ShinySnack

Wow. I can't believe this shit.

A hacker comes onto the server. And he doesn't mass kill us. He just TP's us to the beach littered with ammo boxes. His name was "Qzuilla" or something like that. Anyways, I tell the hacker to fuck off. And you won't believe it, but some people actually told me to fuck off. Some people actually support hackers. I can't believe it. Some people actually support hackers because they give people ammo boxes and TP everyone to the beach. Seriously. What the fuck has this game come to. Players actually don't care if people hack as long as they give everyone AS50's and Ghillie's.

Edited by ShinySnack
  • Like 1

Hackers do suck. On the other hand if a hacker TP's me and gives me ammo and weapons I would thank him. Stop being such a pussy and thank him too.

Edited by mixshows
  • Like 2

This would have been more appropriate as an entry in your diary. Not a forum post.

• Like 4

Hackers do suck. On the other hand if a hacker TP's me and gives me ammo and weapons I would thank him. Stop being such a pussy and thank him too.

You sir are a fooking idiot am sorry for your children

• Like 3

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day.

Teach a man HOW to fish, and you'll feed him for the rest of his life.

Too bad the men on DayZ are not able to learn.

• Like 2

I don't enjoy hacking, I do not indulge hackers, nor do I endorse it. However, If I do get an AS50, I am simply going to say thanks, and be on my way. Who will not do that?

• Like 2

i just love for no one has any pride in doing things themselves...whats the difference between taking stuff from an ammo box or typing in the "weapon 3" cheat code?

Edited by t3hnoob
  • Like 1

Why are you even playing this mod when you have missed the entire point of the game?

• Like 3

Wow. The whole point of this game is scavenging. If I don't get the gun myself, I feel no satisfaction in having gotten the gun.

• Like 1

I don't enjoy hacking, I do not indulge hackers, nor do I endorse it. However, If I do get an AS50, I am simply going to say thanks, and be on my way. Who will not do that?

Players more interested in the part of the game that requires effort to attain said gear. Those not interested in applying this effort to the game can make do with hand outs from hackers or find a more suitable game that spawns them into play with full military gear. If you lack the patience to play a game that requires patience, why are you torturing yourself with it in the first place?

• Like 4

me. think along the lines of accessory after the fact. or receiving stolen goods. both are cheating.

i dont think its cheating to loot a dead body and unknowingly take/use hacked weapons/ammo.

you are contradicting yourself. partaking in the box is endorsing it. and getting a pk with that hacked AS50 is probably enjoyable. if its not, you wouldnt take the weapon and use it.
  • Like 1

You're right Twoski, it probably would have been better off not on the forums. Sometimes I just feel like posting this stuff though. It started a discussion anyways, so I don't think the topic is entirely useless. :P I was just a bit mad when I logged off the server, that's all.

I was about to finish fixing a bus in Chern, when I got tele'd to a forest. He gave me items and tele'd me to Elektro.

It's pathetic.

i genuinely stay away from any ammo boxes i find after watching a friend hop and skip in delight towards one nr Kamenka... he knelt down to check it out and just vanished in a giant explosion... God it was funny, but also a good example of "Greed will Kill"

• Like 1

These forums are for discussing dayz. OP is on topic so whats the problem ? Iv heard a lot about these "friendly hackers" recently,and although they may think they are helping people, they are actually further hurting the mod. Giving a server full of people as50's is not a good thing. With duping those 50 or so guns will have now multiplied like mice. AS50 is supposed to be a rare find and a big achievement. So much for a sense of adventure.../sigh

• Like 4

I wouldn't.

And more over I'd immediately find a new server. I will not indulge a hacker in any of his shenanigans, fuck him, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Edited by HanoverFist
  • Like 1

These forums are for discussing dayz. OP is on topic so whats the problem ? Iv heard a lot about these "friendly hackers" recently,and although they may think they are helping people, they are actually further hurting the mod. Giving a server full of people as50's is not a good thing. With duping those 50 or so guns will have now multiplied like mice. AS50 is supposed to be a rare find and a big achievement. So much for a sense of adventure.../sigh

People lost the sense of adventure when they got lazy and realised things could be handed to them on silver platters, though i will say the graphical issues at the airfields etc will have kept people away from these rare loot locations and encouraged the laziness and gratitude for the rarer weapons...

Next time just start shooting and tell everyone to fuck off.

I only had an M24 I found at balota a few hours ago. No other weapon. Even if I had an automatic weapon, I would like to keep my humanity high :P

People lost the sense of adventure when they got lazy and realised things could be handed to them on silver platters, though i will say the graphical issues at the airfields etc will have kept people away from these rare loot locations and encouraged the laziness and gratitude for the rarer weapons...

I agree wholeheartedly. it does take alot away from the game. for example, i also run a server for minecraft, alot of the fun from minecraft is collecting the materials for building things. But as an admin you can spawn anything you want, and in doing that you have ruined part of the game for yourself and others that are playing. you are completely removing an aspect of the game by just creating instead of having to work for it.

Edited by Tha Fish

Inflation.

Just inflation. Lets say an original As50 is worth....50 cans of beans, because they are only "10 of them"

Now suddenly a hacker comes along, and spawns 100 As50's. Suddenly, the original As50's are worth far less because they are suddenly so common.

Get what I'm coming at? This is why you should never take hacked gear

• Like 3

You sir are a fooking idiot am sorry for your children

For thanking someone for giving me weapons? Grow a pair dude, its not that serious, especially not to mention someone elses kids in the convo. If this was a normal conversation and you were in my direct vicinity, I'd slap the living daylight out of you.