same server as me. Seems like a few people have had legit problems with hackers and the other 90% have been killed by someone that they couldnt see and automatically claim it was a hacker...

True story. Buddy and I were in the old fields (most should know the area if you have left the shore) we found many camps hiding throghout the tree lines. Many of which had guns//ammo/food. I was running along checking out the many tents when I suddenly got shot and ended up on the ground bleeding and unconscious. Now we had used our thermals to see if anyone was in the area before we started to rape and pillage the tents we came across. We saw nothing. So when I got shot and was left for dead on the ground I assumed it was a hacker. Didnt see anyone, didnt hear anyone, what else could it have been? My buddy found him shortly after I regained unconsciousness and logged out to find some meat on a lower pop server. The player was killed and his loot was collected. Not a hacker.... Although even though I had no proof I assumed it was a hacker.

Most people blame the unexplained on hackers.

How can you possibly claim there isn't enough loot in small towns. Im on a life right now where I have only hit small towns for loot. Ive seriously passed up enough food and beverage to feed a small army. Loot of all types in this game are way too common and thats without going into major towns.

Bzzzzt. Wrong. The reason is the hackers.

Uhhhhhh no. Besides random curiosity there are very few reasons to go anywhere on this map except for the hotspots. Sure the first few days of playing I wanted to explore eeeeeeeverything but I soon learned that there's really very little value of going anywhere else. Why bother going to some village in the middle of bumfuck-nowhere just for a couple of minor residential spawns? Why risk dying and losing everything just to see a small town that's essentially identicle to all the rest?

Vehicles are really the only reason myself or friends explore the map but most of them are already taken by sever hosts and/or clans.

I disagree with you.. I play atleast 3 hours a day in high to low population servers. I have not been killed by a hacker once or seen a hacker in the same server as me. Seems like a few people have had legit problems with hackers and the other 90% have been killed by someone that they couldnt see and automatically claim it was a hacker...

True story. Buddy and I were in the old fields (most should know the area if you have left the shore) we found many camps hiding throghout the tree lines. Many of which had guns//ammo/food. I was running along checking out the many tents when I suddenly got shot and ended up on the ground bleeding and unconscious. Now we had used our thermals to see if anyone was in the area before we started to rape and pillage the tents we came across. We saw nothing. So when I got shot and was left for dead on the ground I assumed it was a hacker. Didnt see anyone, didnt hear anyone, what else could it have been? My buddy found him shortly after I regained unconsciousness and logged out to find some meat on a lower pop server. The player was killed and his loot was collected. Not a hacker.... Although even though I had no proof I assumed it was a hacker.

Most people blame the unexplained on hackers.

I started playing last week.. my first two days I was playing on high pop servers where hackers killed everyone via the 'thunderdome' or dropping them out of the sky about 4 times.. each time EVERYONE on the server was killed besides the disconecters.. you've just been very lucky to not encounter them.

Maybe add another map entirely? Desert or jungle based? :lol: Or just a huge map set in a major city?

There is already a jungle map (Lingor Island), and I hear there is a less played map based on Fallujah. Neither of these are officially supported, sadly, in the end, that works alot better as they have alot more protection against hackers, aswell as actually being able to ban people without having to post it on the forum.

if the entire map is full of camping snipers, this game would be uninstalled so fast..

i like the fact this game is all about exploring, and knowing certain areas are high PVP probability..

if the enitre map becomes one big DM arena, im done..

Edited by Siberian