Knight Armor

Knight Armor -

Reduce damage from zombies by 90%

Cannot be fractured, bleed or knock out from zombie attacks

Slow movement speed by 25%

Armor shines on sunlight

Loot drops in Castle

Inventory slot: 3

The armor gives the player extra protection against zombies, but in exchange for exposure from bandits. There's viable strategy such as having knight suit armor player attracting the zombie hordes away from the area his team mates scavenging safely without being interrupted by zombies and the knight suit armor player should be mostly safe against zombie hordes from several hits

LET IT BE IN THE STANDALONE :D

omg no wayz, add liek wolfz as wellz? annn liek drag0nz!

• Like 3

Omg that's not realistic, knight armor is because PEOPLE MADE THEM FROM THE PAST AND PEOPLE PUT THEM IN CASTLE!

There could be no armours in castle ruins, they were looted at least 400 years ago and no armour spawns from then. They can be in some Chernarussian museum... but there is not any.

ahhh.... but plate and mail would be an excellent idea. I personally wouldn't mind finding some darker plate armor and some chain mail as well as a sword or spear. It doesn't have to have a fantasy feel. If you make it seem realistic you would find it actually fits with quieter take downs and survival without being bitten. There could be an inhabited castle that has some on display by a wealthy tennant or a museum added to a new map.

Edited by James_Manring

omg no wayz, add liek wolfz as wellz? annn liek drag0nz!

Hahaha! Pleez Doo~!

... Nat!

Maybe some sort of amours added to that game wouldn't hurt. It would add more gear to be scavenged, and also more rare stuff as there would be a bunch of different armours. B)

There's currently no armor that gives extra protection against PvE that's why I'm suggesting it :D

Knight Armor -

Reduce damage from zombies by 90%, no bullet resistance

Cannot be fractured, bleed or knock out from zombie attacks, but can be knocked over with ease and the player can't get up without help

Slow movement speed by 25%, no running and sprinting

Armor shines on sunlight, player needs more drink due to heat and food to to weight

Loot drops in Castle

Inventory slot: 3 WHY 3? Sniper , sniper and sniper?

But i lolled at this.

I'd like to see some garb that influences defense. No need to make it steel plates, though. Just some kevlar will do. Heck, a lot of zombie-type attacks could be thwarted by just a nice leather jacket, and a helmet would be pretty great. Looks like the ArmA3 engine will support a lot of clothing options, judging by early videos and such, so I'm all about being able to change clothes to something with survival properties. When I can roll into Stary with a long duster coat and a motorcycle helmet on, I'll be pretty stoked.

Sure, put on that full suit of plate armor. And give up your backpack slot. And ability to sprint. Or run.

Reduce damage from zombies by 90%, no bullet resistance - I've considered bullet resistance but that would mean that everyone would put this plate as their first choice and neglecting other type of suit such as a ghillie suit. The knight armor is meant for PvE and gives more exposure to PvP that's why I didn't give the knight armor bullet resistance. There's still some room for bullet resistance feature such as introducing bullet proof vest than making knight armor have protection over zombies and bandits which is overpowered in my opinion.

Cannot be fractured, bleed or knock out from zombie attacks, but can be knocked over with ease and the player can't get up without help - I didn't considered people getting knock over because it's not a feature on DayZ yet, Knock out is different from knock over as one is unconcious the other is just falling on the floor.

Slow movement speed by 25%, no running and sprinting - I thought of that, but this would completely removes the advantage of the armor in the first place because you would never outrun zombie hordes and you would take too much damage eventually which the damage taken wearing the knight armor is more than not wearing the knight armor. Maybe only allowed to run and not allowed to sprint but I think total movement speed decrease by 25% is more balance

Armor shines on sunlight, player needs more drink due to heat and food to to weight - This is logical, and I also thought of this too but I decided to not add that in because it would make the players neglect the armor due to the fact that the survivability is already worse as it is, the decrease movement and the high profile exposure is already enough disadvantage for a player to even consider this armor, if you add more nobody is ever going to use it. This suggestion can also apply to the ghillie suit - wrapping yourself all over with the suit surely should make you feel too hot and need more water? I also didn't add this feature because I thought it might create bugs like your water and food decrease at same rate even if you changed the suit

Loot drops in Castle

Inventory slot: 3 WHY 3? Sniper , sniper and sniper? - I only did this so people don't abuse the armor by changing suit every time something happens, it gives them more commitment to wear the suit instead of unequipping and then re-equipping now and then. Surely they can change suit if they're willing to give up 3 inventory space for the suit, which I think is reasonable in exchange for the abuse that players may use.

Edited by Yumbra

This could never be realistic for a start medieval russia never even had knights or used plate armour like the english or french did.

What if the english or french invaded russia in medieval times, so it can be realistic.

No.

I dont want to see tanks going around owning everyone like in other games.

I thought you were trolling, but I see that you're serious. As soon as Rocket and Co. starts adding plate/scale mail and swords and sorcery I'm done with this this game.

I thought you were trolling, but I see that you're serious. As soon as Rocket and Co. starts adding plate/scale mail and swords and sorcery I'm done with this this game.

I'd probably be done too, not sure though.

If he gets to have knight armor then I DEMAND that wizard robes be made available too!

If he gets knight armor then I demand wizard robes be made available also.

You guys are so quick to stomp all over peoples ideas. Quickly stereotyping them and bringing up dragons and wizards and other stupid shit. Knights and armour do exist, therefor this is a valid suggestion. There is nothing unrealistic about what he has suggested, and this forum is for suggestions. If you just read it and commented "no" then why even bother? Atleast make a constructive and informative reason as to why you think this isnt a good idea. ANY other response please just dont even bother.

• Like 2

Delta smoke is right, we should be a bit more respectful towards other people's ideas...

Maybe instead of knight armor it can be body armor?

Steel Plate seems odd and out of place for this game. Not to mention totally impractical. What about sports wear? Like padding from football, hockey, etc.

Effects could be:

Gives you extra defense against melee attacks (zombies as well as players)

Much less frequent fractures and bleeds (I think 100% would be too much)

Slows you down slightly

Requires you to only have melee weapons equipped (maybe an allowance for pistols)

Requires you to carry a smaller bag

As my groups designated axebitch, I would like to have something like this in game.