• TrackIR?

>makes over 100k a year

>has girlfriend

please tell me more about my priorities

priorities ...

dont bragg on the internet like a douche

dont watch kids prgrams aimed at little girls

Also on topic

i would love to give this a go dunno if it wud help or not in game but would be fun to try

• Like 1

Fuck.

The COOLEST shit I've seen. Period.

People that think they wouldn't like to look around irl - already do when playing. Just don't realise.

I have a TrackIR5 + Trackclip Pro for flightsims, I don't use it for DayZ though. I might give it a try.

How about getting a life and just go into the military....jeez

People discussing gaming perpetuals being used for a specific game on a forum dedicated for said game; what an atrocity, isn't it?

• Like 1

I have a TrackIR5 + Trackclip Pro for flightsims, I don't use it for DayZ though. I might give it a try.

You will never want to play without it if you do.

You have been warned.

In other games with no TrackIR support I frequently turn my head out of habit and am constantly dissappointed when nothing happens. :-p

I really don't get the TrackClip Pro.

I have it, but I don't use it.

I use the regular TrackClip which attaches neatly to the top of my headset (Steel Series Siberia V2).

I have used the TrackClip Pro and played around with it plenty, but I can't really see it giving smoother or more accurate tracking.

If I had tested it out before I bought it, I definitely wouldn't've paid the extra for it.

Even if it does give more accurate tracking, I don't see myself using it because the cable for it just gets in the way.

They really need to make a wireless version.

i put in an order with santa for the trackir 5 and can't wait to fire that puppy up.i also look forward to the oculus rift , but like all kickstarter projects , it could be a few years (if at all) in the future.i saw the dislecxi vid a few months back and i am pumped.

my answer to your servey is : soon.

i'll provide feedback when i'm rolling.

stay frosty.

How about getting a life and just go into the military....jeez

Yeah, because I like immersion in my military sims I must have no life and have never served in the military. Your comment is baseless and at best meaningless to this discussion. And if you're referring to the guy in the video who's very enthusiastic about TrackIR, he has served with the marines for several years.

I'd love to give the TrackIR a go, but unless my application to ShackTac gets accepted I don't see myself spending that much money on it yet. I've used it briefly thanks to an old friend who had one, and it was amazing. I only used it in a flightsim though, and I'd love to see how it works out in ARMA and DayZ in general.

I have just bought a TrackIR3 pro. It works almost the same as version 5.

>makes over 100k a year

>has girlfriend

please tell me more about my priorities

>no one cares

>troll someone else

On topic:

This piece of gear is kinda cool. Its a bit expensive though.

I've used TrackIR with ARMA II, and it's allmost impossible to live without now. I highly recommend this, as it helps alot with situational awareness. I also turn my head around in other games now, and especially when seeing ARMA II videos on youtube :P It takes a little while, but it becomes second nature very fast.

If you don't know if it will be worth your money, try free track first, or facetracknoir or what it's called (I haven't tried facetrack). Free Track requires that you have a webcam you don't use anymore and know alittle about solidering, but it's not hard to do. It's not equally good as TrackIR, but it works. Just alittle more sensitive to lighting conditions.

http://www.free-track.net/english/

My TrackIR has been lying gathering dust for years, I now just use the left alt and mouse to move my head ingame now, works perfectly imho..

Just wanna warn some folks here with my experiences.First off is that I have it and I do not use it In Dayz.The product requires you to sit perfectly centered in your seat or else the sensors go off screen and the screen goes crazy.This drives me nuts in a game like Dayz where I do gun fight with my body straight and head pressed against the screen and at other times I slack into my seat and at times even turn sideways from screen to put my legs up on desk.In flight sims I am always seated perfectly as the sim requires alot of concentration and it works amazing!!! It is a must in flight sims and IMO its ok in Dayz.

Another issue I had is the TrackIR pro clip is a piece of junk.Cheap plastic that broke when I dropped my headphones only one time.And this happened right before I went to try it for the first time.Luckily it ships with the normal clip which works good enough if your seated in a normally lit room IMO.I put my SHIFT key as the look around key as its way easier to use and this button is very important for situational awareness.SPACE key is the walk/run toggle.

Finally to sell this product eve more here is a kool video of it in action in a zombie mod for Arma2.

Edited by wolfstriked

I have a #4 lost somewhere in my basement. Never got used to it, have a chipmunk attention span, I just use my mouse thumb button for freelook instead.

1st time using the trackir 5.it'll take a bit of getting used to and tweaking(head movement can be adjusted better for aiming).it was a bit rough looking down the iron sights of the enfield

As a few have stated, it tends to go out of its comfort zone, thus sending my view into a spazmatic orgasm intended on making me crash my Heli... >:( I really do love this hardware, and if I could get it to perform in a way that was intended, I would "never" take it off. But it is just to random for me.

Since I have just one screen I don't use/want TracIR, just because I can't see myself using it on one screen. If I would have 3 screens then I can see potential in TracIR, but not just with one.

1st time using the trackir 5.it'll take a bit of getting used to and tweaking(head movement can be adjusted better for aiming).it was a bit rough looking down the iron sights of the enfield

Yeah, that looks about right. There is a learning curve with it. Just like when someone starts pc gaming for the first time, they have to develop muscle memory for their hands, well, now you have to do it for your head and neck muscles.

I cant play without it, once you used it theres no going back.

Remember the settings for the camera. Ppl tend to forget to change settings when sittin in bright rooms or dark rooms.

Then learn how to configure the movements.

Takes some time but when u learn it you will be rockin.

Yeah, that looks about right. There is a learning curve with it. Just like when someone starts pc gaming for the first time, they have to develop muscle memory for their hands, well, now you have to do it for your head and neck muscles.

totally right.my p.c. is also fairly new too (had it about 6 months now).

after a few more play sessions i find it totally intuitive , even on the default setting.i will jump in and set up a custom load out when i figure out how to.

i love that i bought it , but the track clip pro should come in wireless IMO.

i would recommend it if it is not a major purchase or crazy money for people.i got it from a local dealer here in norway and i found it to be fairly affordable , but it is aimed at people who know their way around a computer , and i do not fit into that criteria - yet.

I'm afraid I would get sick and very confused using it. Easier for me to use my hands giggity.

Saw the Kickstarter video for the Oculus Rift after reading about it on the Q&A list on forums.

Thought it was cool, and that it would probably make my TrackIR redundant if it worked well enough.

So I was wondering how many people play DayZ currently using TrackIR.

I find it great for indoors, situational awareness outdoors, keeping track of team-mates when moving in groups through forests (can turn my head to look at my team-mates to see where they are whilst I continue running), and especially handy when flying choppers or driving vehicles (can look into turns much easier, and look behind me easily when I have to reverse).

I'm so used to using my TrackIR now that if I hear something outside my FOV I can instantly turn my head to look at it. In games that don't support TrackIR (like 99% of the games out there), I often find myself turning my head trying to look around just purely out of habit.

Does it not irrate you if you are about to snipe someone and itch you head ? :P