Wüstenfuchs (DayZ)

Voice & Text Communication

The Direct communication isn't working for me and my friend good.

He can read my text but if he write something, I see nothing! We use DayZ 1.7.1.5 and the newest beta patch. Any idea?

It semms people are having trouble to read or hear people using direct channel, sometimes also, i can't use side or global channel but i see some people who can...

It seems that the server Im on doesnt have Side channel enabled. Kinda takes away from an essence of server community.

Quick question, me and a mate were on BRA1 tonight and trying to use direct comm (text) when standing side by side . We could not see each others chat at all, 1.7.1.5 beta 94209- vet server. We have tried it unsuccessfully with direct comm (text only) with 93965 and 94364 as well. Obviously i can see my chat and the others can see their own but that is all.

We were all within a metre of each other with no results.

Are we missing something basic here ?

cheers

I have a question about Direct Communication.

The story is that I was hearing a player asking someone not to turn around or he would shoot on the direct communication channel. I was running in the middle of a field and obviously more than 80m away from anything that could provide any cover to someone. I kept running for a minute, looked behind me and there was nobody in sight and I was still hearing him asking the same thing and he wasn't running after me. So my guess was he was talking to someone else somewhere else. But is it possible?

Great guide, thanks for the info! Now I am definitely going to plug in my mic and have it nearby constantly so I scream at people when they shoot me :D

Direct communication works 100% since beta build 93040. I haven't had any incidents of it not working since then.

I agree, once people get used to direct communication channel, eventually no one will miss the global chat anymore. Plus we'll be getting cell phones or radios soon anyways which will allow a bit more realistic "global" chat. :)

So much to read but I will leave it at about 3 pages back with this quote.

I for one am glad to be rid of Global Spam Channel in this new game, having suffered enough bla bla bla in other games.

But I can see where the radio / cell phone idea would fill the bill nicely for those who want it.

That said... damn I wish I could get DC to work with a nearby player. I have found that it works about as reliably as my flashlight.

But now that I read the sticky at the top of this thread, I should have my ducks in a row and be able to make sense of what the hell I am doing...