uberwolfe

Is this game dying?

This.

This so much. Even our large group would rather up the kills of hatchet nubs then help people. I offered to go in Cherno and open a dialogue with some people but the situation went south quick after the overwatch got done in by a trigger happy nub who didn't warn the group he was firing and revealed the position. Shortly later the three man group died to close range fires.

So alone and in Cherno with another three man group coming in from the north I stumble across a guy crouch running blind in the night with a good grade military rifle. He passes me no more than 10 meters and I yell "HALT" in direct, I wanted to see if this guy was a reasonable person, I'm interested in the social aspect of this apocalypse. But I'm not stupid.

He turns around, I assume out of habit to see who is talking to him, and at this range I have no choice but to pull the trigger of my FN FAL (Man killer) and gun him down. Simultaneously to all of this he utters three words in what I think is a british accent; "Are you friendly?". I kick my self around for the next few days wondering if who I gunned down was just turning to look at me. Still my concious is clear, when told to HALT you fucking halt.

When told to drop your gun you fucking drop it.

Yeah, aggressively yelling "HALT" at someone running blind in the night is a grand way to determine if someone is "reasonable." "When told to HALT you fucking halt...when told to drop your gun you fucking drop it" Real friendly tone and demeanor you have there, I'm sure you find "reasonable" people in droves. So this "social aspect" youre interested in, are you just referring to ordering people to do whatever you tell them, and if they dont, you kill them?

the mod is dead, long live the standalone.

i find it funny that every community i come across, there is a "this is dead" thread every couple of weeks. A bit like we have an "end of the world is nigh" news story every few years. people love the attention of a good "it's not how it used to be" lament.

it is less popular than it has been for sure, but many games would love the player levels this mod has even now. stuff will get better, players will continue to play and the world will keep turning.

There are 4500 servers up. Judging by your logic, there should be 200,000+ people on right now.

I don't ever recall there ever being over 40,000 people playing this game at one time. The problem is not that there are less players, but anyone can start up a server whenever they feel like it. There are way to many servers right now. I don't think I've seen a game with 4,000 servers up at one time apart from the cod's, battlefield's.

Well from the people I know and play with in DayZ, many leave to play other games. Its not that they hate the game or anything, they like it. But being in Alpha it gets annoying after a while.

Its more like they just don't play as much rather then play all the time. We are all like that now. We did play the other night but out of the 5 of us, 4 left to play War of Flowers or something (?). I eventually logged out as I was sick of running for ages lol.

For me, Iv been playing Orcs Must Die and Diablo3 again (new patch released). And if Im not doing that Im in Photoshop drawing stuff. Not much time for DayZ these days.

Many hackers have been banned as well.

Once DayZ fixes a lot of issues or even hits standalone or Beta, we would be back in a second.

I just don't see the problem. I think the game is top fun, and better than anything else around. Would love objectives, would love, I dunno, stuff. But thus far I'm content that it's just an alpha, and the fact that I can progress further faster each time I learn something new. Haven't had much problems with the hackers, and I hear they're dwindeling anyway, so as far as the game dieing, I would think such happy news could bring back some players. Also, it's autumn and people got stuff to do. It's only natural that the game sees a dip. As far as the game dieing - don't bet on it.

I admit that I haven't been playing nearly as much as I thought I would. The game is tough, you die a ton, and in my opinion most of the frustrations are just because the game needs to work better. Once some time goes along and everything runs smoothly I'll be playing more. Until then I'll play in bits and pieces so I don't ruin the game for me.

Nope, merely the server growth 'sploded and is outrunning the player growth.

More servers = less people per server.

To be honest - I rarely play DayZ these days. Reasons: Grafical Artifacts, but mainly the loading time when joining a server. I dont get why Rocket just takes out the dead military zombies when he cant fix them.

I love this mod. But I have to say: Not one of the big bugs have ben fixed since more than a month (grafical artifacts, tent dupings, loading time, hackers). So the DayZ stuff is either incompetent, or they put all their work on the standalone.

And no, I am not crying. I play Arma2 since it came out. I dont really care if DayZ dies or not, because either way, I wil have my fun with other Arma2-Mods.

• Like 1

It sucks for me because I got arma 2 just for dayz.

I'm a sucker for zombie games

Seems to me this game is slowly withering away...

Most of the servers I frequent are now less than 1/4 full at peak times when 2 weeks ago they were full 24/7.

The servers where I have my hidden camps are apparently shutting down in 3 weeks...

Some of the other servers have simply not bothered updating to the latest version.

Not much buzz around the interwebs anymore..

Could it be the lull before the standalone?

What's going on?

This is a mod not a game. Our job is to test it. Stop worrying about your "stuff" and get out there and do your job please

I think the massive hype has just died down and a lot of people that got it just realized it wasn't for them.

Pretty true tbh. I think one of the reasons hacks have been so abundantly used have been because alot of people came to this game with the expectation of being involved in PvP every 30 seconds like other mainstream FPS games. Problem was they couldn't do that legitimitely so they scripted it so they could.

This is a mod not a game. Our job is to test it. Stop worrying about your "stuff" and get out there and do your job please

Are you really that foolish?

This mod IS A GAME. What else do you think it is?

Don't kid yourself - whatever it is you think you're PLAYING is still a GAME no matter what you call it...

And for the record, I don't give a shit about my 'stuff'. I've been playing DayZ since the beginning and I have had, and I have lost everything you can get many many times...

I'm not going to clarify again what my original post was asking.

Edited by uberwolfe

Nope, merely the server growth 'sploded and is outrunning the player growth.

More servers = less people per server.

But i thought DayZ had over a million players?? LAWLZ!!!!!!!

Are you really that foolish?

This mod IS A GAME. What else do you think it is?

Don't kid yourself - whatever it is you think you're PLAYING is still a GAME no matter what you call it...

And for the record, I don't give a shit about my 'stuff'. I've been playing DayZ since the beginning and I have had, and I have lost everything you can get many many times...

I'm not going to clarify again what my original post was asking.

HOW the fuck can you say its not something different ?

For a game (like.. Arma 2, Battlefield 3 or lets say CoD) you have to pay..

Also these games start with a idea like = Lets get realistic (Arma), Lets have a tactical shooter (Battlefield). Lets have a action shooter (Cod)

And they build the game so it fits to the Idea.

But in a Mod like DayZ alot of things are not going to work because Arma 2 wasnt designed for a Zombie-Survival game.

Also Arma 2 is 3 years old and from BIS which dont have that much money.

So agian how can you tell me that a game and a mod are the same ?

Everytime I "test" the "game" I get about 2 hours in and a hacker teleports and insta kill me. I guess after I report the hacker then I deserve a pat on the back job well done?

DayZ is basically the only game I play at the moment, but I'm starting to get sick of it. It's boring that the AS50 is so common, combat logging, ghosting, hackers and that almost every single fucking vehicle is stashed off the map and never see any use. At this point it's more or less just a slow-paced deathmatch for me, as some other players have put it.

I started fresh on a private hive yesterday. It's been a positive experience so far. Vehicles are actually used in the gameplay, because any off map vehicles are deleted, rare weapons actually seem to be rare and it's fun actually having to gear up again (on the public hive we have the best stuff in the game in duping tents, so it's pointless to gear up there).

To be honest - I rarely play DayZ these days. Reasons: Grafical Artifacts, but mainly the loading time when joining a server. I dont get why Rocket just takes out the dead military zombies when he cant fix them.

Have you tried to set video memory to default? That solves the graphic glitches for me and some of my friends at least.

Edited by Herr Robert

HOW the fuck can you say its not something different ?

For a game (like.. Arma 2, Battlefield 3 or lets say CoD) you have to pay..

Also these games start with a idea like = Lets get realistic (Arma), Lets have a tactical shooter (Battlefield). Lets have a action shooter (Cod)

And they build the game so it fits to the Idea.

But in a Mod like DayZ alot of things are not going to work because Arma 2 wasnt designed for a Zombie-Survival game.

Also Arma 2 is 3 years old and from BIS which dont have that much money.

So agian how can you tell me that a game and a mod are the same ?

Lol, just because you didn't specifically pay for DayZ doesn't NOT make it a game...

The only thing that separates a 'mod' from a regular game is that it's not standalone - it still needs the host game to run.

A 'mod' and a 'game' are not two completely different things, but more like a different game from an existing game...

Team Fortress and Counterstrike were originally mods of Half-Life... DayZ is a mod of Arma2

So, by your rationale, Rocket started with an idea such as "lets make a hardcore zombie-themed survival sim"

He modified Arma2 and the game of DayZ was born.

As I said, DayZ is a mod, yes, but it's still a GAME.

Mod / game / game / mod. In this case, It's all the same.

Edited by uberwolfe

Lol, just because you didn't specifically pay for DayZ doesn't NOT make it a game...

The only thing that separates a 'mod' from a regular game is that it's not standalone - it still needs the host game to run.

A 'mod' and a 'game' are not two completely different things, but more like a different game from an existing game...

Team Fortress and Counterstrike were originally mods of Half-Life... DayZ is a mod of Arma2

So, by your rationale, Rocket started with an idea such as "lets make a hardcore zombie-themed survival sim"

He modified Arma2 and the game of DayZ was born.

As I said, DayZ is a mod, yes, but it's still a GAME.

Mod / game / game / mod. In this case, It's all the same.

Inaccurate its a game. But you cant trade DayZ like a real Game.. because its a MOD.

There isnt such a big Team like, lets say Dice ? fixing bugs all days.

The game is not build for the mod. Thats why the Zombies suck in DayZ.

A Mod is a Modification of an Game. Not a game itself.

But how i said Inaccurate.. yeah its a game.

Inaccurate its a game. But you cant trade DayZ like a real Game.. because its a MOD.

There isnt such a big Team like, lets say Dice ? fixing bugs all days.

The game is not build for the mod. Thats why the Zombies suck in DayZ.

A Mod is a Modification of an Game. Not a game itself.

But how i said Inaccurate.. yeah its a game.

You're an idiot, just shut up while you still have some semblance of intelligence left.

DayZ is a game... it's something you do for fun, and is classified as entertainment. The fact that it's a "mod" does not detract from the fact that it is JUST A GAME. This has been explained to you already in more than one way, and I expect the same childish drivel response from you again, no less.

If you still can't get over it, just replace the word "game" with "mod" every time you read it, and stop bugging the rest of us normal people with your backwards-ass OCD bullshit.

*EDIT*

I think what you are trying to say, but failing miserably at, is; "DayZ is a mod for another games engine, and that's why it's buggy". It has nothing to do with being a game... you are trying to argue the validity of the state of the engine, which has nothing to do with the thread anyway. You suck at debating, sorry.

~Sol

Edited by Sol
  • Like 1

That may be a valid argument for a standard alpha or beta test which may have a few hundred people testing, in which case every bug report is needed. In a case where you have upwards of 100,000 people "testing" the game day in and day out, not so much. 50,000 bug reports on the same bug is not only useless duplication, it actually floods the devs with so much information that they begin to have trouble sifting through the duplicates to find anything new. So no, bug reporting is not needed from the masses. If you wish to see yourself as a tester be my guest, but you can lay off the "do your job" tripe ok? I think that job is already being done to excess.

I love this mod. But I have to say: Not one of the big bugs have ben fixed since more than a month (grafical artifacts, tent dupings, loading time, hackers). So the DayZ stuff is either incompetent, or they put all their work on the standalone.

And no, I am not crying. I play Arma2 since it came out. I dont really care if DayZ dies or not, because either way, I wil have my fun with other Arma2-Mods.

In regards to the artifact problem... simply go to the areas where you get the artifacts (assuming in cherno, bolota air field, stary sobor, etc...) and go through your graphic settings one at a time. Artifacts went away for me when I turned off anti-aliasing.